• Closed • All I Have to Do Is Dream....

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

All I Have to Do Is Dream....

Arc 721, 28 Ashan

It had been only breaks before that she left Haven. Sighing softly as the ship had pulled away, Elisabeth had admitted to herself that she didn’t want to leave. Yes, she had business in Scalvoris Town and there were things Balthazar wished her to do. There had been a necessity to her leaving but want? No. That would have only been present if the man she loved had come with her but presently it wasn’t an option.

Hitching a ride on the Elements’ ship, Elisabeth’s main goal was to stay out of the way. They had given her use of a small room below deck for sleeping and once things had settled down and they were underway, the young mage had retired there, curling up on the bunk and reading.

Reading could only keep her mind occupied for a while before thoughts of Haven and Balthazar came creeping in again. Finally, deciding that she couldn’t fight it anymore, she opted to get ready for bed. Maybe sleep would improve her mood.

Quickly changing into her nightshirt, the raven-haired mage washed her face and climbed into the blankets, keenly aware that nothing about her surroundings reminded her of home. She gently moved her hand out of the blankets and through the darkness, found the shadow of her ring, letting her eyes trace its edges.

Out of every possession she owned, three were cherished above all others – the scrap of paper that Balthazar had imparted a memory into, the poem he had written for her, and the silver ring. Those three things meant the world to her. She really hadn’t even had any of them for that long and yet, they were a part of her. Especially the ring – a physical reminder of the connection they shared. Every trial at some point, she would catch glimpse of it and smile.

Closing her eyes gently, Elisabeth let her mind settle where it wanted to….

Her dreamscape shifted sometimes. Sometimes it was a combination of the library in Viden and Haven. Sometimes it was just Haven. She theorized upon waking that when she was solely focused on her home, Haven was large and ever-present in her dreams but if she was considering more universal things, her symbolic past of Viden meshed with her present. It was just a theory though...

On that night, Haven was vibrant and beautiful within her mind. It was night and the moon was large and full, luminous in the sky. Sitting in the warm sand, she smiled, sapphire eyes looking out over the water. She was home and happy. Something about Faldrass filled her with peace, always. Stretching her legs out before her, she bent them, laying her arms on her knees. The thin silver ring on her finger caught her attention and she smiled, laying her head down and considering it.

word count: 484
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1815
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: All I Have to Do Is Dream....

28 Ashan 721
Alright. One more time. It can't hurt to try it. You can't get through the veil but maybe you can still walk. What do you think, Fuego? Fuego? Fine! Don't shake your head at me like that. It'll work. It always works. I'm tired and I just want a good chat.

Balthazar found himself in his dreamscape as he often did at the start of his dream but it was different than he remembered. It had been a castle, a bridge over a sea of endless color, a lighthouse, and a forest. It was a forest again but the trees were white and bleeding. Blood red leaves littered the ground and blotted out the sky. Every step was accompanied with a soft crunch as Balthazar moved forward. He tried to summon something into his hand but nothing happened. He tried again and still, nothing. Power gone in all worlds. But there were more basic uses. He began walking with a little more purpose directly ahead into the forest where the trees seemed to grow thicker and thicker until he reached what seemed like a wall of bleeding white trees. There was a narrow opening but it seemed wide enough for him to get through. Here goes nothing. Balthazar reached an arm through first and it felt... cold. He slowly shifted his body sideways and slipped through the narrow opening between the trees, emerging into an endless hallway with paintings lining either side as far as the eye could see.

"Well... this is new." Balthazar began to walk down the hallway with his eyes drifting left and right as he moved. The paintings looked as if they had a foggy sheet of glass over them making it difficult to tell what was inside but there was still a sense of color and shape to each one that made them unique... at least until he turned and saw one he was certain was similar to the last. He walked for what felt like five bits down the endless hallway before deciding he was wasting his time. He wanted a conversation, he had to do something. He moved to the nearest painting and examined it a little more closely. Maybe... maybe he could rub the fogginess off of it? Balthazar reached his hand out and as it touched the hanging artwork, the world around Balthazar lurched and changed.

