• Graded • Riding the Tide

(Rei)

0th of Cylus 0

The Orm'del Sea is an ocean that separates Eastern and Western Idalos. It is said to have many horrors awaiting those that wish to travel through its waters.
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Riding the Tide

Vhalar 122 716

A couple of trials passed since Pat had his chat with Rei, the two of them had been busy trying to branch out, make peace with the mercenaries that were aboard; the kind of peace that ever prevented any violence from happening. With the way things were and they being stuck aboard the ship with the lot, Patrick had made quite a good point in regards with trying to 'befriend' the nicer ones. He hadn't had too much luck with the mercs as the majority seemed standoffish, no doubt required a more feminine touch to try and lure them from their shell. Two of the five mercenaries had seemed nice enough to be sociable with him though, a better number than what he started with after finally trying. One of them actually listened to his story about Kar, his opinion matched that of everybody else back home who had caught wind of it.

The evening came after a long day spent bonding with the mercenary, who later revealed his name to be Torn, and not long afterwards came the time to shelter back within their quarters. Patrick had honestly beaten Rei back here after having a quick supper, his boots already removed next to the frame as he sat within the hammock. He'd surprisingly found them a little comfortable after spending so many days sleeping in them, though he had yet fully lain in the one he and Rei shared. He figured he'd wait until she came back first before getting settled in, and so he passed the time by looking at his pendant in thought once more. Rei's profound words still echoed within the walls of his mind, their meaning left a residual imprint on his outlook now that he took it upon himself to wear it.

He thought more and more about Kar too. What he would do if the two ran into one another, the next time they met face to face. Patrick didn't honestly know what to expect but he played different scenarios within his head, each and every one ending the same way no matter how different they played out. Kar being dead. It shouldn't be such a surprise to Patrick, granted it slowly became something he quietly obsessed over. Kar had been the one who ruined everything for Patrick, if it wasn't for him then Dominek wouldn't have died. He'd still be here and more than likely with Patrick, able to protect him and Rei from the dangers of the world. But no... He was dead all because he became an obstacle, one that Kar decided to remove before he became a real problem.

He felt a chill suddenly as his feet started to go cold, a sigh exhaled with a shudder revealed his breath within the glow of the lantern. Fog. Or at least that's how his breath appeared anyways, which meant the temperature finally dropped to colder levels. So they would have to take care and make it an effort to stay warm, not that it was too much of an issue with Patrick. He had Rei to keep him grounded at night so when he relived the experience of his night terror, he merely woke up to find her there as usual for him to return to sleep. She had become his direction in a sense, his angle that he wanted to follow. Because of that he felt confident and even determined, willing to go the distance in reuniting her with Wendell. How long until they reached Ne'haer? According to Torn it was almost a seventy trial trip from Rharne, and granted they left eight trials ago they still had a ways to go.
word count: 630
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Rei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer and Gardener
Renown: 49
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

“Unarmed combat, ain’t much to it more than balling up your fists and swingin’.” One of the brutes said gruffly as he bit into his stale bread and fish that he had stacked on top of one another. His name was Pim, as Rei had learned, and he was one of the mercenaries that she couldn’t seem to get anything out of. Even though he had sat down next to her to eat dinner, she had a feeling he didn’t see her as much more than a piece of meat. The thought sent a shudder up her spine. She wasn’t sure she was ready to go to that length to gain their trust.

“Well now that ain’t true, Pim. Anyone can throw fists but someone who knows what they be doin’ has the upper hand.” Her blue eyes flitted across the table to Lan, a brute of a man that had given her advice when he had found her punching away on grain bags in the storage galley. “You got ta learn to put your weight behind the swing without losing yer balance.” He smacked on some of the bread and lightly sipped the water. Everyone was careful with their drink since it was rationed.

To her surprise, Lan reached her and grabbed her wrist, balling it up and throwing her arm behind a mock punch. “Somethin’ like that anyways. And you can’t forget yer legs. Lot of people forget about those.” Rei thought about the groin kick that Wendell had shown her what seemed like ages ago. She took a bite of her bread, spending more time picking at the fish than eating it. It had been ok the first few trials but now it was just getting old and monotonous. She would have killed for a good slice of meat right about now.

After giving the rest of her fish to Lan and spending time chatting him up and flirting, she took her leave of the table, depositing her soiled dishes in the small kitchen adjoined to the dining hall. She left the chatter of men behind and headed back to the cabin to see if Patrick had settled yet. She found him sitting on the hammock with his bare feet on the floor. She was bundled up in her woolen clothes with the scarf wrapped loosely around her neck and shoulders. Her hair was getting stringy and smelled of fish and salt, though no one else aboard smelled any better.

