Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Ruin's Dawn: Storied Gold

Because Oram’s not clever enough to think of “William the Honkeror”

Six doorknobs. Six. Oram glared at them resentfully. It didn’t help that the light was dim, and colored. Willing himself to calm down, letting the calming influence of the continuing music dampen his irritation, the trapper focused on the array of knobs, attempting to work out a pattern.

The argument between the rest of the party and the disembodied voice appeared to have abated, but the tranquility didn’t last long. Even as that died down, the honking chorus heard earlier grew rapidly louder, as if in response to Kalortah’s call, and soon the corridor around them filled with fluttering, gaggling, cackling geese. The geese gave no indication of being soothed by the music. Oram frowned and made a frustrated noise. So much for being able to puzzle out the door in peace. One goose -Oram mentally dubbed it Gandersauce- seemed particularly interested in personally tormenting him, pecking at his leg whenever he tried to focus on the door.

The avriel seemed to have found his ideal, adoring audience in these birds; he sang to them, he spoke to them, he…listened to them? And, to his credit, Kalortah shared what he understood. Assuming, that is, that he told it true, though there wasn’t any obvious reason why or how he was lying. One thing the hunter knew for sure: Kalortah wasn’t trying to escape the quest before him, especially not with an appreciative chorus of admirers watching. He might, as in Sweetwine, try to hijack the enterprise to his own benefit, though, so the hunter would continue to keep a mistrustful eye upon the Delrothian.

Nudging Gandersauce aside he turned away from the door and back towards Kalortah and the others. ”So, does this mean we’re going in now, rather than trying to escape?” he asked, looking back and forth between Arlo and Zana. ”It sounds like there’s a good chance that whatever has these geese so worked up overlaps the errand our May-or-may-not-be-Cassion wants us to run.” Oram really hoped that Arlo agreed, because the last thing he wanted was to be stuck alone with Kalortah.

The Sojourn cast one more irritated look at the puzzle door. Almost as an afterthought, he pulled out a small golden compass. ”The real Cassion definitely gave me this,” he muttered. ”And as long as we make our way without getting ourselves teleported again, we should be able to find our way back with it, regardless of how many ways the tunnels split.” After that, the traveler would look expectantly at the rest of the party, awaiting their opinions on how to proceed.
word count: 454
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Living a libertine lifestyle.
Renown: 294
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Storied Gold
The only one of these wretched souls who was making more sense than the geese was that hat-wearing son of Cassion. That was quite a turn up for the books, but in the meantime the other little people were starting to give her headache.

The feathered idiot started to screech like the damn birds, hacking up some kind of song. If she could be bothered to glance in his direction, she would most certainly have told him not to give up his day job but, he had committed the ultimate, the cardinal sin, and therefore he was dead to her. Then, there was the yipping one who was blathering on about expectations and ducks. Or, he had been the last time she'd bothered to listen to him. She hadn't bothered for a few moments, it had to be said.

What little patience Zana had at the best of times was being more than tested and, being surrounded by idiots really didn't help her mood. But, as the disembodied voice didn't do what she had demanded and Arlo had asked (and explained), she turned to Arlo and she spoke to him. "It's evident to me," she said quietly. Not whispered, no, spoken so that she was obviously speaking to Arlo. If the other plebians could hear, well that they could and good for them. "That those who are paying our sulky little disembodied voice any heed are having happy little tasks to do which make them buy into this nonsense more and more. Nothing too strenuous, in case they have to think for themselves," Tilting her head in the general direction of 'over there', Zana smiled. "Geese and door knobs seems about the correct level for the Duck Brigade. I'm afraid my expectations remain rather more than that." With a small smile, she slipped off her jacket, laid it down on the floor and sat on it. "Not a thing has changed, except the disembodied voice has sloped off because we happen to think for ourselves. I have no intention of stopping that particular practice, so I'm going to stay here."

