• Graded • [The Forging] Songs

The home to the Induk Sweetwine and populated by fairies, this enchanted forest has many secrets

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Bao Bao
Approved Character
Race: Cadouri
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [The Forging] Songs

Everything seemed to fall apart in the Sweetwine group rather quickly, Bao not sure what was really going on. As if there was some history or uncertainty that Bao was missing, the arrival of Karlotah had seemed to disrupt Xander and Oram, the Avriel apologizing for an experience that had happened prior where he ran away. It wasn't any of Bao's concern, however, as he had no ill will towards the man - even as he smirked at Bao for reasons unbeknownst to the Cadouri. Other things took priority now, like figuring out what was happening and how they could deal with the situation going on in Sweetwine, Bao looking out around them.

Even with everything going on, Bao noticed Xander's situation as he grew colder, watching as the man stood uncomfortably and visibly cold. Unable to sit back and just let him stay cold, Bao approached the warrior slowly, slipping the blanket he wore off himself. "I know it's not fit for your size, but I wore this under my cloak and it still feels warm. Use it to warm yourself up, I don't need it, just try not to lose it please - Saoire gifted me it herself" he nodded to the man, offering out his most prized belonging to the man to borrow, thinking it might be able to wrap around his leg and keep at least a part of it warm for the time being, or even be used as a towel to dry up his legs a little.

After that offer Bao looked to their pieces of equipment, walking over to a small stretch of rope as ideas were shared. Oram's idea made sense to Bao, though he wasn't sure how functional it would be just yet, not until they had tested something. Ideas rushed through Bao's head one by one until he landed on the one that he intended on testing. Unfamiliarly, Bao wrapped the rope gently around his wrist, tying a very basic knot and clutching his end of the rope carefully. Approaching Zoro, Bao handed the other end of the rope to the man and smiled up at him, nodding to him.

"If I fall into the water, pull me out. Under the weight of the shield the ice might crack, but if it can at least hold my weight then we can try the idea with some reassurance. At least we'd know it can handle some weight before we risk anything, and I'll only step out a little bit, so if I fall you should be able to pull me back without any issues" the Cadouri said calmly, though as he looked out to the ice it took all the discipline he could muster to not let out a nervous chirp. Animal instincts took over more than the small man cared to admit and fear ran through him as he decided to take the risk and step forward, the Cadouri placing his first step slowly onto the ice.

Each step forward was uncomfortable, perhaps even terrifying. "Any Immortal listing, Saoire or Ziell, please protect me from this cold lake" Bao asked under his breath, quietly to the Immortals as he made it about a quarter of the way across the lake before realizing he had mixed up his words entirely. Over the other side was the place they needed to be, the one objective they had right now, they just had to know their place was safe. Once half a minute had gone by of Bao standing on the ice, cautiously, the Cadouri turned back and made his way back to the side the others were on - smiling to Oram gently as he made it back.

Anxious from the feeling of walking over the ice, Bao stood beside the tall hunter, knowing him more than anyone else there. "Overall, I think that went well" he chuckled nervously and quietly, before gesturing to the shield. "Unless we want to freeze, we should consider covering that shield with something when we sit on it. Ice is already making things cold enough, I don't imagine metal would be good for us to sit on."
Off Topic
Whisper something under your breath: Praying quietly to Saoire or Ziell
Use a piece of your listed equipment: Gave Xander his blanket as a makeshift towel or leg-wrap

Use a malapropism in your next post: "Listing" instead of "Listening"
Face a fear (IC): Walking over the Ice, even with the rope
Start every sentence with a vowel. Yes, with a new word for each start

I assumed here that Bao did not fall in. If he did then he would kick to try and swim up and hope that Zoro pulls him out, trying to get himself out too but has no swimming skill
word count: 806
Zoro Astrian
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: 210
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Oh, but it was cold. It was, in fact, colder than Zoro had ever experienced. Under his breath, Zoro muttered, “I declare, it’s cold enough to freeze Treid’s nuts off.” As he said that, he remembered that it was one of his grandfathers sayings, and he felt it rather irrelevant to speak of the Immortals in this way. After all, he thought, the Immortals might be listening!

It seemed, to Zoro, that there was a bit of a to-do going on. Apparently, the arrival of a rather fine looking winged individual with a supercilious manner had started this conflab. In actuality, however, Zoro was too cold to be bothered. Instead, he rather wanted to get out of this cold.

