A Formal Hell...

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Natalia Gregorios
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Professional Nuisance Wrangler
Renown: 170
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A Formal Hell...

Ashan 25, Arc 721

Dinner parties weren’t her thing really, but Natalia had been raised to handle them like an expert. Light conversation, never overcommit to anything, make everyone feel comfortable, be charming. Well, to be fair, that would have been her responsibility at a dinner party hosted by her parents. This one, hosted by her good friend, Liselle, was a bit of a different beast. People she had known her entire life would be there and as such, Natalia would be able to relax a bit. Not much…but some. She still was who she was – that couldn’t be changed.

However, she knew that they were all aware of the decision she had made to step out of the world they all knew, so logic dictated that there would be a world full of questions lobbed at her. Sighing softly as she prepared herself in one of Liselle’s spare rooms, the young brunette wondered why she was bothering with the evening at all. This wasn’t the world she was living in any longer, but Liselle had begged, and Natalia felt something of an obligation to her.

Wearing a gown of gold – borrowed from Liselle - she looked at herself in the mirror, making a few last-minute adjustments. Gold suited her olive skin tone perfectly and was always a good choice. Bright colors…did not, and even if they did, she simply wouldn’t wear them. Deep, dark rich colors were more to her liking. Even the gold she wore that evening had a depth to it, evoking class and elegance. Choosing to wear her hair in loose, soft waves, she took another look in the mirror and deemed herself ready for whatever fresh torture those who knew her best were about to let loose on her.
Pleasantries aside, her peers held their questions during the social break preceding dinner. Many glanced questioningly at her, curious but unwilling to break the ice...or incur her ire – it really was hard to tell at times.

She had lost her temper a few times as a child but since, had learned the fine art of using a controlled, calm voice for most everything…even when one was angry. It had served her well, especially during the last conversation she participated in with her parents when informing them she was moving out and rejecting the life they had planned for her. Of course, financial consideration had immediately vanished, but that was alright. It was better to chart one’s own course instead of being forced into a wasted life.

Once dinner began, however, the evening was something of a different experience. The conversation was lively to start, varying in topic. Natalia simply sat, listening and poking at her appetizer, until a particularly vile young man she was acquainted with decided to turn the spotlight on her. Josan Renaldi, one of the richest brats she knew, turned his gaze to her, clearing his throat and speaking up so everyone could hear.“So, Natalia, rumors are buzzing that you left your parents’ estate and broke off the engagement they had arranged. Now, being the sensible girl you are, I’m sure those are simply the rumors of uninformed minds, yes?”

Gasps and whispers followed. Some were appalled that he had decided to bring up such a sensitive situation while it seemed others curious as to what she might say in response.
Last edited by Natalia Gregorios on Tue May 11, 2021 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 570
"A girl should be two things: who and what she wants."

Natalia Gregorios
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: A Formal Hell...

Ashan 25, Arc 721
Liselle attempted to step in, shooting a look at Josan that spoke volumes, followed by a sharp, whispered retort. ”Josan, we talked about this…” Natalia simply raised her hand to Liselle, waving her off. She didn’t need anyone to fight her battles for her. Josan was a gnat, and she would handle him in short order. Her voice never raised above normal conversation level, even perhaps dropping a bit in volume to make sure her answer was clear and concise. “The rumors are true. I have and did. Was there something else?” The arched eyebrow was enough of a challenge than he thought twice about pushing further, but he really wasn’t the brightest lad. “My dear, that simply makes no sense. I feel, as I’m sure most of us do, that you are being a bit…dramatic.”

Dramatic. Liselle had used that word too and to be honest, Natalia was getting a bit tired of it. She really hadn’t wanted to cause a scene during her friend’s delightful party, but Josan was pushing, and she wasn’t the type to let it go at that. If he had stopped after the question, that would have been one thing but subtle attacks like the one he was pursuing wouldn’t stand. The room was quiet as people sat, waiting to see how she would respond.

