Floating among memories.

7th of Vhalar 716

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Symbri
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Monk
Renown: 34
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

7th of Vhalar 716th arc
Thus
did she
Sleep, alone
Floating at the heart.
A lone girl in the lake, calm
and serene was the scene where
She floated, aloof from the world, she
Waited. What she waited for? Even she
Was unsure of, after all, it is so hard to know,
What the heart wants, what the heart desires
It is so much easier to float in the water
Dreams should be peaceful right? Was
It ok to deny the realities of life?
Was it okay to deny
Reality?
The dream was a peaceful one, or at least it felt like one, in the forests near where she had grown up Symbri felt safe, in the outside world chaos, and darkness were taking hold of the land shadowy monsters had laid claim to the hearts of the mortals of the world and in defiance her mind had created a haven, so that in sleep she could forget for a little while. She floated at the heart of the lake, it was neither deep nor dark, clear water filtered dappled green sunlight that snuck through the leafy canopy. For the first time in a while she felt secure and right, she belonged in the forest, not in the city where each day forces you to see hundreds of faces without knowing a single one. It was lonely, she'd grown up in a place where everyone knew everyone, and the city had worn her psyche. Finally pushed to a breaking point she'd retreated far into herself. In sleep she'd found a haven, she hid in a memory.

Outside the lake, sitting on the shore Was again Symbri, though this girl was much younger, the Symbri she had been, but no longer was, aged eleven cycles the girl sat skipping stones across the surface of the lake unaware of her older self hiding beneath the crystal surface. It was a good memory, she remembered when her older brothers had demonstrated their abilities to skip stones dozens of times across the surface of the lake, but all she'd been able to do was throw rocks that splashed. So she'd snuck out by herself one dy to practice, so that next time she was at the lake with her siblings she too could show off. Of course the first of many stones she'd thrown had hardly skipped at all, instead they collided with the water making loud splashes before sinking.

The girl on the shore would stomp and huff each time a stone failed to skip as it should, and when she got even one stuttering skip on water she'd pump her arm victoriously. It was a simpler time, fear and loneliness were concepts that had yet to mature, she was still young and felt immortal, a time when death wasn't something that could happen, it only happend to old people and bad people. What mattered was what was for dessert, what her father would bring her from market and showing up her cocky older siblings.

Symbri tried to remember what it felt like to be that age, to be innocent once more, even if it was only for a moment, the feelings of safety that came with ignorance. Symbri tried to again learn to be ignorant and find the bliss that came with it.
Last edited by Symbri on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 559
Kylar
Race: Immortal
Profession: Mercenary/Skyrider
Renown: 27
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Kylar sprinted as fast as he could, chasing after that deer. That damned deer he had been so close to getting by surprise, and now it was a chase due to his own incompetence. Twelve arcs old and he still couldn't sneak attack a deer, some hunter. He leaped over a small log, the creature a few meters to his left. But he couldn't afford to veer, or the trees would shred him to pieces. He drew his old, dulled dagger. It was bad, but it was a hand-me-down, so he couldn't expect much more. After all, he wasn't a hunter yet, just training to be one. But he knew he would be soon, one day.
The deer started getting faster and faster, gradually getting away from him. He increased in speed, he couldn't let it get away. "Kylar!" a familiar voice cried out, a panicked female voice. He looked ahead and saw a tree directly in front of him. Within seconds, he impacted it - or so he thought. Light flooded his eyes as the trees that were once shrouding the area disappeared and he rolled out of the brush. He landed face first, sliding a little on impact. Shortly after, his dagger slid slowly next to his face. The blade was snapped in two, completely ruined. Kylar reached his hand out to grab it, wrapping his fingers around it before letting go and yelping. A small drop of blood trickled down, followed by a tear down his face as he dropped his hands with disappointment.
In the distance, by a lake, was a young girl. Around his age, maybe. Kylar looked to her, then started to stand up. As he got to his knees, he stopped and stared. Did he approach her? "Excuse..me?" he said quietly. He cleared his throat to build confidence. "Uh, excuse me!" he shouted, then looked down a little shy at his finger, which was now bleeding heavily.
word count: 331
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Looking up from the rippling lake the girl turned to see the commotion, a boy, Grinning the girl waved at him with her free hand, she didn't know that other children lived around here, but she was just happy to see someone her age that wasn't one of her Siblings.

