• Event • Winter Wonderland

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Winter Wonderland

Alyssia watched as everyone seemed intrigued and invited their new guest to sit at their table. It was her first time seeing a Tunawa in person. The little man or woman was very cute, and Alyssia wanted to go meet them when she could. But for the moment there was still much to do for the night. The girl turned her attention back to Devin as he spoke about collecting donations or asking for people to help volunteer their time and talents. The girl was sad because she did not feel as though she had anything to offer to help them.

The teen had no real money of her own. Everything she had was given to her by the barony food, clothes, a place to sleep at night. A smile appeared hearing people begin to give donations and readily offer their support to going by the Oasis and lending a hand. Perhaps she could visit and see if they needed anyone to help put things away or other simple tasks. When Myrixa landed on the table and began to smash the fruit that was brought out. A look of shock appeared on her face, the teen went to reprimand the small dragon and move her till Devin's rolling laughter could be heard.

“Sorry about her. Myrixa isn’t normally like this about food. I am sure it will be a spectacular surprise, Devin. I have yet to be unimpressed by anything that you do,” Alyssia stated with a smile.

The teen looked back as the people around the room slowly finished offering help or donating intrigued. Alyssia turned to watch Devin as he pressed on announcing the time for everyone to get up and mingle and dance. It would prove to be a perfect opportunity to meet everyone that she did not recognize. Which to her surprise was only a few faces, the new tunawa for one, and the younger woman that sat with Woe at his table. Her mind ventured to their meeting in the woods and wondered how his son was adjusting to the family’s new home. The teen jumped some when Marvin came up to ask her about dancing.

“Oh, I am afraid I do not know how to dance. I don’t want to step on your feet or knock you into anyone,” Alyssia countered with a blush looking down, “it is the one skill that I have not worked on learning just yet. I do sincerely apologize.”

word count: 414

Tags:
Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Winter Wonderland
Neither Magdalene nor Laura had any idea that there was a card hidden in Eve’s sleeve, or that she had lost on purpose so that they wouldn’t be bored by the stories of a university student. The two young women simply smiled at each other – Laura a little more shyly than Magdalene – before they thanked her and turned to listen to her, their eyes wide.

The Theocratum, whatever it was, probably wasn’t a very nice organization if it didn’t allow people to have parties, Laura secretly thought. She didn’t say anything out loud though as she didn’t want to offend Eve who might have very different thoughts about Quacia.

Besides, her home sounded like a fascinating place, even if she didn’t understand everything (What did tyranny have to do with being pure, for example, and why did the Theocratum have a basalt arm? Was it the same as saying that someone ruled with an iron fist?).

When Eve finished the story by stating that the Ithecal had quartered the Duke of Lair’s body, Laura’s eyes widened, and she gulped. She was obviously shocked. Magdalene on the other hand was only quiet for a moment – she wasn’t as easily scared as her friend – before she wanted to know, “Why did the Ithecal quarter the Duke of Lair’s body and send it all over the city? Were they just so mad at him that they tore his body into small pieces, or was it some sort of symbolistic gesture?”

Laura briefly glanced at her friend when she heard that question. She looked even more shocked than before, it that was at all possible. She wasn’t sure if it was very appropriate to ask such things!

When Darius offered to dance with her, Laura’s eyes widened for a moment before she took his hand, very shyly, and followed him onto the dancefloor. Darius would discover that they were quite evenly matched as far as their dancing skills were concerned – Laura wasn’t a particularly good dancer. She seemed to relax when she began to move to the music though.

Magdalene for her part was quite happy when Eve reached out to take her hand and led her to the dance floor. Her dancing skills weren’t great either, but unlike her friend she was confident. There were few conventional things that could scare her or embarrass her!

“I would love to dance with you, Mister Morandi”, Lissa replied to Woe and offered him her hand. In the meantime, Nyji raised an eyebrow when Woe asked him to look after Beans. He wasn’t aware of the Mortalborn’s stealth entendre, of course, so he simply looked at the dragonet, his eyes twinkling with amusement. When he begged for some food from Perdita’s plate, but didn’t get any, the ancient biqaj simply fed the little creature himself.

Every once in a while, he also glanced at Perdita and watched her draw though. He didn’t say anything to her as he didn’t want to interrupt or distract her, but every once in a while, he smiled at her, calmly and reassuringly. Some people would consider just sitting there and watching to be boring; Nyji considered himself to be well-entertained though.

