• Graded • Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

User avatar
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image

The world was chaos.

They were both thrown off their feet and, while they could recover from that, both Elisabeth Expert Endurance and Woe Competent Endurance had to scrabble to get up and they were in the middle of a crazy storm and three exploding buildings. No matter what level of control both Expert Discipline they had, they simply could not communicate. The thunder was too loud, the screams were too loud, and the exploding buildings and lightning strikes were - too loud.

Elisabeth crawled over to Ru, and she wrapped the child in her cloak. As she did that, the Element Hall itself collapsed. Dust and debris flew out, mingling with the hailstones and the pair of them were in a dire situation, Elisabeth and the child who now simply clung to her. Terror had taken the child's voice completely, but her eyes were open. She had cuts and blood on her, but there was no time to know more than that.

Woe quickly drew the rune and made his way to the Albarech. He mirrored Elisabeth's movements, in many ways. He too wrapped her up into a blanket.

And the second building collapsed.

They were out of time.

There was no time to do anything, at that point, except make a simple choice.

NeitherBoth Competent Strength of them were particularly strong, though they could hold their own. However, the wind was of such a speed that it was a maelstrom which pushed them and would send them flying, if they did not steel themselves against it. Add in to that the golfball-sized hailstones, lightning striking the ground around them and buildings collapsing and burning and sending debris flying into the maelstrom, and they were both facing a significant physical challenge to be clear - you are dealing with wind of gale or even hurricane levels, hailstones the size of golf balls, lightning striking the ground randomly and, of course, making things explode, then two (currently) buildings which have collapsed and the debris has been caught up in the wind..... you're in a death trap, basically. Ru clung to Elisabeth, and was lighter to carry.

Kura, however, was a normally healthy woman of five foot eleven. She was also not clinging on and so would be harder to carry - although Woe was able to call on Breen to help if needed.

The situation was getting worse - and the pair of them had a choice. They could not see more than a foot in front of them, because of swirling dust. Although, as she looked around, Elisabeth Master Detection thought that she spotted the beggar woman moving towards Woe. But, even with her sharp eyes, she couldn't be sure as the dust swirled. So, they had a choice - and in that moment, it was simple.

Try and take cover there. Or try and get out of what was, basically, the center of a storm.
 ! Message from: Peg
Hey both - so - my bad, I obviously didn't give enough emphasis to how bad a situation this is. I've pulled us back a bit, to where you are kneeling over your charges (Ru for Elisabeth, Kura for Woe) . You have the following timeframe:

In 5 seconds - the final building will collapse. This will add to the flying swirling glass and wood etc.
5 seconds after that - is where you must end your post. Please do whatever you would do - but this is absolute pandemonium and there is a very real risk of dead or serious injury. Please let me know in the next post what you're doing (hankering down, making a break for it) and how you're protecting yourself (what flesh is exposed, what protection do you have) and your charge (same thing).

Thankee!
word count: 628
Image
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~


Family visiting. Send help!
User avatar
Woe
Approved Character
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image
Image
For the most part, and in light of his proximity, Breen did everything in his power to protect Ru, and by extension, Elisabeth. He took in their lingering sorrow, but spat out their terror and panic, having no use for it. Woe sent a telepathic urge to Breen that Ru was to be protected if he had a bead on them. As for himself...

Out of time and out of favor.

Woe stumbled on his way, unable to make it any farther with the Albarech’s body, who was heavier than he’d anticipated, even with his back and abdomen strengthened and bolstered by the chains runes of strength and endurance. It seemed magic would do him little good here, between his weak abrogative magics and the more subtle magic he possessed. Omnivision would only work so well, but there were so many notes and frequencies in all the chaos that he couldn’t make heads or tails of it. So he stopped looking to magic in that moment.

He knelt on the ground, as close to a larger piece of rubble as he could within a second or two. He laid the Albarech’s body on the ground, simultaneously removing the blanket from her, then wrapping it around his back, covering against any flying glass or splinters. Then he descended on Kura, wrapping both of them up in the sturdy, magical blanket. It wouldn’t protect them from getting crushed, but it was greater than any chance of a prayer either of them had at that moment.