He was in Haven. How? Not even just Haven, he was in his tent laying on his cot. Had he woken up? No. He looked around and didn't see a single Flame Trooper in sight. This was not real. This was someone's dream. Who was dreaming of Haven? Why? He had to find the dreamer and get answers. Well, more specifically, he assumed finding the dreamer would help him figure it out. He knew all the faces of his settlers so when he saw one, he'd recognize them. It didn't take very long to find her at all. A quick walk showed most of the settlement was empty and he saw a familiar figure on the beach. A figure he'd so recently watched leave their settlement. He approached quietly and announced himself by clearing his throat when he was close enough.

"Personally, I never liked getting sand in my hair."
word count: 558

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 28 Ashan

That was a voice she knew well.

It was the voice she heard when she called to fire. It was the voice that spoke softly to her when they were together. It was a voice she loved.

The air was warm, but not hot. There was a soft ocean breeze, but it was neither chilly nor strong. Everything about the dreamscape she had created was perfect and apparently on that night, someone important to Elisabeth accidentally found his way to her, for the first time in a very long time. Of course, it was also something she wouldn’t know until a later point.

Smiling, her eyes continued to gaze at the water. For her, it was a normal trial in Haven, just the two of them. No one around – just them. Dreams sometimes gave people what they needed in the moment, but for the young woman, there was nothing odd about no one else and the man she loved being right there with her. Her voice was soft as she replied. “It’s never bothered me. Then again, having sand in my hair means I am home, and I happen to like being home. Maybe it is a necessary evil?” Sand was everywhere in Haven and it would have been impossible to escape it, but it had its uses, especially the warm sand of Faldrass.

“But then again, you are ‘home’ for me. Wherever you are, is home. Have I told you that?”

Finally turning to regard him, she gave him the brilliant smile that belonged to him and him alone. He was the only one that could make that smile appear, even in dreams and her being none the wiser that it was truly him with her, and not her dream version of him.

Rising as she brushed off some sand, she walked over to him and slid her arms around his torso. Pressing her long dark curls against his chest, Elisabeth closed her eyes once again, just enjoying the moment. For some reason, it felt like it had been forever since she had been able to do that, but she could not explain why. She just knew she wanted to in a very urgent way.

Raising her head a bit, cerulean eyes glanced up at him as she spoke softly. “And what can I do for you, Clever Boy? You must have come looking for me for some reason. Is there something we need to do?” Curious eyes searched his, looking for any sign of what he wanted from her in that moment. There was always something that needed to be done around the settlement, so she just assumed he needed her help with something, although being as it was night, that list of things certainly was small.

word count: 465
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

28 Ashan 721
How could he forget she wouldn't be as lucid as him? Initially he didn't realize she was still wrapped in the embrace of her dream. She turned to him, she seemed happy, and she approached. Nothing was out of the ordinary in that regard. "Either you're here or you've fallen down again." Balthazar replied in a low choice when Elisabeth said that the sand in her hair meant she was home. She further explained that it was not Haven as much as Balthazar who was her home and while the words were sweet, Balthazar couldn't help but think she'd picked a dangerous person to designate as such. He gave her a small nod, indicating that she'd told him that in various different ways over the time they'd known each other- now she'd just said it a little more plainly. She moved closer quickly, wrapping her arms around Balthazar and pressing her head to his chest. He put his arms around her slowly and it was about then that he began to realize she did not know she was asleep.

She looked up and asked what he needed her for Balthazar gave Elisabeth an odd look. He hadn't come looking specifically for her because he could not use his brands to guide him anymore. He'd only been looking for a dream and this was the one he found. Balthazar slowly broke away from Elisabeth's hug and he considered the most direct approach to waking her up... but then he decided to have a little fun first. "I just wanted to see you. There is nothing left to work on so we can take a little time to ourselves." He said, not trying to shake her from the dream with the truth quite yet. It was her smile that made him decide to hold the ruse for a little longer. She seemed happy in a way that was never quite the same in the waking world. Here it seemed she had everything she wanted. Did he need to ruin it for her by reminding her that she'd gone away?
word count: 363

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 28 Ashan

Elisabeth smiled as he replied to her. “I do seem to fall down a lot when we train. Sometrial, that will not be the case anymore, my love. I’m catching up. Slowly. Better watch out.” Her light, teasing tone faded away as she nuzzled against him, feeling his arms wrap around her, blissfully unaware that she was dreaming and seemingly content to stay in his arms.

