The Wild Hunt

Vega plz

20th of Cylus 721

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Wild Hunt

20th of Cylus 721

The gloom was still in the air, as Vega and her trusty Tunawa sidekick, Chip, set out to hunt for the people of Hopetoun. They had stopped for a spell, and Chip decided that he would pull out a few of his tricks. The truth of the matter was, Kisaik was a bit afraid of the dark. He'd never admitted it to anyone, but some oddity of his birth, and also once being kidnapped, and thrown into a dark sack with a bunch of other tunawa, had given him an aversion for dark, cramped spaces. And sometimes just the dark was enough to give him the heeby jeebies.

So he kissed his orange fairy knight ring, which rested on his left thumb, and put his gauntlet back on. Then, flipping his cavani cloak over his shoulder, he made a stern face at nothing in particular, and then sprouted a pair of proportional and luminous fairy wings, orange in color, from his back! They shone bright orange, and almost might've seemed like a fire had been lit. But should Vega turn to look at him, she'd see the fairy wings, clear as day!

As for the ring, well that gave him courage once a season. And for this night of all nights, he felt he really needed it. He didn't want to be a burden to Lady Vega, afterall, and so he sprouted wings to keep up his own mobility.

All of these preparations done, he pulled his five inch sword from his shadow, and brandished it in front of him. Shadow Shivvy was a good sword, with a good weight to it that wasn't too much for the tunawa, but just enough to let it fly through the air if he needed to throw it. The grand thing about the sword? Once he threw it, and it stuck into whatever he aimed it at, it could be pulled right back from his shadow!

"Ready!" Kisaik announced, wondering what it was that Vega had stopped to do.
word count: 345
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1729
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: The Wild Hunt

20th Cylus, 721

Vega had stopped, just for a moment, to get her equipment in order. "If you don't mind, Xiur, it's righ' useful so it is," and, as she said that she used her ability which allowed her to see starlight emanating from her bow. Vega smiled at Kisaik and nodded. "Righteo, Sir Chip. Let's get to it."

They were moving in the darkness, but Vega smiled slightly to Sir Chip, almost apologetically. "Do you want a lift, Sir Chip? If so, I'm sorry but it won't be totally dark. See?" And indeed, he could see because not only did her silver biqaj blood seem to almost glow slightly, the redheaded woman had a glowing pattern of starlight on her chest which was more obvious in the dark. It was in the shape of a dragon in flight and Vega smiled, proudly. "I'm blessed by Xiur, see, an' those're my freckles of hope," she said, quite seriously. Then, she lifted her right arm, on which glowed 2 golden bands of light. "An' this is cos I'm marked by Qylios," she said. "It means that I can, if you want to, an' no pressure or nothin', make it so that we're linked. Not controllin' nor nothin', it jus' means that we can sense each other, an' communicate in our minds." She smiled at him. "An' I'll be able to talk in yer native language, too."

Assuming he agreed, she simply touched him and a small band appeared around his arm. It would make them much more efficient together and Vega was very happy to be able to share that with him. "Thanks, Qylios," she whispered. And then, when they were ready, off they went.

The land was tricky, a difficult place to hunt and Vega stopped often to examine tracks and so on. She was an excellentMaster huntress, and she was very happy to point out things to Sir Chip if he didn't know that. "Look," she thought to him. "These are unusual, look at these," she gestured to some tracks. Not a creature that Vega knew, but it looked rather like a large turkey. She showed Sir Chip what she knew, and she asked questions about what he did. But then as they got further away from the settlement, Vega fell into quiet and made sure that she moved as softly as possible. Putting her feet down carefully, trying to avoid any twigs which would snap or break, she was sure that compared to what he was used to, she was nonetheless very loud to Sir Chip.

Still, they got to a good place, a rise on which they could look out, but which would afford them shelter and a tree to lean against. Vega glanced at Chip and thought "You wanna stop here, see what we can spy?" More often than not, she knew that the best thing to do when hunting was to find a place and wait. There were lots of tracks here, things moved here a lot, so that was good - it meant something was likely to come through here or pass by. Often, something would simply wander into the field of vision, Vega knew.

And that was what happened. After twenty bits had passed, a small vole-like creature was in front of them. "That's good," Vega thought to Sir Chip. "It's a natural prey animal an' so it might attract somethin' bigger. Lets jus' stay still, weapons ready, an' see what comes, yeah?"