Enthusiastically, Zoro took the rope from the little cadouri Bao Bao and he pulled an extra scarf from his pack. Examining it, he knew that it was right for the job. Application of this scarf to his hand, by wrapping it around, meant that Zoro felt he would have a better grip and keep his hand warmer.

Once he had applied the scarf, Zoro stood prepared; at least, he considered, he was doing something and not thinking about frostbite. Apprehension filled him, as he thought of the word – he had a mortal fear of losing his toes just like Aunt Zelda had done! Expelling the image of how Aunt Zelda had used to wooble when she walked, Zoro braced himself against and dug his feet in to the ground to stand firm.

“Ice breaking need not worry you,” Zoro said to Bao with a reassuring smile. “Immediately upon sensing any danger, I will pull you back!”

And that was exactly what he would do, should the need arise.

OOC: Irrelevant is a malaprop for irreverent.

word count: 297
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

They seemed to be getting along more, and Kalortah's apology certainly seemed to do the trick with Oram and, by extension, Xander. However, despite a number of suggestions, there was not a real consensusI'm going to take a bit of an executive decision - I hope that's ok - I don't want to waste a round for you in what, essentially, will lead to the same thing among the group.

Kalortah flew the rope across. Bao, meawhile, got across with Zoro's assistance. Although it was a little scary, it wasn't too bad for the small cadouri. There was no sense that the ice would crack - the river itself seemed to have frozen solid. Whilst uncomfortably cold, it meant that they were good to get across. They could each toboggan across with minimal risk, once they had the ropes in place.

Ahead of them, the tree seemed to glow and the light mingled with the mist. It was a beautiful sight, truly beautiful.

Eventually, they were all across the frozen water together. As the last one of them stepped on to the island itself, the mist swirled around them. It became almost solid, thick and dense and it formed a barrier around them, and the island. Inside that mist small will-o-wisp-like creatures fluttered and moved - each one with gossamer wings of rainbow shades. It was beautiful.

But there was no doubt about it. It was a very beautiful barrier.

Objectives Met!
All Must Do Objectives!~ You all completed all must-do obectives, which will have positive consequence at the end of the thread.
Every Can Do Objective!~ Also, you completed all can-do obectives, which will have positive consequence at the end of the thread.
Secret Objective, too!~ Kalortah, Zoro, Bao each started every sentence with unique words. This means that positive consequence awaits at the end of the thread. (Oram repeated "Any" and Xander repeated "I").

As the last of them stepped on to the island, not only did the barrier appear. A door did, also. The tree in front of them was huge - and as they realised that, they also realised that it was bigger than it should be - certainly than it had been. The door which appeared didn't do so suddenly, it was like their eyes focused and it had always been there.

The door itself was wide enough that two of them could walk through it side by side. It was part of the tree, not truly separate at all, although it was beautifully carved in a manner which was done to look natural, like that was the wood itself. There were some symbols on the door which didn't seem that way, and the door handle itself, of course. The workmanship was, frankly, exquisite. If they tried to open it, they'd find it was locked. Of course, there was a key hanging to the left of it. From behind it, pouring through the cracks at the side and from underneath it was the source of the glow they had noted earlier. It was beautiful.

Info & Rules

• This thread is for those who have gone to Sweetwine Woods in direct response to this thread
  • The Elements have flown up and are circling.
  • Ok, lovelies! Please remember that this is as cold as Ishallr normally is.
  • Due to the time-sensitive nature of this, I can not hold out for people to post. If you miss a round, there will (I'm afraid) be consequences.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was taught to me by a dear friend and one of the most talented Storytellers I've ever known. With thanks to Crimson / Straylor.
 ! Message from: Reminder
There are no required skill levels for this.
It is - undoubtedly - dangerous. It's a war.
What will get you hurt is NOT if you are low skilled. What will get you hurt is doing something foolish. There's plenty for everyone to do.
Equally, being highly skilled is not a guarantee of anything. This will need teamwork and smarts.

Current State

! Message from: Current State
Group
  • Arrived at destination
  • Crossed the ice
  • Discovered the door
Individuals
  • Kal You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Xander You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are wet and this poses a serious inconvenience to you, but Bao's blanket helps. More than you'd think it should. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Zoro You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Oram You are managing against the cold, your FireForged nature mitigates it. You are not yet tired. You are getting hungry.
  • Bao You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives
There are none this round.