The sleeping young woman, had she been lucid, would argue that her happiness in the waking world was assured simply by being with him. The alternative was not acceptable to her. There was always something about a good dream that made people happy, and Elisabeth was no exception.

He broke away from her, but then explained that he just wanted to see and spend time with her. Reaching out her hand to him, Elisabeth smiled. “Time with you is my favorite kind. We could take a walk? Or did you have something else in mind?”

Dreamers could be anything they wished so it was perhaps telling that there was no difference between the woman that appeared before him and his Elisabeth, currently asleep onboard the Elements ship. The young mage simply didn’t feel the need to be anything different than who she was. It had been the same for the very first dream Balthazar had found Elisabeth in, although that dream had many more surprises in store for the pair than they had anticipated and altered their lives in ways they hadn’t imagined.

The island was full of possibilities, and as such, the dreamer simply waited to see what he would say, watching the ocean waves as her voice reached out to him again. “I really love this place.” If he looked at the expression on her face, he would note that it was the exact same one she wore when looking at the ocean in the waking world. Awake, or asleep, the young woman was simply no different.

word count: 332
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

28 Ashan 721
"I'm always watching." Balthazar said with a small grin when Elisabeth warned him that he had better watch out. He knew she was progressing in her skills with unarmed, the sword, and magic but Balthazar wasn't exactly resting on his either. He simply was diversifying his training into a plethora of other weapons and crafts. He had yet to meet someone who could really match him in unarmed combat so it was hard to feel like he was progressing with it. He could always add more opponents to increase the challenge but at a certain point it just felt like showing off and that wasn't really his intention. If he wanted to show off he'd move back to Yaralon and become a Dastrion. He would probably be doing far better in Yaralon than he was doing in Scalvoris but he wouldn't have been helping as many people. If he returned to his first home, he would become very much what people seemed to think he already was.

She asked if he wanted to take a walk and Balthazar shook his head gently. They'd been on enough walks through the real settlement that he didn't think they needed to take a walk through a veiled imitation of it. The beach was pleasant enough. Balthazar gestured towards the water. "This place is nice enough, we won't find anything useful elsewhere." He said, which she seemed to agree with based on what else she had said. He took a deep breath and looked out at the water trying to think about what to talk about that wouldn't shake her from her dream. The problem was they spent so much time together he didn't know what to talk about. What hadn't they already said in some shape or form? The problem with perfect memory was that it made repeating conversations a little predictable. The only new thing to talk about was the one thing that would let her know she wasn't really there. "Do you ever miss the people you knew in Rharne and Viden?" He asked quietly as he reflected on his life. "You had a life there, friends and possibly family you didn't know about. The necklace and it's mystery- you've given all of that up so you could come here."

word count: 397

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 28 Ashan

Dream Elisabeth simply grinned back at the comment he made about watching. “Good. I like it when you watch me.” He said he wanted to remain on the beach, which seemed fine with her. Drifting out to the water’s edge as he spoke his question, she seemed to consider his words as toes dipped into the water. Within dreams, the water was warm and inviting, but there was a question that needed answering.

Turning, she regarding him with a soft, curious smile. “Sometimes, I suppose, but not for the reasons you think." They hadn’t really spoken of her life before Rharne much, but even the version of Elisabeth with him was aware of it. “I didn’t have friends in Viden. I was in love with the city and the Academy, but people? Not then. I wanted a life of facts and books, not people.” Sighing a bit, she turned, flicking water with her toes into the Hollow Sea. “Viden is a city full of people that just focus on academics and rarely each other. So, I suppose in that way, it was perfect for me at that time in life.”