Vega kept an eye out, sure that she'd see anything which was attacking but, as the bird flew through the trees and descended on the vole, she was as surprised as anyone.

ooc: Tracks are for the Kazen Fowl but since we don't know they sleep in trees, we're going for the Etchwing

Qylios Abilities Used:
Bonding:
1. The Favored and those Bonded with them are better able to fight together. Their tactics and movements flow almost seamlessly with little-to-no spoken communication. The Bond passes insights and slight thoughts between those Bonded while in combat together.
2. The Adored can Bond with up to 3 other people. In doing so all Bonded individuals gain the single glowing band around their left forearm. The Bond remains as long as both the Adored and those Bonded allow it. The Bond only functions within 1000 feet of the Adored, and dissipates shortly beyond that distance. Images and feeling can be willed across the Bond. The higher the sender’s Discipline, the more details can be relayed.
3. The Adored can share in the Racial Bonus' of those whom they have Bonded, and share their own Racial Bonus with the Bonded. 10 points of the Adored's Racial Bonus are shared with those they have Bonded, and 10 points of each Bonded’s Racial Bonus is shared with the Adored.
4. The Adored is able to understand and speak one Fluent Language of those they have Bonded. The selected language can be changed once per trial

word count: 850

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Oh! I can see well enough under this starlight, but thank you, Lady Vega!" Kisaik smiled at her, hovering in front of her face as he floated on the fairy wings. She didn't seem all that surprised to see them though, nor particularly impressed, which kind of disappointed Kisaik. But then, Vega was a famous adventurer and had probably seen a lot of stranger things in her time.

"Say, have I ever told you about the time that me and the other Wardens of the First Tree stood against the evil Wizard Aelig to save the Fairy Realm?" So having said that, he told the story to the best of his ability, forgetting some details here or there, but mostly getting it right. Including the time that a purple fairy princess had kissed him. But then, she'd turned out to be the evil wizard Aelig, and so that wasn't as sweet a memory as it would've been otherwise.

"Us Tree Wardens have been in a few adventures together. Yaralon can be a wild place, you know?!" Then, as they continued into the night, Kisaik hovered near her air, whispering as well as he could so as not to disturb the hunt. He told the story about how they'd struggled against the mighty Mud Induk at the urging of Moseke, only to nearly come to disaster when one of their number took aggressive action against the Induk. Kisaik had shed sappy tears over the Mud Induk, begging it to spare their lives, and offering to give himself as a seedling to form a tree, if only he would spare his friends. This had changed the Induk's heart, and it opened itself up to the two Tunawa, Kisaik and his best buddy Rabu. They entered into the depths, and planted the seed of a great tree, that later brought fresh water to Yaralon, something it had lacked and needed for many centuries.

After telling these two stories, Kisaik was mostly silent, keeping communication with Vega as she advanced upon their prey. Kisaik whispered again to Vega, through their link, as best he could communicate, "Let me fly up there, to see what I can spy? I can fly quite well with these here wings!"

So saying, he began levitating upward, to find what he could up in the trees...

word count: 393
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th Cylus, 721

Vega nodded as Sir Chip said he didn't need a lift. "I didn't know tunawa could fly," she said, "an' I didn't know if you get tired or not. So, if you do, you feel free." She smiled and shook her head. She'd had no idea that tunawa could fly, but evidently they could. And then he asked if she'd heard about the evil wizard Aelig. Vega frowned slightly. "Is this a wizard named after the Immortal blokie, or is it the Immortal?" She shook her head, then, though and she grinned at him. "But no, you've never told me that story. I'd love to hear it." And, indeed, she would. Vega had not met many people that she liked and she liked Sir Chip in a way which she couldn't quite put alongside anyone else. He was just so incredibly himself and Vega admired him for that.

Yaralon could be a wild place? Vega chuckled "We went there once, yeah. Found some goblins who thought I was their queen an' visited Cassion's shrine. Aeva's too." She looked at him and shrugged slightly. "I didn't really like it there, though, Sir Chip. They don't like Xiur, an' I just think that's stupid." She sighed slightly. "I mean. Who doesn't like hope? That's the kind of stupid what makes it hard to walk an' talk at the same time, you know? An' it were a whole city filled with stupid. I don't like stupid." Considering his words, though, she asked. "What's a Tree Warden, Sir Chip? I'm a Lake Warden, of Lovalus. Is it like that?"

