Floating among memories.

7th of Vhalar 716

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

In answer to his first Question Symbri bumper her chin on the top of his head to remind him who was in charge.

"It makes you the steed of the scariest monster, duh!"

Letting him Jog at a leisurely pace Symbri was content to view the world as it passed by, it felt surreal, as if time was both horribly fast, and yet, not moving at all, it was a unique sort of moment that Symbri momentarily wished could last forever, when her brother spoke of what it meant to grow up Symbri listened intently trying to see if his ideas on reality mirrored hers, and though they did not she kind of liked his thoughts on the subject, it wasn't exactly what she'd thought but in some ways it just made sense, growing up was merely an inevitable matter of time, something that couldn't be fought or ignored, but it was something you could at least sort of control, like how you grew up, and that alone was something worth thinking on. Symbri wanted to grow up to be good at taking care of people keeping them safe, if that was something she could choose, it seemed like life liked to choos for her rather often but she hoped she could try and fight fate and become whatever she wanted.

"No reason really, I just don't think I'm ready to become an adult yet, you know, it seems like Adults have all forgotten how to have fun, they walk around with sad faces and shoulders weighed down by grown up stuff, I don't really get it, but I wanna be happy for forever, like i'm happy here with you. So if growing up makes that change, I'll be sad."

When her brother spoke of something being in the water Symbri peered into where he was looking, but all she saw was a murky reflection of herself in the water and nothing more, maybe he had better eyes, or maybe he was imagining it, either way she didn't see a girl in the water other than herself.

"I don't see anything bro, you sure you see someone? All that lives in this lake is fish and frogs. At least that's all I've ever seen"
word count: 386
Kylar
Race: Immortal
Profession: Mercenary/Skyrider
Renown: 27
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Kylar had been called many things - a steed wasn't one of them until today. "Well, if I'm a steed then you won't mind if I buck right?" he said, smiling evilly. He jolted up, throwing her slightly in the air and then catching her on his back. He started to chuckle, enjoying the moment. After all, there was only so much time until she stopped trusting him enough to get on his shoulders - he had to treasure this while he could.
"Growing up isn't that bad you know? It's true, most adults lose fun - but be the different one. Isn't that what life is about? Having fun and loving every second of it?" he asked her. How ironic he was asking that. Him, of all people, one of the most stressful and serious adults this world had. That thought made him emotional. Small tears dropped from his face, but he ignored it in the hope Sym didn't notice. After all, he was happy he was with her, he just hated that everything she seemed to fear becoming was everything that he was. Negative, afraid of everything, and 'not fun'. Part of him wanted to apologize to her, but he didn't really know why. Sorry for being the way he was? That wasn't something he could really say. Eventually he decided to stay silent.

Kylar looked down at the girl in the lake. She looked a little like Symbri, a lot actually. It was Symbri. But, older? Kylar realized what he had to do. "Hey, Sym, can I tell you something?" he asked, lowering the girl down and going nose to nose with her. He kissed her forehead and smiled sincerely. "I love you, sis. A lot. Thank you for always promising to protect me, and for letting me promise to stay with you. But I want you to do something for me. I need you to wait here, ok? Please, trust me" he said. He then kissed her again on the forehead and pulled her in to a hug. Why did this feel like goodbye? He started to shake and cry, not wanting to let go.

Eventually, he let go of her. If she tried to stop him, he would break free of her grip if possible. If not, he would stand with her and hold her close. Either way, though, he would run and dive into the lake - swimming straight for the girl in front of him. As he got closer, he stretched out his hand to her.
word count: 435
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Gripping onto him when he bucked she let him have his antics, it was very much him to put up slight resistance, Though she wouldn't have it any other way, it meant her little brother had some spine in him, though she hoped he'd continue to let her have her way, it'd be depressing if he quit playing with her.

"I think you're right, even if you don't make the most loyal steed, Yeah, I'm gonna be the best adult ever, cause I'm not gonna change at all, I'm gonna be me forever, I mean, You like me the way I am right?"

