Closed Which is more applicable to hone? Drawing or Writing? Topic is solved

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Which is more applicable to hone? Drawing or Writing?

I could not figure whether the runes would fall under drawing a picture or writing because it seems to be a language. I take it that putting the runes on your body would fall under hone but I'm talking about using a writing utensil to put runes on paper for learning, etc
word count: 53
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Which is more applicable to hone? Drawing or Writing?

Normally I'd say there's some overlap between the two when it comes to writing runes. It's mostly writing, for the precision and correct way of scribing the runes at first. As you get farther along in hone (like expert or so) the exact drawing becomes less important, and it becomes more an issue of general correctness in the shape of the runes and intent and physical contact (with either pen, hands, or a weapon in some cases). At master, you can practically just slap them on people with merely a thought.

tl;dr:

So I'd tentatively say that writing is the way to go for Hone at least for beginners.
word count: 114
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”