As he told the story, Vega listened. She really listened intently and she smiled when it was sweet, gasped when it was scary. Not in any false way, but because she heard the story. Really heard it. "You know, Sir Chip," she said, quietly, "your stories, the tale of your life. Stories are important, you know. They teach lessons an' they write history down." She nodded her head, "it sounds to me like that Mud Induk is jus' downright lucky that you were there." And then they made their way more deeply, but Vega was very much of the opinion that they needed to work together.

Sir Chip offered to fly up and Vega nodded. "You jus' be careful, Sir Chip," she said. "This place give me the heebies an' the jeebies, an' the boogawalla eebies too. Keep in cover an' be careful, a'right?"
word count: 431

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Oh, mos tunawa can't fly, Lady Vega..." He said, gently, "It's a gift, from the mother of fairies, Jesine! For saving her Fairy Court! Of course, since then..." Kisaik sighed, to know the fate of Jesine. It was a shame, but what could one do?

"Immortal? Aelig is an Immortal?!" Kisaik's eyes flew wide open though he kept his voice low, "I didn't know! Say, have you ever met an Immortal yourself? Did they give you a weird feeling... like they're somehow a part of you? I got that strange feeling when Purple kissed me on the cheek, and revealed herself as Aelig..." Kisaik didn't know from whence the feeling came, but it had given him a shiver at the time.

"Yes, Yaralon is a strange place, very difficult and hard to understand such unyielding and unreasonable people. But you met the goblins! And they thought you were their Goblin Queen? Hmm." Kisaik thought on that. "I can see why, certainly. You do have a noble bearing about you!"

She asked about Tree Wardens, and he was very happy to explain it to her, "It's a title we were given, for growing the First Tree for Moseke, you see? We got our own diri, each of us. I got a Diri of Growth, Rabu got a Diri of Shelter or Protection, and I forget what the others got..." He scratched his hair momentarily. She spoke of Lovalus, and he nodded his head. He was very knowledgeable about spirits, as a marked of Ashan. He could see there was something spiritual about Vega, even more so now that he'd met her for a second time. It drew him to her, it seemed, and he felt more at ease.

"It's a little like that! We have our Induk, ol' Mudsy who the First Tree is sustained by." He nodded fervently.

She expressed joy at his story, which made Kisaik puff his chest out just a little more in pride. He was glad for Vega's compan here, and wanted to give her a big hug, but that could wait until their quest was completed... She praised his derring do, and he felt very flattered by all of it. It was a nice time. He reflected that he should go hunting a lot more often!

"Aye Aye, Lady Vega, I will be careful! I have eyes on the back of my helmet!" So saying, he saluted her, and lifted himself up into the air, higher and higher until he got a good view of the land creature she'd spotted. He could see a lot from up there, and reflected that he should try flying more often.

He was about to lower himself on the air, when a flash of orange appeared on the corner of his vision. A harpy, a roc, a dragon?! What was it? Kisaik didn't wait for it to nab him, but blinked on the other side of it's backside, as it flew by.

He drew his Shadow blade from the surrounding darkness, and with it, brandished against another charge of the Etchwing.

Fighting while in the air was quite another thing compared to flying while mounted on a harpy eagle. For one thing, he had a different flight pattern than a bird. He was basically hovering in place, moving very slowly when not blinking.

So when the etchwing came around for another charge, it's beak flashing with menace, he tried it's defenses, stretching his hand out to strike at its neck. When he did this, it scratched at his armor with it's beak. Then it grasped him in its claws. But it's grip was relinquished all too quickly, as he blinked away again. He sent a mental signal to Vega then, that he needed a bit of help, and would be drawing the Etchwing her way...

He began blinking toward her, his orange wings glowing and getting closer to the other mortalborn as he went. The etchwing was hot on his heels!

word count: 679
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th Cylus, 721

When Sir Chip said that he had wings given to him by Jesine, Vega's eyes showed how delighted she was. "My husband, he's marked by her. Got a little fairy who hangs around with him, she's well lovely." she said. "Yer a well impressive fellow, you know, Sir Chip. You really are." She had to admit, he really was. His small stature in no way stopped him from his large personality and, frankly, huge heart. She wasn't easily, or often, impressed. But Chip did it.