All the while, he held her beneath his own body, so that if anything crushed either of him, he would absorb most of the impact himself. The Albarech must survive, come whatever happened. Woe wouldn’t care if he died to make certain it happened.

So he held tight, bracing himself for the worst of the raging storm all around them. He had no prayers left for any Immortals, whether his own or any that might happen to be striding by. His world right now was just a whirling tempest, him, a blanket, and the Albarech.
ooc
To be clear, Woe and the Albarech are completely covered by his blanket, which while sturdy isn't going to protect them from a building falling on them :P
word count: 382
Image*Image*Image
User avatar
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 am
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise


Image


Arc 721, 30 Ashan

They were out of time.

Elisabeth had made it to Ru, covering and protecting the girl underneath her cloak. The cloak was the only protection she had from the debris swirling in the air. She couldn’t see very far so all she knew at that moment is that it was her and Ru. She thought she saw the beggar woman moving towards Woe and Kura but she wasn’t sure.

Trying to move against the wind was difficult, so staying low seemed to be the best option, especially with the debris. She tried to crawl her and Ru closer to Woe and Kura, thinking it best for them all to be together. The young mage had very few trills to make decisions that would impact both her and her charge. Woe had Kura – she needed to protect Ru.

Clutching the girl to her, Elisabeth looked around and knew at that moment she had to make a stand where they were. There was a brief thought about trying to move towards one of the buildings that had already collapsed, finding shelter there, but with the smoke so thick in the air, she really couldn’t see anything. She wouldn't know if she was moving to safety or into more danger.

Her body shielding Ru, the young mage had one idea. She had no idea if it would work or not, but it seemed as though it was time to try just about anything. Balthazar had taught her that - you fight with every tool you have available, and you fight until you can't fight anymore. If ever there was a moment she needed to remember that lesson, it was that moment.

Pulling her cloak over them both, she ducked her head and concentrated, pulling Ru as close to her as she could. Silver ribbons began to swirl in her eyes, reaching out to air and directing it to push away from the pair, hopefully deflecting something, anything, from their path. Her range was limited, and she wasn’t a powerful Defier like Balthazar, but maybe it would be enough.

Her mind focused on her magic, but she spoke to Ru….and a few someone else's. Thought wasn’t even given before the words slipped free.

“Ziell, thank you for guiding and believing in me.”

Words of appreciation.

“It will be okay, Ru.”

Words of comfort and assurance, in the face of Beneath.

I love you, Balthazar Black

Words of love and commitment.

Words were one of her sharpest tools....but a tool that couldn't be used in the situation they were in. Instead, she used them to voice appreciation, comfort, and love.

Elisabeth concentrated on her magic, commanding air, until their situation changed...



ooc
For clarification, Elisabeth and Ru are completely under Elisabeth's cloak. Ru is under Elisabeth's body and Elisabeth's cloak hood is up. Elisabeth is trying to push air away from the pair using Dancing (technique) w/Defiance. Elisabeth, as a Defier, also should be shown deference by the elements of some degree but I've not written that because I don't know how much it is affecting things.
Last edited by Elisabeth Black on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 531
User avatar
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image

In the first two seconds, they tried to move, both of them. Breen appeared next to Elisabeth, whining and trying to protect the woman and the child. They both started to edge forward and then, they both came to the realisation that this was where they were staying.

In the third and fourth second, they both acted on that. Wrapping themselves, their people, their charges, against the maelstrom as best they could. Hankering down. Woe sought shelter, such as he could find. Elisabeth began to call on her magic. It was hard - not because she wasn't capable of it - but her ability to concentrate competent meditation and focus was limited. She managed to do it expert discipline but it was difficult and the result - which would normally be rather erratic and clumsy was impacted by the chaos.

But more than anythings, it was very clear to Elisabeth that the elements themselves were part of a much stronger relationship with the Immortal of Storms and, while they did not wish to hurt the competent defier, they barely saw her, they were so wrapped up in the fury of their creator.

And, in the fifth second, the final building crashed, exploded outwards in dust and debris.

