• Open • Chasing Tales

16th of Vhalar 721

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Chasing Tales

16th of Vhalar 721

Shellknight lodge was just about completed, and yet Kisaik's errand for Saoire was still far from finished. He was sure he'd have many more stories to tell about his adventures in gathering the various turtles from Scalvoris to Faldrass, but for now he had another story to tell his friends and guests. He'd sent invitations across the island, for people in Faldrass to tell stories. Of course, he'd sent a personalized invitation to his close personal friends, Vega, Arlo, and Doran. They'd had such a good time telling stories the last time, he thought it'd be a good idea to spread the joy to as many as possible, and give them all the opportunity to participate in the storytelling.

He hoped it would go well.

Mercury Tim, his dragonet was flitting this way and that, its shiny and fluid body of metal warming the space around the place that would serve as their camp. It was just outside the turtle-shaped lodge that Kisak now called home. It was a large place, big enough for tall folk in the bottom floors and even some of the higher floors, with accessible facilities for shorter folk all over.

His dragonling was calm and serene, its full metal body resting beside the lodge, having spent a lot of time in exercise, training with Kisaik to fly properly with someone mounted upon his neck. He had named the Dragonling Aquarius, perhaps an ironic name, given its affinity for fire. But Kisaik found the name far less unsettling than Inferno or Charface or something similar.

Kisaik was wearing some of his new regalia, the jewelry given to him by the great Dragon Vindecaldra. And also the cloak of invisibility, among other things, which also protected him against fire. Something he'd wanted for himself for quite some time, and now he had it! It was lucky that he was friends with such a kind and honorable Dragon, with a capital D!

So Kisaik waited for his friends, and whoever else would arrive at Hopetoun Hole, near Shellknight Lodge. There, Peter the panhandler was also in attendance, munching on pieces of quartz that Kisaik had dug up for him. It gurgled, and lifted its brightly-colored head as the first guest arrived.

word count: 386

Tags:
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Re: Chasing Tales

It had been a while, but Doran still thought about the time that he had spent in Hopetoun on a more or less regular basis. He had found companionship there, and even met people that had become something like friends. There had been an evening around the campfire during which they had told each other stories and shared food. It had been no world-changing event, and there had been no great risks, but it had been a most memorable experience, nevertheless – an experience that he was keen on repeating.

For that reason, he immediately decided that he would travel to Faldrass when he received Kisaik’s invitation. He was comparatively busy these trials – he still had not finished the task that Qylios had given to him after the Forging, among other things – but this was something that he simply didn’t want to miss, although he was not sure which story exactly he should tell yet. But then again, the most important thing of all was to have a good time with friends.

Shellknight Lodge had not been completed yet when he had last visited Faldrass. In fact, he couldn’t remember seeing such a building back then. As a consequence, he stopped for a moment – he had just been walking up to Hopetoun Hole – in order to let his gaze drift across it before he came closer. He had to admit, he was curious about what kind of purpose that very unusual building served. Was it a gathering place for Saoire’s followers, a tavern, or a turtle sanctuary?

A few moments later, he found himself distracted by a most fascinating creature that rested beside the lodge, looking serene and elegant, and his eyes widened slightly as he had never seen anything quite like it before. Aquarius made him think of the winged lizards that Professor Fridson had mentioned in his research notes – his mortal colleague had seen paintings of them in the shrine of Fei on Immortal’s Tongue. What exactly was it?

He watched it for a bit, calmly, but with unmistakable curiosity, before he walked up to his host. Kisaik wore impressive jewelry, he noticed, which contrasted with his own outfit to some extent. Doran himself wore a dusk-colored suit, made of fine fabric, but relatively understated, and a simple dark cloak, and he carried a bag that contained his notes and a gift, among other things.

“Sir Chip!” he greeted the Tunawa with a smile. “It’s good to see you again. I’m grateful for your invitation. It seems as if you’ve had quite an adventure since our last meeting!” he observed and nodded towards the magnificent dragonling. “I hope that you’ll tell us how you met your companions, both of them”, he continued and momentarily turned to face the quartz-eating turtle that might not be as impressive, but that he found interesting, nevertheless. He wondered if it also ate other stones.