DiriCom

Between leaving and arriving, you get the following information:
  1. You have to release the Induks in order. Ishallr must go first - then Sweetwine and Scaltoth
  2. Kura is investigating a fifth induk.
Next Post: Sunday 16th May
word count: 874
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Oram Mednix
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ranger-in-Chief
Renown: 960
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

We’re from space. We came here to steal a necklace from a wizard.

As the last party member crossed the river, Oram gathered up the rope and then turned to look at Kalortah while he coiled it. ”I didn’t tell you much at first,” he said to the avriel, ”but if you are going to stay with us, there is more that you need to know." He paused a trill to compose a summary as concise as he could manage:

“We came here to free an induk from some magical constraint, much as we ended up doing on Faldrass. As then, the reason we are doing this now is to keep the island from being completely destroyed, in this case, all of Scalvoris. This may involve finding and collecting something called “chainstones” as it did on Faldrass, but I’m not entirely sure.

“There are other induks around Scalvoris that must also be freed, and other groups like ours seek to free them. These groups include people I believe you know, such as two of the Smooglenuff Barons: Nir’wei and Darius. They, like us, face peril, and it’s important that none of us fail. The Albarech is running the whole thing from the Glass Temple. I am in communication with her, and to a degree with the other teams, by means of diri some of us are connected with.”

The hunter turned to the rest of the group.

”That reminds me,” he told them, ”there are some things I need to share with all of you, things the folks back at the Glass Temple have told me since after we departed. First, the induks must be freed in a particular order. The team at Ishallr must free theirs first, followed by the one here and in Scaltoth Jungle. Next, the folks back at the Glass Temple suspect that the island sits atop a fracture formed when the Original Fei died here. That Professor Doran fellow insists that this fracture, which is essentially Fei’s tomb, must be treated with utmost reverence and respect. I don’t have any more information on what that actually means.

“Many of the strange signs we are seeing here are also appearing everywhere else on the island: the intense cold, the animals behaving oddly, the colored mists. And again, apparently magic is behaving erratically, and not to be relied on. Let’s move on.”
He draped the coil of rope over his head like some giant’s necklace and started to move on himself.

Being the sole conduit for such information made Oram feel uneasy. He had delayed telling everybody what he knew simply because he had been preoccupied. What if he had fallen through the ice just now as they were crossing? How would Kura communicate with the rest of them then? They had staked much on his connection with Amoach.

Xander was cold and wet, and he was starting to show it. Oram kicked himself for not having acknowledged it sooner. Thankfully, Bao had lent the poor man a blanket, which seemed to help. ”We should think about making a fire,” Oram suggested, looking about him for twigs and stones that might be used for a fire pit. His stomach grumbled just then. ”We should also eat something,” he added, ”even if you’re not hungry. It’s important to eat regularly when it’s this cold.”

Another thought came, as if on its own, to his mind just then. He turned to Xander. "In your first aid kit in the pack the Elements issued you there is a small white flower called White Heat," he suggested. "Chewing on it will help keep you warm."

The tree before them was the biggest tree Oram had ever seen. Fallen twigs and branches for firewood should be plentiful here, and both the monstrous limbs overhead and the sheer bulk of the trunk should provide some degree of shelter from the wind. Not that there appeared to be much wind. The multi-colored mist hung about, and seemed to gather outward into some sort of shell around them. It was an odd sign, possibly ominous, though the traveler might not have minded so much if the shell had also kept in some degree of warmth.

As he neared the vast tree trunk, Oram saw a door resolve into view. It had been well-camouflaged, but once the hunter was close enough to it, its outline and even features became suddenly clear. As he paused to regard it, Oram heard his stomach growl again; recalling his own advice, he pulled out some jerky and some dried fruit from his rations. In the cold, the jerky was stiff and brittle; the traveler snapped off a piece between his fingers and stuck it in his mouth to soften it. While he waited for this to happen, Oram traced the details of the door. It was wide enough to be a double door, and was elaborately worked. There was some sort of inscription on it that Oram could not read -indeed, he could not currently hope to read anything, as his glasses still lay on his desk in Egilrun.

A glow came out from beneath the door, and also through a keyhole near the door handle, golden, warm, and inviting. Oram decided to approach, cautiously, with his hunting-attuned mind on the lookout for traps of any sort. He wanted to see, among other things, whether the light coming from behind the door was literally warm. This was no doubt the place they had come for; there was little question that they would go in, if they could get in. And that was doubly true if it were warmer beyond the door than out here.