As it did, something became evident to Woe. He had sheltered close to a piece of rubble and it was helpful. It was really helpful. Super helpful, in fact. Woe realised, in the fifth second, that the rubble he had sheltered close to had wrapped itself over him and, by extension, Kura. It sheltered him. He also noticed that the air around him positively crackled with a static-like charge. Energy.

Life

In the sixth and seventh seconds, Woe was covered in his strange cocoon, and Elisabeth spoke her words of thanks. They were hard to get out because of the pounding she was taking and the young woman would feel a heavy pain across her ribs and back as something connected with her. It knocked her to the floor and, if the building fell on them in this moment?

Well, it wouldn't be good.

And then, in the eighth and ninth seconds, Elisabeth would hear that things sounded .... different. They felt different too - the constant pounding and bombarding of the howling wind lessened, then stopped. Then, the sounds grew more muffled.

Finally, in the tenth second, Ru wrapped her arms tightly around Elisabeth's neck and sobbed.

And Woe noticed, even in the darkness, that Kura was not breathing.

The sounds outside their shelters were muffled. How long until they peered out? Another five seconds and then, even though it was muffled, they could both hear that the storm was abating. Screams, shouts, that kind of thing and, before Woe's eyes, Kura's body literally sank into the earth - the ground itself swallowing her.

Outside, the winds stopped and, for just a moment, all was still.



word count: 484
Image
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~


Family visiting. Send help!
User avatar
Woe
Approved Character
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image




The Albarech wasn't breathing when Woe felt her sink into the earth.

He searched for any sign of her, frequency, note, or otherwise. There was static energy in the air, and returning with it was a feeling of palpable energy, more potent than ether or any other energy Woe was accustomed to handling. It was life. So that was the note that he was left with as the Albarech disappeared into the earth. He couldn't sense anything other than that, as he reached out to find the Albarech, or where she had gone, yet his faith in his own magic had waned considerably over the past few moments. Perhaps he couldn't trust what the notes were telling him?

In any event, it appeared the best chance for Scalvoris' salvation had been unceremoniously buried by some unknown force, after being struck by elemental fury in the wake of the Tempest. He couldn't save her. He couldn't retrieve her. And so, his mind went to the next best solution, as it naturally was wont to do when all wasn't entirely lost. He thought of the visions he'd had, while lying in the darkness, ensconced in the cloth of Mother's Embrace. His mind ticked over all those who he'd seen, and of those who might benefit the most from the knowledge he now had to impart.

Of the many, Doran was the one he knew best. Although they'd only met once or twice, Woe knew Doran to be a good man. Woe trusted him as much as he did anyone on Idalos, and a Lethroda's trust, however tentative, was hard-won indeed. The vision had revealed Doran to be in Viden, or so he thought. Doran had met with Xiur, where they spoke on the nature of the threats they faced. Even greater than mortal enemies, they had an Immortal force arrayed against them. It was that which had brought the Tempest to Scalvoristown. Woe's mind went to Doran, and as the Tempest began to die down, Woe carefully, with shivering hands, removed the blanket from his back and stuffed it into the satchel that held his domain bag.

If there was room to move in all the rubble, he would make his way out. He would head for the University. He believed Doran was affiliated with it, or else had connections there. He was a well-known man, after all, in Viden at least. Surely, someone there would be able to catch his ear and prompt him to come to Scalvoristown.

Breen whined, limping after Woe, halfway between him and Ru, and begged for him to stay with naught but his telepathic impressions. Woe shook his head, nodding toward the woman and Ru. "Let the woman take care of Ru, Breen. We need to find Doran."

Thus, Woe began making his way toward the University, there to attempt to make contact with the Hero of Oscillus.

 ! Message from: Woe
Feel free to stop me at any point if I moved too far ahead.
Last edited by Woe on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 512
Image*Image*Image
User avatar
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 am
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise


Image


Arc 721, 30 Ashan

Nothing about what she did in the first five seconds had been easy. Conflicting emotions, the unrelenting storm and the fact that she was responsible for a life. A life that was currently clinging to her in terrified silence. Elisabeth had focused on her magic, covered them, and used her words to express the things most important to her.

The next thing she knew, something impacted her, hard. Falling on top of Ru, the young mage groaned loudly, feeling pain in her back and rib areas, but she held her place, committed to taking those hits to ensure the best chance of survival for Ru. She knew she was doing everything she could to protect her charge and she just hoped it would be enough.

