[Hopetoun] Settin' Up Camp

20th of Cylus 721

A small island with an active volcano, Faldrass is the home to Saoire's school and to the Faldrass Induk.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1724
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Hopetoun] Settin' Up Camp

20th Cylus, 721

They had, just a short while ago arrived on Faldrass where, it transpired, the manor house had burned down, the Noodlefluff Baron was dead, there was a new statue roughly the size of the mountains, and Darius was a new Baron. Vega knew Darius, she'd met him in Rharne when he'd delivered supplies and she'd tried to teach him to use the sword more than he could. She'd proven herself to be a spectacularly bad teacher - which didn't surprise her in the slightest. She knew herself to have very limited reserves of patience and she truly didn't think that teaching would ever be something she could or would do.

But they'd muddled through, she'd shouted at him a bit, and she reckoned that he'd at least left there having learned some stuff.

However, now Darius was Baron and this place, Hopetown or some other such name, was a settlement of survivors of the eruption which had destroyed von Noodlefluff's manor. "Reckon you'd like it here, Xiur," Vega said with a grin. "Hope-town, an' all that. Sounds like fun. Anyhow, we're goin' to help out, much as we can, an' jus' hopefully bring a bit of somethin' to folks. Right now, though, I'm gonna get us some food in our bellies, or more specifically, I'm gonna get some things what Arlo's gonna turn into food. You knew that, though." Xiur had no doubt that Vega could make a good cup of tea - she'd made him one the first time they met, after all.

Looking around, Vega sighed. "Well, this place is in a righ' mess, innit?" The landscape was different - and although this was not the "badlands" she'd heard about, it was most certainly not likely to be a holiday destination. She knew that this would have issues for the plants - and the animals - and the ecosystem. So, hunting was likely to be more difficult, the results of it less bountiful. That didn't bother Vega in the slightest, though, and so she made her way. The first thing she had to do was to start looking, getting the lay of the land and the feel of the place. SnuffleImage, her diri, was fluttering around and Vega glanced at her.

"This place needs healin', Snuffle," she said. The diri fluttered around Yes! Yes!. Vega looked around and chose a spot. They'd done well here, she couldn't doubt it. But there was all this land and it was bad. So, Vega determined that she was going to do what she always did. "Right, well, time to stop messin' about." Glancing at Snuffle, she said. "We're puttin' an Oasis here, Snuffle. Then we're gonna make it a Font, a'right?"

"Rawr! Rawr!!!! We will saves it!" Snuffle said, doing loops in front of Vega. Sitting down, she concentrated on the spot she'd chosen - and quietly she watched as the water started to slowly bubble up. Over the course of the next ten bits, it great into a pool. Standing, Vega moved over to it and then she drew her dagger and she cut her finger. Letting the blood drip into the pool, and she watched as the changes started.

Within days, this place would be regrowing, but Vega knew that she could do more - so she would. And so - of all things - Vega started to dance. She danced, and as she danced she put that extra energyInvigorate : The Favored has the ability to generate more Lifeforce than they need while dancing. Passively, this keeps the Favored young and vigorous, staving off the effects of aging. However, when used in the presence of decay, decrepit, or anything past the prime of its life (as this only applies to living things), this ability will turn back the biological clock, returning them to their peak, and never younger. This is strictly physical, and does not affect the mind, memories, etc. For simple things such as plants and small animals, this affect kicks in over the span of a few minutes. For more complex beings, such as older animals and people, it requires roughly one hour of dance per year of invigoration. This ability does not affect time, so it does not remove scars, injuries, etc.

Which should mean that, within a few trials she would be able to come here and it would be lush and growing. Which would make hunting much easier. She danced and swirled, laughing and praying to Xiur, to Daia, to Qylios and Ilaren. Arms flung wide and without inhibitions, Vega danced.