A key hung on the trunk of the tree to the left of the door. That was convenient. Too convenient, perhaps? Oram did not think so; he had no reason to suspect any sort of treachery here, but that did not obviate the need for caution. He took his boar spear, extending the butt of the weapon, not the point, towards where the key hung, to retrieve it. Once he had the shaft threaded through the key’s ring, he tilted the butt up so that the key slid towards him.

Once he had the key secured, or had tried and somehow failed to do so, Oram turned towards the rest of the group. ”I’m guessing,” he told them, ”that this key will unlock that door. We should probably open that door and look inside. Then we should decide how to go in. Agreed?” Assuming they were agreed, Oram started towards the door, then stopped and turned back to his companions. ”Since I am the only person who can communicate with the other groups, perhaps you would prefer I not be the one to risk the door first. If there is somebody else who wants to try the door themselves, step forward now, and I will give you the key to try. Failing that, I will try the door myself.”

Oram would wait to see if there were any takers. If not, he would try the key himself, then the door.
word count: 1201
Villains are powerless against story beats.
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Shieldbearer had listened as Oram had explained to them what he had been told through the use of his spirit connection, Xander wasn't really sure he understood any of it and he hoped that the other members of their party had better understanding of it than he did. One day Xander would sit down and read some more books about these things, grow his understanding of the supernatural that the world had to offer but this of course was not the time. He would focus on letting the others properly comprehend the information and he would do his best to help them complete their tasks.

Xander had accepted the offering from Bao to help with the cold on his leg. He wrapped it around and tied it carefully in place using the corners. The relief was surprising, it seemed to warm the leg far more than he would have expected enough for him to make it across the river with the other members of the group. On the otherside of the river Oram also suggested that he chew on something he called White Heat and following his recommendation the nobleman collected the item from his pack and placed it into his mouth, chewing on it as he was told. He wasn't sure if it was the blanket or the plant but it seemed that his leg was not feeling quite as cold anymore.

"Thank you for the Blanket Bao and the suggestion Oram, it seems to be helping." Although he was not convinced anything could stave off this kind of cold forever, he had grown up in a cold climate but even he could not deny this was on a whole other level. Though his focus did not remain on the cold of his leg for long or the cold at all instead he was much more interested in the swirling mist around them. Watching it as it formed a barrier between them and the world off of this island. The small creatures that fluttered and glowed in the mist were peculiar to say the least. "How strange." He said quietly as he observed the rest of their surroundings.

It was true however that the tree was impossible to miss, it seemed to loom over them like a mountain both beautiful and to Xander somewhat daunting. Things should not be so large, not naturally anyway, this rivaled some of the largest structures made by man that he had ever seen or at least it felt like it did. He approached it just behind Oram, the other man seemingly more willing to interact with it at first than the shieldbearer was. The father watched as the other man collected the key on the end of his spear.

Xander made space for Oram as he turned with the spear and listened. Oram was right, his ability to communicate with the other groups was important and with this in mind Xander stepped forward. He reached out and took the key that was offered. "I will try it, I suggest the rest of you step back and I will attempt to unlock and enter the door." With key now in hand if he was able to take it he would step towards the door. He hoped he would not live to regret such a decision, thoughts of his daughters waiting for their father who would never return flashed through his mind but for some reason he just felt that he had to do this. This whole situation was bigger than him alone and he could not sit by knowing he did not do everything he could.

So he proceeded, attempting to take the key and if he was able moving towards the door to try and unlock it and hopefully open it to see what was hidden behind its ancient looking wood.
word count: 641
Zoro Astrian
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: 210
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Zoro was greatly impressed by the company he was with, particularly Oram and Xander who he saw as being great adventurers and men of daring-do. A little self-consciously, as shown by his swirling pink eyes, he copied Oram and chewed on a piece of beef jerky which he had pulled from the pack.

Taking stock of the situation, Zoro considered what faced them. The tree, the key, the door and the mist. Scalvoris is a strange place. Rather shyly, he announced. “I am going to investigate the tree and the mist. The mist reminds me of when, about four arcs ago, the Pirate Lords disappeared. There was a mist, just such as this and, if my Uncle Zeb’s stories are right, strange mists have featured regularly in the history of Scalvoris.”

Rather self-consciously he continued, wanting to make a good impression. “My great-uncle Zaphod was the captain of the ship, the Zephyr, a famous biqaj ship, and he told me that it is important not to just look where you are going but to look everywhere! Know the whole sea, he used to say, not just the wave you’re riding.” Zoro smiled a little as he remembered his Uncle Zaphod and his many weird sayings. “Though, people did look at him like he had two heads,” he mused.

