A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

0th of Cylus 0

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

The man was amazing. Tei'serin watched in awe as he drew the bow, and fired arrow after arrow at the monster. She tried to pay close attention to how he put the arrow to the string, but she didn't think she would ever be able to mimic his movements even if she had a bow, too. What was even more impressive was how calm Ti'niva seemed to be the entire time he fought the wolf creature. Had Tei'serin been alone, she would have fled in fear. She wished that she had some of this man's courage.

Tei'serin was so absorbed in watching Ti'niva fight, that she was caught completely by surprise when he knocked her aside. She might have gotten upset had she not seen him jumping clear a moment later as the wolf creature charged them. By the time she had managed to get to her feet, Ti'niva was already firing another arrow. At her feet lay another bow, identical to the one that Ti'niva was using. Hesitantly, Tei'serin picked it up, and stared at it in wonder. Could she use it to help Ti'niva?

Tei'serin had her doubts, but she was determined to try, anyway. She placed the back end of the arrow against the string of the bow, and pulled back on it as she had seen Ti'niva do several times now. Then she pointed the arrow at the creature.

Moseke, please give me the strength to help defeat this creature. she prayed silently.

Somehow, defeating this monster felt important. It was more than simply stopping it from killing them, but Tei'serin didn't know what it meant, and there was no time to think about it now. She released her arrow. The arrow flew true, striking the wolf monster at the same time that Ti'niva's arrow did. The creature froze in its tracks, and howled in pain, rage, and dismay. It was a chilling sound that made Tei'serin shudder to hear it. Then the monster fell to the ground, and was still.

Tei'serin stared at the wolf creature in disbelief. She expected it to rise up and attack them once more at any moment, but it didn't. After a few bits, she turned to Ti'niva, and looked at him in awe and wonder.

"Did...did we really do it...?" she asked softly.

"Did we kill it?"
word count: 410
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

Ti'niva stood over the body of the wolf and prodded it with his foot pushing the beasts flesh to check if it was alive or not. It remained still and didn't make a sound as he nudged it repeatedly with his foot. "I think we did. Together we ended the life of this creature." Ti knelt beside the body of the creature and placed his hand on its still warm neck. He sighed as he recalled the sound of the pain and the final shriek that had left the creature's mouth. He couldn't help but feel bad for the creature even if it had been trying to kill them. He had taken its life yet he understood that it had a right to live too. "It is always a sad thing to kill an animal, even if it wants to do the same to you."

Ti closed his eyes briefly and murmured a short prayer to Moseke under his breathe. He wished for the creature to have a peaceful transition into reincarnation. He hoped it would find piece in its future and maybe lose the anger it had kept pent up inside. "Have you ever killed before? And good shot!" Ti said as he realised the girl had hit the creature with a deadly arrow of her own. "Have you used a bow before, if that was your fist time it is impressive." Ti said as he stood up straight and stretched his sore arms. The bow was strung much tighter than his own at home and it was weighted better and more evenly. The bow had felt almost perfect besides it being just a little too tight. He began to consider trying to buy himself a new bow soon. A bow much like this would suite him well in order to hunt and grow with his skill.

Ti'niva walked back from the body as he examined the bow in his hands and the one which the girl was holding. "Where did these come from? I would quite like one." he said as he ran his fingers over the smooth wooden curves. The leather handle felt comfortable and well shaped for his hands. The handle was almost perfect for him and he could not have requested a better bow from the girl to fight off the creature.

The bow had fired the arrow perfectly and truly the only mistakes were with his skill and not the bow. "That creature was strange. It had fierce eyes. Angry eyes. Eyes filled with hatred." Ti said as he recalled the small time the eyes of the creature and his own had locked together. In that moment Ti'niva had felt more scared than he had for a long while, that creature had no mercy in its eyes.

"Do you know what it is or why it was after you? Do you have any idea?" Ti couldn't think of what would cause a creature to go after the girl unless it wasn't truly what it had seemed to him. There could have been some much deeper underlying reason for the actions of this creature.
word count: 527
Tei'serin Nji'ryn
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Herbalist and Teacher
Renown: 328
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

"It is sad to kill an animal." Tei'serin agreed.

Tei'serin couldn't help but wonder if Moseke would be upset with them for doing so, even if this was a dream. But then again...that animal had felt like...him. Tei'serin wasn't completely certain that it had been an animal at all. But if it wasn't...that meant that Tei'serin had defied her guardian. Even in a dream, that would mean trouble for her once she woke up. He would find out somehow, and punish her for her defiance.

"No, I've never killed anything before. Nor have I used a bow. I've never even held one before now. I just...I was watching you shoot yours, and tried to do what you did." she said softly.

Leading by example was actually one of the methods she used when teaching. Showing someone how to do something, and having them do it afterwards while you watched was a very effective way of teaching if you were trying to teach someone a craft, or physical skill of some kind...like how to use a weapon.

"I'm a teacher, so I'm used to showing my students how to do something, and watching as they try to do it themselves. This time, you were the teacher, and I was trying to copy you."