The other three were, evidently, broken and useless little things who were more than expendable - after all, they weren't her. However, having some company while she absolutely, stubbornly, and without question did not do what they were told was better than being alone. Having been kidnapped, teleported, and then teleported again - then having been given a piss-poor explanation by someone who was obviously masquerading as Cassion and then being literally imprisoned by some floating voice - because none of that had changed and the appearance of some doorknobs and a few fowl didn't change that. So, she smiled at Arlo and asked. "Would you care to join me? Your father would have no interest in a story where the outcome is predetermined, and mine would have none in a tale which began in such a fashion."

Looking at Arlo as she asked that, she considered that he was tall, well put together and would be moderately attractive if he got a hair cut and dressed like a grown up. But, she didn't say that, instead she wondered. "Do you play cards?"
Mercy, please, I'm on my knees. You're my temptation
word count: 555
PC is currently inactive. I hope to bring her back soon!
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

As you wish...Then, nothing.

That was it? To be honest, Arlo wasn't surprised. Since when had anything, any of them had done or said here made any difference? Whatever entity had brought them here, and now kept them here, could just as easily remove any one of them from the board, like a broken game piece, and plug another more complaint one right into their place. Nevertheless, Arlo was no closer to being moved blindly along, at least not willingly, than he'd been before the gaggle of, probably deceptively friendly geese joined them and tried to make nice.

But of course Kalortah seemed to have done an about face and suddenly, gleefully found his calling. "Beat it," Arlo grumbled at the goose nudging away at him, and pushed the thing away. He hated to say it, or even think it, but the son of Cassion was finding himself to be strangely more in league with the woman, or at least her current take on the situation, than anyone else present. Strange bedfellows indeed. Not literally, of course. He had a wife and a child on the way at home.

"I've one of those myself, though I have to say I haven't had reason to use it before," Arlo said when Oram spoke of his compass. As for whether they'd go on or continue an attempt at escape, he wasn't any more inclined to be led round by the nose than he'd been from the very beginning. "Delroth's daughter is right. I don't believe it's Cassion that brought us here. I could always be wrong," he admitted. "But what I am sure of is that the Cassion I know, there's nothing he'd hate more than a predictable story with a predictable outcome, much less predictable characters that blindly follow along with the script. This has been nothing but choreographed from the start."

He wasn't remotely clear about why he, or any of them should care about Faldrun's, Kata's or Maste's search for power and riches, or some childish squabble between Delroth and Qylios. Or about a bunch of music loving geese and their missing eggs. If they as mortals or mortal born didn't even rate so much as a reasonably clear explanation or even a please or thank you from the powers that be, then damn some ridiculous, dusty old oath. Let them settle their own grievances. Or better, stop stirring them up in the first place.

"You two carry on if you must," he said to Oram and Kalortah. "I think I'll remain with Zana, and maybe we'll put our heads together and find another way out. As for you, Fowler Goosestep," he added, speaking to the overly friendly goose while taking a load off his feet to join Zana and, maybe, plan an alternate course of action, "Do you know," he added, addressing Zana in particular. "that properly roasted wild goose melts in your mouth like butter and tastes like the finest, rarest roast beef? But better. And rendered goose fat," he added, pulling a deck of cards out of his pack and shuffling them, 'is the Immortal's greatest gift to pan fried potatoes. Lady's choice," he said, handing the freshly shuffled deck of cards to Zana.
word count: 560
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Alyssia looked over at the group confused about the sudden shift when it came to Arlo. He had been for finding out what was happening then when they were teleported inside that changed. Had he suddenly become too afraid to go on with their task. Taking a deep breath, she walked forward to look around the area as they all argued. The strange noise the voice had made nearly gave the girl a headache. There had to be some way to go without following down the only path she saw.

The teen moved off to the side as the group continued to discuss staying right where they were or leaving. As the Aukari watched, she was shocked to see that so many had looked brave ready to go forward and protect the world. Yet just because they could not see who was telling them where to go, the group decided against it. When Kal began to speak in goose noises, she tilted her head very confused. The girl covered her ears when a whole flock suddenly came running in making all kinds of noises. They seemed to be more intent on learning about the rest of the group while ignoring her.

