[Haven] Serenity & Serendipity

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

[Haven] Serenity & Serendipity

Arc 721, 17 Ashan

The Garden was something of a wonder. For everything they gave up for being in a remote, somewhat inaccessible area on Faldrass, was made up for by the presence of the Serenity Garden. The young woman visited it almost every trial, meditating and considering some of life’s bigger questions. Doing anything more than that seemed like it would be disrespectful.

She visited often with Balthazar as well, sometimes talking. Sometimes not, just enjoying comfortable silence with each other. After arriving in Haven, both of them had endured hard landings in the settlement, trying to figure out what the new normal was – at least for the time being. It meant a shadow for him and no privacy for them. To her, however, it was worth it just to be with him and helping Haven begin to find its footing.

Sitting on a small patch of grass under the beautiful pink tree overlooking the cliff, eyes closed, Elisabeth listened for air, the soft laugh that always greeted her when she visited that spot. She would listen for elements, certainly…but the young woman never manifested magic within the Garden – something else she felt might be a bit discourteous. She often marveled at how meditating allowed her to hear the elements more clearly. Perhaps it was just about the focus but she enjoyed learning the lesson.

That trial, mostly, she just wanted to sit and think about how grateful she was to be on the island with Balthazar. Sometimes she considered grand questions of life or contemplated smaller subjects with more direct impact, but not that trial. Gratitude was what she wished to think about. Thankfulness that she had been afforded the opportunity to live in such a wondrous place. Appreciation for being given the chance to help people….and all of it she was able to do with the one she loved.

She had wanted a life with him. The Universe had decided to grant her that wish, and she wouldn’t take a single trial of it for granted.

Taking a deep breath in, she held it for a moment or two, doing a few exercises she had learned to enhance meditation, while she considered whether it was time to wander back to the settlement.

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 379
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1815
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Haven] Serenity & Serendipity

17 Ashan 721
Every trial was spent working, this trial being nothing special to warrant any sort of break from the work. Balthazar spent most of the time finalizing the houses of the settlers and helping the builders put up the base of the windmill. It had been a long trial and the man began to wonder, after breaks of talking to builders, where exactly Elisabeth had gone off to. It was never hard to find anyone in Haven for Balthazar. Everywhere he walked it seemed like all fingers pointed directly towards the person he was looking for but that was jut because his people were eager to provide him with any information he asked for. He enjoyed it but he also worried they might be as willing to share with someone else as persuasive as him. He would have to work on countermeasures to ensure people couldn't track him again. The pointing fingers and friendly faces directed him towards the Serenity Garden which had become one of Balthazar's favorite places in the prison island Faldrass.

It sat just outside of Haven, protected from the Badlands by the growing settlement and providing respite to those in need from the settlers. Balthazar thought he made more progress sitting in the Serenity Garden and meditating on his own than he did with the man from the Order. It was strange. On the outside he presented himself as if he strongly disliked the man but there was something about the way that Elliot challenged him in conversation that he found intriguing. Elisabeth probed him about feelings and he never wanted to share his feelings with the Elements so he often felt frustrated but Elliot probed him about... something different. It was hard for Balthazar to explain but it felt like sparring with words.

He found Elisabeth exactly where he thought she would be. The Serenity Garden was large but it seemed that almost everyone ended up beneath the pink tree when they visited it. It was a beautiful sight and in Balthazar's opinion, if you were going to visit the garden you did not have a complete trip without visiting the tree. She was meditating and so he tried his best to be quiet until she was done. When she moved, he spoke, "This is a nice place. I hope to keep it exactly like this as Haven grows around it." He mused before looking back at the shadow following him. It was Trean totrial and sometimes Balthazar amused himself by saying things just to confuse them. One trial he'd hate apples and the next he'd love them, he he'd always love Elisabeth. "You should try meditating by the jubiplant field, I find it easier and let go of everything I'm holding onto while I'm there."

word count: 471

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 17 Ashan

There had always been something about Balthazar’s voice that she loved. Especially when she wasn’t expecting it. Maybe it was the tone or timbre, or the manner in which sometimes it lowered, just for her. Maybe it was because he could be a man of few words, so when he spoke words, Elisabeth listened.

She had just begun to stretch, eyes still closed, when he spoke. He couldn’t see, but a beautiful smile slipped free as she heard him, replying softly without turning. “It will. We will make sure of it. This place should remain just as it is for future generations…”

Haven was small, but sometrial, it wouldn’t be. It would grow, expand. People would have children, raise them there and life would go on. Serenity Garden needed to be there for them as well.