When talk turned to Aelig, though, Vega stopped and she looked at him. "Sir Chip," she said. For a moment, she was quiet and she thought about how to say what she needed to say. There were probably rules about this. Vega recognised that, but she couldn't bring herself to care about rules for long enough to ever learn them and so she did what she would always do. She charged on in. "Look, I need to tell you a story, an' I'm sorry, I'm righ' sorry if it upsets you," she said. Sitting on the ground - the hunt forgotten - she spoke earnestly. "On the trial I married my husband, Faldrun turned up." She didn't look - or sound - happy at that. "An' he told me about how he forced himself on my Mama, an' how I'm his daughter, by blood." She looked at Kisaik solemnly. "I knew it, before he said it. I recognised him. My blood did, I think. Blood makes noise, or some such, but I knew him, an' when he told me, I was already movin' to punch him in the gob." She smiled, slightly.

"I think, Sir Chip, that maybe you're an Immortal's child, too?" Come to think of it, she thought, he had that sort of strange aura around him, like Arlo did. That was weird, she'd never noticed it before and shehad to really concentrate now. "An' if you are, I'm right sorry because he's a total loser, but you know, so's my Immortal father. Frankly, old charcoal face is a waste o' skin. But whoever were your parents, I'm right glad you were born. Right glad."

She sat with him, talked as long as he needed to. She wouldn't leave until it was time but she also knew that maybe Kisaik would want to take time to himself, to think about it and work it through. Vega didn't know and so - as she'd put it - she let him drive.

But, eventually (or quickly) they got back up and on with it. They talked about the Wardens of the First Tree, and Vega listened. At that point, Snuffle - her Lovalus Warden Diri showed herself briefly, and she beamed to Kisaik. "I mighty dragon RAWR!" she said, and then disappeared again. Vega sighed and smiled. "She's my friend," she explained, with a smile. "Jus' like you are."

Finally, though, they got to the point of sitting and waiting for the vole and then - from nowhere it seemed came this thing. Vega looked at it in amazement and then Sir Chip was bamfing about like a teleporting bean and there was this thing. It was hard to spot - really hard to spot - but as Sir Chip sent his message to her, Vega replied in the affirmative and as Chip flew-and-ruptured towards her, Vega aimed her bow at the etchwing. She was calm and the colours in her eyes had stopped moving, almost to a standstill.

And she fired.

It took the bird down in one shot, and she smiled. But then, she moved her aim quickly and she shot another which she hadn't seen originally, but had just moved in her peripheral vision. Thank goodness, Vega thought, that she was a good huntress and had a keen eye. "You a'right, Sir Chip?" she asked. "Lets go see what these slippery little suckers were, shall we?"

She grinned at him, then. "Good work," she said. Vega didn't give false praise, and she meant it. He was one very impressive tree-fella.
word count: 697

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Yer a well impressive fellow, you know, Sir Chip. You really are." Said Vega, and Kisaik couldn’t help but puff his chest out a bit at that. He’d probably have blushed as well if he could.

When their conversation turned to the topic of the Evil Wizard Aelig, Kisaik stopped, and paused with Vega, sitting with her and going through to listen to her story about her own interactions with an Immortal, who turned out to be her father. Kisaik had heard of those who were sired by Immortals, yet he’d never known that Vega was one, nor considered the idea that he himself might be.

Kisaik nodded, his sap had sung a bit when he met with Purple and Aelig. He knew there was something about them, that resonated to himself. ”Hmmm, I always thought it was some kind of magic that was telling me I was meant to defeat the evil wizard Aelig, or at least foil him time after time… I’ve met him twice, you see! Once in Yaralon, and another time here in Scalvoris, in Scalvoristown in a bookshop, where he made all kinds of chaos… I couldn’t defeat him then, though, as I did with the Fairy Court.” Kisaik sighed, remembering the lady they’d all failed to save.

Then Vega said that she thought he was an Immortal’s child and that she was sorry Kisaik was born to Aelig. Kisaik nodded, and listened, and didn’t say much until she finished. ”Well, I never knew my mommy and daddy. My grandfather said they were scared off by something or other when I was born under a Nimbus of false light… I suppose that must have been how he got involved…”

Kisaik thought and thought about it, for a few more moments. And then in the end shrugged. She was very gracious for saying she was glad he was born. In the end, he supposed he was glad to, if only as a foil to his Immortal Father. ”Well! I do appreciate it Vega! I’m glad you were born as well!”