But then…things changed. Something felt…different.

Ru began to sob, prompting Elisabeth to stroke her hair gently, which the very act of was painful. Not moving, Elisabeth closed her eyes and focused on what she could hear as she was unwilling to take a chance on looking up until she was somewhat confident that a look wouldn’t do any harm to either of them.

Everything sounded muffled, which was odd. She felt the winds abate. There wasn’t anything about what she was hearing that made her feel like she couldn’t peek out and see what was going on.

Shifting Ru, just a bit, Elisabeth took a chance, lifting her eyes from the ground, looking out from beneath her cloak to see what she could see. At the same time, she called out to the one person she knew to be nearby, needing to find out what his condition was. “WOE! Are you alright?”

Her body hurt. The blow she had taken and the simple fact of the stresses such an event pounded the body with, well, she was tired too. She and Ru had bleeding cuts everywhere from the first explosions. What she couldn’t do, however, was let any of that affect her. Taking a slow deep breath, she pushed the pain to the side and focused on assessing their situation before she moved. She needed to get Ru medical help, just in case, but Elisabeth needed to know they weren't in any further immediate danger.


ooc
I did not know how far to take this not knowing that the conditions are like currently. Please let me know if you would like me to expand.
word count: 409
User avatar
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image

Elisabeth grit her teeth and worked through the pain. She comforted the little girl and all around her the winds whipped and howled.

Woe felt Kura literally sink away from his grasp and he turned his attention to another.

The winds began to die down for them both and - within a few moments the storm had gone. But the energies around Woe were charged with electricity. His magic was more advanced in level than Elisabeths and he could feel the outpouring of life.

He stood, making his way out of there, and in front of him stood the beggar woman. Her eyes flashed an impossible brown - the darkest brown of the earth and she stood in front of him, arms crossed.

"You need to tell her," Grizelda said to Woe. "Look behind you. Look at what you left behind."

Elisabeth, clutching the little girl, would see that. The beggar-woman standing in front of Woe pointed to the stone archway which had formed around Woe and Kura. The earth had consumed Kura but, in the time that it had taken for Woe to stand and start to walk, something else had happened. The Albarech was laying on the ground, again, and she was whole. Unhurt.
Image

Looking at the three adults, "Grizelda" waited until Kura's eyes opened and she was sure that the Alberach was awake. If Woe chose to walk away in that time, she did nothing to stop him. "As the woman who held Maxine's leash," Moseke said to Kura. "I'd avoid talkin' to Chrien, if I were you." She gestured, then, to Woe. "He saved your life."

Then, the Immortal gestured to them - and they all knew the power that they were feeling; come to that, they could all see that they were in a sort of protected bubble outside outside of which, the storm raged.

"This man has been warning, and helping, and gathering information," She pointed at Woe. Then, her gaze turned to Elisabeth. "This woman's spark has been unable to hold back the overflow of what is happening here, and she's seeing flashes. Visions." She looked at Kura and her gaze was rather stern. "I suggest the three of you talk."

Reaching out her hand, she stroked Ru's hair. The terrified little girl calmed, immediately. "Things are happening. Now." She gestured up, to the sky where the storm raged and she shook her head. "She's angry, and she's right to be. You," she said, to Kura. "You should have had a better hold of that leash, and you need to get a better hold of this. These are your people. Listen. Learn." She looked at those still gathered. "Half of the problems you have is because people aren't talkin' - or aren't answering those who talk to them. Sort it out, start here." Elisabeth and Woe both felt their cuts and bruises starting to heal.

"Your safe here," she said, and gestured to the place Woe had sheltered. It had become a small but entirely functional stone building with an open doorway. "Things are happening, I don't know what, but I can feel it. You need to be quick." She turned then, specifically, to Woe. "You're right to be investigating what you are," she said. "Good people are being manipulated." Next, to Elisabeth. "U'frek was right," she said with a smile. "About you, and what you offer. Don't doubt yourself."