Rolling back a bit, she quickly unfolded her legs and gracefully rolled up onto her feet, stretching a bit more as she turned to look at him, smile still present. “This is a surprise – a wonderful one at that. I always enjoy visits from my favorite person.” Striding over to Balthazar, she gently reached out to squeeze his hand before releasing it, listening to him tell her of the jubiplant.

“Well, why don’t we come together sometime and mediate?” It might not have seemed like a great date plan but something the young mage was finding out very quickly is that it mattered not what she did with Balthazar – only that she was with him.

Almund had taught her that.

She was also learning that words weren’t necessary between them. It was an interesting lesson for her to learn as words were one of her greatest weapons, but Balthazar – in a few different ways and instances – had conveyed to her that her presence in Haven, with him, showed him more about how she felt then presents or words.

Poking him gently in the stomach with a grin, she gazed up at him. “So, what would you like to do with our unexpected time together?” Balthazar always had ideas and plans. Always. He had come looking for her for a reason, even if that reason was that he missed her. “Training of some sort? Talk? We can meditate again if you need to? Take a walk on the beach? …”

She didn’t care what they did. Next to him was where she was happiest.

word count: 409
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

17 Ashan 721
Elisabeth spoke of future generations but Balthazar was always more concerned with the generations at work now. Children were... complicated and often irritating little creatures that just said the most outlandish things. However Balthazar's experiences with children had been limited and haunting at best. The Necromancer had taken children twice and the- Balthazar cast his train of thought off a long bridge by suddenly thinking about the jubiplants. If he thought about the things he'd seen in the necromancer's lair he would fall into too dark of a mood to do anyone any good. Vri's gift was not always pleasant but it was always present. The garden helped him deal with a lot of the things he would rather not remember. He could have banished the memories- at least he thought he could. He'd always felt the memories slipping when he put them into objects but he never let them go completely. Every memory created who he was and if he cut one out, it would change him in some measurable way... at least if he cut out the ones he would have preferred to part with.

Elisabeth said that he was her favorite person and she enjoyed visits from him, prompting the smile she'd be fairly familiar with by now but he did not say anything to address that part. Instead he addressed her question about why they did not spent some time together meditating in the garden. "Well part of me I worries that I might distract you from your meditation and the other part of me is unwilling to deprive our settlement of both you and I for such an extended period." Balthazar said. He gave a small shrug and added, "There are also far better things to do together than sit and breathe in silence." Elisabeth could argue against that, but she'd probably have a hard time convincing Balthazar.

However she'd more or less turned that notion of 'better things to do' against Balthazar, asking him what he meant to do now with their 'unexpected' time together. He didn't know how unexpected it really was, being that they lived on the same island together and slept in the same tent, but he didn't say anything about it because his mind was running with thoughts about what they might do. "I get enough training with the settlers every night, I'd rather restrict it to that unless you want to practice your magic." Balthazar offered her the choice to practice her magic or not, his opinion on it having soured somewhat since the trial. He thought it was important she learn, but he lacked the tools he needed to teach her... so he found someone else who could, but they were still a bit off. Word traveled slowly but Balthazar was resourceful and word did still travel. "Otherwise, maybe we could go for a walk? Honestly I didn't have anything in mind when I came to find you."

word count: 505

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 17 Ashan

Elisabeth always knew when Balthazar was slipping into a subject he had darker feelings about. That might have been characterizing it a bit dramatically, but it was the best word she had been able to produce. There was a look in his eye that changed, just a bit. She was the only one that knew what it meant and while that fact made her feel special, she couldn’t hide from the fact that sometimes she wished she didn’t know what it meant.

Greeting his smile with one of hers, she walked over to him as he spoke of his reasons for not meditating together. He was being serious about his reasons, but Elisabeth was simply happy to see him, so her comments descended into the realm of mischievousness, standing close to him and gazing up. “Hmmm…you might be right about that. You really are the most distracting thing Idalos has to offer.” Grinning a bit, she added. “To me, at least.” The young mage was very, very, very, very biased….but no truer words had ever been spoken in her opinion.

His next reason caused just the tiniest little shrug. “You, I agree. Me? I’m just a girl. Sometrial, I’ll get there. I do what I can.” Elisabeth wasn’t trying to be modest in the least. Balthazar, even without magic, was a force. Elisabeth was a tiny force, still learning. She had a good skillset with blade, defiance, and unarmed but most of those things could be accomplished by other people in tandem as well. She didn’t argue the point though because of what the comment symbolized. She wouldn’t take that from him. "And while I understand the point, you and I need our time together too." Elisabeth had been stubborn about that. The trial had stripped the man she loved of much but the one thing she was furiously adamant about was that he knew every trill of every trial that first and foremost, they were Balthazar & Elisabeth.

