The Hot Cycle has Ymiden (83 Trials) and then Saun (40 Trials) which are open for you to play. All new threads from June 1st 2022 - September 30th 2022 should be timestamped within one of those two seasons.
Please see Timekeeping
for more information and reach out to a member of staff if you're confused!
This announcement includes information on:
- Dates & Seasons
- Staff Changes
- Forum Changes
- Open and Closed Cities, forthcoming Closures.
- Community Updates
- Tech Guy
- Global Event & Writing Challenge!
Dates & Seasons
We're rolling into the new Cycle. The Hot Cycle marks the summer season of the Arc, and begins with the season of Ymiden
Ymiden is known for its hot, summer weather and strong hurricanes. Though this season isn't as unbearable as Saun, Ymiden provides more cloudless days than cloudy. Astronomers cherish this season for its clear skies, giving way to cool nights full of stars and moonlight. Ymiden is also the season where most festivals take place. Crops planted during Ashan will be harvested before the middle of Ymiden, allowing for enormous feasts, plenty of drink, and an unlimited supply of entertainment.
Ymiden lasts for a total of 83 trials (days). During this time, temperatures remain moderate while oceans and any other body of water become warm enough to swim in. The storms that occur throughout this season can be severe, ranging from hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes, and monsoons. However, each region will experience the effects of this seasons differently.
As Ymiden closes out, Saun
begins, bringing with it another sun. Saun is known as the hottest season in Idalos with high temperatures that can become unbearable to work in. During this season, night time provides a small relief to the heat and though the temperatures aren't so excruciatingly hot, exposure to the sun without proper water and shade as well as rest can be fatal.
Saun lasts a total of 40 trials (days). It is recommended during this time to keep a close eye on all children, livestock, and crops. Because of the heat, water will need to be readily available and distributed frequently, as to avoid potential stroke or loss of life from overheating. Any storms experienced during this season are much more powerful than those produced during Ymiden.
All active threads from the Rebirth Cycle of 722 are now grandfathered. New threads must be timestamped as Ymiden or Saun 722 or be a Memory thread, if applicable. If your PC lists their age in their CS and has a birthday this cycle, be sure to update their age.
We are sad to say, as per the previous announcement, that Trouble has stepped down from staff -and will be very sorely missed. Tempest has also decided to take a hiatus from staff duties for a cycle.
As per a discussion on the boards, we have shuffled around the forums. The announcement for that is here
Open Cities & Areas: Modded and Unmodded.
Cities & Areas Open and Supported by City Mods
The following Cities are Open and have City Moderators presiding over them. This means they will have active Calendars, Events, and will moderate threads for players. These city moderators are on hand to provide active support for their cities.
Cities Under Active Development
- Rharne - Pig Boy
- Scalvoris - Peg and Avalon
- The Eternal Empire - Basilisk
- Viden - Peg and Avalon (it's open again! Yay! Pop on by!)
We currently have no cities under active development.
Cities & Areas Closed
The following cities are closed. PCs are not allowed to play here.
- Rynmere (including Andaris and the Eastern Territories)
Unmoderated cities now have a new set of rules. This allows you to write in the city forums of the unmoderated city (and is one of the reasons why we decided to undertake the reshuffle) this means that, should one of the currently unmodded cities get a mod, they have their posts in the right place!
After the departure of Maltruism, Etzos has become an unmodded city. It is in dire need of an update and so our plan is to close it next Cycle unless a mod volunteers specifically for it. We're giving notice of that so that existing players can make plans. We really hope that there is a new mod for the city, it deserves a lot of love.
Rather than something every month, which I realised will overlap with this - I'm going to put the Community Updates here.
Currently, staff are working on the following:
- Working on streamlining the Site Guides & where they are. This project is being headed up by Vulpes.
- Giving feedback for Dragon Effigies - we've released the Effigy of Kuvarakh
- More Effigies are forthcoming! This is being headed up by Basilisk and is ongoing.
- Valtharn's blessing is also being developed.
- Daia's blessing is being developed!
- Darius is leading on trying to streamline the languages we have on Idalos - on giving them descriptions and so on. This is ongoing.
- We're working on simplifying the Shoppe - on making 1 page per Wealth Tier that gives you an overview of that Tier, and the Shoppe only being for buying things outside your Tier. I'm leading on this but it's kind of stalled a bit. If anyone would like to help, that would be very gratefully received.
- Dreamwalking was released!
- There's a new race (from beyond the Barriers at the edge of the world) and some new magic(s) in the process of being dev'd.
- We're thinking that maybe the whole of creation started when a mouse laughed. Deep lore /ancient history clarification is forthcoming.
- Pig Boy is working on Mirage / Illusion magic.
- There's an ongoing discussion on Ghosts.
- Tunawa changes are ongoing!
I can't even begin to explain all the things Tech Guy has done for us over the last few years and this continues. We've had a lot of updates, including an automated review system, an automated XP / skill ledger - lots and lots of things! If you're not up to date then start here
in the updates! Massive, enormous thanks to Tech Guy for all he's done and continues to do. I have to also give a massive shout out to Avalon and Pig Boy who have both been doing masses of bug-testing - and a very sincere thank you to every player who has provided constructive feedback to the Alpha and Beta test of the XP bars.
Global Event & Writing Challenge:
We have two events on going at the moment.
- Craft of Dreams ~ an event in honour of Tech Guy and all he's done - and introducing a new NPC made specifically in a shout-out to him!
- A Writing Challenge ~ run by Pig Boy!