Rei smiled at him and ducked to her bag in the corner, pulling out a glass bottle she had found hidden in the storage galley. It was filled with a dark liquid that smelled of spice. “Lookie what I found!” She didn’t care if it was stolen. What else did they have to do on this Immortals forsaken ship but sit around and wait? She popped the cork and took a few long swigs, the warmth of the liquid setting her insides on fire. It felt good in the cold. She extended the bottle out for him to take. “I think I’ve made friends with the one they call Lan. He seems to like giving me advice on my practice.”
Last edited by Rei on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 541
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Rharne had to be getting pretty cold as well now that he thought about it, while the taverns and local businesses were all warm and cozy inside. Their hearths fed with wood to keep a hot flame going, keeping the cold at a bay so long as they remained indoors. Quite unlike the damned ship he was on. Everybody had to dress warmly if they wanted to keep the cold out, even then he didn't exactly feel as warm as he'd preferred. Pat sighed as he clasped the pendant back around his neck, the silver compass dangled just above the middle of his chest. He brushed his fingers through his hair and came to realize how curled and shaggy it had started to get, the amount of time spent sailing on this blasted vessel distracted him.

He needed a hot bath and a shave. Both his hair and his beard had grown a little out of hand, with it being the cusp of Zi'da though, he probably didn't need to worry about shaving til Rebirth started once more. Still he dreamed of having a nice warm bath, warm fire, clean clothes, and something to eat besides fish and bread. Sure he loved sea food but only to a certain extent, when it was the only kind of food you had to eat every day, well not even extra salt would help improve the bland flavor. Rei came inside and offered him a smile just before she leaned over, her hand sought out something hidden away within her bag. She then presented a bottle of what could only be spiced rum perhaps, granted this had been a transport vessel rather than a trade vessel. He watched as she took the first good swig out of the bottle, a chuckle came out of Patrick before he finally had a turn at it.

He tilted the bottle onto his lips and felt the wicked burn of alcohol race onto his tongue, and down his throat as he gave it a few good chugs like the drunk he was. Rharnian's were always well known for their tolerance with alcohol, so when he felt the toxicity of the substance reach the inside of his gut, he couldn't help but sigh loudly as he started to feel warm and fuzzy within his belly. How long had it been again? Eight trials? Damn he'd forgotten how wonderful booze felt. "Yeah that's the good stuff." He admitted as he looked down at the bottle, his hand moved to offer it back to Rei.

"Its good that your makin' friends, so far only one's warmed up t' me. Should only be a matter o' time before the rest follow along." He reasoned as he watched her take the next swig with a soft grin on his face, his eyes then moved down to the cast on his right wrist. "Can't wait until this damned wrist is healed, I feel useless without it ya know." He spoke honestly about it, given that he practically was useless to do anything right now. Except talk and drink. It seemed as though talking was what he'd have to rely on for now, using the power of words to sway the opinions of those on board.
word count: 553
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Rei
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

It was the good stuff. At least Rei thought so, not that her opinion mattered much, as she wasn’t sure she ever had tasted rum before. It was pleasant, though. It burned like whiskey but there was a pleasant spice almost something like cinnamon in it. “I think this is my first time to have rum. Not as good as wine, but it’s distinctly more pleasant than whiskey. At least in my opinion.” She smiled and snatched the bottle from his hand, taking another swig that was small in comparison to the ones Patrick took. Then again, it wouldn’t take as much to get her drunk.

He mentioned that only one of the mercenaries had warmed up to him, and Rei had rather hoped it would have been more than that. Though it wasn’t unusual that a group of men stuck on board a wooden prison with a group of other men would be more drawn to a woman. She sighed, wondering if she was going to have to seduce all of them in order for them to make any headway. “Well, don’t be afraid to use your sexual charm. Who knows, some of them may prefer you to me.”

She looked down at his braced wrist. It wasn’t going to be healed any time soon. When you broke something it took time to heal, even if the break was only minor. Silently she wondered if there was some kind of magic the Lightning Priestesses back in Rharne might have had to make it go more quickly. “I know, I’m sure it’s bothersome. Your dominant hand, too. Unfortunately I’m not magic. At least, not that I know of.” Rei smiled and offered him back the bottle of rum. It might just turn out to be a decent night if they just passed the bottle back and forth.