“I wasn’t sure if Mister Creede would make food for us again this time, so I asked my cook if he had time to bake something for us. He’s not as skilled as Arlo, but hopefully, his cookies will be decent, nevertheless”, he remarked, opened his bag, removed a metal tin that was filled with white and dark chocolate cookies from it and handed it to Kisaik.
word count: 562

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1724
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

16th Vhalar, 721
"Pier an' Pre's Pink Parts, it's a long walk here, innit?"

Vega was out of breath. It wasn't something that usually happened to her, but as Xiur's Champion did what could only be described as waddled into view, she glared in a good natured way at the two men who were already here. "Sir Chip an' Doran, it's right nice to see you," she said. With her was an enormous Dire Lioness, Leona, who Vega leaned on slightly. Now, just in case the reason for Vega's puffing and waddling was not clear, she was very very pregnant. She was carrying this child all in the front and her bump was such that she could (and did, gleefully) balance plates on it.

But it meant that she waddled when she walked - no matter how much she fervently denied it - and it also meant that moving was an issue for her. "Right. I need to sit down. But somewhere where I can get back up from." She smiled at the two of them. "I'm right glad to see you both. " Looking around, Vega spotted a low rock. "Right, I'm goin' to sit there. If I go into labour durin' this, I hope one of you knows which end is what an' how to pop a person out of a person." She beamed at them both. "Cos I haven't got a dooby scoo."

It wasn't so much that Vega sat down, more that she lowered herself to the sitting position on the rock. That done, she breathed out and pulled a fan of folded paper out and began to fan herself. "You know, it's a bloody inconvenient thing, this pregnancy malarky. Schnizzles my snoot. My ankles are three times the size they used to be, an' I'm jus' huge. " She chuckled. "But I wouldn't miss this. Also, Doran, I've already asked Sir Chip, but Arlo an' I were hopin' that you might be .. well, we have this tradition, biqaj. We name three people for our children. People outside the clan, so not family, but the family we'd wish for. So, we were hopin' that you'd be that for Joy an' this new baby." Vega's cheeks were red from exertion, but she looked at Doran with a genuine expression of fondness.

"If me an' Arlo die, you have to be our voices. An' if we live, you have to be uncles by choice, not blood." It was the best and only way she had to describe it. Then, in an entirely un-emotional manner, Vega beamed. "Oh, look at those cookies. I brought food, too. Big cake an' small cakes, chocolates, an' savoury nibbles. Arlo's a good lad." She nodded her head.

Then, Vega looked around. "Is anyone else comin'? An' Sir Chip, that dragonling is beautiful. Arlo's got one, too, he met this big dragon in a museum. Apparently, while he was with another woman. I'd be bothered if I wasn't too tired." She grinned as she said it - it wasn't true at all. She wouldn't be concerned, ever, because she trusted her husband completely. "Were you in that whole madness too?"

word count: 545

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Arc 721, 16 Vhalar

An invitation had come to the settlement and Elisabeth, knowing that both of them could use something of a relaxing experience, had asked Praetorum if he would accompany her to the storytelling event. The time together would be good and hopefully they would see a few other people they knew.

There had been time to catch up a bit for the pair. Among other things, they realized that both had been pulled into the madness that had occurred in Saun, just different locations. It was crazy how they kept being 'invited' to participate in world-changing events, but as they had collectively ascertained, 'normal' lives weren't meant for them.

After getting things settled in Haven, the pair set out, making the trek past an unusual structure, to a place called Hopetoun Hole. Upon arriving, the young Haven leader smiled at she spotted Vega, managing to hear a few of her last words. Glancing at Prae, she arched her eyebrow. "Even more people? Whatever that was, must have been huge." She had heard rumors, of course, but never put much stock in them until given a reason to. Now, she had reason.

Waving at the group, Elisabeth made her way over, odd little smile on her face. "Others got taken as well? I was pulled to Rynmere by Raskalarn. Didn't see a dragon until the end, when I was crawling out of a collapsing Labyrinth." She didn't mention Balthazar's involvement, nor that of Prae, Nir'wei or Ralgar. The experiences had by each were theirs, and as such, the mage felt it wasn't her information to tell. Perhaps that was taking privacy a bit too far in the case of Balthazar, considering her relationship with him, but it felt right.

There was only one currently present that she didn't know, so Elisabeth turned to the tunawa and smiled softly. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure. My name is Elisabeth Angelus."

word count: 332
Praetorum
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: 1020
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

When Elisabeth had first come to Prae with an invitation to a storytelling event, he’d been somewhat hesitant. Prae had a great respect for Cassion, of course, but he rarely ever spoke of his own deeds. Why was a question he didn’t care much to dwell on.