While Woe looked at Lissa during their dance, the therapist did make the mistake of watching her feet in order to make sure that she moved them correctly on a regular basis, before she abruptly looked at Woe again from out of her remaining eye that was a soft blue.

“You can visit whenever you have time”, she assured him when he asked about coming to the Spirit’s Rest Oasis and added, in a careful tone of voice, “You asked Nyji if he had met your mage friends before. If you tell me their names, I can tell you if I know them”, she offered, figuring that she’d be able to do at least that much for him, although she would protect their privacy and not reveal anything about their treatment.

“Oh, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!” Raihi said and smiled brightly when Elisabeth told her that she would be getting married in Ashan. “Who is the lucky guy, if you don’t mind me asking? We really look forward to your letter”, she added, because they were.

“Congratulations!” Terrence agreed before he cast a loving glance at his wife. They had been married for a while now – they were both in their thirties n – but they were still very much in love. Hearing that Elisabeth would be getting married soon made him think of how they’d met.

“Creating hybrids is beyond my ability”, he admitted when Elisabeth suggested a hybrid between the Faldrass potato and another variety, and Raihi nodded in agreement. She didn’t possess the necessary skill either. “Perhaps, we could work on that project together on when you visit though? Together we should be able to manage.”

Both Hales listened to Elisabeth attentively when she explained Rubrum Berries, and came up with different ideas for desserts. They looked quite impressed. When Elisabeth invited them to her wedding, they simply stared at her open-mouthed for a moment though, because that was unexpected, to be honest, and a great honor on top of it.

You didn’t get invited to a wedding of a new acquaintance every trial!

“We would love to come!” Raihi replied, and her husband who was more serious nodded, smiling. “Do you already know if you’ll be having a traditional or a modern wedding? This is wonderful”, she gushed. It seemed as if the Hales were happy for Elisabeth.

“Masalla’ko’pono”, Raihi repeated very slowly, making sure that she got the pronunciation approximately right. When Yina commented on her companion’s chunkiness, she laughed – she couldn’t help herself – before she asked, “Do you think I’d be allowed to scratch him under his chin as well?” Provided that Yina agreed, she would go ahead.

The Hales danced somewhat slowly. They knew how to dance, but they didn’t dance well. They looked as if they were enjoying themselves and very much in love though. There were in fact a lot of people at the party that weren’t masterful dancers, but nobody seemed to care. This was about having fun and, perhaps, doing a little bit of good.

Heidi bleated and stuck her tongue out when Oram turned his attention away from her and towards Aidan. The food that she had been served improved her mood greatly though, and when she had eaten it all – she was a fast eater – she lay down on the floor, content.

Aidan wanted to say something to Oram – since none of them would be dancing, they might as well continue their conversation that he had found quite entertaining so far – when he noticed that Elisabeth was walking over to them. And what more, Yina had hopped on her shoulder. His eyes widened for a moment before he told the Chief Ranger in an amused tone of voice, “I think you can ask them who exactly they are now.”

“By the way, is the lady a friend of yours?”
he wanted to know and gestured towards Elisabeth. She was quite pretty, he decided. Maybe, she was actually Oram’s girlfriend?

When Elisabeth introduced herself and her companion, he inclined his head. “Well met, Elisabeth. I’m Aidan, and this here is Heidi, His Grace’s favourite pet”, he said and pointed at the black and white goat. “I used to be His Grace’s roommate back in Scalvoris Town, and I’m a veterinarian and a linguist”, he explained, since Elisabeth had said what she did.

“It seems as if ours is going to be the table where nobody dances”, he remarked and gestured towards the tables around them that had become empty for the most part. “Unless you came here in order to ask Oram or me if we’d be willing to dance?” he wanted to know and raised an eyebrow, sounding quite amused and cheerful as he wondered if the presence of the pretty lady would change Oram’s mind in regard to dancing.

Heidi for her part didn’t say anything, and she definitely didn’t dance. Being a good, she didn’t know how to dance, and she didn’t care about dancing either. Her stomach was full, and she was tired now.

“I don’t know how to dance either”, Marvin admitted to Alyssia and grinned, as if that was something to be proud of rather than a potential source of embarrassment. “And you don’t have to worry about stepping on my feet too much. They are quite well-padded, so I likely won’t feel a thing”, he continued and removed one of his shoes in order to show her one of his furry feet.

A moment later, he looked around in order to check if anybody had watched him and slipped the shoe back on.

