[Venora] Let us drink, let us dance (Crimson)

Alcohol + Couples = Good Dance Moves

0th of Cylus 0

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Kylar
Race: Immortal
Profession: Mercenary/Skyrider
Renown: 27
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

76th of Vhalar

Most Lothar were able to hold alcohol well, and Kylar was no exception. He drunk plenty, and it normally didn't faze him. But something about the relaxed atmosphere made it hit him harder than usual. He had no adrenaline, so he felt the full effect. Granted, he hadn't drunk enough to forget any of the night - but he had drunk more than enough. He was sat out by the doorway, looking on the outside. It was cold, to say the least, but it didn't bother him much. He was just enjoying the evening. But a thought entered his head. Sure, this view was beautiful, but there was something much more beautiful indoors - waiting for him.

Kylar got up and turned around, looking for Crimson. But she wasn't there. Had she gone out? He vaguely remembered that. By Karem, had he really drunk THAT much? He couldn't even remember where his Fiancé had gone. It would explain why he was sat by the door on a cold night. Had she gone somewhere? The thought somewhat scared him, and upset him. If she was out all night, how long would he be waiting until he realised it? If she was back soon, he had forgotten her for a time being. It shouldn't bother him this much. She would be back soon, surely. She had to be. But the thought he forgot her at all brought a tear to his eye. He wiped it, quickly, but it still bothered him. It had been a long time since he had last cried. In fact, the last time he cried was when she accepted his proposal. That thought made him smile, at least. Any tear after that, which there were a few, were happy tears. Remembering their first days together after the proposal, how fast their bond developed. He loved her, there was no denying that.

With that on his mind, he walked over to one of the chairs and sat down, forgetting the door being open. He sat down and buried his head in his hands. "Please, Karem, let her come home safely" he prayed, then closed his eyes and just forgot the world - starting to drift off.
word count: 373
Crimson
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Crimson was out picking flowers for their home. The night was cold, but it didn't phase her too much. Where she had come from the cold was rather bitter, so this was somewhat pleasant for her compared to what she was used to. She walked up to the flowers and started picking them. None of them were rare, but she liked to have them just to look at. Plus, the beauty of them gave her inspiration for her work. Something about the intricate details of a flower was appealing to her, and her ultimate goal was to one day sew the most beautiful flower she could. The bright colors, the beautiful shape and pattern - it was perfect.

After picking some flowers, she decided to finally head back home. She hadn't been out long, only around 15 Bits. She hoped Kylar was alright, he had drunk a fair amount, but he normally held his own against alcohol pretty well. She enjoyed drinking herself, but only in small proportions. For her it was a way to relax in a calm way, but for Kylar it was a way to relax in a more boisterous, loud and somewhat obnoxious way. But she loved all of him, even the obnoxious and unnecessarily shouty side of him. As aforementioned, she was hoping he was okay. He didn't handle loneliness well since meeting her, it was like she was a saving grace to him - but he never wanted to be away from that. When he was working it was different, but being alone in the house was something neither of them enjoyed much. It meant that they both spent a lot of time, but when they weren't it was a problem.

Finally, she arrived home. To her surprise, Kylar was dozing off at the table. Not to her surprise, there was no more alcohol and the door was wide open. Fantastic. So she walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. She then wrapped her arms around him and knelt beside him on the floor, her arms tangled around his waist to make sure they were both close. "Are you feeling ok, Kylar?" she asked, concerned.
word count: 366
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Everything around him fell near enough to silent, in his head. Kylar was in a state of daydreaming, his head wandering. He thought about all kind of things, but Crimson was prominent in his mind. Clear images of all of their memories gave him some comfort, making him drift off more and more as time went on. Their first kiss, sitting down for meals together while the cold outside raged - yet it never bothered them. When she agreed to marry him. They'd talk about their future from early on in their relationship, like it was certain, but of course Kylar had doubt. This world was cold and cruel, how could he keep something this beautiful? But he did. He lasted till marriage, and now they were on their way to the future they spent so much time planning and dreaming of.