She frowned, suddenly, and shivered as though cold had hit her. "You're safe there," she said, gesturing to the small structure. And, with a blink of an eye, Moseke was gone.
 ! Message from: Peg
Kura is back in this thread. I'm out of it for a few rounds, but will be keeping an eye out. You have - at most - 10 minutes IC before Exposition 4 happens. Use them wisely. Any of you may leave the thread at any time.
word count: 659
Image
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~


Family visiting. Send help!
User avatar
Woe
Approved Character
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise


Image

Woe was very aware of over his head he was. Between the information that Chamadarst and Ziell had imparted, everything between the Glass Temple and the Element Hall to the death and revival of Kura. And now another Immortal speaking to them all, who Woe know knew to be Moseke as she chose to reveal herself. It was all a little much, and in the moment of overwhelming stress he'd almost decided he would pass the buck to Doran, one of those revealed in all the visions to give his part over and see himself out of the conflict.

But as in Quacia, there was nowhere left to go if failure occurred. He could run, but if he started then he'd never be able to stop himself.

The woman from the temple, Elisabeth called out and asked him if he was alright. He was confused and scratched and scuffed, but he appeared to be alright. He checked the magic ring on his finger, that ensured survival should he fall. It was still intact.

He turned around, away from the edge of the bubble that protected them from a storm that was still raging outside. They were protected, but outside it appeared all was still chaos. He saw Kura alive, and Elisabeth and Ru. Moseke for but a moment, and then she was gone, and there was just the small stone shelter she'd left for them. "We should all go inside."

Having said that, he pointed to Kura, and said "I will explain everything to you both inside, I just need to collect everything I've seen. I can explain, and have it all make sense in a few moments if you'll let me show you. I think we'll be safe inside of there, should this bubble fail."

Saying this, he removed the pair of glasses of black Scalvoris glass, and put them on his head. With that, he went inside, and attempted to gather his own understanding of the visions he'd seen. His perception was still somewhat flawed, frayed in a way by certain parts that were unclear or hard for him to understand without a full picture of the puzzle. Ziell was right, but his analogy was flawed in Woe's opinion. They needed a flurry of perspectives, not for the simple fact that they could support each other, but for the fact that more perspectives could see the problem from different angles. That was the only way they could come to an accurate understanding, in his estimation.

He went into the shelter, and turned around, waiting for the other two to enter if they would. If they did, once they did, he nodded, "Where do I begin?"
word count: 455
Image*Image*Image
User avatar
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Posts: 1726
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 am
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise


Image


Arc 721, 30 Ashan

Lifting her head, Elisabeth saw the reality of their situation. To be fair, it wasn’t something she had expected to see, but relief flooded through her anyways. Her priorities changed trill to trill at the moment and the shifting situation had changed that list yet again. Survival was no longer at the top, giving herself a few trills to relax, take a deep breath and start to rise with Ru, wincing at the pain she felt but determined to not let it get to her as she gently picked the girl up again, holding her close as her silver-ribboned sapphire eyes took in everything around her.

They appeared to be in a protective bubble, and as she gained her feet, she noted that Woe was at the outer edges of the bubble, speaking to the beggar woman and having a somewhat intense interaction. Had…he been trying to leave? Look what you left behind seemed to imply such, but she didn’t know if she was misunderstanding and frankly, she didn’t have the capacity or strength at that moment to care. He had to make his own choices. She would make hers.

The situation was overwhelming, just as it had been at the Temple. Sometimes things were that way. Even in research, you sometimes reached a moment where it felt like you had information all around you and couldn't figure out where to begin. Acknowledge the feeling, take a step, move forward, and don't stop moving, even if it's only micro-steps. Small steps made the overwhelming feel manageable and moving forward was simply common sense. Forward momentum.

As the woman pointed, Elisabeth let her eyes follow to the stone archway…and Kura! Rushing over to the Albarech, the young woman kneeled next to her, noting that any injuries she had from the explosions or lightning were healed. When they were joined by the woman and Woe, she began to understand that the woman was not who she appeared to be. Another Immortal…and more things began to fall into place.

The woman explained why Elisabeth had been seeing visions – her spark. In the back of her mind, she had wondered if her magic had been involved but dismissed the idea because she felt more people would have been impacted by it. Then again, she had been isolated in a small settlement where she was the only mage, so her thinking had been flawed.

