[Hopetoun] Searching for Hope

25th of Ashan 721

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Rei'sari
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 451
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Hopetoun] Searching for Hope

30th Ashan, 721

Isra stared at Vega as she spoke of her being dropped on her head, and of giraffes. For several trills, she honestly had no idea how to respond to that. But after a little while, she forced herself to calm down so she could speak rationally.

"No I wasn't dropped on my head as a child. Not as far as I am aware of, at least. And I do not have a giraffe...or any other type of animal for that matter. I do not enjoy hurting people, nor do I hurt my patients deliberately. We found a means of managing Ari'sora's issues so she would be comfortable until such a time as I was able to find something that would allow her to recover from emotional trauma so that we could work on the cause of those problems. You say that we should have tried other things after we found that ginger was effective. Would you have us treat our patients as test subjects in an experiment, then?" Isra asked calmly.

Ari'sora frowned.

"I would have said yes." she said quietly.

Isra turned to look at her.

"If you had given me the choice between staying with the ginger tea when we knew it helped or trying new things to see if they worked better than the ginger tea did, I would have said yes. I don't know much about herbs and medicines. I didn't know that there were other things that I could try. But if someone told me that there were, and asked if I wanted to try them, I would have said yes."

It was true that she hadn't asked if there was anything else that she could try. Perhaps she should have. At first she had been overwhelmed by the inability to make decisions without relying on ginger tea to manage the intense nausea that it caused, and by being held in the clinic without any real hope that Isra would succeed in finding something that would help her. Once a routine had been established, Ari'sora had trusted that the healers who were monitoring her were doing the best that they could. Now she was starting to wonder if she had been wrong to do so. Ari'sora hesitated for several trills before speaking again.

"And I could have helped you with your research. You said that you found a member of the Order who was a skilled alchemist and that they made this amulet for me. It didn't ever occur to me that I could do something to get my ability to recover from emotional trauma back after I had sacrificed it to the Twins, and that's on me. But if you had told me that you thought that alchemy might help, and you were looking into it, I could have helped. I studied alchemy at the University for a while. I wouldn't say that I was skilled enough to do anything that required a lot of skill with alchemy yet, but I did earn a Letter in the subject. I know enough that I could have helped with the research to see if alchemy would help even if I'm not skilled enough to do anything that is too advanced. That would have given me something to do, something more to think about than my fear that I would spend the rest of my life in that room. It would have given me a way that I could do something to help myself even if I wasn't able to work through my trauma since I was unable to recover from it."

Ari'sora wasn't upset about Vega talking about her...how could she be when everything Vega had said was true? She was afraid of fire...and had been ever since the volcano had erupted. And unlike her fear of being crushed, or buried alive...it was a stupid fear. She hadn't been one of the ones who had gone into the volcano itself. She had just tried...and failed...to help the Baron and had needed to be rescued when the mansion had collapsed.

Isra wasn't certain how to respond to that. She had done what was needed to protect Ari'sora from herself, and to prevent her from harming others accidentally. She had found ways to manage Ari'sora's issues well enough to keep her comfortable while she had done the work of finding a way that would allow her patient to recover from emotional trauma so that she could work through the trauma that had caused her issues in the first place. It hadn't occurred to her to do more than that. Why hadn't it? Ari'sora's inability to make complex decisions was a very difficult thing to deal with, and it rendered her incapable of doing much to help herself. And yet...the ginger tea managed the nausea that made her unable to make those decisions. Why hadn't she trusted in that enough to allow her patient to take a more active role in her own healing? At the time, it hadn't even occurred to her. But with Vega pointing it out as she had, it seemed painfully obvious.

"It seems as though I have a lot more to apologize for than I had realized." Isra said at last.

"I don't know why I didn't involve you more in your own healing once we learned that the ginger tea was able to manage the nausea that made it impossible for you to make decisions. But I should have. Vega is right. I should have done better." she said sincerely.

Ari'sora nodded, but she didn't respond to Isra's words. Her ability to trust the other woman had taken a serious blow, and her apology, such as it was, didn't make things better. Instead, she turned to Vega. She understood what the other woman was saying about sitting around and doing nothing wasn't helping herself. And she agreed with it. But at the time, she had believed she was doing the best she could. She had sacrificed her ability to recover from emotional trauma to the Twins...who weren't Immortals exactly...but they were pretty close to that as Ari'sora understood it. It had never once occurred to her that anything she could do could possibly get that ability back. So she had lived with her trauma as best she could, trying to hold herself together for her family. In her mind, that was all she could do. Now she wondered why she hadn't even thought of the possibility that she might be able to do something for herself. She never had been able to when Ren'zar had been in control of her life. But he wasn't in control of her now.