Thankfully, he stopped talking there and did not inform them that he thought the door with the glowing light and the very convenient key were a little too obvious, even for Scalvoris. Maybe, especially because it was Scalvoris and nothing was ever what it appeared here! Very often, the important things were a little harder to spot.

That said, Zoro first examined the tree. He walked around it, touched the wood at various points. Maybe the tree was cold, like the rest of the island at the moment. But maybe, he thought, it might not be – there was no snow here, after all. He listened for sounds and, in his head, he kept count of how many paces it took him to walk right around the tree.

When he had examined the tree, he told his companions what he had discovered, and then he moved to the mist. As a child, Zoro had enjoyed catching fireflies and small creatures. He pulled a jar from his pack and attempted to catch one of the creatures inside the mist. At least, he thought, if he missed and didn’t succeed, they’d have a sample of mist itself.

word count: 420
Kalortah
Approved Character
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kalortah did everything he was directed to by Oram, and flew the rope across the way so that the rest could slide across on top of a shield. While Oram coiled the rope, once everyone was across, he went on to tell him the situation.

Kalortah frowned, he was unused to such outlandish stories but supposed of the more fantastic and strange things he had witnessed in all his travels, this was par for the course.

Kalortah wasn’t too familiar with Baron Darius, although he’d recognized the name from the Cylus Dawn festival, where three of the Barons had been crowned. He did know Nir’wei, however, having practiced swordsmanship with him briefly and served on the council almost as briefly.

Kalortah nodded to Oram’s final explanation, and mentally communicated to his Owl familiar, Glorius, that he should fly for the Glass Temple post-haste, in order to keep an eye on things there, if he could. It’d take a while for him to arrive, though, as the owl was never far from his master.

Kalortah listened carefully to Oram, recognizing that he was more knowledgeable about survival than him, and probably better equipped to deal with this situation. Kalortah noted the mention of the White Heat. And other things.

When it came time for one to step forward who would enter the doorway, Kalortah stood beside Xander, as he volunteered to open it. He would follow the Shieldbearer inside if the man was pulled in by some force, or chance. It was best that nobody be isolated on this mission, and Kalortah had no intentions of having this one fail as the other had. So he stood beside Xander and waited for the man to unlock the door, as he made his intentions known.
word count: 299
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Bao Bao
Approved Character
Race: Cadouri
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"I'm glad it helps" Bao smiled to Xander as he thanked the Cadouri for the blanket, and Oram for the idea of the flower that would help keep him warm. As far as Bao was concerned in this mission, keeping everyone safe and alive was his job. That was what it meant to be the Councillor for Welfare, after all. Protecting the welfare of people around him no matter what it cost. While he wasn't a fighter like Xander, or a survivalist like Oram, or a sailor like Zoro and his family or even able to fly like Karlotah - he was Bao. He had offered his life in the place of Ru's without knowing he would be out the same trial, without knowing when he would be out.

Now would be no different.

When they arrived at the door and made plans the small Cadouri looked to the group, Xander offering himself up to be the first to enter. "If you're willing to take that chance" he nodded, before turning his attention to Zoro as he explained what his great uncle had told him. "It sounds like your great-uncle was wise" the Red Panda smiled with awe, happy he had the group he did to travel with him, everyone willing to offer help and advice to each other without a moment of hesitation.

Then, as they prepared to enter the door, Bao watched from a small step back - keeping an eye on both Zoro and the other members of the group. Should any of them go through any problems, Bao would be able to watch both parties, running to the aid of whoever needed it.
word count: 280
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Oram gave them the information he had, and they were all informed of what was happening. Then, the group seemed to almost split - but not in any way which meant they were unable to see each other. Xander took the key and tried it in the door - Kalortah stood close, ready to grab him and aid him if needed.

Zoro, meanwhile, examined the tree. He found nothing unusual there, except for one thing. The tree was large. Really large. He walked around it and although it was large he could be seen by the rest of the group if Oram was one side, Bao the other. So, it wasn't impossibly large.

Yet the number of paces which it took were many many more than seemed to be the case for those watching to make sure all were ok. The number of paces were akin to it being a large - very large - building. Or a street.

Then, Zoro moved to examine the mist. He managed to get a sample of the small fire-fly like creature and he did so relatively easily. Like it was keen to get caught, even. However, as Xander turned the key in the lock, one of the other fireflies fluttered against Zoro's hand.