"Hiiiiii! Where'd you come from?"

Trotting up to the boy Symbri grinned he looked a bit of a mess, but then again boys tended to play rough and such were the fruits of such toils. Grinning at him Symbri's smile only dropped by a small fraction when she saw the boy's bloodied hand, he must've fallen, but she'd been around enough cuts and scraps like that in her life that the site of blood no longer bothered her. Wiping away one of his tears Symbri wondered if she was older than him she'd always wanted a little brother, and seeing a boy cry certainly didn't make him look old.

"Come with me ok? My mama taught me all about how to fix up scrapes"

Pulling him to the lake Symbri would gently put his hand in the water wiping away the blood before plopping his wounded finger in her mouth, licking one's wounds made them heal faster, Symbri had been licking cuts and scrapes since she'd learned to fall down,
even if her family had told her it was the mark of an animal not a person. Meanwhile she removed the ribbon holding her hair in a ponytail letting it fall over her shoulders before pulling the finger out of her mouth inspecting the now clean looking appendage and wrapping the ribbon around it. The once white ribbon gained a red stain but seemed to hold and would protect the wound, Symbri had never been one to fuss ofer material possessions and seeing the ribbon serve a functional purpose rather than an aesthetic one was fine by her, though she knew her mother would hound her about it later.

"there all better! Hey, what's your name by the way, Mine is Symbri"

Standing up Symbri thumped her chest proudly as she introduced herself.

"You wanna be my little brother? I can teach you how to skip stones!"
word count: 379
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Kylar looked up as the girl came over. "I...I was hunting something...did you see a deer?" he asked, looking around for any sign. Nothing. He drooped his head, disappointed.
Symbri pulled him to the lake, making him stand and walk with her. "Uh, I don't want to get you bloody at all..." he said quietly. Then she started washing the wound. He winced a little. "Ow" he exclaimed, trying to pull back his hand with no attempt. She then put his finger in her mouth and he looked taken back. "Wha...what are you doing!?" he said in a shocked tone, as if he had just seen the worst thing of his life. What was she doing? Kylar had seen wounds healed, but they never licked them. The Lotharro always used bandages to patch them up. But she then removed her ribbon and turned it into a makeshift bandage, which made more sense. Maybe he wasn't the only animalistic one though, and that was why she licked it?
As the blood soaked into the ribbon, Kylar looked down guiltily. "I'm sorry for ruining your pretty ribbon" he said. He looked up to the girl as she spoke, entranced. Eventually he snapped out of it to answer her question. "I'm...Kylar" he said nervously. Why was this girl so kind? In fact, why was he staying? Mother and Father would be angry if he didn't come back soon. But this girl was so kind and friendly, and Kylar felt happy here. Why would he even want to leave? The deer got away, and he made a new friend. Well, not even a friend. A sister, it would seem. Kylar, despite all he had to cry about, smiled.
"Can I really be your brother?" he asked, slowly aging to 15. "Can I stay here a while?". His features became more defined and his hair grew a bit longer. He had another dagger now, one of his own. He took the girl's hand excited. "Come on, let's go Symbri - I mean, uh, big sis!"
word count: 350
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

It was perhaps odd, though it didn't feel odd, it seemed like the boy before her went from being smaller than her to taller, growing up perhaps, but, in it's own way it wasn't too terribly bothersome, he might be bigger, but Symbri had already decided that he was the little brother and no amount of size could change that.

Even when he smiled the boy seemed a bit disappointed if not sad, though. his question bellied some less than super happy emotions, perhaps he was an only child or something of the like, or maybe he'd been raised differently it was hard to tell, though he reacted a bit surprised he didn't resist particularly hard.

Grinning at him Symbri shook her head taking a moment to furrow her brow when she had to look up at him instead of down. That said he was still childish, if less so, and he did call her big sis, so she didn't mind playing with him no matter how big he got. Standing on her tiptoes Symbri ruffled the boy's hair playfully, like what all of her brothers and father did to her, it was rather nice to do it herself, there was certainly something endearing about it.

"Don't worry about it, just a plain ol' ribbon, and yeah dummy, you can be my brother cause I said so, I'll beat up anybody who tries to say otherwise"

Showing off a small balled Fist Symbri grinned at her brother striking a pose that said don't mess with me unless you wanna bloodied nose. Relaxing her pose she then nodded at Kylar.