"I don't know why it never occurred to me that I could do something to get my ability to recover from emotional trauma back. But if I had thought there might be something I could do, I would have done it. Whatever it took. I believed that all I could do was to live with my trauma as best I could, and keep living my life, so I did that."

When Vega said that she had an ability that would give Ari'sora a "do over," Ari'sora found herself longing for just that. Vega told her that it was extreme, and it was. No memories...but would that really be so bad? There were a lot of things she would like to forget if she could. Maybe she was a coward for thinking that way, but it was true. No magic...but she didn't have any to lose. And a fresh start...a chance to be a better person than she was now...she wanted that. More than anything.

"I'm not happy with that. And I don't want to keep suffering." she told Vega quietly.

"I want to be the best person that I can be. To...to live the best life that I can. And I am willing to do whatever it takes to do that."

Ari'sora knew that Vega had no reason to believe her. Why should she? It hadn't ever occurred to her that she could try to get her ability to recover from emotional trauma back, so she didn't even try. It had seemed impossible...and yet she now had an amulet that proved that it wasn't. What else had she missed over the arcs?

"Is there anything I can do to prove that I want to help myself, and that I am willing to fight to achieve that?" she asked softly.

She didn't know if there was anything she could to to earn the chance that Vega spoke of. But if there was, she wanted to...no...she needed to try.

word count: 1505
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1724
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vega spoke her mind, always.

She was never - ever - backwards about coming forwards and many people who met her believed that she spoke without thinking. But nothing, in fact, could be further from the truth.

Vega knew exactly what she said, and when she said it. And so, she kept quiet as Isra and Ari'sora spoke. Ari'sora spoke up and pointed out that she would have done something, she would have tried. Vega said nothing and allowed the two of them, patient and therapist to talk. To be honest with each other.

Ari'sora said she didn't know why she hadn't thought about doing something, and Vega looked at her and smiled, shrugging slightly. "Maybe you've spent too much time believin' that you're helpless an' hopeless an' have to just accept it all?" Looking at Isra, Vega said no more, but she did not. Isra was well aware of Vega's opinion of her and, in this, Vega felt that Isra wasn't actually important - not even vaguely. Or, not important enough to be the focus.

Listening to Ari'sora talk, Vega was quiet and then, when Ari'sora had finished, Vega sighed.

"I can't help but get the feelin' that you're singin' the tune I want to hear," she said, honestly. Looking at Isra, she gave a slight smile. "You're not, if that helps." She was sure that it didn't. Breathing in, Vega considered what she was about to say -in just the same way she'd considered every word. Back to Ari'sora, then, she breathed in and spoke. "I have to be honest with you an' tell you it how it is. I've known you all of ten bits an' you do what people tell you that you should." She was straightforward, as always. "I tell you feathers are ok if you're sensible, an' you scoot forward. Isra hands you ginger tea, an' you sip it an' look at her like she's goin' to thump you." Vega's gaze was not stern, but she certainly wasn't messing around.

"A do over isn't the answer to everythin', an' it means losin' everythin', too. All your relationships, all your memories." Vega looked at Ari'sora with a serious expression. "I'll do it, if you want. Everyone deserves a bit of hope, after all, but I need you to be sure that you don't have some half-assed stupid notion of it bein' easier on others, or some nonsense like that. Because if you go into it with that, then it'll fail." Vega's expression was entirely serious. "An' if I do this an' you throw this chance away, I'm goin' to get really testy. If this happens, then you have got a responsibility an' you had better keep to it or I swear I am goin' to make sure that you know jus' how disappointed I am."

She smiled and her smile was kind. "But I'll do it. You jus' need to be prepared, an' we need to sort you out. Because you won't remember, an' you need to be sure an' it needs to be a real decision, not because you think someone else wants you to. You need to jus' quit all this floppin' about, all this whingin' an' whimperin' an' you need to make a decision for you. Which is the exact opposite of what you need," she said, her last words to Isra. "You need to stop pontificatin' about how well you're doin', an' how you're dealin' with the most damaged an' the most hurt - you've been doin' that too long, however long you've been doin' it."

