[Location] Temple of Delroth Topic is solved

This is the final resting place of approved dev pieces. Items in here have been placed in the appropriate repositories / indexes / forums etc.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Location] Temple of Delroth

Temple of Delroth
For a long time, there had only been a dilapidated little shrine in that spot just outside of Scalvoris Town. People – and there were a lot of people as the area got a lot of foot traffic – had wrinkled their noses when they had looked at it and remarked that the Council should remove that terrible eyesore. Rats had done their business in it, among other things.

In Ymiden 718, the shrine finally received a new priest, Devin Thorn, who had decided to restore the shrine. He’d travelled as far as Desnind in order to find treasure to decorate it with. The shrine that was no bigger than a garden shed began to look quite beautiful as a consequence, as a shrine that is dedicated to the Immortal of Vanity should.

In Ashan 721, it received a magnificent extension.

The little shrine with its white walls that are decorated with red and golden ornaments, its altar, its golden benches, its bird sculptures and its tapestries is part of something much bigger now.

The exceedingly complex and luxurious building follows a similar color scheme as the shrine that has become a place for private ceremonies and prayers rather than a location where masses are being held.

The walls are a brilliant shade of white with delicate red and golden ornaments and painted with birds, and the benches where the congregation sits during mass are made of finely carved dark wood.

There are fancy decorations and big stained-glass windows with Delroth-themed motives that can be opened in order to let in fresh air – and wind, because wind is one of Delroth’s domains.

The central part of the main chamber is the altar behind which the glorious painting of Delroth that was originally part of the little shrine hangs – because Delroth’s face shouldn’t be hidden in a little shrine when it can be part of a much bigger temple instead.

Apart from the main chamber and the little shrine there are three more rooms in the temple – a storage room that contains all kinds of supplies that might be needed in a Temple of Delroth, a room where people can get educated about Delroth and a small private room for the High Priest Devin Thorn himself where he can change into his robes, pray and get ready for mass, among other things.

Notes

This temple was bought by the PC Devin.

It contains a huge room and three average rooms and is Tier 10.

Jobs (as an acolyte, for example) are available here!

Image used: "Birds on branches stone wall art" by Wingsancora93, available under CC BY-SA 4.0/resized, but otherwise untouched.

Player Notes

! Message from: Pegasus
Please leave this for me to fill in

Changelog

Credits to: Devin
Submitted for Development: August 27th, 2021
Developed by: DEVIN
word count: 474

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: [Location] Temple of Delroth

Hi Devin!

I'm happy to approve this, but I just want to check - do you want to have it posted on your account and keep it an open / pc-run location, or as a normal Scalv location? I'm happy with either, and I suspect the latter, but I thought I should check!
word count: 54
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

I'm actually not sure what would be best (PC-run location or normal Scalv location).

What do you think?
word count: 20

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Devin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:38 pm I'm actually not sure what would be best (PC-run location or normal Scalv location).

What do you think?
I think it's entirely up to you! I can't imagine that it will get a lot of people visiting, but if you're happy to have a pc run location, it might be a good chance for random stories! But up to you! If you want, give it a try and if you want it changed to mod-run, then we can always change it if it's not working for you!
word count: 103

Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Let's give a PC run location a try first then. Who knows, maybe someone will visit or even want to help out at the temple?
word count: 26

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Excellent - well then, if you post it up in the right place, put some direction for people there, telling them how you want them to interact with you/ the location (post in it, post and link, etc) - then link it here and I'll put it in location linkmaps and stuff.
word count: 51

Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Done!

I posted the temple in the Scalvoris Town forum.

Eventually, I'll also develop a Personal NPC assistant for Devin so that I can more or less interact with PCs that visit the temple even when Devin isn't in town.

How does that sound?
word count: 46

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Avalon
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Perfect. I'll double-check and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be! Thank you!
word count: 18
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Completed Development”