“Why don’t you tell me about your family. You’ve never really told me anything other than what happened with your brother. But nothing sad! Tell me some happy stories. I bet you and your brother were quite the pair.” Having known Patrick, Rei decided she probably would have liked knowing his brother. Brothers were always such a pair, at least the ones she had met. If Dominek had been anything like Patrick, they would have been interesting to know together.
word count: 398
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Patrick couldn't help but laugh a little when Rei pointed out this being her first time, when it came to drinking rum rather than wine or whiskey as it were. Indeed there was that spice to it that did remind Pat of cinnamon, a definitive flavor that made the drink go down smoother with its burn. "Aye. Personally coconut is a better flavor, but spiced rum is just as good for drinkin." He agreed with a soft smile on his face, as she went in for a simple little swig compared to his usual chug or guzzle. He had to remember she wasn't a native to Rharne, so drinking for her wasn't naturally an everyday thing. Probably part of the reason why she had concern for him, back when he drank excessively before they'd met.

"Really now? Guess I'll just give 'em a wink and see how they like it." He jested in regards to her suggestion with the use of his sexual charm, he hardly considered his current state of appearance worth anything, so naturally charming others didn't come to mind as of late. He felt grungy and the salt sprayed from the sea didn't help him much, already he could tell his hair as well as skin likely smelt of the sea. "I think it's only a matter o' time before the others warm up really, Torn's a pretty swell guy for a mercenary. And from the sound o' things you've got the others lined up for ya." He remarked with a encouraging wink shot to her, the bottle handed back to him as she mentioned the idea of magic. Fates be damned he hoped she wasn't, he couldn't handle the idea of being near something... supernatural.

He'd never seen anybody use magic in action before, though the Lightning Knights and Thunder Priests could use Ilaren's power. Even then it was a scary concept to him, that kind of power wasn't something any mere mortal should possess. He'd taken another good chug as Rei suggested he talk about his family, something related to happier times he'd spent with his brother before everything happened. He sighed and bit on his lips softly for a moment in thought, unaware that he'd gone in for a second sip of the rum in his hand. "Let's see... Well ya could say we were a pair, though he was always the guy that had t' do right by others. Always tryin' t' lead an example for me really, though I never really fitted in with such a thing."

He handed the bottle back over to Rei with a yawn as he shivered, the cold in his feet settled elsewhere in his body, while the inside of his torso felt warm and fuzzy from the spiced rum. "I remember," As he started he laughed just a little, "there was this one time I spent the night with this woman, she'd needed someone t' get her back home in the Glass Quarter and it just had t' be me. Of course we were both thundered stones at best. So, naturally, she invites me in t' stay for the night." He looked to her with a smug grin on his face. "Turns out she was the daughter o' one of the nobles there, and when he caught us together, I had been accused for trespassin' and taken int' custody by the knights. Dom was pissed!" Another laugh came as he remembered the lecture that first came, and how the whole ordeal became a joke between them later on. "He bailed me out o' course explainin' the situation, coverin' for my ass like he always would when I found trouble. It wasn't until later he'd tease me 'bout takin' women back t' their place."

As he finished the story Rei passed over the bottle once more, a fond smile on his face as he thought more and more about Dom. There were good times and bad times too, but through the thick and the thin the brothers stuck together. It was what they did, ever since they were left to fend for themselves within the world. With another swig taken he looked down to the bottle, surprised to find it'd only reached just below half empty. "Bloody lightweight you are!" He teased Rei as he offered the bottle once more, curious to see if she'd meet his challenge in confidence.
word count: 757
"Freedom is everything."

Rei
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

“Well we were limited. I just happened to stumble across this in the storage galley. Someone had it hidden and will be none too pleased to find it gone, so it’s best we stay in here. I have some apples and stale bread in my bag if you need anything to munch on.” Of course Rei knew that Rharnians tried to avoid food when they were drinking because it took away the buzz and made it harder to keep it going. Drunks, the lot of them. At least Patrick had gotten better and had cut back, of course he didn’t have much choice once he boarded the ship.

Rei didn’t really think she had anyone ‘lined up’ for her. Lan seemed to like her well enough, but who was to say that it would matter once money came into play? After all, mercenaries weren’t exactly well known for their love of people. It was the love of money that drove them to do their jobs. Something had to drive them to do the often despicable acts they engaged in. Money was a powerful thing and could easily sway even the noblest of men, and these were less than noble fellows. “I guess we’ll see how much it matters when it comes down to it. Money is very good persuasion to betray someone, especially for someone like a mercenary.”