It simply wasn't in her nature to do anything other than speak the truth. And so, she turned that truth now on Isra. "You've lost hope. When was the last time you felt that thrill of pleasure when you really loved your job? You've lost sight of it, an' you need to get it back." Vega sighed. "There's people here. Real people. Speak to Darius an' stay here. Bring a few people from the Order with you an' heal people. Help them. Stop wanderin' around with your head in the clouds an' help people. Really help people. It'll help you, too, an' those people who are with you."

Turning her attention back to Ari'sora, she regarded her with a determined expression. "So, yeah. I'll do it, but I need you to do it for you, or not do it."
word count: 773

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

30th Ashan, 721

When Vega suggested that the reason that she hadn't ever thought she might be able to do something about getting her ability to recover from emotional trauma back was because she had believed she was helpless for so long that she just accepted things that happened to her, she nodded slowly. She was probably right. Ari'sora had felt helpless for most of her life. She had been eighteen when she had been freed from Ren'zar. For the first few seasons, she had been completely overwhelmed by the freedom she had gained. She had loved it...but she had had no idea what to do with herself. Then less than an arc after she was freed, she had been captured by Vyndar and Hathelrri and held for a season. A season after that, she had gotten caught up in the events that had caused her to sacrifice her ability to recover from emotional trauma. Other things had happened after that as well. She was used to feeling helpless and without hope. And that was something that she wanted to change.

Vega's next words made her frown. It took her a few trills to realize what she meant about "singing the tune that Vega wanted to hear." And that wasn't what she was trying to do. Saying what she thought someone else wanted to hear whether it was true or not would be the same thing as lying...wouldn't it? Well...maybe if it was true, it wouldn't be the same thing as a lie? Either way, it didn't seem like a good thing to do to another person.

"I do not lie." she said softly, but firmly.

It was very important to her that she make this clear.

"Saying something I do not mean just because I think you want to hear it would be a lie. I really do want to change and become the best person that I can be."

She had always wanted that. But "the best person she could be" had always meant being very useful to others in the past. But what if that was wrong? What if she could be the best person she could be for herself too? It was a strange concept to Ari'sora. How could she be a good person when her own mother hated her? Mothers did not hate their children. Not unless their was a very good reason for it. That meant that there was something horribly wrong with her. And yet...what if she could be a good person? That was something that Ari'sora wanted very much indeed.

When Vega talked about the way she was quick to obey, Ari'sora nodded. It was the absolute truth, after all. As Ren'zar's slave, she had no choice but to obey. Well...no...that wasn't true. She could have chosen to disobey her master's orders. But the price of disobedience wasn't worth disobeying an order. Obedience was easier...and safer. The same thing was true when she had been held captive by Vyndar and Hathelrri. She could have refused to practice playing the glass flute. She could have tried to escape again after that first failed attempt. But she had been too terrified of the consequences of disobedience to even consider it. Obedience had been safer then too. By now, it was almost an instinct to obey anyone who gave her an order. It was so ingrained in her that she found herself obeying before she could even think of the possibility of saying no or asking why she should. Perhaps that was something she could change with a fresh start too.

"Obedience is..." she paused, and shook her head.

"For a long time, obedience was the safest choice for me. If I wanted to spare myself pain, I had to obey."

When she had been with Ren'zar, her obedience had spared her a lot of pain. It hadn't always worked since if he was in a bad mood, he took it out on her. But the few times she had disobeyed as a young child had taught her that obedience was better. Obeying Vyndar and Hathelrri hadn't spared her pain when they had held her captive...but she was certain that it would have been much, much worse if she had disobeyed them.

"Now it's so ingrained that I find myself obeying anything that sounds like an order before I can even think to say no or to ask why I should. That is one of the things I want to change about myself."

It was easy to tell herself that she shouldn't blindly obey whatever she was told to do when she thought about it. And she had told herself just that in the past. But when she was told to do something...there was no time to think about it. She just...obeyed. At times, that frightened her.

Vega explained that a do over wasn't the solution to everything, and that she would lose everything. Ari'sora thought about that. What would it be like to have no memories of the past? In some ways, it sounded wonderful. If she didn't remember that there was something so horribly wrong with her that her own mother hated her...would she be able to overcome whatever it was and become worth something? She hoped so. At the very least, without the memories that haunted her, she wouldn't have so many nightmares. And maybe she wouldn't have panic attacks if she touched something made of glass, or heard flutes playing. If she couldn't remember everything that had happened to her, then hopefully it wouldn't continue to haunt her.

