[Yludih] [Dreamwalking] [Dream threads]

Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. Please note Forum Rules displayed here.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Forum rules
Here you can ask questions relating to the Standing Trials roleplay to everyone in the community. All members are welcome to assist here. PLEASE NOTE: Q & A answers which are more than 2 years old / very specific, are best asked again. Standing Trials is a dynamic and changing world - these forums represent the best answer at the time.
Vahekoh
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

Miscellaneous

[Yludih] [Dreamwalking] [Dream threads]

If someone would answer a question or two about yludih, dreams, and dreamwalking, I would be grateful!

1. In the yludih lore it says,
yludih > general society and culture > education wrote:When the time seems right, a child is told they are a Yludih, taught entry into Uleuda and inducted with the other children to the beginnings of their education.
What I'm getting from this is that a yludih has to be taught to go to Uleuda.

In the dreamwalking lore it says,
dreamwalking > dream worlds wrote:(Note: Yludih do not have a dream world of their own. Due to the torment suffered by their ancient persecution and their long-suffered lonliness, the dream worlds of the Yludih all fused together to create Uleuda. Uleuda is a heavily guarded dream world and very difficult to sneak into, but it is possible for Yludih to exit Uleuda and explore the wide mindscape.)
What I'm getting from this is that a yludih goes through the Uleuda to get to the dream worlds.

I'm wondering, then, whether my yludih Vahekoh, who was not taught to go to Uleuda, would be able to get to the dream worlds. I was thinking of doing dream threads with Vahekoh, but if I'm getting this right, yludih only go to the dream worlds through Uleuda, and only go to Uleuda by being taught. Vahekoh, then, would not be able to go to the dream worlds because she has not been taught to go to Uleuda.

Would Vahekoh be able to dream without the Uleuda, and would I be able to do dream threads without the Uleuda, or no?

2. My second question is about dream threads and non-dreamwalkers.

In the dreamwalking lore it says,
dreamwalking > overview wrote:When a sentient being sleeps their soul slips out of their physical body a little and partially enters their own dream world, which is where they experience dreams. Under normal circumstances this connection is very weak: enough so that a person can only enter their own dream world, will remember very little about their dreams upon waking, and will still immeidately wake up if their physical body is disturbed or if they perish within their dreams.
What I'm getting from this is that non-dreamwalkers would not be able to do dream threads with other non-dreamwalkers.

Would I be able to do dream threads with Vahekoh with other non-dreamwalkers, or no?
word count: 409
Vahekoh's incident.
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: [Yludih] [Dreamwalking] [Dream threads]

1. You appear to have found the answer to your question. Yludih can only enter Dreamscapes through Uleuda at first. Once they have learned though, they can enter them on their own.
2. This is taken out of context. This refers to Dreamwalkers that are lucid only. Non-lucid dreamers can dream non-lucidly with other characters at any time. As for whether your Yludih character can dream, certainly they can non-lucidly. However if they were to become lucid, they'd have to do so through Uleuda first, and then learn to enter the Dreamscapes as a Dreamwalker.
word count: 99
Vahekoh
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Yludih] [Dreamwalking] [Dream threads]

Thanks so much! I'm glad Vahekoh will be able to do dream threads!
word count: 14
Vahekoh's incident.
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Questions & Answers”