She took another sip of rum, this time a much longer sip, as she listened to Patrick spin his tales about him and his brother. Rei often wondered what it would be like to have a sibling, having been an only child. It wasn’t that her parents hadn’t wanted more children, just that they were never able to conceive after her. Those in the business of medicine in Desnind postulated several reasons, most of them going back to the birth. She had always felt that she had robbed her mother of other children, though it was never something she discussed.

A bubble of laughter overcame her as he told his story of taking home a noble’s daughter. She could definitely imagine Patrick in such an awkward situation, facing the noble father with his pants around his ankles and likely trying to convince him he was only making sure she got home safely. “What were you robbing the cradle then?” She snickered and ducked down to take a seat on the hammock next to him, the ropes creaking in protest. “I can just picture it now. You naked in her bedroom with your cock hanging out and trying to convince the oh so noble father that you were just worried about her getting home safely.”

She didn’t much mind if Patrick retaliated against her, after all she was giving him a fairly hard time over his story. Instead he chose to insult her ability to drink, a comment that hardly stung her pride. “Alright then!” She snatched the bottle up and brought it to her lips, turning the bottom up as she took a good chug from the bottle. Her mind was already fuzzy and her vision began to get a little blurry after she took that chug. “I don’t really have any wild stories. I could always tell you how I found my familiar. Have you ever heard any Sev’ryn bond stories?”

As she glanced over at him, she noticed the ruggedness of his features and the scruffy facial hair that was taking over. Rei looked up into his warm eyes, casting between his alluring gaze and his tempting lips. “Patrick,” she whispered quietly among the sounds of the boat. Luckily, the door was already closed. She leaned over and pressed him back against the hammock, her plump lips brushing against his before she pressed down for a full kiss. Her fingers traced lazily around his chest and the fabric of his shirt. There were no buttons so she grabbed the hem and pulled it up, trying to ease the garment off of him if he would let her.
word count: 678
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

While Rei had entertained the idea of their little charade with the mercenaries, Patrick had been keen to sit back and observe more than anything. He'd been doing so since day one of their journey overseas, but he didn't just keep a keen eye on those aboard the vessel. Not even just Gorroc himself, though he was the primary issue they needed to deal with. No. He'd been keeping an eye on Rei too, not because he wanted to, but because he felt he should to begin with. How she'd been acting the past couple of days, warming up to the guys as they gave her lessons, charming them with personality alone to improve disposition.

She might not have noticed it but Patrick did, there existed a new sense of confidence in Rei. Almost like she was born to adapt to these types of situations, meant to adapt and overcome the nature of this obstacle like he was. They were changing and he didn't know if it were for the better, yet all the same he wasn't going to let their progress ground to a halt. "Yeah, guess we'll have t' see." He added with a contemplative smile as he thought more about it, push comes to shove then Patrick could probably resort to money... or bribery. But how? He didn't have much anyway to consider himself influential in terms of wealth. He'd have to figure something out, something that could work in his favor much like Rei... her idea of sexual charm didn't sound too far off.

When he told her the story of how Dom was there to get Patrick out of trouble, Rei seemed more than just entertained by the story in general. She actually appeared to enjoy it quite well, seeing her laugh and reciprocate it with her own jokes, it made him laugh as well as he shrugged in return. "She wasn't that young now! And you're not too far off 'bout her father walkin' in, you can't even imagine the awkward position I had her in when he found out." He winked back to her with a hearty smile now that she'd seated herself on the hammock with him, his eyebrows raised when he watched her take a better chug. He chuckled a little bit as he leaned over to grab the bottle from her, before she did any worse damage on her behalf. Lightweights. Nobody could ever hope to out drink a Rharnian, something Patrick would always be rather proud of.

She'd suggested telling a story about how she had met a familiar, something that brought him to a pause before he took a drink. What did she say? Sev'ryn bond stories? He never heard of such a thing, only that the race in general worshiped nature and animals of some sort. Patrick never really understood that kind of culture, to him it was just another form of magic he didn't want to know. But he didn't bother thinking to himself how that tied in with Rei, at least not at the moment anyways. Instead he'd noticed how close she'd started to lean in, her eyes suddenly full of longing unlike before. Was she... fawning for him now? The bottle was lowered as she whispered his name, his heart suddenly jumped into a faster pace, which forced him to take deep heavy breaths. She was closer now. So much closer and he could feel her breath on his lips, the placement of a tender kiss brought them even closer as he gasped from the moment. She'd kissed him.