Still, after a few moments of reflection, Prae had agreed to go. If nothing else, it would be good to get out and do something relaxing for once, in the company of a friend.

The trek to Hopetoun Hole itself was a relaxing one, as he and Elisabeth compared notes on the places they’d been teleported to. That was one story Prae would not be telling on this trial, not with half of it being spent in the sewers.

As they arrived, Prae nodded to each person in turn, offering a polite smile. He knew them all, but none of them well, save Elisabeth.

“I was pulled to Yaralon by Ilaren,” he offered when Elisabeth finished. “Never in my life seen any living thing as big as that dragon.”

It was stunning, really, that something so massive and dangerous could have produced a creature as cute and affectionate as the one currently perched on his shoulder. Two of the Kletier’s six heads were currently occupied with wrestling Prae’s shirt, while the other four were looking around curiously.

“This is Redge,” Prae said, introducing the dragonet on his shoulder. “I’d have brought my dragonling as well, but I’m afraid he’s in Rharne right now. Probably for the best—he’s a little tetchy around people.”
word count: 269
Let's play 'What's Weird About Prae'

Head

• A fiery rune shines under his right eye
  • A firey glow in the back of his mouth

Arms

• A ring of blue runes floats over each of Prae's wrists
  • A silver shield marks the back of his right hand
  • A ring of light around his left forearm

Misc

• His tail is about eight feet long, usually knotted around his waist
  • His body temperature is uncomfortably high

Surroundings

• Wind gusts with every step he takes
  • The area around him is slightly more static-y than normal
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Aquarius' eyes followed Doran as he approached, his face of solid metal plates still as anything, but there was kindness and gentleness behind his gaze. Vindecaldra's dragonlings were very gentle in nature, although that contrasted greatly with their immense physical toughness and capabilities. Still, they were great with kids, and it took quite a lot to rouse them to anger.

Kisaik smiled up at Aquarius, and swept his body into a bow before Doran, "Welcome Professor... or should I say Dean Thetys! Welcome Doran, I hope tonight will be as fun as the last time. And yes, an adventure is precisely what I had, in meeting Aquarius here, but I will tell you all about that soon..." Kisaik gestured up at the dragon, who vented his inner heat through the slits in his hide, glowing in the twilight as they flared up. "Meet Aquarius Vindecaldra, dragonling of Vindecaldra! She who is the Forge of Rebirth!"

Having introduced his dragonling, the large creature bowed its head to the ground, as a way of greeting Doran.

When Doran revealed that he'd brought refreshments and food, Kisaik grinned. "I believe Mister Creede is indisposed tonight, so it's fortunate that you brough some food! Good thinking!"

By then, Vega arrived, breathless, at the Shellknight Lodge, which she'd herself helped build. Kisaik hopped happily, and turned around to wave at her, "Welcome Lady Vega! How wonderful to see you. And say hello to my new friend, Aquarius!" Kisaik showed her the big dragonling, which bowed its head to her in turn.

"Feel free to take a seat wherever suits you Lady Vega! There's a stone wall that's a bit high, and you should be able to get up easily from it..." Kisaik didn't want to fuss too much over his very 'with a sprout' guest, but then he had to take reasonable precautions to ensure that she was comfortable. As for going into labor, Kisaik grinned at her way of putting it, and looked to Doran, "I believe the professor is a healer of some reputation! And I can help, knowing something of the healing arts myself."

Kisaik listened to his friend's commiserating about the pregnant state. He scratched his chin thoughtfully when she mentioned parts of her swelling up that had nothing presumably to do with the sprout, and Kisaik hummed to himself, "Well, it might be the growth spirits around the sprout? It's a good sign, as uncomfortable as it may be. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make you more comfortable!."

Kisaik let Vega have her request known to Doran, about making him a part of the clan. Kisaik had already been made a member, more or less, and Kisaik was pleased that Doran would also get the invitation to become a part of their family.

While they were chatting, Kisaik noticed a pair of figures, one shorter, and one much larger. An ithecal and a woman. Kisaik hadn't been sure if word would get out that they'd be hosting a storytelling night, but he was glad that a few more had arrived.