Laying her fork down on the plate, she gently sat back in her chair, leveling golden eyes on her target. Her voice, ever calm, found their stage. “One, it makes sense to the only person that matters in the scenario – me. You, and others, don’t factor into the equation so I care not if it makes sense to you. Two, you are speaking for yourself, Josan – own it. Don’t appear to be speaking for everyone in the room. You aren’t. Three, I’ve never been dramatic one trial in my life so it’s a baseless claim. That, everyone in this room knows.”

Taking a quick drink from her wine glass, she continued. “My dear Josan, I’m going to break this down for you. The reasons why are important to me. It’s my life and I’m choosing to live it differently than you. You can either accept it…or continue pelting me with questions I won’t answer and instead, knee you in the privates like I did when we were eight arcs old, and you thought it would be a good idea to pull my hair. I had little time for your nonsense then and less for it now.” Rising, she gently inclined her head towards Liselle and glided out of the room, back to the spare area where her things were.
Last edited by Natalia Gregorios on Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 462

Natalia Gregorios
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ashan 25, Arc 721
Halfway through changing out of the gown, a soft knock sounded at the door with Liselle’s voice on the other side. “Nat, it’s me. Can I come in?” After giving permission, Liselle poked her head inside. “Josan has been disinvited and sent on his way. He will no longer be invited to any parties here. I’m sorry – please don’t leave? I want you to stay and enjoy yourself.”

Giving the blond a smile, Natalia shook her head gently. “For you, I would do almost anything, but no, Liselle. Tonight, was a bit of a test and it revealed what I already knew – I don’t belong here. Not anymore. My life is going to diverge from this world and being here just added fuel to that fire. I can’t hang on to one world while trying to live in another. It won’t work. The others, most of them would understand and accept…but there will always be a Josan trying to cause trouble. It’s best I leave and let the rest of you be on your way, and for me to be on mine. Perhaps the paths will cross again in the future but for now, this is the way it has to be.”

Giving the blond a gentle hug, Natalia grabbed her things and gracefully made her way out through the exit at the back of the estate. There was a small piece of her that was sad about leaving Liselle’s often flighty, but gracious company, but a greater part of her that was happy about having such solid closure. To truly move on, she needed to lock away this part of her past, for now, and open up to what her possible future might be.

Walking back down the street, she allowed her mind to wander a bit. In her estimation, it was time to leave Scalvoris Town for a bit and see what the rest of the island had to offer. She had the house, for now, and if nothing else on the island was appealing, she could always come back and begin there. Keeping her options open was important, and the young woman realized that. She had no desire to force herself into a situation where possibilities were limited and unappealing. Taking things one step at a time would see her through.

With her mind settled and plan made, she turned down the street and headed for her house, already deciding what she needed to take with her.

word count: 424

Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Natalia:

Knowledge:
Cosmetology - The color gold suits an olive skin tone
Detection - Noting when you are being looked at
Etiquette - Dinner conversation should be light and non-controversial
Etiquette - Knowing when to leave to avoid drama
Discipline- Reining in one's temper when confronted with a rude person
Psychology - One's reasons only need to make sense to that person

Loot: -
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: From the moment that I read the first sentence I knew that there would be tension. Natalia’s peers seem to have a hard time understanding the decision that she has made. I have to say, Josan does indeed sound like a brat and a gnat. You instantly made me dislike him!

Good job!

I’m impressed with the way that Natalia handled that unpleasant situation. She is right. She is the only one who matters in this scenario, and her decision only has to make sense to her.

Liselle seems to be nicer than the rest of them. She gives me the impression of being someone that genuinely cares about Natalia, even though she doesn’t really understand her decision either.

It will be interesting to see what will happen to their friendship!

Enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: If you plan on Liselle being a part of Natalia’s life on a regular basis, I’d suggest making her a Personal NPC!
word count: 238

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”