Fast Track Skills

0th of Cylus 0

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Ethelind
Race: Eídisi
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Fast Track Skills

When you utilize the fast track skill of your race, how many skil points do you add to it in your skills list on the character template? Is it +25 like your racial ability?
word count: 34
Mal
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Thief
Renown: -92
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fast Track Skills

Fast Track skills make it require only 100 experience points to achieve Legendary. Unlike Racial Bonus, FT does not give you additional Exp. With 25 points in a FT skill, you will have 25/100.

You need 251 Exp for any other skill. Be sure to look at the skills guide in the player guides forum. ^^
word count: 56
Ethelind

Fast Track Skills

Oh! I think I get it now. So for FT skills, it's out of one hundred, but for RB and regular skills it's out of 251? Oh! I also have another quick question. Do I place my skills in the knowledge section? I'm sorry, I will read up more on the difference, but a personal clarification would be beneficial.
word count: 62
Mal
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fast Track Skills

For the Fast Track (FT) experience, yep. You've got it.

You have two separate sections for skills and knowledge. A knowledge is 'Blades: Stick 'Em With the Pointy End' for example. You do need 5 knowledge related to a skill to put points in it beyond Novice (1-25), to start going into Competent. Expert needs 10, and Master 15. Some will split their knowledge up into multiple skills, but it may be prudent to dump them all into the skill you want to raise the fastest to give yourself a boost~
word count: 93
Golem
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Fast Track Skills

Hey :)

What you said is correct- fast track just means you can reach each level (competent, expert, master and legendary) faster than other skills.

Your skills can go in the same section, but I'd advise using something like seen here

The things you need to record for skills inlcude a skill list that tracks your level (/100), the skill points invested (/251 for regular skills, /100 for FT), and a list of each thread, the points earned and where they were spent (AKA a skill point ledger).

Knowledge is actual information, skill points are literally just numbers. Knowledge could be something like Medicine:Nightscarf is a Sleeping Agent

As always, send me or any staff a PM with any questions!
[/font]
word count: 122
Ethelind

Fast Track Skills

I absolutely will! I really appreciate the help, Golem, Mal. :D I do have one last question before I'm off to go finish up my character. For the skill ledger, do I write down the points I spend at my character creation?
word count: 42
Mal
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fast Track Skills

Yup, you can do it there, and many do!
word count: 9
Ethelind

Fast Track Skills

That sounds good! I'll go for it, thank you!
word count: 10
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”