His last comment, about being better things to do, brought the grin back. “On that, my love, I will agree wholeheartedly. Although….” She let the words slide off into oblivion, knowing he would catch her meaning. Looking past Balthazar, she smiled at his shadow of the day and waved, mouthing the word ‘sorry’.

She really wasn’t. The grin she gave Balthazar would confirm that.

It had taken her time to get on the same page as him regarding their relationship and how he felt about showing pieces of it to the shadows. Balthazar was fiercely protective of what they had, and it manifested in sometimes strange ways. He would let down his guard occasionally, as he had the night of the bonfire when he had kissed her head and held her close. Or the moment in their tent when he had introduced her to Fuego and spent a few moments caressing her hair. They were special moments because despite how he felt about being watched 24/7, those moments had still occurred.

They may have lived in the same settlement and tent, but their responsibilities within the settlement were vastly different. Could they see each other any time they wished? Yes. Did they? Usually not, for duties kept them apart. So, when she had the chance to see him when she wasn’t expecting it, it was a treat for her.

Elisabeth shook her head at magic. She had already trained in Defiance earlier and besides, she wanted them to do something that wasn’t training-based. Considering his words, she smiled.

“A walk sounds perfect. We could go peek in that forest at the edge of Serenity Garden that you’ve been wanting to see?” The strange woods were a source of fascination for the people that had stood at the edge and looked in, but Balthazar had wanted to look first before clearing people to enter. Perhaps the bit of downtime the pair had would be good for that.

word count: 673
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

17 Ashan 721
"It's not about what you are or what I am." Balthazar pointed out to her when she said that she was just a girl. "How you use what you know determines your impact, not the amount of things you know." The trial had proven that. Balthazar amassed a lot of knowledge and made a lot of plans but he didn't create anything concrete for the Elements and so all his knowledge and time spent studying was considered worthless to them. All the effort he had put in to learn was worth nothing because he did not also put forward the capital to mass produce supplies. But they weren't talking about him. "You've done plenty." When Elisabeth commented about the better things to do, Balthazar did something he did not do often. He rolled his eyes. Then he nudged Elisabeth in the side with his elbow gently, knowing full well that she knew what she'd been doing when she said that. Elisabeth moved on, the conversation moved on, and she suggested they look at the forest at the edge of the Serenity Garden.

Balthazar had mixed feelings about the forest because he wasn't quite sure where it ended and the garden began but he knew they wouldn't find that line unless they explored so he nodded in agreement. "A walk in uncharted woods with the two of us?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, "What could possibly go wrong?" Then he turned and gestured towards Trean. "Good thing you're here to protect us," he turned back to Elisabeth, "let's go." Then he looked around a little bit- trying to assess which direction it was in before he started walking. Once they were on the move he wouldn't spend very long silently. He was still going to mind his words with the shadow so Elisabeth couldn't expect much but he'd talk to her at least. "So, when a forest is sitting this close to the garden, were do you think we draw the line when it comes to cutting down trees for lumber?"
word count: 360

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 17 Ashan

In some moments, Balthazar was still very much the mentor. There was an exceptionally fine balance between the two of them, and it worked most of the time. Every now and then, one of them would get into a snit about something and things would get a bit rocky, but they always sorted it in the end. It was not often that someone’s mentor and significant other were the same person. Elisabeth's desire was that while they respected the one relationship, they never forgot about the other. Being his student was important, but being them would last a lifetime.

He was proving a point and she appreciated it, turning to regard him with a smile. “I know I have. I just meant that I am not you. You are not replaceable in this equation. I am. What I can do, can be replicated by others here. What you can do, cannot, love. I don’t mean to devalue myself, but you know that I’m a realist.”

Squeezing his arm, she grinned at his rolled his eyes, eliciting a musical laugh from her. Had Trean not been there, she would have kissed Balthazar…but she didn’t - an urge that was difficult to resist. Instead, she wickedly arched her eyebrow, gave him a smoldering look, and turned to walk towards the exit to the garden. Elisabeth was aware of the effect she had on Balthazar because it was very mutual. Out of respect for the situation they were in and continued to be in, however, she had chosen not to tease in that way. It wasn’t fair to either of them.

Another smile slipped free as he questioned what possibly could happen with the two of them going on a walk in the woods. “Well, I don’t know but trouble does seem to follow you everywhere,” she said, spoken with a teasing tone. Nudging his body gently with hers, Elisabeth gently touched his arm as she considered his question.