And yet...there were people that she didn't want to lose. An image of Shadow rose up in her mind. It was followed by images of Ryl'ryn, the kittens, and her children. She hated the idea of forgetting them. At the same time...she couldn't keep going as she was now. And she didn't think that the people she loved would want her to when she had the chance to change. Would she be able to meet her family again? Probably. If they wanted to know her after they learned that she chose to forget them. Ari'sora was fairly certain that they would. Their relationships might not be the same as they were now...but choosing this chance didn't necessarily mean that she had to lose them completely. She turned to Isra.

"You'll let my family know about this, won't you? That this was my choice?"

Isra nodded.

"Of course."

Ari'sora turned to Vega.

"I do want this chance." she said quietly.

"I want it for me. Maybe that's selfish of me, but I need this chance. I won't waste it." she promised.

Once Ari'sora had made her decision, Isra had a decision of her own to make. Vega's question had really hit home. It had been arcs since she had truly loved her job. When she had first started out, she loved helping people work through whatever was troubling them, and helping them heal. But as time passed, there had been people who faked a need for help for their own reasons. There were others who refused to help themselves, demanding that Isra fix them, and blaming her when her attempts had failed. There were still others who were so badly damaged that nothing she could do could help them. After a while, she had just...lost hope as Vega had said. And she hadn't even noticed. Oh, she still did her job. She helped anyone who was assigned to her to the best of her ability. But she had stopped putting herself into her work. She had stopped caring except on a professional level. If her patients healed, then she was doing her job correctly. If they did not, then she transferred them to someone else, or switched focus from trying to heal them to maintaining them; making sure that they were as comfortable as possible and keeping them isolated so they couldn't harm anyone else. Either way, she was doing her job. And that's all it was; a job. That was no way to be. She wanted...no...needed to do better.

"I will speak to Darius about staying here. Because you're right. It's been far too long since the last time I felt a thrill of pleasure when doing a job that I loved...or anything at all for that matter, except for a calm sense of duty. I've retreated so far into my professional mask that I've become that mask. And I don't want that. If Darius says that I can stay here, then once I've told Ari'sora's family about her choice, and let them know what becomes of it, I will write to the clinic in Scalvoris Town and ask for them to send a few others to join me here. I can think of a few who could use a fresh start as much as I could."

Last edited by Rei'sari on Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1546
Rei'sari was formerly Ari'sora, but after getting a fresh start in life and a new appearance from Vega, she changed her name to Rei'sari.
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1724
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ari'sora said that she wanted it, and she added that she wanted it for herself.

Vega watched her, the small and rather timid Avriel woman, as she thought about things, tried to explain them. That obedience had been safer for her, Vega had no doubt. She also knew that there had been times for herself when obedience would have been safer - in the short term. But it sounded like this woman had been through persistent and vile abuse, and as such Vega recognised that she had no idea of the toll it had taken.

With a slight frown, Vega spoke quietly. "Alright," she said. She looked at the young woman with an intent gaze and she spoke with a very clear purpose in her mind. "If you're ever in a situation again - ever - where you feel there's no hope, you remember this moment," she smiled slightly. "You will, eventually, get your memories back but the bad ones will be like rememberin' readin' the story. You'll know the events, eventually, but they won't have any hold over you, won't have any sway. But you remember this," she looked at Ari'sora only. "There is always hope. Always. But you've got to work for it, run toward it, chase it. It doesn't find you, you find it." Her father, after all, had been clear with her and Vega believed it firmly. "If an' when somethin' bad happens to you - which it probably will because that's a symptom of bein' alive - you remember that, an' don't you let it define you." There was no more to say to that, other than to threaten to punch her into next Ashan if she didn't do as she was told.

And, in a rare moment of insight, Vega reckoned that was probably a step too far with this skitterish little mouse.

Isra said that she would stay here, in Hopetoun, and Vega beamed. She couldn't imagine that Darius would have any issue with it, but of course the final decision was his. Still, she looked at the Order member and Vega nodded. "That sounds good. Good for here, an' good for you too." She smiled slightly. Then, she looked at Ari'sora and thought about it. Thought about her. "You've made your mind up, it's best we jus' get on an' do it, I reckon. You'll only worry over it an' analyse it twenty ways sidelong until you've got your brain in a tissy an' yer knickers in a knot."

One last time.

"You're sure?"