He smiled and gave it a bit more thought before they got up and continued on their way. Kisaik was ready now, to go hunting and on this quest, to help the people of Hopetoun. He smiled at the little dragon spirit that showed itself to him.

”Oh my! How magnificent she is! How do you do, noble dragon?” He bowed in midair, at Snuffle.

But then, they were in the thick of the action, and Kisaik was ready for Vega to take aim at the bird that was tailing him. He ruptured to the side, this time taking aim with his blink portal to go further than before so that she’d have a clean shot, without him in the way.

The arrow flew true, and Vega stuck the Etchwing with an arrow. Kisaik marveled at her exquisite aim as she brought the bird down, and followed/ruptured its descent to the ground. As far as he’d seen, he noted that she’d made it a clean kill, with no undue suffering for the bird. That was a very good thing in Kisaik’s mind. He rather liked birds, but this one was nasty, and had tried to kill him! Or else take him to put in her nest for decoration! ”I’m very well, Vega! Good show! Let’s be careful that there aren’t more of these things about…”

He followed beside her as she walked off to find the quarry she’d downed. He beamed up at her as she complimented, ”Thank you, Lady Vega! Let us see what we have! It had some very interesting-looking feathers, I should like to put one in my hat!” So saying, he changed his knight’s visor into a large hunter’s hat. The only thing it was lacking, however, was a feather. This he shook in the air until it took shape, and then set upon his head.

”Onwards! We go!”

word count: 678
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th Cylus, 721

They had taken down two of the birds, and Vega knelt next to the first one. It was a bird, the like of which she hadn't seen, and she nodded to Sir Chip as he spoke of the feathers. "Look at those," she said, softly. "They're beautiful. That's well weird, innit?" They had barely been able to see the thing, even when it had swooped down. But then, after they had worked together and killed it, it became a beautiful creature with gorgeous multi-coloured feathers. "It's lovely." Vega said and then she looked at Sir Chip in surprise as his hat just changed and then she beamed as he added a feather to it. "Hang on, then, we need to prepare these," she said. She tied up and trussed the bird, ready for travel back. "You look well good, Sir Chip. That's a feather in your cap. " She grinned and checked the size of the bird.

"It's a good size bird, an' it's got good meat on it. I reckon, if we can get another few, it'll feed camp. An' the feathers might be useful, too." Vega considered this, and she grinned at Chip. "I make arrows you know. Me an' Papa. I reckon these would make really good flights, an' we could get some of this.... hey, Chip, look at this?" Vega had been looking around at the local trees to see what sort of wood was here. "Look at this, does this tree look funny to you?"

The tree in question was larger than the others, but it wasn't that. "Look, it's flakin', the bark of the tree? Lets collect some, an' see if it's of any use, shall we?" And, that said, she did just that. Some of the bark, some sap, and a few of the smaller, easy to snap off branches. Vega shimmied up to get them, then she stored them in her Domain Bag. "Hey, Sir Chip, look up here," she said, and it was then, when he joined her, that they could see some nests in the higher trees.

"I reckon, you know, those things nest in trees. Maybe other high places, too." That would make sense. "Lets get further up, do you wanna go an' have a looksie?" And, if he did then indeed, there were other nests dotted around. "A'right Sir Chip, let's get some more prey for them."

It gave them the chance to see how the birds worked and Vega came to some conclusions as they took down another two of the creatures over the course of the next break or so. "So, I reckon, Chip," she said. "That people can see them, if they look for movement on the edges. An' if we do the bait thing, then folks don't need to spot them from a distance." She smiled at him, as she trussed the last of the birds reads to take back. "I reckon we should let Darius know about this, what do you think?" If these birds could add to Hopetoun's diet, that would be good. Also, the feathers for fletching would really be interesting and, Vega thought, unique. "You reckon we're good to go back, Chip? I think if Darius is up for it, we could take some of the huntin' types out here, show them how these birds work." That would mean that they could get a steady supply of the feathers, with which she could make some arrows.

It all made sense to her, but she wanted to see what Sir Chip through first. If he was happy to, then they could make their way back to Hopetoun and go from there.
word count: 629

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kisaik marveled at the bird, which would have been nigh-invisible if it weren't for his gleam-sight, but now was marvelously colorful and pretty. He rather had a mind to try its feathers in some alchemy, so before Vega would take what she needed for fletching, Kisaik would take at least a half dozen feathers for his alchemy and also to decorate his hat.