Small bird eyes staring at her made the teen back up more tilting her head down some. When Kal explained about someone being in trouble and eggs missing, the teen looked at the tunnel. If she went alone, there was no way that the girl could protect herself from danger as she had no weapons with her. But no one else seemed to want to go. So, she made her way as quietly as she could towards the cave. Stopping at first the teen felt her heart hammer against her ribcage in fear. She carefully glanced back seeing that the whole flock of birds were still huddled around the group even as Arlo talked about killing and cooking one.

“I won’t let Saoire down like I did the Baron,” Alyssia whispered, “I hope that the pretty birds don’t get mad at me. Though Golden Flock doesn’t seem right, they sound more like a Wind Storm.”

She did not want to draw attention to herself as the girl began to make her way into the tunnel. Her ears began to ring with how loud her heart was pounding against her chest making her blood flow increase. Alyssia knew she would have to calm her nerves, or her fire could take control and hurt everyone.

word count: 417
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Saun 35, Arc 721

The geese continued their invasion of the small group, reacting to the various actions of those present. ‘Gandersauce’ followed Oram excitedly, pecking forgotten...for the moment.

Zana had flopped her jacket down and sat on the ground upon it, putting her on the same level as the Duck Brigade, managing to encourage a few to come over to her, pecking at the jacket beneath. ‘Fowler Goosestep’, as Arlo had named him, tilted his head curiously as he was spoken to by the man, but decided as well to give a few well-placed pecks to the back of Arlo’s jacket.

As for Alyssia, they had kept their distance from her before, but now one approached from the so-called Wind Storm, rubbing its head gently against her leg, nudging her as she started moving into the tunnel, away from the others. The goose got in front of the girl, slowing her progress dramatically.

The behavior of the geese seemed intentional with motivation behind their actions. What that motivation was, was up to the interpretation of the individual.

Kalortah reached out to the nearest one….and sang to the Golden Flock. The moment his voice rose, like that of the music that had been haunting them since their arrival, the geese settled from a cacophony of noise to something of a dull roar. Personalities and differences emerged, although the avriel was the only one that could even begin to decipher what was going on with the babbling geese and their symphony of words. There was a mixture of excitement, sadness and fear within the words being spoken. Still, it was a lot of geese so being able to tell who was saying what would be a bit of challenge.

Why aren’t they moving?

Is she just short or young? It’s so hard to tell with them…

We must hurry…

If they come to hurt them, are there enough of us? We’ve lost so many…

Her hair is so pretty….

The music….

Regardless of being calm, the geese still continued to interact with the entirety of the group. Kalortah's singing only managed to level out the excitement. They were still upset. That much was clear....

What was also clear, was a voice. This time, only Arlo, Zana and Oram heard it sound in their minds, tone different, and the words faded in and out, as though some might have been cut out or maybe words just lost along the way? The reason would not be apparent.

“…..but why… you here if not…help?” The voice sounded confused and the delivery was much different from the first time, but they would all recognize it as the same one that spoke to them before.

“I…n’t bring you here. How did you get into the Vault?”

The voice faded once again, quiet for a moment before it came back, almost softer than before…”body isn’t awake yet….”

The goose Kalortah had chosen to speak to gazed at him curiously, body moving from side to side as she told him what she could.

Hid the eggs….

The key to the exits was stolen…

Before they could get further into the details, a loud
‘HONNNNNNNNNNNNK’
came from down the hallway. Urgent and abrupt, it got the attention of the others, who promptly began getting excited again, picking up the pace with their nipping behaviors.

Go. Must go. Bad people coming…

Must take them to the safe place…

Two of the larger geese set off back down the hallway, full speed, disappearing down the corridor, past Alyssia. Before long, loud screams in a language Alyssia would recognize as Vauni rang out. The geese with the group became increasingly insistent, nipping at the group's clothing a bit more and then suddenly, en mass, racing down the hallway, almost running Alyssia over.

All but one.

The goose before Kalortah pecked at his leg, communicating frantically.

"It is not safe here anymore..."

Last words before she too took off down the corridor, paying no mind to the owl that flew towards the group, whom Kalortah would recognize as Glorious.