She spoke something that must have been huge. Kisaik beamed, thinking she must be talking about his newly anointed Shellknight Lodge. He was about to thank her, when she began talking about others having been taken as well. Not quite following, Kisaik paused as she went on, talking about Rynmere, a Labyrinth and Raskalarn. However, she only gave a smile Vega and a wave at the group, but didn't even acknowledge Doran or Vega in more than just those gestures.

Kisaik wasn't one easy to anger, but he felt downright indignant that one of his friends had been snubbed. However, it was never his way to let the rudeness of others dictate his own behavior. So he bowed lightly to Elisabeth. Perhaps she didn't know better? "I am Kisaik. Pleased to meet you, Elisabeth. And these two fine people are my friends." Kisaik said, gesturing toward Vega, and then Doran, Lady Vega Creede, and this fine gentleman, is Dean Doran Thetys."

Finally, the last one to introduce himself was Praetorum. Kisaik could've sworn he recognized him, or met him before. When he mentioned Yaralon, Kisaik perked right up. "Oh, you've been to Yaralon! Have you seen the First Tree? How is the Tree Burho holding up??! But forgive my manners, I am Kisaik. But... You look familiar, forgive me but I'm not sure if we haven't met before?"

Kisaik took the excuse about the dragonling not being present in good humor. At any rate, he was about ready and rearing to get the Storytelling started.

"Right, for those of you new to story night, we each listen to the first storyteller, and tell them what we think about their story and such and so forth. For the purposes of being the host, and first to arrive here, I will be the one telling the first tale. Then it will be Dean Doran, then Lady Vega, then Miss Elisabeth, then Sir Praetorum."

And so saying, Kisaik sighed. As much as he enjoyed being a host, it sure was tiring! But Kisaik was determined to make this story night as much a success as the last one. So without further delay, he jumped straight up in the air, and blinked out, and onto the crown of horns of Aquarius.

Aquarius reared up briefly, his glowing vents radiating with heat and power as he came forward, and puffed a bit of flame breath to start the campfire. Then, He rested his head next to, between Lady Vega and Dean Doran. And Kisaik began his story.

"After hosting my friend the Baron Darius Baer, I'd heard rumors of a strange driftwood tunawa, washing up on the shores of Faldrass. So I went to the ocean, to check and see what I could find there. Little did I realize, the moment I stepped foot into the ocean's tides, that I would be headed for one of the biggest adventures of my life..."

"I saw the driftwood tunawa, or thought I did, yet every step I took toward that rumored sighting, through the shallow tides of the ocean, I felt something pulling me in, literally. As if asking, it tugged at me. I'd felt a similar sensation when rupturing or when traveling by magic acorn, so when I felt it I was compelled to follow the feeling to its conclusion. Later, I was swept along, in an instant, to the foot of the Heart of the World. A great massive volcano in Western Continent."

Kisaik took a breath, and looked at each of the other attendees to make sure they were listening. "There, before us was U'frek himself. He told us that we were needed to thwart the plans of Faldrun and his agents, that they were seeking something in the Heart that they needed in order to make him stronger, or some such."

"Well, I was there with a couple of other adventurers. One a soldier named Nathan, another, a healer named Tei'serin. So, since we found ourselves with U'frek, and did as he requested. Not one to turn down a noble or proper quest, I jumped at the chance to be of service."

"We traveled in there, and found a series of ghosts and spirits, phantoms tormented by turmoil. I gazed into the Beneath then, and tried to find the source of their disturbance, and saw that there was a chamber just beyond where Faldrun's agents dare not roam. I took point, along with Nathan, while Tei'serin followed. All of a sudden, a strange man appeared before us. He introduced himself as Doctor Revel. He presented himself as a potential helper, but something nagged at the back of my mind about him. However, before my suspicions could be confirmed or not, we were set upon through the tunnels by Faldrun's agents."

"Faldrun's agents chased us through there, until we made our way into a large chamber, something that appeared to be an egg chamber. I zipped around, shouting into the tunnel for the guardian of the eggs to not be feared, and that I was here to help. But for the first time in memory, I found the one beast that didn't take kindly to my crooning. It blasted me back with hot fiery breath. I would've been turned to cinders if it weren't for U'frek's protection!"

"Yet, never one to give up, I decided to teleport myself and Nathan past the creature, to seek out what might lay beyond and find the source of Faldrun's search. However, we were set upon by bees... Big fiery bees."