Literally kissed him as though he belonged to her instead of... No she's drunk so it doesn't count! Even so he still couldn't pull away, and as he felt her fingers trace and tug over his shirt, he let the bottle go as it bounced onto the floor beneath them. He felt the edge of his shirt tugged upwards and he went with it, allowed the cottony fabric to fall in place with the bottle as his body became exposed. He could feel her fingers on him once more, they traced over his chest and face, through his thick locks and down around his neck. He wanted something like this to happen, he'd waited for it for so long and now... He placed a tender kiss on the underline of her chin, a soft moist kiss that reciprocated the sudden feel of longing she'd shown.
word count: 766
"Freedom is everything."

Rei
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Patrick responded just as she suspected he would. He had leaned back on the hammock with her and allowed her to tug at his shirt until it slipped over his head. She was very careful to mind the sleeve and the placement of his brace. The last thing she wanted to do was cause him more pain. The bottle rolled onto the floor and surprisingly was low enough to keep from spilling out as it bumped up against the cabin wall. She ignored it as she felt the press of his warm lips against her throat.

Her fingers ghosted across his bare flesh, aware that this was not Wendell beneath her but for the moment not caring. Rei’s feelings for Patrick were different. They were there and a good majority of them were friendship based, though there a tiny part of her mind that argued that he was the nicer person, the type that wanted to see her in a white dress and holding his child in her arms. Her mind raced with these thoughts, though she tried to quiet them as she pressed her lips against his again, her hips bringing her body to rest in his lap.

Rei’s lips moved to caress the skin of his bare chest, warming up the chilled flesh as they touched him. The image of Wendell was burning in her mind as a pang of guilt twisted sharply in her gut. She groaned against his skin, shaking her head in frustration as if it would purge the image from her mind. Her affections came to a stop as her leg slid off the hammock and she caught her foot on the floor. She pulled herself up and slunk off to the opposite wall of the cabin, sliding gently down until she was sitting with her knees pulled against her chest.

Across from her was the ethereal image of the white wolf with blue eyes. Those blue eyes were burning, her ears pressed back and her head lowered as she sat on her haunches. It was the part of her soul that called to the wolf within Wendell. Rei let out an exasperated sigh and reached over for the discarded bottle, taking a large gulp before sitting it starkly in the middle of them on the floor. I’m such a terrible person. The thought echoed in her mind as she thumped the side of her head against the wall, silent tears welling within her eyes and slowly dripping over onto her cheeks.

“I’m sorry,” she forced it out. It wasn’t that it was not genuine. It was that she had a hard time speaking. Her voice quivered. “I just… I love him. I can’t do that to him. Even if he is an entertainer. Even if he doesn’t love me.” She silently wondered if Wendell would ever love her. It didn’t seem like this type of emotion. He liked her, that much was obvious, but love was so much different. Would he ever? Could they ever be what she and Patrick could easily be now?
word count: 519
Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Immortals be damned if this was real! He never thought Rei could actually, but somehow she did, feel like this towards Patrick at all. How long did he wish for this? How long did he dream that maybe, just maybe, she could one day find herself able to feel more than just friendship. Part of him denied that it was real, argued with the fact she was drunk. He didn't care though, why should he when he finally got his wish, when he finally had Rei right where he always wanted her.

The nights bunking together, the times spent looking out for one another, and yes even the days spent having fun in Rharne. That meant something to Patrick, and he couldn't just bury all his feelings away when he knew, that somewhere deep down Rei had to feel the same. He felt the brush of their lips once more as he caressed her face, his stomach all of a sudden in twisted knots as he realized what was happening. This is for real. Rei actually kissed him and... she cared for him more than she let on. Maybe it was just the alcohol making it difficult on her, or maybe she was lonely and just missed Wendell. There were so many reasons, so many variables that he took into account. Yet even so none of them seemed to make the difference because... he didn't care. He felt alive! So much alive!

Rei seemed to pull back with a couple shakes of her head however, and when he opened his eyes to see what troubled her, the vividly warm smile which overtook his expression suddenly dwindled. Her face. She was in pain, emotionally harsh pain. He froze in place as he saw her get up and move over to the wall, her form fell in a slump with her knees sheltering her head. He couldn't move. He was petrified because of what she had done, and he knew just the reason why she did it. Wendell. Patrick knew it was too good to be true, to twisted to be a wonderful reality. She felt something for him for sure, there was no denying that now... but she'd picked Wendell before and now; she'd done it again. He wet his lips with his tongue for a moment as he hung his head, disappointment and hurt in his chest as he couldn't believe what just happened.