Zana - Objectives Met!

A Gaggle of Geese! You named one of the geese or the collective! ~ This will have positive consequence at the end of the thread.

Oram - Objectives Met!

A Gaggle of Geese! You named one of the geese or the collective! ~ This will have positive consequence at the end of the thread.

Arlo- Objectives Met!

Kalortah - Objectives Met!

Alyssia – Objectives Met!

Info & Rules

• Now that we're getting significantly into the story part, any non-posting will have a greater effect on both the story itself and the other PCs. Therefore, we are adopting an approach of "two strikes" - miss one round of posting and there are IC consequences at the end of the thread. If a second round is missed, the PC(s) in question will be written out of the thread and a negative consequence will be given. If there is going to be an issue for you, please contact your mod or Basilisk at the earliest moment, in order to work out where to go from here.

Please note that these rules will apply to all players in this thread. When we move to the next stage of this Global Event, however, it will be a no-strikes policy, which Basilisk will make explicit.

Your deadline to post is Monday July 12th at 11:59pm.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was created by a wonderful moderator named Crimson. I had forgotten all about it until I saw Peg used it here. Thanks to Crimson for the amazing mod style, and to Peg for seeing it carried forward for the enjoyment of future writers. It's a legacy very much worth continuing. Much love to you both!
  • You are all so pretty....

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives

• None this round

! Message from: Can-Do Objectives
  • None this round

Deadline to Post: Monday 12th of July 11:59pm
Next Post: Tuesday 13th of July

Last edited by Avalon on Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1084
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

! Message from: Basilisk
Kalortah, Alyssia, if you should go looking for Zana and Arlo, you will find that they have both disappeared.

Zana, Arlo, your continuing adventures in the Global can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=414&t=27388
word count: 39
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ranger-in-Chief
Renown: 960
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The five adventurers -Three, sir!- Yes, the three adventurers.

Oram was going to run out of scowls at this rate. He had one for each and every member the group, for various reasons. That included himself. He was being dense somehow, and it wasn’t just because Pretty Lady was so distractingly and out-of-place pretty. If the Cassion who had spoken to them wasn’t really Cassion, who or what was he? Who had both the power, the gall, and some reason to reach out across the world and transport all of them *here*, and for what reason? And why hadn’t he, as a Sojourn, been able to tell it wasn’t Cassion. Weren’t they supposed to just know?

Most of the group had thought of nothing but escape. Oram could understand their annoyance at being abducted; he felt the same way. What he didn’t understand was the lack of curiosity, as well as the lack of any interest in working together. The geese had better teamwork and more interest in what was going on. Oram scowled down at Gandersauce, as the thing pecked at his leg. ”Keep that up, and I’ll pluck you bald,” he muttered, as he turned away from the impossible multi-knobbed door to head back down the tunnel.

Arlo and Zana had pulled aside to do something. Playing…cards?! Kalortah was still gabbling with the gaggle. And Alyssia was - ”Alyssia!” Oram shouted, eyes widening in alarm. ”What are you doing? Are you trying to get yourself killed? Don’t wander off! No, I don’t think the Baron would want you doing that.” The hunter scrambled down the corridor towards her, pecking goose in tow, to make sure he didn’t lose sight of her.

The hunter could still hear the voice from earlier, but only faintly. It seemed confused, which was not reassuring. Even less reassuring was the strident, alarmed honking that came from down the hall, which sent the geese frantically scurrying back down the tunnel from whence they’d come. Even less reassuring that *that* was the fact that Arlo and Zana had disappeared. They had been sitting down over there to play cards just a few trills ago. ”Arlo?” Oram called out uncertaintly. Nothing. Not a trace of him nor of the women.

Turning back with a puzzled scowl -at this rate it might be one of his last- Oram looked at the remaining two. ”It’s just the three of us now.” He pointed at Kalortah with his spear and then down the tunnel. ”Why don’t you lead the way. You can talk to the birds; we can’t. I guess that makes this your show now.” It annoyed him to say something that would stroke Kal’s ego, but it might just help keep him on his best behavior for a bit. What was more, it might actually be true.