Hopping a bit in the water, laughing softly, she continued. “Rharne woke me up. You…woke me up. I’ve told you before that you saved me, and you did. If I hadn’t met you, I probably would have run back to Viden and never left again…. but what would I really have been running back to? Nothing. And that is where you come in….”

Turning again, but staying in the water, her head gently tilting as she looked at him, a thoughtful look on her face. “I haven’t given up anything, Balthazar. I added something. You. What you bring to my life, I could have never predicted, but I can’t imagine my life without you in it. The mysteries of my past and this necklace aren’t going anywhere. When I solve them, and I will, it will be with you. I’m not in a rush.“

A thought seemed to cross her mind. “Every trial with you is something new. It’s never the same and I don’t want it to ever be the same. When I’m with you, I’m living...not doing whatever it was I was doing in Viden.

word count: 396
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

28 Ashan 721
Elisabeth's response prompted Balthazar to laugh just because of how strange it sounded to him. She liked when he watched her? Ha! What a weird woman. His weird woman. It was a good laugh, and honest laugh- one she hadn't really heard since the trial. Elisabeth moved out towards the water and answered his next question. She did miss it at times, but not for the reasons he thought? So why? then she spoke of not having friends and preferring a world of books and facts. Many trials it seemed like that was better world to live inside. People were complicated. People were messy. People betrayed and hurt you. Books and facts were constants that never changed. They were reliable, predictable, and boring. He could never read the same book twice anymore. He just sat and thought about the first time he'd read it. Elisabeth mused that the life was perfect for her at the time which hinted that she was about to speak of changes.

He smirked when she said Rharne had woken her up. It was an ironic choice of words. He could wake her again but he still didn't want to. He was enjoying this conversation. However when Elisabeth said she hadn't given up anything, she'd only added to her life, Balthazar's smirk seemed to slip. He felt like she'd given up a lot to be there with him and he didn't feel like he was worth it. Despite what she said, he remembered the one she trained with and the others she'd been living with when he met her. Perhaps she didn't consider them friends but surely there was some relationship lost there. When she addressed the mysteries of the past and claimed they were not going anywhere, Balthazar shook his head a little. "Given too long, any trail can run cold." A detective's advice but it was up to her to heed or not. She powered on. She said that when she was with him she was living and he lived in fear of the moment that would not be true.

Still, that didn't matter for the moment. They had the dream, they didn't have to worry about the real world or what might come tomorrow. And in the dream she'd said many, many nice things to him. Words were never his strong suit so he did what he thought he was good at instead. "You are far better than I deserve, Elisabeth." He smiled again and looked around. "This is a wonderful dream you have made. I tend not to dream about Haven but this is certainly a nice rendition." He said with a gesture around at the beach, hoping now to wake her so they would speak a little more clearly. She may have been dreaming she was herself, but she would not understand the full scope of the freedom until she was lucid. He moved slowly towards her in the water, stopping just at the edge. Water had never been his element, but he hadn't felt anything but neutrality from it in a while. "Do understand what I mean?"

word count: 536

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 28 Ashan

Smiling as he laughed, it appeared dream Elisabeth liked when he was laughing. “Oh, I’ve really missed that laugh. I love that laugh. Now, the trick will be trying to replicate the act that caused it in the future…”

Grinning, the conversation progressed. She told him of her life in Viden and by extension, Rharne. If anything, the version of his Elisabeth that he was talking to seemed a little less restricted in the words she said to him. They touched on her necklace and things he felt like she was giving up for a life with him. “Balthazar, those trails were ice cold when I found you. When I found you, I also found someone that can help me unravel those mysteries so again, what have I lost? Nothing. And gained everything. The people I miss are still there. I just sent a letter to Gennadiya the other trial and I’m planning to write Prae and Varlum soon. I’ve not lost them. I accept this life with hope, enthusiasm, and gratitude. I told you that back in Rharne, when you told me you were scared of losing me.”

Sighing softly, her gaze found his, laughing a bit. “Here is where I want to be. I’ve never been surer of that. I just wish there were a way I could convince you that I’m of sound mind and heart and not just crazy.” When he told her that she was far better than he deserved, a deep crimson blush appeared, quickly followed by a smile..."You've never said that before..."