Kisaik demonstrated with a blade formed from the light of the campfire. He tossed it this way and that, careful not to hit anyone or anything. He demonstrated his moves in dealing with these menacing insects. "After an epic battle, we managed to hold off the bees for a time, until we heard a scream coming from the first chamber, the egg chamber. Once I heard that, I pulled myself and Nathan into another portal, back to where we'd come from."

"However, something must have happened, or perhaps U'frek snatched Nathan, as he didn't appear with me in the egg chamber. So it as me and Tei'serin against the Aukari."

He demonstrated more of his derring-do in physical dance with his light sword, showing them how he darted through the air on wings of orange fairy dust, through snapshot portals, using every trick in his arsenal to turn aside their attacks. "But in the end, even my prowess couldn't deal with the last of them. They had us cornered, ready to start burning us. Then, out of nowhere, a real live Dragon attacked them! It burst out of the rocks of the caverns. She was the most fearsome, brilliant sight I've ever seen. Vindecaldra, the Forge of Rebirth, burst out of the earth and easily swept aside the last of the Aukari with her dragonlings' help. Who'd already hatched, by the way, and had in fact helped keeping their guardian and the bees at bay during the Aukari battle."

He sighed, and looked down at his trinkets earned during that battle. "I lost my arm in the battle with the Aukari. Vindecaldra promised me that should I work at becoming stronger, for my service in helping to free her, I will be able to accept her effigy. So this is yet another quest! And one that I'm determined to see to the next horizon!"

"She sent me back to where I'd come from afterward, and there I found Peter the Panhandler. He nursed me back to health, watching over me as I recovered through the next few days, and regrew my lost arm." Kisaik showed them up his sleeve, the glowing veins in it that still lingered as fracture scars.

"And that's the story about how I earned the title Akoko Nọọsi. Freer of Flame."

word count: 1870
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

The dragonling’s eyes followed him, Doran observed and furrowed his brow very lightly. As unusual as the creature was, it seemed to be kind and gentle though, and thus he allowed himself to be relaxed and watch it with interest rather than keeping his distance. Upon hearing Kisaik call it a dragonling of Vindecaldra – he had no idea who or what exactly Vindecaldra was – his eyes widened slightly as it sounded almost as if ... by the Immortals, had the dragons finally returned?

“I’m pleased to make your acquaintance, Aquarius”, he spoke a moment later, when Kisaik introduced his companion, before he bowed as such noble a creature should be treated with respect in his opinion. Once he had done so, he turned to face the Tunawa again. “Thank you”, he remarked, referring to the fact that he had called him “Dean Thetys”. “This evening, I will just be Doran though”, he added. He was quite proud of his position, but that trial, he would just be a friend among friends.

A couple of bits after he had arrived at the Shellknight Lodge, Vega waddled into view. The daughter of Faldrun was not only very, very pregnant, Doran observed, she was also being accompanied by an enormous lioness, the kind of which he had never seen before. He could not help but wonder how she had come by her, and if she had anything to do with Daia. He remembered something about the Immortal and her lions from the Mummer’s Ball in Rharne which had coincidently been when she had marked him.

“I am indeed a healer. I’ve been working as a doctor for arcs, both in Ne’haer and in Viden”, he replied so that she would know that she would be in good hands when she talked about going into labor. “As Sir Chip has said, let us know if there is anything that we can do to make you more comfortable”, he continued only in order to fall silent when she mentioned a certain biqaj tradition. He listened to her attentively. When she spoke about naming three people that would take care of her children, he smiled, a smile of genuine happiness.

Vega wanted him to more or less become part of her clan and a member of her family. To the son of Ziell whose mortal relatives had died a long time ago and who doubted that there were descendants of his anywhere in Idalos, this was something extraordinary, and he immediately replied, “I’d be honored to be there for your children, to care for them in case Arlo and you are unable to and be their uncle. I thank you, Vega, from the bottom of my heart”, he added and inclined his head.

A few moments later, when she mentioned that Arlo had met a dragon, too, he raised an eyebrow slightly, but he did not have time to ask her about it as it was just then that two more people decided to join them.