Looking up and around, she considered what would be a good line between the two features. Pointing at the unusual trees that made up the wood, she quickly glanced back at the Garden to compare. “Those trees don’t seem to be present in the Garden. I would think, maybe, where the first one of those trees is would be a good marking point? They don’t seem to start until a bit in so we can simply leave all the other foliage between the Garden and Trees as a buffer zone?”

As well, she had a few more thoughts. Elisabeth always had a few more thoughts.

“I think, perhaps, we should think about trying to grow baby trees from whatever these drop? We will want to replace what we cut down. Also, maybe when cutting down, we try to take only one from each little clump of trees? That will offer the baby trees protection when we replant.” If he offered her a look, she would simply shrug her shoulders and smile. “Delilah went with me yesterday to look at the Rubrum Berry Plants. I listened and learned things. I’m sure she would be willing to come out here with me and look at the trees.”

Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 545
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

17 Ashan 721
"You were at the trial, Kura disagrees with you." Balthazar pointed out when Elisabeth said that he was not replaceable and she was. He remembered quite clearly that Kura's final threat was that if she decided he was not suited to the task she would have someone replace him. Each trial he spent in Haven, he made that task harder for her. Every trial he made his people just a little more loyal to him instead of the Council. There were, of course, those who held onto their mainland trust because the Elements had been there providing for them while Balthazar was imprisoned but there were just as many who recognized the incredible progress that was being made only a week after Balthazar was released. Only a week, and without magic! It was easy for that half of the settlement to argue and deeply believe that if the Council had never interfered, they'd be much, much farther along by now.

Furthermore there were a great number who believed that by restricting Balthazar to the island, the growth of the settlement was limited further. This argument was stoked constantly by Balthazar proposing ideas, realizing he could not go to retrieve what he was talking about, and then the group that was set failing to perform the task without him there to help lead them. The loyalist argued that the reason those groups would fail was because they were provided with lacking guidance, not because of the government at large. In that argument, Balthazar had to agree with the loyalists. He was never surprised by how uncommon common sense seemed to be these trials. Well specifically since he'd gotten into the business of governing. Everyone wanted something and the wants were not always compatible which created far more unnecessary conflict than necessary. "And without my magic, you are the one who can perform feats that can not be replicated- not I." But he moved on to discuss the trees with Elisabeth.

"A buffer zone is a good idea but it'll be harder to manage if I'm ever not here." Balthazar said thoughtfully as he looked around them. "Maybe we use some of the wood to make a fence around the Serenity Garden?" He proposed. A fence was hardly high up on their list of priorities but it would help them immeasurably when it came to drawing the line between the garden and the woods that they were harvesting lumber from. Elisabeth spoke about growing little trees and leaving some trees standing to protect the younger ones while they grew and Balthazar gave her a strange look. He had a lot of books but he didn't think he had one on the proper way to grow a tree so he couldn't help but wonder where all this knowledge was coming from. Then she explained that she'd been speaking with the Munny daughter and Balthazar gave a slight nod. There were few experts in the village but they typically only needed competent workers for Balthazar and Elisabeth to figure the rest out.

"We should plant a lot near the windbreak. The stone pillars I made are strong but if we had trees there we'd have more to harvest and it would probably protect the Munny farm better." On account of the trees being taller than the stone pillars- thought Balthazar was not sure if the height would really make a difference in terms of wind breakage. "We'll need one of them if we want to collect whatever it is you use to plant trees. I don't know what to look for other than wood- which it seems that we have found plenty of." Balthazar said as his eyes wandered the forest around them. Some of the trees were different than the others- prismatic in certain ways that the standard tree just was not. If not for those trees, he would have thought of the ashen forest from his dream and the strange throne frozen in time. "But in general yes, you're right. We should try to plant one for ever tree we cut down. Maybe two if we have the space." Maybe they could surround Haven with trees? No... no... his memory of the creep was still too fresh.
word count: 720

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 17 Ashan

Elisabeth knew that they were talking about abilities and such, but it felt like a good time to remind Balthazar of something she knew that he knew…but sometimes the words needed to be said, and these words, she had never said to him. Arching an eyebrow, she blocked his path for just a moment, smiling at him as she placed her hand on his chest. “You cannot be replaced or replicated. To me. Ever.” It was a sharp look she gave him, but one full of affection and love.

Stepping away, she turned, addressing the rest of his comment. “Kura can think what she likes. That is her right and I won’t address that. What I will address is what I can see in front of me… you are the leader of this settlement and I’ve watched you worry and concern yourself with almost every aspect of it since we arrived, despite what happened. That’s not considering what you did before I arrived in Cylus either. There isn’t one inch of this place that doesn’t have your fingerprints all over it. I’m proud to be here with you, doing what we are doing.”