"Aye, a shame it's only beautiful when it's no more, it'd make a pretty companion bird otherwise. But that just means we get the better use out of its feathers! And I hope it's meat is very tasty for the people of Hopetoun." Although he wasn't much of a hunter, he heartily approved of hunting beasts, dangerous and otherwise, for the needs of people.

Kisaik let her truss the birds up, and then cheerfully trailed behind her, flapping his fairy wings. "Ohh! Fletching! Yes I imagine they would really make it easy for a Cylus or nighttime hunt!" Then they came to the tree, and Kisaik floated right past Vega, and up to the tree. He scratched his chin, looking at the magnificent specimen, with its bark peeling off slightly. He hmmed and hawed as he looked it over, trying to figure out what he could from it. "Magnificent! I've never seen this tree! I wonder..."

At her suggestion that they collect the bark, he had to agree. It might be good for his alchemy as well, perhaps it had a use, who knew?! "I think that's a wonderful idea! Let's gather what we can, as much as the tree can bear..." So saying, he knocked on the tree, to warn any lingering spirits that might dwell within.

"Excuse me tree spirits, I and my friend Lady Vega are going to take a bit of your bark right now. You warn us if we take too much, we'll only take what we need..." And so, the two harvested as much bark as seemed prudent in order not to harm the tree.

He nodded and agreed to her directions, to check the nests further up. He happened to see some baby etchwings, and also a mommy and daddy or two in other nests. Unlike the specimen they'd found before, these didn't bother him at all. So apparently they didn't mind small non-threatening things hovering just outside their view, but that one had been a particularly nasty couple? Hmm... He sure hoped he hadn't left any etchwing babies parentless. But then, that was just the way of nature, one could say.

He floated back down to Vega, and watched with her as they witnessed the process of etchwings hunting larger, more substantial meals than the dangerous tunawa one of their number had tried to tangle with!

After they were done with their little wild-life excursion, Vega asked if they were good to go back. Kisaik doffed his cap, and nodded. "Yes! Let us show them what we've gotten for them! That was some fine shooting, Lady Vega, if you don't mind me saying so! Amazing shot."

Thus, they traveled back to Hopetoun, their catch trussed and ready for the harvest, along with some interesting bark specimens. Kisaik was very pleased with how it all went.

word count: 556
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Kisaik:

Knowledge:
Rupturing: Blinking: x 4
Blades: x 4
Fieldcraft: x 2

Loot: Half dozen etchwing Feathers, a bundle of charwood bark.
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 10, for discovering new things!
Magic XP: Yes, for Rupturing.
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Vega:

Knowledge:
Hunting x 5
Fieldcraft x 4

Loot: 4 x Etchwings, some charwood.
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 10, for discovering new things!
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: It’s been a while since I’ve read a Kisaik thread, so I appreciate the opportunity to review this one. He’s a very unique PC, and I have to admit, I’m a little envious of his ability to summon fairy wings. He seems to already have had a lot of adventures. He gives me the impression of being a natural storyteller!

I love how personal Vega’s relationship with her Immortals seems to be (you conveyed that very well in this thread) – and that she calls her marks her “freckles of hope”. That’s a wonderful term in my opinion. I’m curious about the goblins who thought that she was their queen now though. That sounds like it has been quite an entertaining thread!

I really enjoyed the interaction between Vega and Kisaik. It was humorous, but at the same time, it was serious, and their various abilities complemented each other very well in my opinion. I would have been quite happy with a simple social thread because Vega’s and Kisaik’s conversation was so entertaining, but I enjoyed the combat regardless!

It seems as if fighting in the air, especially when you are a Tunawa, comes with unique challenges (such as an Etchwing grasping you with its claws). Fortunately, Vega managed to take the bird down. And then the matter of Kisaik’s own Mortalborn nature suddenly came up. loved how they told each other that they were glad that they had been born. That was wonderfully written!

I agree, by the way, Kisaik should put one of those feathers on his hat, and I wonder what Darius will think of Vega’s and Kisaik’s discoveries!

Enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: Kisaik, I would have added "Storytelling" to the list of skills used as your PC definitely told stories. Same for you, Vega!
word count: 386

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”