“So, how about we give it a try?” he asked, his whiskers twitching. He would ultimately leave it up to Alyssia if she wanted to dance or not though. If she refused, he would keep her company at the table and chat with her, but no matter what happened, he would suddenly excuse himself halfway through the music and tell Alyssia in a tone of voice that was half apologetic and half conspiratorial, “I have to prepare His Grace’s surprise now.”

The Surprise

Devin played one song after the other, with obvious joy, even though his fingers stared to hurt slightly towards the end. Occasionally, during a break, he looked up and watched the people around him dance and have fun though and smiled all over his face.

He felt as if was on top of the world and as if it could hardly get any better. This was who he had always been meant to be, he decided, not the little boy in Lowtown who dreamt of wealth and fame, and not the wannabe conman.

He was finally living his best life, and what more, he was making the world a little more beautiful and a little less unpleasant and painful and giving everybody gifts while doing so!

The last song that the son of Zanik and the band played – Devin announced that it would be the last song of course so that his guests would not be caught unaware and disappointed - was a kind of slow waltz, a dance song that was interrupted by occasional lighter notes that were supposed to remind the listener of the stars that were shimmering in the sky. At least, it started like a slow waltz. Towards the end, it got faster, and it ended with a veritable bang.

The musicians put their instruments away, stood and bowed, and so did Baron Devin himself!

“I promised you another exciting thing before this evening is over, a surprise. The time for that has finally come”, he announced in a firm and clear tone of voice so that even the people at the other end of the ballroom would have no trouble understand him.

“I ask you all to please follow me outside now. If you have pets, leave them here, please. Servants will take care of them while we are gone. They may not appreciate my surprise as much as you hopefully will”, he added, having come to the decision that he owed his guests some sort of explanation as to why their pets should stay inside, despite the fact that he wanted to keep his surprise a total secret until the big moment had arrived.

The people that decided to come with Devin would eventually find themselves right in front of the manor door. A servant, a young blonde biqaj woman, stood there, holding a big wooden box that was filled with …

… earmuffs.

She offered every guest a pair of white fluffy earmuffs that looked kind of like snowballs (to match the theme of the party) and explained that it would be a little loud soon and that they’d better put the earmuffs on if they had sensitive ears. She refused to explain why it would be loud though, no matter how much anybody asked her to tell them!

Devin himself didn’t take any earmuffs, knowing that he’d be able to handle the noise. He simply turned around and addressed whoever had decided to follow him outside once more. “While we were still dancing – or playing music, in my case – Marvin, our chief engineer, arranged everything. Due to the nature of the final surprise of the evening, I considered it better to let an experienced scientist take care of it”, he explained.

It was just than that people would see a faint shimmer somewhere in the distance, a signal of sorts.

“It seems as if Marvin is ready”, Devin proclaimed and turned around once more. “Please raise your heads and look at the sky – NOW!” he exclaimed, just as the fireworksBought, not home-made, for safety reasons. started, and the sky was suddenly covered with shimmering lights, in white and silver and golden, and red. There was one firework after the other one. For a moment, the sky was brighter than it was during the trial, and then, all of a sudden, it was quiet and dark again – except for the lights from the windows of the manor behind them.

Nyji and Lissa, Magdalene and Laura, Aidan and all the other guests stood there and watched, and Terrence Hale put an arm around his beloved wife. When the fireworks was over, he spontaneously kissed her. Laura briefly froze, and her hands went to her ears, in spite of the fact that she was wearing ear muffs, but then she simple stared open-mouthed.

After the fireworks, the guests were free to go inside and dance some more – the band would play a little more if anybody requested it. There would also be drinks and more snacks. They could also stay outside if they wanted to though, go for a walk while the snow fell and have snowball fights, if they happened to feel particularly mischievous or childlike. Eventually, the festivities would come to an end for good though. People could either choose to head home or to their guestrooms. Wherever they went, Devin thanked them for attending his party and wished them a good night and all the luck in the world though.

I will post again in approximately two weeks. Unless something unexpected happens, this will be the final round.

OOC Info

• 1 PC per player.
  • If you want to join after the first round, send me a PM, please.
  • Feel free to assume that you received an invitiation.
  • You may bring familiars, diri or animals.
  • You may each bring one companion.
  • In order to give the thread a bit of structure and try to make sure that it doesn't remain unfinished, there will be rough deadlines and small objectives every round.
  • Devin (Expert Cooking) and the Smooglenuff Manor NPC Ada Adams (Master Cooking) were in charge of the menu.
  • The theme of the party is "Winter Wonderland".
  • Pegasus has offered to review.