Finally, he woke. Arms wrapped around his waist, a soft voice talking to him - Crimson. All of his emotion came back at once, the thought of forgetting her, the fear of not knowing where she was - but the love and joy of seeing her to counter it. This tidal wave of feeling and he didn't know how to respond. So he wrapped his arms around her as well, holding her tight. "Crimson! I'm so relieved you're home" he couldn't refrain from saying. He stood up, pulling her up with him. "I love you..." he whispered quietly by her ear. Now he felt truly comfortable. He didn't know how much of this emotion was the drinking he had done, but he knew that it was real enough. So he buried his head in her shoulder, placing his arms on her waist to keep her close to him.

That was when the music started. Somewhere outside, a song was playing from the street. At first Kylar didn't notice it. But then he remembered. That soft guitar, the vocals singing about love and admiration. It was a song that they'd first heard when they were exploring Crimson's home town, and someone was performing it on the road side. She'd learnt the song that day, singing along for what felt like hours. Since then, it was something that the two of them adored to sing together. Kylar didn't have the most amazing voice, but was always told he could with practice. He just rarely did. Usually, while singing, he would stop part way through just to hear Crimson clearer. But this time he wanted to join in. So without waiting for her to notice, he did. "I dreamed that I can live like this, this beautiful existence. I know you've been my only wish, with our love so pure" he sung softly to the guitar. He lifted his head to look up at Crimson and tightened his hold on her waist. Then, he smiled, all of the negative emotions completely forgotten.
word count: 490
Crimson
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 0

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Let us Drink, Let us Dance
As Kylar threw himself on to her, she was taken back. But his warmth made her surprise both brief and irrelevant. She tightened her grip on him, nuzzling her head against his neck. "I'm glad I'm home too, but I was hardly gone. I hope you didn't miss me too much?" she asked playfully. However, this reaction was the opposite of playful. He did miss her, the fact he reacted like this was clear. But she told him where she was going, she wanted to find flowers and she'd told him that. He must have forgotten - more than likely alcohol related. Speaking of flowers, she placed them down on the table behind him and carried on hugging him. "I love you too, Kylar."

Music echoing through the street flooded in to the house, sending a shiver down Crimson's spine. Kylar then started singing as well, giving her memories of the old times. Their days together in a few arcs back, with nothing but each-other to worry about. No responsibilities, just time to spend. Walking down the road as the music played, and she instantly fell in love with it. If she was being honest, it wasn't the song that Crimson loved. But walking down the road of an evening, hand in hand with the man she loved after a night so perfect. This song reminded her of that, so clearly she could still smell the fresh air and feel Kylar against her. It was beautiful, and she loved it.

As Kylar sung, she wanted to join him. But the mood wasn't right. They were pressed together, arms wrapped around each-other. This wasn't the place to sing. Instead, she looked up to him and took a strong stance. "Dance with me" she said quietly. She pulled their hips as close as possible, then placed his hands on her hips for him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "Follow my steps, ok Kylar? It isn't too hard. Just step side to side for now, and match my footing" she explained. She stepped side to side, a very basic step. "This position is a simple one, but we use it for dances like this - romantic ones."

Step by step, she went. Slowly spinning. Occasionally a mistake was made, but the steps were simple. It took so little to do. "What do you think, Kylar? Does it fit the song?"
word count: 414
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kylar's hands obeyed where Crimson placed them after she had told him to dance. "I can't dance, you know that..." he said nervously. In truth, she didn't know that, because he'd never tried before. But he thought the excuse would work - and to no surprise, it didn't. He listened to her tell him how simple it would be, and that gave him some comfort in the matter, but this wasn't a skill he had. He could fight and ride animals and hunt - but he couldn't dance? Perhaps it was worth learning, so he could impress Crimson with it one day. But he put that thought aside - for now.

He matched her footing carefully, trying not to mess up at all. But he wasn't good, at all. In fact, he was far from good. He struggled to keep his balance at times, and occasionally stood on her foot. "I'm sorry" he said every now and again, when he messed up a step or something along the lines. Where was he going wrong? He looked down at his own feet as they went to see where the mistake was being made. When he tripped again, he saw the issue. He was dragging his right foot too much. Perhaps it was the alcohol, or perhaps it was just him - but he was definitely dragging that foot. He carried on again, focusing more on that foot. He slid his arms up to her sides a bit, making it feel more balanced and so he was leaning forward less. He straightened his back more to try and do the same.

"I like it, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Can we try something else perhaps?"
word count: 293
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”