And, when the young woman said yes, then Vega nodded. Putting down her tea, she poured herself a cup of water. First, she took a sip. And then, without warning or question she threw the water over Ari'soraTwice a season, Vega can stop someone from being a Dweeb. Sadly, they have to agree to this, which means they have to be more self-aware than your average dweeb. In order to do this, she has to douse the Dweeb in water (this can be throwing a cup of water over them, pushing them into a lake, whatever - as long as water touches them). This water washes away their identity and starts them anew. It physically changes them, reverting them to an 18 arc old (same sex and race as they were), with a new face - it resets them. They will remember their past life over the course of the next 2 seasons, but in a fuzzy sort of way - like they're seeing someone else's memories. This does not mean that those memories cannot one day be recovered. This ability can only be used once on any pc. They retain non-magic skills but lose any and all marks and magic.. "Stop bein' such a dweeb, then." Vega said.

It was immediate, of course, and she was simply different. She knew who she was and what had just happened, and somehow, it wasn't scary, but Vega smiled reassuringly at her, anyhow. "Right. I've got stuff to do. You can crash here with me tonight, if you want. No one's travellin' in these storms." Or in this freeze, as it turned out. But at that point, Vega knew no more than she knew.

"Catch you later," she said, and left them to it. Isra would probably want to fill in the blanks with Ari'sora and Vega saw no need for her to be there. There were other places where she could be useful, after all.
word count: 766

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Rei'sari
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

30th Ashan, 721

Ari'sora listened to Vega speak. The other woman spoke of remembering this moment if she ever felt like she had no hope. At first that confused her since she knew that she was about to lose all of her memories. But it made more sense as Vega continued to say that she would remember them eventually, but in a way that was as if she had read a story. Once she understood that, she nodded. She could do as Vega asked her to do. In this moment, she was confidant of that.

She watched as Vega spoke to Isra, happy that the healer had decided to stay here at Hopetoun. Would that be an option for her if she wanted it to be? She wasn't sure if she had anything to offer a settlement like this, but she might well feel differently when she forgot who she was now. If she was able to stay here, it would be something very different than her old life had been, and it seemed as if that might be a good thing. Of course, she knew she wasn't going to remember this once Vega used her ability to give her a fresh start, and who knew what she would think when it happened? Ari'sora pushed those thoughts aside, and nodded when Vega asked if she was sure about this.

Ari'sora was startled when Vega dumped her water on her. But before she could ask why, or apologize for whatever she had done to deserve such a thing, the world...shifted. In the space of a trill, everything was different. She knew who she was, and where she was. And that was all that she could remember. That didn't frighten her though. She had a feeling that others would be afraid if they couldn't remember anything other than their name. It didn't frighten her though, because she knew that this was something that she had chosen, though she could no longer remember why.

A red headed woman smiled at her and told her and another woman that they could stay with her for the night if they wanted to. Ari'sora was quick to thank the woman and take her up on her offer. The other woman did as well. Then the red headed woman left.

"How do you feel?" the other woman asked.

Ari'sora considered the question carefully before answering.

"Strange." she said at last.

"I feel...strange. I know what my name is, and I know that I chose to...forget everything. But it feels strange to know that, and not know why. I...I don't know who I am anymore, and that feels strange too. But I'm not afraid. It may sound strange, but I am looking forward to learning who I am."

"I'm glad to hear that. My name is Isra, and I am a healer." Isra began.

Her gold cloak would make it obvious to many that she was a healer, but she was uncertain whether Ari'sora had lost more than her memories of her life. It was possible that she might not know about the Order of Adunih anymore, and if that were the case, she likely wouldn't recognize what her cloak meant.

"If it helps, I can confirm that you did, in fact choose this."

Ari'sora nodded. She knew that she had. And she also knew that Isra was a healer.

"You have a family that will be glad to hear that you are feeling better. I will be staying here in Hopetoun if the leader of this settlement allows me to, but I will send a letter to your family to let them know what has happened. Do you know what you would like to do now? I am sure that your family would be happy to have you back with them if you want to go home. And if that is what you decide, you would be able to return to Scalvoris Town as soon as this freeze ends and the crew makes repairs to the ship. Your family would be able to meet you there."

Ari'sora considered that possibility. She had a family. One that would want her back if Isra was right. And yet...she felt no connection to these people that she could not remember. She wanted to know who she was now before she was faced with strangers who thought they knew who she was, and who might well have expectations of her that she could no longer fulfill.