Objectives

• State if you watch the fireworks or not
  • If you watch the fireworks, state if you take ear muffs.
  • State what you’ll do after the end of the party.

Menu

Appetizers:
Goat cheese wrapped with bacon and with olives on top
Pink bread with a variety of vegetarian spreads

Soups:
Creamy vegetable soup with roux
Basil and tomato consommé with poached shrimp cocktail

Salads:
Mango and Sunburst Fruit salad with a spicy lime vinaigrette
Arugula salad with lemon balsamic dressing
Warm potato salad with Faldrass Potatoes

Main Dishes:
Filet mignon with balsamic strawberries and pink rice
Stir fry with bamboo sprouts, mushrooms and long beans
White fish with Sunburst Fruit
Glowing breaded meat with a side of wild rice

Deserts:
Chocolate balls coated with nuts and edible flowers, with a liquid core
Fresh fruit with rainbow-colored whipped cream
Chocolate cake with pink frosting and sprinkles, filled with candied fruit

Credit

Patterns used:
Winter Wonderland by PaperFlower, available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
WINTERS NIGHT KISS.. by Pauline Jones, available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
word count: 2731

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Alyssia was surprised when Marvin did not seem phased as the sound of her stepping on his feet. The teen gave him a strange look before seeing him pull off his shoe. She was amazed at how fluffy they were. Taking a deep breath, the young baroness nodded and smiled.

“If you are sure then I would be honored to share a dance with you,” Alyssia stated with a smile.

The teen got up and walked out to the dance floor with Marvin making sure to keep one part of her dress lifted so that her shoes would not catch the hem. Taking a deep breath, Alyssia followed Marvin’s lead. The girl winced as she stepped on Marvin’s left foot almost instantly.

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry!” Alyssia said quickly.

Alyssia took the movements slower making sure to watch her feet making sure they slide the right directions without going to far. Though that did very little to help from nearly falling as she stepped with the wrong foot catching her dress nearly making them topple. A squeak left the girl as she hung on to Marvin before righting herself again.

“Im sorry. This was a huge mistake I shouldn’t have done this. I am just making us look like fools,” Alyssia said trying to hold back tears knowing that Marvin had to be upset with her.

It wasn’t long after that when Marvin excused himself to go prepare Devin’s final surprise of the night. The teen was happy and quickly excused herself off the dance floor going back to her table as a slower song began. She sat back at the table and continued to take deep breaths to calm her heart beat. When the last dance finished the teen eagerly got up making sure Novus, Myrixa, and Rymid were calm and settled she followed everyone outside. The girl tilted her head and took a pair of earmuffs staying back watching and listening to Devin. Alyssia did not put the ear muffs on right away seeing that Devin did not have a pair on. She was slowly becoming more and more excited as Devin spoke. The teen jersey her head up and gasped jumping in place some a huge smile on her face as the sky lit up like daylight.

Carefully the teen made her way up to stand beside Devin amazed giggling like the child she was. The child that she had to hide long before ever actually meeting Devin and the other barons. As the fire works began to end she looked over at Devin amazed yet not surprised. He was flashy but in a classy elegant way, and she never wanted him to change.

“I believe we can say tonight was a success. Well done, Devin. It’s been absolutely amazing and the final surprise was beautiful. You will have a hard time topping this one,” Alyssia said with a smile, “I am heading back inside see you there?”

The teen asked the question as the last firework began to fade from the sky. Once Devin gave his answer, she turned and headed back inside beginning to help clean up some of the party mess where she was sitting. Myrixa had began to flitter around nervously when the firework show began. It took a moment for Alyssia to calm her and even then, the little one hide under her hair watching.

word count: 572
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ranger-in-Chief
Renown: 960
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Beat the Bleat, Bleat the Beat

Oram gave Heidi an amused grin when she lodged her complaint at no longer being the center of attention. The black-and-white doe was nowhere near as obnoxious as Ornot would probably have been in that situation. Having made her thoughts known, Heidi then contented herself with eating her food. Aidan then pointed out the approaching Elisabeth, who had the being they had seen earlier perched on her shoulder. So it was a tunawa, Oram realized, now that it was raised to where he could get a good look at it.