With an annoyed sigh he looked at Alyssia. ”And you, young lady,” he said, trying unsuccessfully not to sound like a scolding elder. ”You stick with me and don’t wander off again! Arlo and Zana did that, and now they’ve vanished. I don’t need the same thing happening to you.” Annoyed and disappointed as he was with Arlo and Zana, Oram hoped they were alright, and that the three of them would find the pair safe.

Oram would let Kal go first, partly to let the avriel feel like he was in charge, and partly to keep the treacherous birdman in front of him. Should they ever find themselves trapped in a caved-in chamber or something, the hunter was going to have some hard questions for Kal. Until then, it was time to find out where the geese were going, and what had them so alarmed. With that alarm in mind, Oram kept his spear at the ready, and his eyes and ears open.
word count: 656
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Kalortah
Approved Character
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kalortah had all but forgotten about the two who disappeared, and now had only Oram and the girl to think of at the moment. It was Alyssia, the aukari child he’d met in Yaralon, and Oram the scowling rube who’d been with the group that rebuked him as he claimed the tree in the Sweetwine for Delroth. It wasn’t the best company in the world, but at least they had the Golden Flock with them. Kalortah had to be glad for that much, at least.

When Oram made the vaguely threatening gesture of pointing his spear at him, the Avriel only quirked an eyebrow. But then, he expected no better from the likes of that woodland hobo. The assertion that this was ‘Kalortah’s show now’ did nothing to stoke his ego, in point of fact. Kalortah already knew it was his show to run. And so it was, he led the way, urging the geese onward. He spoke to them in his normal voice, but by virtue of his Birdtongue, he could be understood by them. ”Very well, my wonderful birds… Oh Glorius…” Kalortah greeted his owl, accepting it upon his shoulder if it would land there. Once it was safely on his shoulder, he proceeded to tell the Geese what they could do.

”Tell me about your eggs, and lead us to safety, there we can try and find out the situation, and form some sort of plan?” Kalortah didn’t think to ask what the rest of the group felt about that particular course of action. He was in charge here, for whatever reason, and he would follow his own nose.

In a sense, he was glad to be rid of Zana Delroth. There really rarely was a situation where Kalortah could take the presence of another Tarouz. There simply wasn’t enough room in the space they occupied for all of their egos. And so, naturally, one had risen to the cream of the crop. And that was Kalortah, who was more adored by Delroth out of all of them, naturally.

His only words to the people that were accompanying him, were thus, ”Come along now. Let us follow these geese. I think we can trust them to at least act in their own self interest. So given the dangers that lie beneath, we ought to trust their familiarity, perhaps…” It was unlike Kalortah to use such language, hedging his own judgment, but despite himself he was uncertain.

It was punctuated, the uncertainty, by the fact that he now drew his adamantite, masterwork rapier from its sheath. He was ready to defend the Golden Flock to the death, should anything happen.

”And be nice to Gandersauce, woodman. These geese have suffered terribly at the hands of whoever invaded this place.”

word count: 467
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Alyssia looked down as one of the geese finally got brave enough to come near her. She stood still letting it get used to her before trying to continue down the tunnel. When it nudged her leg, the girl smiled glad it wasn’t mad at her anymore. Even when it came to animals the teen did not want to be the reason for someone to be upset. She decided to continue to down the tunnels with or without the others. When Oram turned and realized that the teen was leaving, the girl jumped and looked back at him. A part of her should have known better than to try and go alone, but no one else seemed to be concerned.

So, the teen would do what must be done no matter what the cost. She owed that much to Karem, Saoire, and the late Baron von Smooglenuff. Alyssia had been meaning to speak with Nir’wei about helping him whenever she could in order to pay back her debt to Karem and Sovar. Her mind wondered back to the wolf from her realm, and how he had been as soft as the other wolves. The teen looked when Oram called to her and even reprimanded her saying it was not what the Baron would have wanted. Perhaps he was right and that was not how the Baron wanted her to act. But Alyssia could not just stand around and wait for everyone else to decide to care.