Neither Elisabeth nor Praetorum greeted Vega and him, but he did not think much of it. This was a rather informal setting after all, and they were likely distracted by the presence of Aquarius. “Miss Angelus, Praetorum, it is good to see you two again”, he greeted them in a calm tone of voice, briefly wondering if the Ithecal had a last name as well before he found glanced at the small creature on his shoulder. Apparently, those dragon-like beings came in different shapes and sizes. Unless it was something else?

He thought about that for a moment.

When he noticed that Kisaik was about to begin telling his story, he stopped pondering dragons and Ithecal naming conventions though and passed the tin with cookies around so that the others would be able eat them while they listened if they wanted to (He wasn’t sure when Vega would distribute her food.). Once he had done that, he leaned back slightly and focused his attention on the Tunawa. Sir Chip, he decided was a skilled storyteller, and the adventure that he had found himself in had been quite exciting.

Doran had himself under near-perfect control most of the time, but when Kisaik spoke of the Heart of the World and U’frek, and Faldrun’s plans, he looked noticeably surprised. It seemed as if the fate of the world might have been at stake for a second time within just a couple of seasons.

He furrowed his brow for a moment as he wondered why his father’s kin – or their agents - fought so often, and why there couldn’t simply be peace among them, before he focused on the story again. When Kisaik demonstrated how he had dealt with the fiery bees (He couldn’t help but wonder where those creatures had come from.), he resisted the urge to applaud (Doing so might have distracted the Tunawa.). Sir Chip was quite a gifted actor!

When Kisaik reached the part of the story with the dragon and mentioned that he had lost his arm during the battle against the Aukari, the Mortalborn held his breath for a moment, and then, when he was finished, he finally clapped his hands, quite enthusiastically.

“You are truly a hero, Akoko Nọọsi”, he remarked, pronouncing Kisaik’s newest title somewhat slowly in order to make sure that he did so correctly and smiled.

A moment later, he wanted to know, “Did you ever find out what Faldrun’s agents were looking for in the Heart of the World and if they found it? I assume that his plans were ultimately thwarted as you are with us now?” he continued and fell silent for a bit in order to give him the opportunity to answer. He couldn’t help but wonder what the Immortal had wanted – and what the daughter of Faldrun that was with them now thought of it.

“And did Vindecaldra tell you anything about her kind?” he then wanted to know. “Dragons were a part of this world once upon a time. There are pictures of winged lizards in the Shrine of Fei on Immortal’s Tongue. It seems as if there was a war between the Originals and the dragons once”, he explained in a thoughtful tone of voice. He knew that there had been a fight, but not why they had fought.

Had it been the usual fight for dominance that was so common no matter what kind of beings you were dealing with, or something different?

“You did not mention Arlo or Praetorum in your story”, he finally remembered and cast a glance at the Ithecal and his dragonet once more. “Were all three of you involved in similar stories independently from each other then?” he asked – and wondered how it could be that he had not heard anything about an event of such a magnitude until now.

Even as he posed that question, he came up with new questions. Kisaik had mentioned something that was called an effigy, for example. He refrained from asking what it was though. Asking too many questions at the same time might cause Kisaik to get overwhelmed, and he didn’t want that to happen.

With that thought in mind, he waited for Kisaik to hopefully answer the questions that he had posed, smiling as the evening already promised to be just as memorable an experience as the last one, despite the fact that parts of Kisaik’s story had been quite concerning.
word count: 1258

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1724
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

16th Vhalar, 721

One of the things that pregnancy had taught her, Vega knew, was the pleasure of sitting down and just not moving for a moment. It was not something which she did often, in fairness, and she found it very strange to enjoy it, but there was a real pleasure in just being still. She smiled and nodded when Doran said he was a medic and would help if needed. "It's a'right," she said. "It's not happenin' tonight, an' I'm right comfortable as I am. I like bein' pregnant, it's not uncomfortable at all. Jus' all big an' swollen an' full of emotion." The truth of the last part of that was obvious when Doran accepted her request to be part of the clan and Vega's eyes sparkled with tears. "That's good news," she said with a smile and then grinned at the both of them. "There will come a trial, very soon, where I'm not pregnant an' I don't cry at the drop of a hat." She'd be back to thumping in no time, Vega was sure.

Vega was intrigued by the dragonling, Aquarius, and she moved over to meet the beautiful creature. "Forge of Rebirth? I'd love to hear about that, Sir Chip," Vega said, softly. She looked at Aquarius and smiled, reaching out carefully. "You're beautiful, you are." But then, she sat herself back down and stopped fussing.