The Chief Ranger nodded when Aidan asked if the woman were a friend of hers. ”Aye, we’ve known each other for an arc or so,” he responded. ”Been through some interesting adventures together.” He smiled at the approaching party. ”Good evening, Elisabeth!” he greeted as she approached. ”Have you been enjoying yourself?”

Elisabeth did a better job introducing herself to Aidan than he could have done, so he left her to it, while he looked curiously at the tunawa. Realizing it was rude to just sit and stare, he greeted her. He kept his greeting simple. ”Hello, I’m Oram Mednix,” he said. ”Are *you* enjoying yourself? Have you known Elisabeth here long?”

He was secretly thankful when Elisabeth asked to sit down and talk; hopefully, it meant she wasn’t going to ask him to dance. Oram’s travelers danced plenty, and dancing along was pretty much obligatory at gatherings; thus, it was actually a bit lower on the hunter’s list of things to dread at parties than one might expect, but it was still something he wasn’t particularly good at and preferred not to do. He wasn’t going to offer.

Oram would let Aidan chat up Elisabeth if the man were so inclined. He sat and relaxed and let whatever conversations were going to happen happen. In the meantime their host played song after song while other guests danced. Looking across the room at other tables, he could see other guests who also were not dancing. He saw Perdita Westcot, busying herself with her drawing. If he caught her eye, he would nod and smile.

Oram had attended enough gatherings with music to know what a last dance sounded like, so he breathed a bit easier when Devin broke into his slow waltz. It was a bit long -they usually were- but at last it ended. When it was done, Oram joined in with the applause, clapping as their host and the other musicians bowed and began to put away their instruments, stopping when Devin gave signs of wanting to speak.

A surprise outside? Oram wasn’t sure what that could be. Knowing Devin, it was bound to be colorful and dramatic. Filing outside with the other guests, he frowned a bit when the pretty young biqaj offered him earmuffs. He accepted a pair, although he did not initially wear them, not understanding their purpose until after the fireworks started. His ears ringing from the first loud reports, he belatedly put the earmuffs on.

Oram didn’t care for fireworks. They were loud and gaudy and made his animals nervous. But obviously there were plenty in the company who enjoyed them, greeting the various squibs and stars with oohs and aahs. Oram supposed it was a good display, although he was no connoisseur of such things. He got tired of craning his neck up to look at it before it was over, and instead looked around at the crowd, smiling at anybody he knew with whom he made eye contact.

There were periodic pauses in the fireworks, during which people murmured, wondering if they were finished, only to exclaim in delight when the next volley went off. At last, a silence dragged on long enough for everyone to decide that the display had, indeed, ended, and the gathering livened by degrees into buzzing conversation.

Oram looked around to thank his host, to find Darius and Perdita, if she had joined the crowd, to say hello to. A yawn erupted unexpectedly from his mouth and he realized that he was sleepy. Once he was finally done with all the good nights, he made his way back to the guest room where he had changed and left his things. He had enjoyed this party as much as it was possible to enjoy any such, but he was now looking forward to having himself a good sleep in a nice comfortable bed.
word count: 753
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

55/Z/21
A
s she drew, Perdita focused on capturing details. That was what she did, after all, as an artist. She captured a moment in time and committed it to paper. That moment was many things though - like a memory it was movement and items and people, but it was also light and shade, not just the silver fork left laying on a glittering table, but the way that the light from the candle flickered against that fork and made it seem to burst with light when it hit just the right angle. That was the kind of thing that she had to capture and, as the ball continued around her, Perdita was lost in doing just that.

After a while, she lifted her gaze and looked around the room once more. She wanted to try and capture as many faces and moments as she could and her face showed her concentration. Again, though, there was no blushing, no concern about how she wasn't dancing - Perdita was very much embroiled in the artwork she was creating.

After a space of time, she seemed to realise that she had gotten lost in what she was doing and she met Nyj's gaze. "I'm sorry," she said with a blush. It was the first one in ages. "I think I got ... caught up?" She nodded her head at that, thinking that it was exactly what she had done. Having made that realisation, Perdita made sure to keep the gentleman company and would sit with him and chat. She showed him her drawings, asked about the Spirits' Rest, discussed how she might help there. All in all it was a useful and productive conversation and Perdita was happy to be able to watch and to try and capture it.

Except, of course, Devin had more in store for them.

