Going Home

(Patrick)

0th of Cylus 0

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Rei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer and Gardener
Renown: 49
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Going Home

Luckily it didn’t take much more of a fuss than she’d already made to get Pat to agree that she could go along if she wanted to. Little did he know, he’d find out more once they were going. She wanted first crack at whoever this person was that decided abducting a perfectly good man off the streets was a good idea. And if worse came to worse and Wendell had willingly left, then he might also should worry for his safety. She would be none to happy to find out if he had decided on his own to skip town with some wench.

She was already making mental notes in her mind that she was never going to give that busty blonde waitress another nel in tips when Pat started to wave his arms around like a cornered man. Well, she thought, she could give the waitress a tip. Direct her to Sugar if she had any questions on what that tip might entail. The two could bond over how they had been assaulted by Rei. But perhaps given some time to cool down she would change her mind about the whole ordeal. After all, she was meant to fix people not injure them.

“No, I just will not be left behind like some helpless woman while you go gallivanting off to bring Wendell home. I have useful talents and I’m a capable woman. Ask the two men who got a groin to the knee thanks to me.” She seemed to puff up a little bit, as if she were insulted by the fact that she would be considered less than capable. “I better be. I’ll get my things packed and ready for as soon as we are able to find something out and leave. I’ll be damned if I’m going to leave him somewhere to rot.” Even if he totally plowed the waitress that night. The worry didn’t quite take the sting out of the realization.

With the shattered cup and spilt tea cleaned up, Patrick mentioned making a stew. Rei nodded and pulled her blanket snuggly about her form. “Stew sounds wonderful. I don’t have to cook it.” But she was just too frustrated and on fire to keep sitting there. With slow and careful movements, she eased up out of the chair, wearing the blanket like a cloak. She stepped into the kitchen and perused the items he had gotten out for it. “I thought about making some tea. Is there any tea that you like?” She smiled but the anger was still fresh in her gaze. She was so angry she was positive she could have snapped the head off something right now.
word count: 457
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Going Home

Her fury and rage held could very well have been matched with that of an Immortals as far as Patrick new, at this rate he was both allured and unnerved by how angry Rei came off as. Being a woman he shouldn't be surprised that her reaction was a little... over the top. But in all truths she definitely seemed to be one not to cross, and it just so happens that somebody had indeed crossed her in the wrongest of ways. She seemed ready for stew though and he wasn't going to let her stop him any longer, his return to the kitchen led him to pull out the essentials that he could use for their dinner. Stew was always easy and practically anything could go in, and when one knew how to make the right kind of broth; the possibilities were endless in regards to taste.

Potatoes, carrots, a couple of eggs, and from the looks of it poultry meat, all stored away for him to be used among a couple of seasonings. Salt and pepper were a must of course, but when he noticed parsley that too became a need. He noticed Rei had gotten out of her chair, something he didn't count on happening granted she seemed pretty comfy earlier. Maybe the news of Wendell riled her up, made her stir crazy and in need of... tea? She wanted tea again? The sound of her tone suggested she wanted to do more than make tea, a malicious intent found in her words as he slightly cringed. Did he want tea? What should he have told her? That he didn't like tea? That it was disgusting? Now he really wanted a drink, preferably bourbon or whiskey. He wanted to tell her to sit back down, to have him make the damned tea however it was supposed to be. He hadn't any clue honestly because he never made tea before, and granted he hated its bitterness he despised drinking it.

But Rei? Oh... Oh ho no! One thing he's learned after their earlier discussion, you were to not tell Rei no on whatever she wanted. While he and Wendell no doubt found her temper sexy, something about her attitude this time just plain said no. He still had to decide on tea.... shit. "Heh, I'll just drink whatever you provide!" He muttered with a forced grin, aware his mouth could get him a slap at this point. While she would work on making more tea he resumed the part of cooking, the fireplace prepped with wood as he started a fire with the tinderbox she had. Next he started with taking a cutting knife and chopped the carrots, potatoes, and last but not least chicken; and then placed them to the side for now. He moved on to the eggs as he placed a bowl on the counter before him, cracked each egg individually so the yoke would drop out upon removal, and them took a fork to whisk them with a bit of water mixed in.