Caressing his arm, they moved into the trees, considering them. He stated that the buffer zone was a good place to start but might be difficult to maintain if he wasn't there. “Not necessarily. I mean, there are others of us that can make sure the zone isn’t violated but I do agree that maybe a more physical barrier is required, at least as a visual reminder.”

Nodding her agreement about the fence, they moved on to where to plant more trees and propagation. “I agree about protecting the farm. Wind, I wouldn’t think, is good for growing plants. Delilah taught me about how the Rubrum Berry plant propagates itself and I’m sure if I bring her out here, she could tell us what we need to grow baby trees and we can collect it at that time. I don't think trees are like plants. The berry bush sends out these funny runners, like vines, and where they touch the ground, they make a new plant. I think trees might be more complicated.” In her mind, the more trees, the better but they would have to be smart about it.

They were of the same mind about replanting trees as well, so it seemed for the moment that things were on track. Stepping further into the wood, something caught Elisabeth’s eye up in the trees. Glancing up, she caught movement again, quickly moving in the direction of it. Finally, she slowed, having a clear sight of what she had seen. Smiling, she turned, motioning Balthazar over, and pointed into the trees.

About 100 yards off, up in one of the rainbow trees, sat a…well…large bird-like creature. It wasn’t a small bird by any stretch. Perhaps the size of a goose, although she had only seen one of those a time or two. "Have you seen that bird before here? It's huge."

word count: 526
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

17 Ashan 721
When Elisabeth clarified what she had meant, saying he was not replaceable to her, Balthazar's hand shifted over to Elisabeth and he gave her a gentle squeeze before his hand shifted back to his side. He knew what she meant but in terms of the initial conversation it did not help further her point. Being irreplaceable to her did not make him irreplaceable, even if he wanted it to. Then she went on to elaborate a little, starting by mentioning that Kura could think what she wanted and Elisabeth wouldn't address it. Balthazar was curious about that. He knew why he did not address his thoughts on Kura. He was intentionally hiding them. Was Elisabeth? Was part of her afraid she'd say something that would get reported as well? It was difficult to be a newcomer in a land where the head of the government would hear almost every word you spoke. He'd traveled around as a mage long enough to experience that. She spoke of his work and his worrying over the settlement but it didn't quite put him at ease. He was happy to be there with her as well, but he was far from proud. It was harder to take pride in work that felt like a fourth of the effort he could have put forward before.

But he was glad to be there with her. She pointed out that there wasn't a spot in the settlement that Balthazar had not touched in some way while building it up and he nodded but again did not think it helped her argument. For all his work, if Kura thought he didn't improve or was unsuited, she could take it away and give it off to someone else. However if in light of his work he seemed unsuited... he'd consider her judgement in question. Granted, he may not have been promoting the most cooperative message but what could they expect? "I was only here for a trial before word reached me about Sparrow." Balthazar said to Elisabeth because she'd mentioned what he had done in Cylus before she arrived. "But it was a very productive trial. Magic is... remarkable." He seemed content to leave it at that and move on with the conversation.

She said that they didn't necessarily need a fence because others could enforce the rules Balthazar gave but then agreed a physical barrier would be good. He decided it would be a worthwhile precaution to explain. "You're right, others can watch it while I'm away but a persuasive person at the right time could convince most people to let things slide unless we have a clear line drawn." He knew because he'd been that persuasive person before. After all, Viden had given him a small party to burn down a building in their city with and that seemed like a radical idea- but one conversation with Balthazar and they allowed him to do it. He didn't want some silver tongued opportunist to harm the garden. He had a second reason but did not think it worth bringing up. They were in no apparent danger yet.

"I know it isn't," Balthazar said when Elisabeth mused that wind might not have been good for growing plants, "Bran, the builder who helped me make the windbreak, used to build them for farms so that the crops were protected." Where had Bran gone off too? Hm... He was probably around somewhere. Elisabeth kept talking about the berry plant and said something Balthazar did not quite understand. "Propagate? What's that mean? Honestly I didn't understand most of what you said. I'm better when I see things being done than when they're explained and well, you saw the garden at my house in Scalvoris Town. I'm no gardener." Trean grinned and hid it quickly but Elisabeth quickly found another fascination, spotting a large bird a little bit off from them up in a tree. Balthazar turned his head to look at the bird and he gave a little shrug.

"It's large, but I wouldn't say huge." He pointed out before giving Elisabeth a once over with his eyes, "Alright, compared to you, yes- huge. What do you think it is?" Balthazar asked Elisabeth before looking over at Trean. Trean shook his head slightly and then looked towards Elisabeth.
word count: 741

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”