They were to go outside. Perdita stood and made her way - making sure that Nyj was alright, she'd walk arm in arm with him if he seemed to need assistance. She was quick to accept the white snowflake earmuffs and she put them on as they made their way. And then, there was a sight unlike anything Perdita had ever seen. The sky itself lit up with fireworks and she watched them with the wide eyed wonder of a young woman who had not long since been a child and who still had many child-like qualities. She gasped in amazement and let out a small 'meep' of delight here and there and, when they were finished, she turned to see that Oram was there. That pleased her too and the young woman beamed. Her cheeks were red from the cold, as was her nose, so whether she blushed or not was a matter of academic concern - but her smile was genuine. "Mr Mednix, it's good to see you," she said softly. "Isn't it wonderful?"

Glancing around, she saw other faces she recognised - she had met Darius when she had made him gifts for Ziellmass - he was an unknown person to her before that, but she was glad to have made his acquaintance in that manner. "Did you dance?" She asked Oram with a whispered tone of a conspirator or confessor. "I didn't. I drew." One side of her mouth lifted in a quirked smile. "I wasn't brave." A nice, though brief, hello and warm wishes and then Perdita excused herself and made her way to her room. She wanted to capture as much as she could before it fled from her mind and so she sat and drew well into the night.

word count: 607
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Alongside Laura and Magdalene, Darius listened as Eve told her story. She had his full attention, as her thick accent and occasional broken sentence meant that he would miss details if he gave her anything else.

It was an interesting tale, to be sure. Darius had never visited Quacia, so he couldn't tell fact from fiction, but the mere concept of a tyrannical force of purity intrigued him. The power struggle between the filthy revellers and the pure authoritarians made for an engrossing tale.

As the story turned to reveal the Duke of Lair's grisly fate, Darius heard Laura gasp. He turned to see the young woman's shocked expression, which only grew as her friend asked for an explanation.

The music began to play, and Darius took to the dance floor more eagerly than he usually would. That was because the first song go be played was about him - an unexpected honour, to be sure - and though he wouldn't volunteer that information, he wouldn't deny it if he was asked.

The following songs received less enthusiasm, the last one especially so, because a slow waltz was only ever going to result in Darius being awkward on dance floor once more. His saving grace, perhaps, was that Laura was not a great dancer, either. It meant that after a while, they were able to enjoy a laugh at their shared discomfort.

Eventually, Devin's fine performance came to an end, and he ushered everyone outside. Despite being his peer as a baron, Darius had no idea what the surprise was, but when he was offered a pair of earmuffs, he passed them on to Laura. He had noticed that their host had opted to go without a means to block out the noise, and so he wagered that he could do likewise.

As soon as the fireworks began, they captured Darius' attention. His eyes widened, and he couldn't help but smile as the entertainment lit up the sky. Some of the explosions were so loud, that he could have sworn he could feel them in his chest. There were many exclamations of wonder from the crowd, and the bearded mariner was not shy in his enjoyment. He decided that he would talk to Devin about them, some trial, to learn more.

When the fireworks stopped, the darkness and silence seemed both blinding and deafening, all at once. But slowly, Darius' eyes adjusted adjusted, and his hearing returned in its entirety. He thanked Laura for her company, before noticing that Oram and Perdita. He smiled politely at them both in greeting, before turning to Elisabeth.

"So, the lass from Viden gets to enjoy snow on Faldrass, after all," he grinned. "And in Zi'da, just as I promised, albeit by less natural means! Even so, I hope it makes you feel a little more at home."

After a brief catch up with those he knew, Darius decided it was high time he returned to Hopetoun, and with a skip in his step, he began the journey home.
Objectives
  • Watched the fireworks.
  • Decided against wearing earmuffs.
  • Returned to Hopetoun after the party.
word count: 525
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Zi’da 55, Arc 721

Elisabeth smiled back to Raihi and Terrence, who offered her their sincerest congratulations on the wedding. "His name is Balthazar, and I'm very excited about the wedding. I promise to send the invitation as soon as I can."

She watched the pair and couldn't help but be happy for them. Elisabeth and Balthazar had been through a lot but always held on to each other, finding their way through. Maybe some people thought it to be a different type of love, but it was as genuine as that of the Beacon pair. Elisabeth felt it in her very being and soul.

Terrence mentioned he wasn't sure about making the hybrid potatoes but suggested it might be a project they could work on together. "I would enjoy that. I'll make sure to bring enough samples to experiment with."

The conversation turned back to the wedding, which didn't bother her one bit. It was nice to talk to someone about it. "It will be modern, and we think it will be the first wedding on Faldrass since the eruption, so it's an extra blessing for us. I've studied the details and ceremony, but part of me is still worried about messing something up."