Curiously, she looked back at him, a sincere look on her face, framed by dancing raven curls caught in the playful swirls of wind. "What can I do or say that will settle your mind on this? That will convince you once and for all that I want to be with you and that I have no doubts about it?"

Then he started talking a bit strangely, about dreams. He walked to the water’s edge, prompting her to meet him there, a soft, confused smile on her face. Shaking her head gently, she wrapped her arms around his neck, looking at him as he asked if she knew what he meant. “I don’t…but there is something I do understand. You are worth everything to me. I know you don’t think so, and you question that. I maybe can’t change that for you…but I can tell you that I’ve never questioned your worth in my life. You, Clever Boy, are my family, so get used to it.”

Grinning mischievously at him, she lifted on her toes and gently let her lips find his.

word count: 459
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

28 Ashan 721
Was she awake already? There were striking similarities between the dreaming Elisabeth and the one he knew in the waking world. She seemed to remember that he was not as happy as he had once been but she did not recognize the odd circumstances around them. There were no guards or people, they were entirely alone, and she didn't realize that it was wrong. Elisabeth remembered the feeling but not the details. Was that a reflection of the mind or just her mind? Dreams never ceased to surprised Balthazar with their potential to reveal things about the dreamer he visited. Elisabeth tried to reassure him that she hadn't lost anything, but for every person she said she kept in touch with he thought of one who she no longer spoke to. She mentioned Praetorum, and he thought of the professor in Viden who she'd seemed a little different around. However the conversation moved forward and he said nothing more to express that doubt. It would not help wake her up.

"I'm not worried that you are crazy. I believe you." Balthazar said with a sad smile when Elisabeth insisted she was where she wanted to be and that she had never been more confident of that. He was worried that she had chosen to be somewhere that would ultimately get her killed. He was happy she had chosen to be with him, but that was hardly a safe place to be. How could one express that they were what they feared, not the person they cared about? In this case, they didn't. They just continued to try and enjoy the moment they were in. Elisabeth blushed and smiled and said he'd never said what he did moments ago to her before. He nodded his head slightly. "There are a lot of things I don't say. I thought you'd figured out by now that words aren't exactly my strength. I prefer to do things."

Elisabeth met him at the water's edge and wrapped her arms around his neck, getting closer than necessary to respond to him. If they'd been awake and the guards had been around, he would have been uncomfortable with her hanging on him but not in this dream. When it was just the two of them, he didn't really care what she did as long as it made her happy. He wasn't nearly as physical in that regard but he tried to make up for it other ways. She didn't understand him. Disappointment flashed over his face and he his brow furrowed slightly. She was still in the dream. It might have been harder to break her out of this one because it was so similar to their reality... so maybe he needed to try a little harder. A swift jab to the stomach might do it... or a leg sweep... or maybe he could flip her over him? The sudden shock would surely be enough to make her lucid.

He thought about kissing her, which he knew for a fact she was thinking about based on how close she'd gotten to speak to him. One did not casually wrap their arms around another person's neck like she had unless they were about to strangle you or they were looking for a kiss. If he gave her that, it might not wake her either and then what would be the point? She wouldn't remember it and he'd feel a little bit like he was taking advantage of her. He thought about how to make it clear to Elisabeth that she was dreaming while she continued to tell him how much he meant to her. She called him family and then she kissed him. He'd been thinking too much and she made the move. He enjoyed it... but he'd enjoy what he did next too.

Balthazar slipped a hand to Elisabeth's lower back while their lips locked together and then very suddenly kicked her legs out from under her- using the hand to slow her fall towards the sand and allowing him to position himself over her. "You are sweet, but I was saying that you are dreaming. This is a dream." Balthazar put a hand on her sternum to keep her from rising from the ground and hovered just a little bit over her face with his own. "In a literal sense. Any time with you is a 'dream' but this time it really is." Balthazar tapped her on the sternum twice with his hand. "You should stop worrying so much about what I think of you and your feelings toward me. You know how I feel. I've told you before. Do you remember?" Another way to see if she was lucid yet he supposed...
word count: 812

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”