Whne he finaly stopped on the lakeshore and put her down Symbri frowned he looked strained like he was faced with some sort of choice that he didn't want to make. When he leveled with her and Kissed foreheadshe wanted to cry to, it didn't feel like she was gonna like whatever he had to say with such an intense face. When words finaly came from his mouth she crinkled her brow andglared at him trying not to let her own tears fall, it dounded too terribly much like a goodbye to her. But she was strong right? And if she she trusted him then she'd just have to beleive that he was going to return for her, she could wait.. proabably. Hugging him back tightly Symbri whipsered her blessing to him before letting him go.

"You better come back to me ok."

Then he was gone, into the lake he dove, into clear water that only reflected back at her like a shined mirror, just her someber expression staring back at her, her brother lost to the depths of the mysterious lake. Maybe she should go afer him?

Putting a hand in the water Symbri froze, her had could not penetrate the water that her brother had just dove into, the very surface rejected her. Slamming a Small fist onto the refletive Surface symbri beat on the lake unable to penetrate the surface of the water. Her tears striking ripples on the water where her fists were onyl reflected. Her sorrowwful visage looked back at her as she tried to batter her way through to no Avail.

"DON"T LEAVE ME! I LIED I DON"T WANT YOU TO LEAVE, COME BACK BOTHER, I DON'T WANNA BE ALONE ANYMORE"

Slamming her fist into the glassy surface hairline fractures appeared on the surfac as she tried to break through.

Beneath the water however there was a different story, the boy would swim to the girl who drifted at the heart of the lake, when her lost brother approached her, she'd awaken and smile at him familiarly, if not sadly, a face that was weghted by some of the realities of the the world.

Welcoming him with open arms she'd welcome his presence before looking up longingly at the girl on the surface trying to batter her way throug the surface.

"She misses you you know"
word count: 512
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

"I'll come back. No matter what it costs me, I will come back to you as soon as possible. I promise you" he said to her, before jumping in. He didn't want to go, in truth, but he had to. If this girl was an older Symbri, perhaps he needed to save her? Besides, he could save both right? Jump in to the lake, pull this girl out, and then go back to younger Sym. He could make them both happy and be happy with both of them and it'd be amazing. But...if this Sym was older, does that mean if he chooses her he would have left the younger Sym? Was this a choice?
Kylar eventually arrived at the girl, embracing her in his arms. Then he looked up to young Symbri, struggling and crying, trying to break through an invisible barrier that stopped her entering the lake. Watching her cry broke his heart. But it suddenly all made sense. "This is the part where I leave her behind, isn't it? Then when you grow up, this is what happens? I leave you for all these years and then jump to your aid when it's too late?" he asked, tearing up. He pulled her tight. "I don't want to leave her, but I have to. And if you're here...then I left you too. I'm so sorry sis, I'm so damn sorry" he sobbed into her shoulder. He hated it. He wanted to save them both. He wanted to be her hero and he couldn't be and he hated it. He hated having to choose between his young, innocent sister or the sister who had been waiting for years anyway.
"Firstly, please forgive me for leaving you. I promised you I would come back, and I won't leave now...even if it means leaving her for a while" he said, looking up to the young Sym. It wasn't fair to keep this girl waiting any longer. "But is there any chance to save both of you? Is there a right choice here?"
Kylar then pulled her in to one big hug. "No matter what happens, I'm never leaving you again Symbri. I will never ever leave you again."
word count: 390
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Symbri, or at least the true Symbri embraced her brother and found his words reassuring, it felt as if She'd been waiting an eternity to see him again, and yet it hadn't been all that long had it? Shrugging off the feeling Symbri decided it was best not to think too hard on how long it had been, at the end of the day they were reunited and that was what was important.

Separating from Him Symbri looked away.

"You haven't Changed a bit you know that. Haha, and here i was the one Saying I didn't wanna change."

Swimming forward in the dappled light of the underwater world Symbri returned his favor by Kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair.

"I never blamed you yo know, so I Don't need to forgive you. The words a scary place alone, and that little girl up there, she'd have to have changed, no matter what. But I think, I think that I'm still me Ya know, We didn't get to grow up together, but that's ok, because now, we have so many dreams and memories to share with each other. So, this time Let me make the promises ok. It's my turn to find you and protect you, Not that you'll be terribly hard to ever find with a smell like yours."