The Hales went off to dance, and Elisabeth decided to wander, finding her way to Oram with a tunawa and Alder on her shoulder. The man next to Oram stood to greet her, introducing himself as Aidan. "A pleasure, Aidan. And Heidi, as well!"

Smiling fondly at Oram, she returned his greeting, replying to his question. "Well enough, I suppose." She let the matter drop, not wishing to inflict her somewhat sullen mood on the two men.

An animal lover, the young woman crossed to where Heidi was standing, glancing at Aidan to inquire permission. "May I? Just a quick pet?"

Once that matter was settled, Aidan spoke of his history with 'His Grace,' concluding that it must be Devin by process of elimination and his vocation. "Linguist? I grew up in Viden, and my adoptive father was a linguistics professor there."

A soft laugh slipped free as Aidan inquired about her intentions, sitting next to Oram. "No, no. No dancing for me tonight. You both are quite safe. I'd hate to think of the pain I'd inflict by stepping on your toes in these dreadful shoes. But enough about me. How are you both faring this evening?" Having just met Aidan, Elisabeth couldn't guess, but she knew enough about Oram to feel like she had a relatively good gauge of him, and she wasn't quite sure parties were among his favorite things.

Eventually, they were all called outside for another surprise. Curiously taking the earmuffs, Elisabeth looked up just in time to catch the first explosion of color, eyes lighting up. She didn't much care for the booms, but the vibrant visual more than made up for it.

Darius approached as she turned to go inside, teasing her about his promise for snow in Zi'da. The comment gained a gentle laugh as Elisabeth gently embraced him for a brief moment. "And I'm glad you are here to share it with me."

As the festivities wound down, people started to disperse. She looked for Perdita, Alyssia, and Woe, and if she found them, she would say hello. She specifically sought Devin out to thank him for the invitation and wonderful time.

Soon enough, it was time to leave. Quickly changing out of her dress and into warm traveling clothes, Elisabeth took one last look at the venue and departed into the night, glancing up, wondering if Balthazar was looking upon the stars as well.

word count: 624
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1465
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Eve smiled at Magdalene and her question, "I'm not know. It maybe that this is just a story, and that the Ithecal were not responsible. They were slaves, so perhaps were abused by the sinners of the lair for ages, that they'd never forgotten abuse? Or perhaps they were, as you say scapegoat? I suppose only the Duke knows who really tore him to pieces." She grinned, and then Magdalene and her were set to dance with each other. It'd be a challenge for Eve, to maintain enough control while fully materialized, but she was confident she could accomplish this much.

Woe meanwhile was joined by Lissa, while Perdita refused to budge from her seat, oddly enough not blushing for once at his suggestion that she join Devin for a dance. He supposed she was absorbed in her own artcrafting to be embarassed. It was good that she had such a coping mechanism.

Woe led Lissa in the dance, as well as he could. It was nothing fancy, just simple footwork in a basic waltz as the music played. Eventually, Lissa asked him who he knew that might have visited the retreat. Woe considered it for a moment. If Llyr had gone to the retreat himself, he would have gone under an assumed name. There was little use inquiring to his attendence. However, there was one who might have been sent there. "Emelia Enners." Woe said, "She was the victim of a failed initiation, an Empathy initiation. Left bereft of emotion, I'm told she was sent back to Almund to be cared for by her mother, but I'm not sure where she landed after that."

He shrugged as they danced. He didn't hold out much hope that she knew of such a one. But it was worth trying.

Eventually, the songs changed, to slower tunes and waltzes. Until the music stopped entirely, and Devin announced a surprise of sorts.

Woe led Lissa to the appropriate place outside, and refused earmuffs for himself. He was not bothered by cold in the slightest, as one marked by Ziell. Woe wasn't one to be too fussed about light shows or spectacles. They seemed like frivolous contrivances. But even he had to acknowledge the impressive technical skill it took to set up explosives that exploded in light and majesty rather than kinetic force.

When the evening was over, Woe bid farewell to Lissa. He sought out Eve, and returned with her to the room. Likely, after maintaining a material form for so long, she would be tired and bereft of ectoplasm. He would have words about his ghostly stowaway with his son, when he got back to Scalvoristown.
word count: 451
Image*Image*Image
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Your Review
Your Review
Devin

Overview

What a wonderful event - thank you so much for hosting it. Devin really did make sure that this was superbly planned and ran excellently. I particularly enjoyed the way you wrote that wonderful combination of excited and nervous - you did that very well. Enjoy your very well - earned rewards!