"You said that you were planning to stay here. Do you think that I could stay here too?" she asked after a few bits.

"It can't hurt to ask." Isra said with a smile.

"Then that is what I would like to do." Ari'sora decided.

word count: 816
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Player Name: Vega Creede

Points awarded: 15
Magic xp: none

Knowledge:

Caregiving: Take care of basic needs first.
Caregiving: Challenging someone who's talking nonsense can help them realise they're talking it.
Caregiving: Can mean telling someone to sort themselves out.
Caregiving: Can be challenging a third party, when they're being negative about someone vulnerable
Medicine: Ginger is good for nausea
Medicine: Fennel is good for stomach stuff
Medicine: Chamomile and peppermint are good for nausea and calming.
Medicine: Catnip can be used to treat fevers, but shouldn't be taken by pregnant women
Medicine: Eucalyptus oil is good for easing pain and reducing inflammation, even though it's stinky.
Medicine: Elderberry syrup is good for treating colds and flu, and can be given to children
Medicine: Feverfew is good for colds and pain, and for increasing breast milk
Medicine: Rosemary oil eases pain relaxes muscles, and reduces inflammation

Renown: 10, some of the villagers were curiously watching the exchanged, and watched Vega perform what looked like a miracle.
Loot: Some NPC healers for Hopetoun. Do submit this to the Hopetoun tracker.
Injuries/Overstepping: None.
Wealth Points: N/A
Consequences: Some people around Hopetoun have taken to thinking that Vega is a miracle worker. They begin making outlandish requests of her, and at one point a line/crowd of about a dozen or more begins to form, and they all have the most embarrassing and outlandish requests to make of her.

Skill Review: All Skills used appropriately to PC's level

Player Name: Ari'Sora the Slightly Younger.

Points awarded: 15
Magic xp: None

Knowledge:

Alchemy: can be used to make items that can reverse the consequences of sacrifices made to powerful beings
Field Craft: blankets that have been wrapped around heated stones will keep you warm in cold weather
Medicine; Herb: Catnip can be used to treat fevers
Medicine; Herb: Catnip shouldn't be taken by pregnant women
Medicine; Herb: Eucalyptus oil is good for easing pain and reducing inflammation
Medicine; Herb: Elderberry syrup is good for treating colds and flu
Medicine; Herb: Elderberry syrup is safe for children
Medicine; Herb: Fennel is good for stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation and nausea
Medicine; Herb: Feverfew is good for treating fever, migraine headaches, toothaches, stomach pain, arthritis, and for increasing breast milk
Medicine; Herb: Lavender oil is used for pain relief, easing anxiety, and aiding sleep
Medicine; Herb: Morning's savior is a remedy for morning sickness
Medicine; Herb: Rosemary oil eases pain relaxes muscles, and reduces inflammation
Psychology: withdrawing from reality is a powerful coping mechanism, but it is also a trap

Renown: 10 Ari'sora was part of a miracle that people witnessed. Some people around Hopetoun, Faldrass refugees in particular, seem to single her out as a halfriel that may or may not have been at the disaster in Smooglenuff Manor, an arc earlier.
Loot: A new you, a new face, and a new life. Ari'sora is eighteen with a new face *please rework her appearance at your earliest convenience*. All marks and magic and relationships have been removed. She's essentially a new person with none of the same memories. All trauma and supernatural afflictions have been wiped away.
Injuries/Overstepping: N/A
Wealth Points: N/A
Consequences: N/A

Skill Review: All Skills used appropriately to PC's level
Notes: Well I think this was a very nicely written thread. Isra does seem to have some issues to work through, and I hope that NPC finds what she loved about healing in the beginning, because it's clear that she's mistreating Ari'sora in this thread. I was somewhat horrified when Isra began Ari'sora's day with an injection and some tea. But thankfully that didn't set the tone for the rest of the thread.

Vega's advice was really sublime in my opinion. There were moments when I had to stop myself and think 'Yeah, I never would've thought about that but it's true'. Her ideas and concepts regarding hope and it's meaning, and where it comes from were true. Hope isn't given, it's something that crawls out of you if you fight for it. Just as it can recoil if you don't fight for it. Well, Vega put it better than I ever could :lol:

I am going to award Vega a medal, however, because I was genuinely impressed with her wisdom and some of the lines she shared:
Me Gooseta, for writing a haunting passage.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this review, feel free to PM. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 771
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”