Elisabeth and Praetorum walked in just then, as the conversation turned around to dragonlings and dragonets and Vega raised an eyebrow, but said nothing as Elisabeth spoke of being pulled to Rynmere. "Hello you two," she said, with a smile. "Welcome to our little group of tale tellers," she said. She was aware of a sudden tension in the air, like there was something unsaid and Vega didn't like that at all. Praetorum spoke of having been pulled to Yaralon, and Vega frowned ever so slightly. Something was a little odd, she thought, about what was happening here. Elisabeth and Praetorum had arrived together and Praetorum had a teacup-dragonet with him, so obviously others had met dragons, yet Elisabeth had spoken of it like she was only now learning of it. Being who she was, Vega put it down to her not being aware of stuff and so she shifted a little, her discomfort not physical but from an awareness of the change in atmosphere.

Thankfully, Sir Chip could be relied on to pull them in to the situation and so he did. She cast aside concerns and listened to her friend. He spoke a tale of amazing adventure, starting with a search for driftwood tunawa and moving on to events the like of which Vega could hardly comprehend. When the tale was finished, she joined Doran in the applause he gave. "That's well amazin' that is, Sir Chip," she nodded as she said it. It was amazing to her what he said. Vindecaldra wanted him to become stronger? "I can help you get better with the sword, if you want, or stronger. I'm the best swordsfighter I've ever met or seen, an' I'd be happy to help you." There was no false modesty in what Vega said, there was simply truth - she didn't know how to do false anything, frankly. "It'd be my pleasure to help Akoko Nọọsi. In Rakahi, we'd name your tale esh’ve qe'at , a tale of great heroics, but a spoken tale, a lived one." Those were the tales which had the most validity in her culture, the ones which spoke of a life lived well.

Leaning forward, Vega put down the food she'd brought with her - chocolate cake, small savoury treats, things like that. Arlo had prepared them, so they were delicious and Vega picked up a small individual chocolate cake. "I'm so please to know you, Sir Chip. That's well brave that is. You are. Thank you for your tale, it was a gift." Doran had questions, and they were good ones. Of Arlo, though, she shook her head. "Nah, he ended up in Uthaldria, in a museum with some woman who's Delroth's daughter. Arlo hasn't said much about her, but judgin' by the way he hasn't said much, she's both very beautiful an' very irritatin'. They met a dragon who has a museum, apparently. History an' stuff." Boffin material, she considered and then she grinned at Doran and Elisabeth. "Right up your two's alley way, I reckon. All that big-brain stuff. Vindecaldra sounds more like my kind of dragon. Thwappin' people for righteousness an' all that."

As for Faldrun? Vega shrugged slightly. "Faldrun's dead," she said quietly. But she said no more than that on that topic. "So, Dean Doran, what's your tale this time?" She was really looking forward to it. "Anyone wants a snack, dig in. Arlo's an amazin' cook, go for it!"
word count: 842

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Arc 721, 16 Vhalar

She knew Pratorum had been Immortal-napped to somewhere, but she was still wrapping her mind around the involvement of more people she knew in different places. Regardless, there were people to greet, meet, and stories to tell.

Inclining her head gently as Kisaik bowed to her, she spoke softly. "The pleasure is mine, I assure you. Thank you for the lovely invitation and hosting." He introduced Vega and Doran, to which Elisabeth nodded, turning to greet both "Vega, I'm so glad to see you here. And Professor, a pleasure to see you again."

It seemed that storytime was about to begin. Elisabeth found a place to sit next to Praetorum and graciously accepted a cookie for the tin Doran passed around, thanking him, and then remembering that she had brought something too. Reaching into her bag, she drew out a paper bag filled with peanut brittle. Her cooking skills were adequate, but she was still learning and practicing. Luckily, the recipe's hardest part was waiting for the sugar mixture to reach the right temperature.

Passing the bag of sweets around, Elisabeth then settled in to listen to Kisaik's story, and what a story it was. The Tunawa's adventure differed from hers, but some similar elements allowed Elisabeth to analyze them. The Aukari, for one. Dragons seemed to be another common theme, as was being asked to do a task by an Immortal. She'd have to ponder over the details more. Perhaps she could learn more by doing so, considering they hadn't been left with any more information than when Raskalarn set them loose.