"So whaddya wanna do I was trying to skip stones but if you've got a better Idea I bet there isn't a single game i can't win, I'm pretty much the best at games you know!"

Thumping her chest cockily Symbri smiled mischievously, it was more a matter of being the best at cheating at games but that part didn't need to get told. Taking her brothers hand Symbri allowed him to lead on as was his want.
word count: 362
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

As he spoke, his voice was more matured and lower. "Thank you, Symbri" he said as she spoke of the ribbon. To him, that ribbon was now ruined, all because of him. He felt guilt, that something so simple and beautiful was taken just for him. But for her, it was worth it. After all, he was a younger brother to her now, right? Why would a ribbon mean more than that. Playfully, Kylar ruffled her hair. "Alright tiger, no need to get violent" he chuckled. When he looked up to this girl, he saw an older sister. It was a happy feeling, looking at someone like that. It was far from one he was familiar with, but he loved it. A part of him hated that it was this long he had waited to finally feel something like this. Crimson was different, of course. But, where was Crimson, for that fact? He snapped out of his thoughts and remembered Symbri talking to him.

"Well, uh...I don't play many games. I do hunting. But I think I know a game you might like!" he said excitedly. He stood up and took her hand too. "Ever heard of a game called...the flying Symbri?" he shouted and wrapped his arms around her waist. He lifted her up over his shoulder and started spinning in circles. "Hold on tight!" Kylar said to her. After spinning a short while, he dropped to his knees, panting and breathing heavily. As he lowered her down in front of him, he started to age again. This time, two daggers appeared on him - one up his sleeve and one in a sheath. His hair lengthened. He reached the age of 19. With it, came a new and stronger physique. He'd clearly trained, and his posture showed it. He was sharp and determined, showing little emotion. His training had hardened more than just his body, but his mentality as well. All that was on his mind for the most part was the hunt, the constant danger around him, and the need to save people.

After he caught his breath again, he looked up to her with a faint smile. "So, tell me sis, what did you think of that game?"
word count: 375
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Being picked up and spun around, had Symbri known what he was planning she would have protested, but as it was the feeling of the wind and the slight dizziness and weightlessness that came with being spun around was too overwhelming for her to do anything but laugh blissfully.

When he finally sat down and crouched before her it was as he'd gotten older again, it was strange, it was almost a lonely feeling like she was being left behind.Frowning at him Symbri reached out and pinched his nose softly before revealing her teeth in a smile.

"Your games are pretty fun bro, I mean I'll always win them, but you know that."

Pausing for a moment Symbri decided as to what her next action would be, grinning when she came to a quick conclusion Symbri looped around her big younger brother and Jumped onto his back.

"Now my turn, let's go to the lake."

Hugging herself to her brothers back Symbri frowned, it really wasn't fair, how people got bigger and bigger, or not so much that they grew, but that they changed. Small tears appearing at her eyes leaked onto her brothers back As Symbri thought about him getting older and leaving forever, that wouldn't be any fun at all, in fact, it'd be horrifying. Hugging him tighter Symbri Buried her face into his neck.

"I hope you know, no matter how big you get, you're mine! little brother, forever and ever, you hear me? No matter what, I wanna hear you promise me If you don't I'll never forgive you, I'll beat you up until you promise you got me? You big muscly idiot, Say it! Say you'll be my little brother forever"

As if to emphasize her willingness to stay mad about it Symbri Bit semi hard down on his shoulder, not intending to stop until she heard what she wanted to hear.
word count: 329
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Kylar wrapped his arms tight around Symbri as she leaped on to his back. "If you think you'll always win, you keep telling yourself that" he said playfully, smiling slightly to himself. He started to walk to the lake as she had asked. But something was wrong, and he felt it. It started with the small wet droplet hitting his back, yet the skies remained clear and everything was still warm. Then she held on to him tighter. Was she crying? He stopped walking, wanting to say something, but he couldn't. Fortunately, she broke the silence before he had to. But it wasn't what he was expecting. This girl had met him minutes ago, yet this bond had grown so quickly - and now she refused to ever let him leave. Was she lonely? Had he arrived when she needed someone, by some coincidence. He tensed up at the thought.
When she sunk her teeth in, it took Kylar a second or two to react. "Symbri...why would I ever leave you?" he asked. "You're my sister, aren't you? Age won't change that, nothing will. You saved me, why would I want to leave you anyway?"