Suddenly, she felt her pain begin to lessen, watching as cuts on her arms began to slowly repair themselves. As she continued to listen to the Immortal, watching as she reached out and calmed Ru with one touch, Elisabeth allowed herself to breathe for one moment. For that trill, things were alright. She knew it wouldn’t last and there was work to do, but firmly believed in taking stock of moments and letting them prepare you for the next one.

Elisabeth still wasn’t sure what her part in the bigger picture was, but three Immortals has told her relatively the same thing, reassuring her. Nodding to the woman, she gave her a smile but said nothing, noting that Ru seemed to be drifting off to sleep, wishing she could too. Something about holding onto the girl helped focus her mind. Instead of all the swirling images, thoughts, and feelings storming her senses, it felt like she had one job to do - protect Ru - and everything else fell by the wayside. That's how she had gotten through the time between the Temple and then - focusing on one thing.

It was only a trill later, Moeske was gone, leaving the three alone within their bubble of safety.

Part of Elisabeth wondered why they should be afforded safety and not the other people outside. She simply had to have faith that there was a reason…but it tore at her soul a little, having known the terror she had felt bits before. Looking down at her silver ring, she hoped it was telling Balthazar she was safe now. Of course, it didn’t work that way, but at least if it had indicated to him that she was in trouble, perhaps it was now silent and would let him rest easy.

The young mage stayed with Kura, listening as Woe spoke. Frankly, she trusted Kura more than the man, but it was apparent he had a part to play in what was going on and it wasn’t up to her to question it. Her place was to tell what she knew, observe, listen and sort out what was happening.

She would offer a hand to Kura to help her up off the ground and then take Ru inside the shelter. Elisabeth needed information and it seemed they had been given the gift of a starting point.


word count: 811
User avatar
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:39 am
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 760
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Glass Chessmen, En Prise

Image
Kura had known her attempt to speak with Chrien had a high chance of not working working, but she hadn't actually expected Chrien's reaction to be that fast. This was, evidently, more of a targeted outburst than she had thought. Normally, she'd be able to take that in stride and adjust, but normally she wasn't directly attacked by a very pissed off Immortal and rendered, at best, unconscious. As such, she was unaware of everything that happened between trying to talk to Chrien and waking up. On later days, she'd reflect on that wake up and realize that Moseke had calmed her during the period she was out, because otherwise she would have woken up in a feral rage.

As it was, she just felt like she'd woken up after a good nights sleep. Of course, she didn't sleep in a bubble in a storm, nor did Moseke live in her house, so it didn't take her long to realize what had to have happened. "It appears I owe you thanks." she said, sitting up. At Moseke's advice, she nodded. "I gathered that, but at least a concrete reason is nice." she said, before looking up at Woe. "Thank you, for saving me." she said, her tone sincere.

As she stood up, with Elisabeth's help, Moseke said that Elisabeth and Woe had things to tell her and she nodded. "We were plannin' to talk, but then the building we were in caught fire, and that's kind of bad for folks health, so we figured to wait a bit until we were all safe." she said, as Moseke calmed Ru down. She did, however, frown slightly at the mention of the leash, but this wasn't the time or place to argue about that piece of Immortal idiocy. Famula, at the least, was generally well intentioned. Chrien was not, however, and she wasn't even the biggest problem. Besides, it wasn't exactly as if Moseke was wrong, with the benefit of hindsight. "I agree on both counts, and I've been workin' on the latter. It's becomin' clear that Scalvoris's weirdness hasn't always been of natural origin, nor that our foes have been as...disconnected as they first seemed." she said, a borderline murderous growl in her voice towards the end.

But she nodded at Moseke. "You're right, though. Things are movin' quick and we're behind." she said, before nodding as Moseke left. "Back to work." she said to herself and headed into the structure Moseke had indicated. She nodded as Woe said he needed a minute, then when he asked where he should start, she gave him a semi-amused look. "Seein' as I don't know what you have to say, the only real response I can give to that is to either start at the beginnin', or perhaps to start with how you two came to be bringin' my niece to me." she said, her tone calm.
word count: 506
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”