It was really Wendell. It had to be Wendell. She would always choose Wendell... and he was the dumb ass to think he ever stood a chance against that man. He felt a little bit of rage but more so envious of Wendell at this point, and thought to himself what he'd have to do to be more like Wendell. What did Pat have to do? What did he have to do.

Patrick was silent now as Rei sobbed all by her lonesome, his eyes remained forward as he just sat there. Quiet as the dead. For all he knew he might as well be, seeing as how he wasn't the one Rei picked once again. Her words hit him harder than the stop of her kiss from before, heavy breaths exhaled through his nostrils as he fought hard to choke down the lump in his throat. The room blurred for a moment as he felt his eyes sting, their glassy form produced tears in the quiet of the room. 'Even if he doesn't love me' she said. There were no words from Patrick as he drew one foot back onto the cold floor, a lean allowed him to scoop up the bottle and his shirt as he put the other foot down. He moved on towards the door and opened it with a elongated sigh, both his heart and stomach were heavier than any anchor used for this ship.

He thought to look back to her. He just stood there at the door with no idea what to do, conflicted as to whether or not he should face her or... or...

He took a swig out of the bottled rum in his hand, and went outside for some crisp air.
word count: 705
"Freedom is everything."

Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Riding the Tide

Come and get your Loot!

(There's plenty more where that came from)

PATRICK:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

These points can NOT be used for magic.

Knowledges:

• Brewing: Both Coconut and Cinnamon Are Used in Rum
  • Cooking: Fish Every Trial Gets Old Fast
  • NPC: Torn: Decent Enough, for a Mercenary
  • Psychology: Feeling Useless With Your Broken Wrist
  • Psychology: Trying Not to Hate Wendell Over Rei's Feelings
  • Rei: A Calming Influence After Night Terrors
  • Rei: Cares About You, But...
  • Rei: Gaining Confidence in Herself
  • Rei: It Will Always be Wendell
  • Seafaring: Being at Sea Means Smelling "At Sea"
  • Seafaring: Hammocks Will Grow on You
  • Seafaring: No Fires Aboard a Wooden Ship
  • Seduction: You Lack a Woman's Touch
  • Sociology: Injuries are Good Subject Matter
  • Sociology: Rum Will Open up a Conversation
  • Sociology: When There's Nothing to Say, Walk Away
  • Socializing: A Friendly Chat With Rum Can Become a Lot More
  • Socializing: Friendly Insults
  • Socializing: Trying to Befriend Mercs at Sea is Tough
  • Story Telling: Seeing a Noble's Daughter "Safely Home"

Loot, Loss, Injuries, Fame, Devotion:

Nothing to speak of.

Comments:

PM me with any comments or concerns :)

REI:
Rewards:

• Story: +5
  • Collaboration: +5
  • Structure: +5

These points can NOT be used for magic.

Knowledges:

• Brewing: Both Coconut and Cinnamon Are Used in Rum
  • Cooking: Fish Every Trial Gets Old Fast
  • NPC: Lan: Decent Enough, For a Mercenary
  • NPC: Pim: Closed-Mouthed Mercenary
  • Negotiation: Money Preferable to Sex for Hiring Mercenaries
  • Psychology: Feelings of Robbing Mother's Chance to Have More Kids
  • Psychology: You Can't let Yourself Love Patrick
  • Resistance: First Time Drinking Rum Will Hit You Hard
  • Seafaring: Being at Sea Means Smelling "At Sea"
  • Seafaring: No Fires Aboard a Wooden Ship
  • Seduction: Food is a Good Prelude to Flirting
  • Socializing: Don't Try to Keep Pace Drinking With a Rharnian
  • Socializing: Enjoying a Friend's Embarrassing Story
  • Socializing: A Friendly Chat With Rum Can Become a Lot More
  • Socializing: Friendly Insults
  • Socializing: Trying to Befriend Mercs at Sea is Tough
  • Stealth: Liberating Someone's Bottle of Spiced Rum
  • Story Telling: Barbs About Man-on-Man Intimacy at Sea
  • Unarmed Combat: Also Use Legs to Power a Punch

Loot, Loss, Injuries, Fame, Devotion:

Nothing to speak of, you already drank the rum. ;)

Comments:

Convincingly Chummy, Lonely and Heartbreaking.
Very Well Done, You Guys.
PM me with any comments or concerns :)
word count: 396
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Orm'del Sea”