His body grew slightly, hair getting a little longer and muscles getting more defined. He became twenty two arcs old. Eventually, he said the exact words she wanted to hear. "I promise I won't leave you" he said, then ran his hand through her hair. He looked to the small bite mark on his shoulder, the outline of her teeth easy to see.
"You're a little monster, you know that?" he chuckled. Although they had just met, it wasn't just Symbri that had the attachment growing. She'd helped him, and watching her playful and energetic attitude made Kylar smile despite how harsh things seemed. Her eagerness to protect him, yet her threatening to beat him up if he left. It was adoration, if anything, and it was something Kylar loved. He had never seen adoration of this sort before. But despite how happy it was, it also made him sad. This girl, so happy and bouncy, seemed so fragile. The way she had cried for him, making him promise to stay and not go. A part of him wished he could just take that away from her.

Eventually, Kylar cleared his throat. "So, what do you wanna do at the river?" he asked, starting his walk again.
word count: 412
Symbri
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

Though he Acquiesced slightly, Symbri didn't pull her teeth out of him until she heard what she wanted to hear, he said she'd saved him, but she didn't know anything about that, she wasn't a hero or anything, but he did call her his sister which made her feel better, and finally he said what she'd wanted to hear, and ruffled her hair, it was comforting and relieving to hear, the fact that she'd have someone around no matter what, while her older siblings grew up and left the farm she wouldn't have to be alone because she had a little brother now for her to watch over and play with. She knew she'd be a great older sister, she could help with scrapes and bruises, she could learn to cook and she knew all sorts of games.

Laughing with him when he called her a little monster she stopped for a moment to tighten her grip around his neck flexing her meager supply of muscles for a moment.

"Little? I'm a big monster! Biggest there's ever been you know, Scariest too, so don't you forget it, no monster in the world brave enough to live in my closet, you got it?"

They walked for a little while in Silence But Symbri didn't mind so much, it was a comfortable silence attained by a certain level of closeness. Symbri had always trusted easy, but she felt this case was special, she hoped she could always remember these days. When he asked what it was she wanted at the river she frowned, she didn't know exactly but she knew it was important.

"Hrmm, I dunno, really, I mean, i know it's not a river, it's a lake, dummy, but beyond that i'm not to sure, I do think it was important though so just trust me and get moving lazy bones."

Letting him do all the footwork so to speak Symbri wondered what it meant to grow up, if it meant becoming someone else, then she didn't want to grow up ever, but if she didn't grow up she'd be left behind, so, did she want to become someone else, or did she want to get left behind, she didn't really like either choice.

"Hey Ky, whaddya think growin up means?"
word count: 400
Kylar
Character Sheet

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Floating among memories.

"Big monster, huh? What does that make me then, if you have to ride on my shoulders?" Kylar chuckled. "At least no monsters are stupid enough to go in your closet, I know I wouldn't want to be that monster."
For the first time in a while, the silence that surrounded him was comfortable. Her and Crimson were the only two people that seemed to be true for. Silence normally bothered Kylar beyond words. But he shared in the comfort of the silence around the two 'siblings'. Eventually the silence was broken, and in a way only his big sister would, she gave the most uncertain answer humanly possible. "Well, if it's important we should carry on there anyway!" he said playfully, then started jogging a little faster. He had to prove that he wasn't the lazy one here. In fact, why did he have to prove that to the one that was getting a piggyback? He smiled at that thought. His thoughts were normally serious, but again Symbri was an exception. Something about her, and the way she was, seemed right for Kylar. Like she changed all the negatives in his life just by being herself. It was interesting, to him.

When he arrived at the lake, he stopped and listened to her question. After a few moments to think, he finally answered. "Well, that's a pretty vague question. But when I think of growing up, I think of more time being spent. I think of getting closer to your goals. After all, every Trial we're growing up a bit right? So if we spent every Trial for seven Arcs training to skim stones, then we would eventually become really good - and that would mean we'd grown up. So I guess growing up is just time, and what you do with it is all up to you. Why do you ask?" he said curiously. It seemed a strange question, and from nowhere. Something had to be on her mind, surely?

Kylar then walked the two of them along the lake for a while. Eventually, he stopped. He could have sworn he saw something in there. He took a few steps back and looked in curiously. Was that... a woman? It was hard to see, but he was certain that a woman was in the lake. "Symbri, do you...see that?"
word count: 397
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”