Finally with a pot picked out he filled it halfway with water and then poured the bowl in, the pot hung over the fire to begin the boiling process. When he started to hear the water bubble after a few bits, he then transferred the other materials he'd cut into pieces into the pot, sprinkled a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then added the pinch of parsley he procured from the cabinet. Shortly after a while within the break supper was finally ready and with tea made as well, Patrick was able to set up dinner at Rei's table so the two would be able to eat. Sure enough they had a lot to think about in terms of Wendell and how to find him, but in all that time not much was actually said when they actually got to sit and eat. Patrick overall had to reassure her that he'd take her with him of course, but he'd honestly tried to act like today's dinner was normal. Not that it was easy of course given the circumstances; granted he had to literally force himself to drink tea, or else suffer Rei's wrath, the mood finally seem to let up a little as they started to enjoy their stew.
word count: 733
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Rei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Healer and Gardener
Renown: 49
Character Sheet
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Going Home

While Rei was generally a kind woman with a soft heart, when she got angry, she got angry. Her father used to tease her when she was angry, riling her up more. He would call her his ‘little bull’ in reference to her fury that he found quite cute. Of course it only made her angrier that he found it cute, though she never could stay mad with her father. What she wouldn’t give to have him here again to call her ‘little bull’. She would rather hear his voice than any other sound in the world.

The water boiled quickly and she got it out of the way of the pot of stew Patrick was mixing up. He was using her supply of vegetables and chicken. If it was anything like the stew at the Boar, it should at least turn out decent. “Well, I’d offer you wine or something but I don’t have any here.” Not that I would tell you if I did, she thought. The last thing she needed was a very inebriated Patrick trying to spill his guts to her. She didn’t mind listening as long as it wasn’t about her, but considering he had sent her anonymous flowers and had checked on her almost every day, she had a feeling it would be about her.

Taking the small pot carefully, she doled out the water equally into two cups she had set out with tealeaves sitting at the bottom. She had made herself black tea and thought she would try Patrick out on green. It wasn’t as bitter. After letting the leaves steep for a bit, she added some sugar into both cups- more into Patrick’s- and took them up and set them on the table where they would be eating. Steam wafted heavily from the cups. They were still piping hot.

It didn’t take long for the stew to cook, it was done within a break, and Pat was kind enough to ladle some out into bowls for them and set them on the table with spoons. An awkward silence fell like a blanket over the room while they were enjoying their meal. Rei was pleasantly surprised by how much she liked the stew. It really hit the spot for her. Finally she looked up at him and smiled softly, taking a sip of her black tea that had just cooled enough to be drinkable. “I’m sorry if I got angry it’s just… a lot to take in. I mean I was hostage and got stabbed and then I find out someone has possibly abducted the man I love… and then there’s the whole entertainer thing. I gave him my word, but it is going to require some getting used to.”

With a sigh she took the last few bites of soup and stood up with a wince, depositing her dirty bowl in the kitchen skin. She would worry about washing them later. Rei left the cup of tea half drunk on the table. “I think I need to lie down. You can stay as long as you like. I just need some rest.” Truthfully she was tired, only it more had to do with the fact that she needed some time alone to process all this new information. She planted a chaste kiss on his cheek. “Thank you for dinner. I really appreciate it.” With a fleeting smile, she moved to her bedroom, closing the door softly behind her.
word count: 588
Rumour
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Going Home

Name: Rei

Knowledge:
80th Vhalar 716 Attack: Attackers were from the Dust Quarter
Wendell: Missing since the 79th of Vhalar 716
Wendell: Works at The Harlot ’n’ Hound as an entertainer
Wendell: Kidnapped?
Patrick: Works at The Harlot ’n’ Hound as an entertainer
Rose: Owns The Harlot ’n’ Hound
Rose: Investigating Wendell’s disappearance
Philosophy: The value of capital punishment
Interrogation: Use proper vocal emphasis to be taken seriously
Intimidation: Demand, don’t ask
Intimidation: Use body language to convey your seriousness

Loot: Please deduct the broken teacup and the cost of the stew ingredients from your ledger.
Injuries: N/A
Fame: N/A

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
- - -
Name: Patrick

Knowledge:
80th Vhalar 716 Attack: Attackers were from the Dust Quarter
Vhalar 716: The city guard has increased security around the Dust Quarter
Wendell: Missing since the 79th of Vhalar 716
Wendell: Kidnapped?
Rei: You are in love with her
Rei: Stubborn
Rei: Hot-tempered
Rose Tanner: Investigating Wendell’s disappearance
Cooking: How to make a meat stew
Philosophy: The value of capital punishment

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Fame: +1 good deed for checking up on Rei

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5
- - -
Comments: Another great Patrick/Rei thread! I love the intrigue and the mystery that you introduce in your threads. The juxtaposition between the two characters was also fun to read: Rei with her hot temper and Patrick with his quiet alcoholism. I've really enjoyed seeing their relationship develop. It's also interesting to see their relationship with Wendell develop through side stories; what a fun, messy trio that group is!

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thanks!
word count: 300

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”