Nerdmail (Perdita's Letters)

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Nerdmail (Perdita's Letters)

Letters, correspondence, etc. Here we go :D
word count: 6
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Nerdmail (Perdita's Letters)

Date: 1st of Ymiden 721
Where: Perdita's Echo Scroll

Miss Westcott:

It's been some time since I sent you to investigate further the matter we spoke of. I regret not sending word sooner as things took a spiral midway through Ashan. However, I thought I'd keep you up to date in case you tried to reach me at the wrong address.

I've given my former residence to my old servant, Soraia, as a parting gift to her and am staying elsewhere. I won't say where I'm staying until I receive word back from you that you're well, in case the scroll has fallen into unfriendly hands.

I do hope you've been well. Botany would enjoy meeting you again, as would Breen. I still have the portraits you drew of the former, and they always catch the eyes of visitors. Should you receive this, I'd like to hire you sometime in this new Cycle to do a portrait of Botany, and Iago. Eventually, I anticipate having portraits of all my family done by your hand. They're sure to catch in value once you become a celebrated artist. I will offer the same rate for the portraiture as last time, although I'm open to negotiation whether upwards or downwards. Whichever you're comfortable with.

Sincerely,
Woe Morandi

P.S. Iago has finally learned the common language. In time, he became a really good study of languages. I'm sure he'll be talking your ear off should you find your way back to us.

word count: 263
Image*Image*Image
Woe
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 2nd of Vhalar 721
Where: Perdita's Echo Scroll

Miss Westcott:

It's wonderful to hear that you're safe and sound. I have to admit I was worried that something may have befallen you as a result of our projects and association. Anyway, I'm glad that it was a family matter that kept you from replying. Hopefully, that is resolved to your satisfaction.

I would indeed like to see if you could paint or possibly draw my dog Botany, and perhaps my sons. Iago you've met, and he's been learning Common very well. Toutouye only speaks in sign, and can be shy around heavily settled place, so we'd have to meet in an open space likely. Perhaps a park.

I also wanted to inform you that I'm looking for good people to work for me, if you're interested in doing research as a form of employment. I'll understand if not, as things we do for enjoyment can be spoiled by pursuing them professionally. The business is called Egilrun Confidential. I'll be holding a job fair on the 41st of Vhalar, perhaps then you can come by and see what you think of the establishment? The business is geared toward employing all manner of professionals for the purposes of solving problems and filling labor needs of clients around the Island.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Woe Morandi

word count: 239
Image*Image*Image
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

To Miss Perdita Westcott

20 Ashan, Arc 722

Balthazar Black
&
Elisabeth Angelus

Invite you to share in the joy of their wedding.

100th of Ashan, Arc 722

Haven, Faldrass Island, Scalvoris.

word count: 27
Woe
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 1st of Cylus 723
Where: From Egilrun to Perdita's Echo Scroll

Dear Miss Westcott:

My family is well enough, for most intents and purposes. Barring any unfortunate theatrics they have been getting along. Breen sends his love of course.

I'm concerned that your mother is not well. Is there anything to be done for her? Perhaps I can help. I have some connections in the Order of the Adunih, and know some things about healing as well. At any rate, it was the right decision to look after your family, and if Rharne is the place to do that then so be it.

I'm interested and have been exploring opportunities to make it to Rharne. Perhaps as the weather clears after Cylus, sometime in early Ashan I might visit. But for now there is so much that requires my time in Egilrun.

Your friend, Eli's shop sounds like a very promising venture. He's an engineer of sorts, isn't he? I wouldn't mind having a look around his shop when I happen to call.

I thank you for the offer to help promote the products of Egilrun in Rharne. I think that is a very worthwhile offer, and I'd like to take you up on it. I'll wager Rharne has a good demand for quality glass work. They have a section in that city called the Glass Quarter, do they not? Is glass a common export for Rharne, then? We should take a look around that quarter when I'm next in Rharne, which should be early Ashan, if I can manage it.

Sincerely,
Woe Morandi

word count: 275
Image*Image*Image
Diana
Approved Character
Profession: Thing of Rumour
Renown: 40
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A peculiar correspondence came in the form of a word-of-mouth invitation to Perdita Westcott, in her workstation at the Illluminations Books and Fine Arts.

A woman had been coming into the shop in the evening, up until the very end of Zi'da, asking for Perdita and asking if she could interview him on her experience in the Burning of Rharne, and the aftermath.

If necessary, she was allowed to bring along a friend if it made her more comfortable, but he request was to meet at a tavern of her choice at nighit, to hear her story and aid a budding chronicler to record the current events of Rharne and beyond.

When asked what this woman looked like or her name, the worker at the Illuminations would merely shrug, having somehow forgotten them apart from the message they left.
word count: 142
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”