As far as Zoro was concerned, the scenery around him changed. He was standing in a place filled with light and, in front of him was a door which was swinging open.

As far as the others were concerned, Zoro disappeared.

And, as the door in the tree swung open, it revealed Zoro Astrian. Inside, behind the door. He was him - completely fine, unhurt, uninjured. Except he was all of him the wrong colour. Purple hair and green skin one minute, which shifted like the changing colours of the fire flies to blue hair and yellow skin. Constantly shifting and changing.

The door opened into a large- an impossibly large area. It might take them a moment to work out what it was they were seeing.

Standing behind the now-open door, having been teleported there when he touched one of the fire fly-like creatures in the mist, the multi-coloured Zoro Astrian was standing on the stage of a concert hall. He was within grabbing distance of Kal and Xander, should either of them wish to pull him out (though he seemed to be perfectly safe) and Bao, from where he stood watching Zoro as he worked?

Bao heard a high pitched, child-like, sweet like tinkling bells giggle come from the mist.

Info & Rules

• This thread is for those who have gone to Sweetwine Woods in direct response to this thread
  • The Elements have flown up and are circling. But they're no use to you, cos of the mist.
  • Ok, lovelies! Please remember that this is as cold as Ishallr normally is.
  • Due to the time-sensitive nature of this, I can not hold out for people to post. If you miss a round, there will (I'm afraid) be consequences.
  • This style of event moderation - with objectives etc - was taught to me by a dear friend and one of the most talented Storytellers I've ever known. With thanks to Crimson / Straylor.
 ! Message from: Reminder
There are no required skill levels for this.
It is - undoubtedly - dangerous. It's a war.
What will get you hurt is NOT if you are low skilled. What will get you hurt is doing something foolish. There's plenty for everyone to do.
Equally, being highly skilled is not a guarantee of anything. This will need teamwork and smarts.

Current State

! Message from: Current State
Group
  • Arrived at destination
  • Crossed the ice
  • Discovered the door
  • Opened the door
  • Discovered that measurements and dimensions are squiffy. (I'm happy to assume you're informing Command of this, Oram, please just let Kura or Doran know OOC)
  • Discovered that the firefly like things teleport you.
  • Discovered that behind the door is a concert hall.
Individuals
  • Kal You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Xander You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are drying and this poses an inconvenience to you, but Bao's blanket helps. More than you'd think it should. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Zoro You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry. You are a new type of Rainbow Biqaj. Only your eyes - the one part of you which DID change colour - now don't.
  • Oram You are managing against the cold, your FireForged nature mitigates it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.
  • Bao You are managing against the cold, but you're feeling it. You are not yet tired. You are not hungry.

Objectives

! Message from: Must-Do Objectives
There are none this round.

DiriCom

You get the following information:
  1. You have a rough idea what is happening in the other groups.
  2. You hear exactly what's going on in Command.
Next Post: Sunday 23rd May
word count: 856
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Kalortah
Approved Character
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kal saw Zoro, he saw all the strange sights, the fire-flys the mist, but most of all, he saw a stage. A stage that was waiting for him. A concert hall! The kind he could only dream of owning. The kind he'd planned to establish before his plans took a turn. But now he was here again, this was why he was called to the forest, to this forsaken wilderness. It was his reason for being here! He knew it. He set his Covetous Covenant on that Stage, it would be his!

So, as Zoro stood there, Kalortah tugged him out, and pushed his own way into the scene that he'd seen. From behind the curtain, Kalortah emerged in all his glory. Red glorious feathers trailing behind him as he looked out from the stage, to try and see what he could see. Was there an audience for him? A few or many? Was it an empty auditorium? It practically didn't matter. The Stage was his, and he would bask in it for a moment.

He didn't sing yet, it almost seemed a shame to spoil the moment with words or lyrics or song. He would wait, and when the satisfaction from his achieving the covenant wore off, then perhaps he would give the acoustics a turn.

For now, he hugged his arms to himself and basked in the feeling of having gotten what he greedily wanted. He had his place in the spotlight, now it was his to enjoy. No one else.

! Message from: Peg
The moment that Kal steps on to the stage, the tree "closes" - the rest of you see nothing more than a tree, just a tree. There is still a door in it, but it is closed. The key doesn't work. Kal, I'll deal with what happens to you in my next mod post
word count: 315
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Sweetwine Woods”