When Ti'niva asked her about the bows, she pointed at the rock she had found the first bow and quiver of arrows on.

"I found yours over there. It just...appeared there. You know how when you want something badly enough in a dream, and it just appears? I think that's what happened. I was looking for a rock I could throw or something, and when I found one, it grew when I tried to pick it up. It was too heavy for me to lift, but that bow appeared instead. Since you said you were a hunter, I thought you might be able to use it better than I could. Mine appeared on the ground nearby."

The next question was far harder for her to answer.

"I think...I think that maybe it wasn't an animal. Not a real one, anyway." she said slowly, as she stared at the ground.

Several bits passed before she spoke again. How could she explain it? Did she even want to? The wolf creature had felt like her guardian when it was alive. That anger, rage, and hatred...that was him when she had done something to displease him...or when he was in a bad mood, and wanted to take it out on her. Tei'serin had heard rumors that there was some strange magic that allowed you to take the form of another. She didn't know if that was true or not, but she was pretty sure that Thorin didn't have that magic even if it was true. It was impossible for that creature to be her guardian...but it was true all the same. Sort of, anyway. The wolf creature was one part of Thorin. The secret side that he only showed to her. She was the only one worthless enough to deserve his fury.

"I think that creature is someone I know. When he gets angry, his rage is much like that wolf creature was; blind to anything beyond his anger, dangerous...seeking to hurt the source of his fury." she said softly.

"It was after me because...because that person gets angry at me a lot. I never seem to be able to please him no matter how hard I try." she reluctantly admitted after much hesitation, her voice little more than a whisper.

The world...shimmered. That was the only thing Tei'serin could think. It grew brighter, and clearer as if the sun itself was happy that the creature was no more. Then it faded away.
word count: 653
Ti'niva
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 98
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

Ti was quite upset at the thought that somebody would ever hurt this woman before him. The idea actually appalled him and he could not understand why someone would do such a thing to such a kind person. Ti wrestled with the idea briefly trying to understand it but he could not; it is a concept he never will grasp. He looked at the woman with kind and apologetic eyes, it was strange that he would feel so emotional it was not normal for him. He searched for the words to tell her what he believed and what he thought about her situation. But he was lacking the vocabulary in the common tongue.

He tried to formulate his sentence in Xanthean he searched for the right way to express his emotions about the situation. The sentence was more difficult than he had imagined to word he ran through different ideas yet none of them seemed right he couldn't understand where his lack of words was coming from and he found himself getting frustrated. The idea of anyone hurting others without just reasoning was wrong, he could barely really see any kind of just reasoning. Perhaps if they had attacked you first or you are a soldier fighting for your cause. It was not that Ti did not believe in fighting for defense but aggression towards another human without remorse was just unnecessary.

As he thought he realised the dream was beginning to fade the forest around his was shrinking the trees vanishing behind a white glow he looked towards the slowly fading girl and spoke his speech. "Sev aji kïnä. Èrè ies kawtu sọ ọsïsẹ kukuru tä didara ke’u, tä bọsẹyẹ ke’ua freedoms ar tä gwïwä ke’u ara tẹ latsi. Sev aji kïnä sev diuv takip ọnjẹ ke’u wov nẹv tïnïhängä alubosa. Daneth dav takip aladani amu bäbïsä ke’ua dabi ke’u jasi av wäjẹ tä pataki, tẹ diuv sweylu tīhï tashi ke’u. Murädï ipin Tei'serin Nji'ryn." He said as the last word left his lips the world faded out of existence and just like that it was gone, the girl, the wolf and the forest and he was again alone.

► Show Spoiler

word count: 531
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

A Rare Find (Ti'niva)

Tei'serin Nji'ryn

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Linguistics: Xanthean Word: Hello
Ti'Niva: You dreamed he came from Desnind
In dreams, your fears can take form.

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana
Ti'niva

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Tei'serin: A girl you dreamed about
Tei'serin: Seems sad
In dreams, your fears can take form.

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana

Overview:

General comments. A good exploration of the strength of fear and it's impact. It is very important that you are clear that characters who are dreaming in Emea do NOT realise that they are dreaming. PCs are not able to be lucid dream ~ please ensure that you adhere to this. I have not deducted any points for it this time, but in future threads it will result in you losing points, or being asked to re write the thread. Emea can not be used as a means of telepathic communication across distances, so when your characters awaken, the dream should be hazy and not a cause for you to know each other, considering how you were both lucid within it.
Story No issues with the story, save for the obvious one mentioned above. Within that, this was a sweet little story.
Structure No issues.

In your review request, you asked for bow knowledge, but Emea very rarely gives any kind of skill knowledge, especially not physical skills. If in doubt, please read the Emea posting guidelines in the Emea forum. Thanks!
Please do PM me if you think I've missed anything or you have any questions!
word count: 289
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Will be very intermittent / possibly MIA as Peg until RL learns to behave itself. Please direct queries for Scalv / Viden to Avalon and any site stuff to Basilisk. Thanks!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”