Sticking her tongue out at Kylar Symbri pinched his nose. Grinning at him Symbri Shook her head.

"You've gotten big, but you will always be my little crybaby it seems, Not that I want that to change either."

Taking his hand She pulled him to the Surface slowly Swimming toward a bright Horizon. She could feel that their time was short, or, something like that, it felt as if they'd son be separate again. But if he didn't realize it, then it was all the better, she didn't wanna see him cry anymore.

"So, what game do you wanna play next? I mean, I'll win no matter what you pick."
word count: 347
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Kylar smiled through his tears. "I haven't changed? I find that hard to believe. This world, as I discovered the hard way, is a rather unpleasant place" he admitted. As she kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair he started chuckling. As she spoke, he took in every word she had to say. "I'm glad you don't think you have to forgive me, but I will make this up to you. I won't ever leave you again, and I will show you everything I can. I'm a skyrider now, you know? I could let you meet the animals. I have a pet lion too, Hunter. He's beautiful. Crimson...she's my wife. She'll love to meet you. There's so much we can do together. I just hope it's enough to make it up to you, Sym."
As she pinched his nose, he smiled and pulled a face - accepting that he would always be the little one, even if he was taller. "It's rare I cry, you're one of the few people that bring that out of me he said laughing. He then took her hand and swum towards the surface, thinking of a game they could play. "How about we play the flying Symbri game? You loved that one before" he smiled evilly at her. In truth, he was just grateful she was here again. Grateful he was forgiven after everything he'd done wrong. Grateful that he had met her, and loved her, and had the chance to make it right after everything he had done wrong. There was regret, but perhaps he could make that fade. Before they reached the surface, Kylar paused and held her in place for a second. Something felt wrong, again. Was this goodbye? No. Maybe temporarily, but this wasn't 'goodbye' - this was 'see you soon'. He pulled her in to a hug, holding her close against him one last time. "When I resurface, I know I won't see you for a while. But you know what? I won't cry, and I won't get hurt and I won't give up hope. Because very soon, we will find eachother again. You have my word."
One last time, he kissed her forehead. "See you soon, Symbri" he said to her, before swimming up with her in his arms - the light enveloping him.
word count: 409
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Floating among memories.

Symbri

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 3/ 5
Knowledge:

Licking someone else's bloody finger, even in a dream, is disgusting...
Kylar: Had a dream about him.
Playing games is fun.
Kylar: Ages very quickly!
Kylar: In your dreams, was your younger brother
Kylar: Quite an emotional sort
Philosophy: Growing up takes time
Kylar

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Someone else licking your bloody finger, even in a dream, is disgusting...
Symbri: Had a dream about her.
Playing games is fun.
Symbri: Watch out, she bites!
Symbri: in your dream, she was your sister
Symbri: More lonely than she seems, you didn't want to leave her
Philosophy: Growing up takes time

Overview:

General comments. What a fun thread! I loved the story you two wove and the way you wrote together was great fun! You certainly played off each other as characters very well. A lovely dream about the sadness of leaving behind childhood. Nice work!
Story Great fun, lots of weird dream stuff and a lovely tale told. Well done, both of you, this was a pleasure to review for story!
Structure
Symbri ~ I have deducted 2 structure points because of the large number of errors in punctuation and grammar. I really don't like deducting points ~ and I've given you this feedback before ~ please proof read and edit your writing, then your posts will flow much better!
Examples include:
" the girl turned to see the commotion, a boy, Grinning" ~ either it's an incorrect punctuation or capital letter.
"earned to fall down,
even if her family had told " ~ random line space in the middle of a sentence.
"wound, Symbri had never been one to fuss ofer material" ~ should be a full stop before Symbri and typo on 'over'

What you've written in this thread is interesting and a really nicely composed story ~ when your work is free of these errors, it's lovely.

Kylar No problems.

Please do PM me if you think I've missed anything or you have any questions!
word count: 353
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Will be very intermittent / possibly MIA as Peg until RL learns to behave itself. Please direct queries for Scalv / Viden to Avalon and any site stuff to Basilisk. Thanks!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”