“Maybe not, but I made a promise to him and Lady Saoire. That I would uphold their names and bring honor to them. Even if there is a possibility of this being a trap, I won’t just stand here and wait. Standing around is what caused the destruction of the Smooglenuff Manor and brought the late Baron to his end. If it had not been for Karem stepping in, then I and one other would have died that day as well. I will not see my home threatened again,” Alyssia stated looking at the man.

When the geese all suddenly took off after a loud honk, the teen barely moved in time to keep from getting knocked over. Confused, she looked over at Kalortah who prepared to take the lead as he could speak with the geese when something caught her ear. The aukari jerked around in shock hearing pained cries in the Vauni language. Her language. Had another been kidnapped as she had been?

“Wait, there is someone calling for help. I can hear them, they are speaking Vauni. We have to help them!” Alyssia stated looking back at them with fear in her eyes her body beginning to heat up more.

word count: 452
Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Kalortah, Oram, and Alyssia all moved away from the door, following the Golden Flock. Most of the geese were running on ahead of the group, but three stayed with the trio. Gandersauce, of course, was sticking with Oram, Fowler Goosestep had latched onto Alyssia in Arlo's absence, and a hitherto unnamed goose was sticking close to Kalortah. Behind them issued another loud honk, the issuer of the honk seeming to fall behind as they ran, but perhaps guarding the entrance to the vault.

Kalortah could, of course, still hear the geese chattering away. They were all chattering away now, and there wasn't much to differentiate one goosey voice from another, though what they were saying was still clear. "Have to run. The Bad One is chasing us. The red ones stole our eggs. Can she keep up? They haven't found the safe place yet. The Bad One stole their big treasure. Do they like gold? Why is his neck so short if he has feathers? Why is that one all covered in fur?" all came from the throats of a whole gaggle of ganders, but they seemed, for the moment, to be talking amongst themselves rather than to the trio directly. However, two other things happened. First, Glorious landed as normal and second, another loud honk sounded behind them and Kalortah might notice, if he were paying attention, that he couldn't understand those loud honks.

Oram was getting frustrated and might be in danger of crashing the local scowl economy if he kept giving them out so frequently, but the female voice kept speaking to him, since he was paying attention. "Da...er..s ..re. C..lt..ts c.m.. T..y .er. trying .. fi.. me. S.e sto.. ..eir ..tif..t. Br...ght it .. me. It's ...ali.. my ...rgy. H..p .. please. I ca.. ..ke up." she said, her voice breaking in and out. There was, despite that, a note of genuine worry in the voice, almost as if it were afraid. ".. nice to .. gee.. pl...e." she said, a more gentle request in her voice that time, with a pinch of affectionate concern. "Big ..e not ..ne." she said, with some genuine anger to her voice at that bit. "..g one is . thief."

Alyssia, meanwhile, heard distressed voices. They were, at first, too far away to be made out, but as they ran, she could make out what they were saying more clearly. "Damn geese! They keep this up and we'll be having proper goose with our eggs!" one voice said in Vauni, very clearly angry. "Leave them be. We have to find Lord Faldrun's artifact. I can't believe that idiot dropped it!" another snapped. "Well, she can explain their folly to our Lord in person, if he decides to show up to the stupid bints judgement." said a third. "And the gall of her to say she hadn't dropped it. We'd have let her live if she'd just owned up to it, but to put her own pride before our Lords success? How vile." a fourth said. The Vauni quartet was moving away from the group for now, but they were still close enough to hear.

Of course, throughout all of this, there was the occasional loud honk, but the more they followed the geese, the further away the loud honks got. Clearly, the Big Bad Goose wasn't keen on following them deeper into the vault.

! Message from: Basilisk
Heya, folks.

Avalon is tending to IRL matters, so I'm stepping in for the week. Regular event rules still apply, please post before next Tuesday or you will be marked absent. Two unexcused absences will have consequences for your PC, by which of course I mean we'll feed them to the geese. =P If you have some IRL shenaniganery that might prevent you from posting, please PM myself or Avalon and we'll work things out with you. No objectives this week.
word count: 667
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Parts Unknown”