When he finished, Doran spoke first, asking questions Elisabeth might have asked herself. Vega complimented the Tunawa, and Elisabeth couldn't help but do the same. "Wonderful story, Kisaik! You brought the elements to life – you have a true gift with words. I am lucky to have met someone as noble and true as you. What an adventure you had." It was the truth, in her eyes. There weren't many who could endure an adventure like Kisaik had while keeping true to himself and protecting others. It was a rare thing.

Having not spoken to a dragon herself, she did have one lingering question. "Excuse me, if I may ask, what is an effigy?" It wasn't a term she had heard before regarding a dragon, so Elisabeth's curious mind wanted to know.

Doran also asked about Arlo and Praetorum's involvement in the events, and Elisabeth listened to Vega answer on Arlo's behalf. He had gone to a different place too. So far, she knew of Praetorum to Yaralon, Kisaik to the Heart of the World, Arlo to Uthaldria, and she and Balthazar to Rynmere.

Vega mentioned a museum in Uthaldria, grinning as she noted that it was probably something both Doran and Elisabeth would be interested in. Smiling back at the redhead, Elisabeth nodded. "You know me well, Vega. If it's not a library, it's a museum." Turning to Doran, she smiled. "Race you to Uthaldria, Professor?" she teased light-heartedly.

Vega pronounced that Faldrun was dead. Elisabeth had heard the rumors of Faldrun and others but hadn't known what to make of it.

Grabbing a few more snacks from the ones Vega offered and thanking her, Elisabeth settled back again to listen to Doran's story, starting to silently consider what story she wanted to tell.

word count: 579
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik was mollified by the reception his humble story received from his friends. In truth, he was not the greatest storyteller, but what he lacked in technical skill to bring the story alive with good pacing and accurate recall, he made up for in enthusiasm in the telling.

When Doran asked what the Aukari might have been seeking, Kisaik had to shake his head, "Alas, we never found out. Only that we failed to prevent them from retrieving it. I suspect this Doctor Revel may have had a hand in that, but I cannot prove it."

Kisaik tapped his chin with his fracture scarred hand, and furrowed his leafy brow, "She herself didn't tell us much, but just before Doctor Revel disappeared, we all received an amazing vision from a long long time ago. Before I was born or really probably any mortal today had been born. This scene showed Ethelynda, with her forebear, and what could only be a great dragon creature. Ethelynda was sad as if she was sacrificing something, but for the greater good as she must always, as is her noble nature."

"As for Effigy, Vindecaldra offered it to me when I prove myself strong enough, but I never learned exactly what it is. Perhaps a weapon, or a trinket of great power? Perhaps something like the marks that Immortals have been known to bestow. I don't know!"

Kisaik merely shook his head at the mention of Arlo and Praetorum. They hadn't been there with Kisaik himself.

"Perhaps you should meet Vindecaldra, Lady Vega. I'm sure she'd find you refreshing, and maybe you'd even find out what she means by Effigy. She only told me that I should ask Aquarius when I'm ready, and he will spirit me away to Vindecaldra, where she will bestow the favor upon me. Perhaps all you need do is ask Aquarius yourself? I don't really know."

"I would love to learn sword-fighting from you, Vega! By reputation, you are among the best fighters in the world. It would be an honor."

When the confirmation came from Vega that Faldrun was dead, Kisaik's blood ran cold. He knew she had a bad relationship with him, her Immortal forebear, so didn't quite know how to respond to that. Consolation? Congratulation? In the end, he supposed neither would do. It only seemed sad to Kisaik, that she would never reconcile with him, one way or the other. But as for her own feelings on the matter, Kisaik couldn't tell.

When Elisabeth chimed in with her opinion on the tale he'd told, Kisaik puffed up with pride. "It was a good experience, as harrowing as it was. I highly recommend getting into a battle with the enemies of the world. I was outnumbered and outclassed, but I used all my tricks to last as long as I could, to hold the line until Vindecaldra could revive."

Kisaik was pleased with himself by this point, and so partook of the food that was on offer by Vega and the others. He took a snack, and then looked expectantly at Doran. Praetorum was rather quiet, but Kisaik didn't blame him for his silence. Perhaps he was shocked or lost in thought? In any event, it was now Doran's turn to tell a tale.
word count: 562

Your thread has been reviewed and its rewards issued! See your request here. Manage your rewards here.

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”