XP: 20
Renown: 20

Loot

Loss:
--- 1 x snow globe
--- -15 WP

Loots!
--- Flowers from Elisabeth.
--- Artwork from Perdita
--- Earmuffs: These earmuffs make you happy. They lift your mood. When you're sad, put them on and you'll feel better! If you're a bit cold, they'll be warm. If you're a bit warm, they feel cool. Nothing major, just a minor enchantment which make them "Magic Earmuffs of Comfy"

Knowledge

Caregiving x 5
Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 5
Leadership x 5
Logistics x 5
Musical Instrument: Stringed (Pluck) x 5
Resistance x 5

Woe

Overview

I really enjoy seeing Woe in these kinds of social events where he is both so very good at manouvering and navigating them - and also so inwardly not comfortable with being there. You play him really well and I enjoyed the interactions with the PCs and the NPCs here - you maintained a great balance. Well done!

Renown: 15

Loot

Loss:
--- Donation

Loots!
--- Earmuffs: These earmuffs make you happy. They lift your mood. When you're sad, put them on and you'll feel better! If you're a bit cold, they'll be warm. If you're a bit warm, they feel cool. Nothing major, just a minor enchantment which make them "Magic Earmuffs of Comfy"

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 5
Dance x 5
Resistance x 5
Psychology x 5
Socialisation x 5

Elisabeth

Overview

Elisabeth is, so often, the sum of her relationships. They're vital to who she is and throughout this thread that was obvious. She was working to build new relationships, to strengthen existing ones. She views the world through this lens and you write that beautifully. Enjoy your well-earned rewards.

Loot

Loss:
--- Donation
--- Tempest Lilies (given as a gift).

Loots!

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 10
Resistance x 5
Psychology x 5
Socialisation x 5

Oram

Overview

Oh, you've got to love Oram! He's such a fun pc and he feels so out of place in events like this yet there's that worry that they're starting to feel like he's right at home! He's wonderfully written here, as always, and I hope you enjoy the rewards! I'm glad there were no rocks in his food!

Loot

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 10
Resistance x 5
Psychology x 5
Socialisation x 5

Alyssia

Overview

Alyssia is growing up so much - and she's navigating the new life that she has in a really interesting way. I love her relationship with Devin, it's really interesting to see how she has built and grown over the time she's been on Scalv. Awesome work! Enjoy your well-earned rewards.

Loot

Loots!

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 10
Resistance x 5
Psychology x 5
Socialisation x 5

Darius

Overview

Baron Baer here, with his scrying snow-globe and he was gambling at a party too! He's such a rebel! I enjoyed watching Darius navigate this social situation, and how he has grown so much more comfortable in crowds. Lovely pc development! Enjoy your well-earned rewards.

Loot

Loots!

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Dance x 5
Etiquette x 5
Gambling x5
Resistance x 5
Socialisation x 5

Yina

Overview

It's such a shame that you didn't complete this thread, Yina was a real hit and your posts were absolutely beautiful! I hope that we see you back here, writing this lovely pc - because honestly your writing is gorgeous. Enjoy your rewards!

XP: 15
Renown: 10

Loot

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 3
Dance x 3
Etiquette x 3
Gambling x 3
Resistance x 3
Socialisation x 3

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this review - drop me a PM.
word count: 922
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Perdita

Overview

I love Perdita. I love that even though she's uncomfortable in situations like the event, she pushes herself to be part of them. Ever polite and kind, she navigates the party with wondrous eyes, through her unique viewpoint. Through all that, she's always true to herself, though her shyness, awkward encounters and not dancing, thank you very much - and you write that all beautifully! Enjoy your rewards!

XP:20
Renown: 10

Loot

Loss:
Artwork

Loots!
The Inspiratio Stylus
The minor enchantment cast on this lovely writing utensil (please feel free to describe as you like) truly caters to creative souls. When Perdita finds herself 'stuck' or lacking inspiration, holding the pen will provide her with a quick zap of inspiration. It won't cure things like a writer's block or major creative ruts, but it does give her just enough to help her get moving again in.

Knowledge

Cosmetology x 5
Etiquette x 10
Resistance x 5
Art x 5
Socialization x 5
Review Stamp:
word count: 171
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”