And where she danced, things grew. With a beaming smile, Vega glanced at Snuffle. "Come on then, you. Lets go huntin' an' get some food."
Brightgleam Oasis
It is in the purview of the Induk of Lake Lovalus to call water and life into existence anywhere. Once per trial a Warden may summon forth a magically infused spring that will eventually form a small pool over the next five bits. The water that is summoned has healing abilities and will slowly heal anyone touched with it’s water while in a fifty foot proximity to the spring. The water will have a faint turquoise glow and will rapidly heal flesh wounds that are soaked or doused in the water within five bits. This water can also be weaponized as weapons dipped in it will be highly effective against Flameborn and any other servants of Faldrun. Arrows will sink deeper, and blades or bludgeons touched by the Brightgleam waters will burn and scald opponents that are cut or hammered by them. The Oasis can also be planted and used like a trap to lure enemies of Faldrun into, this will cause intense scalding pain and will weaken them.
Font of Life
Brightgleam Oasis may now be enhanced by the Warden by placing a drop of their own blood within it. When this is done the Oasis will expand over the next trial into a pool that is a couple feet deep and that will begin growing plants and trees around it. The healing effect of the waters will vanish once the blood is added and instead will cause the growth of plant-life nearby allowing a Warden to slowly transform a dry and lifeless area into a beautiful oasis over the course of the next thirty trials. This ability is used to restore land that has been harmed by the forces of destruction. Font of Life may be used once a trial.
word count: 1096

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 780
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Hopetoun] Settin' Up Camp

The underground network of plans, that ran under the earth of all the planet, sucked Kisaik along on its path, through roots at the speed of a magic acorn. How fast was a magic acorn? Who was to say? As far as Kisaik, he was the only one in possession of one. He'd snatched it from the very jaws of a Sessfiend, in the depths of Slag's Deep after Thysbae caved in a passage over the beast. Kisaik only knew that the acorn was very special and that it might turn into a tree... someday. But he didn't know where it ought to be planted yet. The acorn was very stubborn about communicating that bit to him. But it made for a convenient method of conveyance.

Kisaik could feel himself emerging, near Scalvoris. Somewhere near there. There was something different about the feel of it as he began to emerge, but he ignored this. Which might've been a mistake as he found himself wrapped up in some strange glowing root vegetable!

Surprised at first, he used his shadow blade to cut a hole in it. Then he poked his head out. "I say! What a strange entrance! What kind of plant is this?!"

Kisaik could hear someone trudging nearby, but couldn't yet make them out in the darkness of Cylus. He squinted his gleaming green eyes as he focused on the area ahead of him. "Hello there! I say, do you know what kind of vegetable I find myself entombed within? Well no matter, getting out will be as simple as..."

And here, Kisaik blinked out of the potato. He emerged several feet to the side, with a flourish. His masterwork cobalt armor tinkling with the movement as he walked about, stretching his legs. "Ahh much better, but it's rather cold..." He squinted again, hearing the sound of footfalls. "Is someone there? Why... Is that..."

He saw the mass of curly red hair on top of a tall person and jumped for joy before he properly recognized her. Kisaik was jumping to conclusions, possibly, but he really thought it was her. "Is that Vega! Lady Vega! Hello! It's me, Chip!"

He began hopping and skipping in her direction, clanking with the sound of his armor as he tramped along. "What luck to find you here!"
word count: 392
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th Cylus, 721

As she danced her thanks to Daia, to Xiur, and to the Immortals who had guided her all her life, Vega thought that she heard a voice. At first, she didn't pay it any mind, but then she heard it again and Vega turned around to look. It was dark - being Cylus - but there was no one immediately apparent, even so. And then, she looked down and if there was ever any doubt about what she felt, Vega's sudden expression of delight showed her feelings for Chip (as she knew him). "Schnizzle my snoot an' butter my biscuit, it's you!" There were very few people on Idalos who Vega could say she liked very much and this small tunawa was very much in the camp of one of them. He was friendly, he was polite, he was gallant - and he called her Lady Vega. This was win-win as far as the obstreperous red-head was concerned. "It's righ' nice to see you!" She moved herself to meet him and dropped down so that she was as close to his eye level as she could be without laying down.

"How'd you get here?" Vega asked and then she looked at the thing he was emergent from. Or had been. "That's one ugly lookin' veggie, innit? What's that then?" Knowing Scalvoris need to name things (something she wholeheartedly agreed with), Vega wondered whether it might be something like a 'lavaspud' or such like. Still, turning her attention to the small tunawa, Vega smiled a wide tooth-filled smile. "You know, I'm right pleased to see you, Chip," she said, genuinely. Her voice shook slightly as she said that, and she realised that she was having an emotion. "We only jus' got here an' it's been... well, it's been a right difficult arc, an' I'm tired in my soul," There was no point denying what was, Vega thought. It was important to be honest, especially with those she called friend.

"An' we came here, to Scalvoris, to relax on Faldrass, an' jus' have a nice time in the resort." She gestured with a slight snort. "Turns out the volcano erupted, an' more or less wrecked the place. There was a mansion here, belonged to a Baron. Some bloke called Baron von Noodlefluff, or somethin'. Anyhow, he's dead an' there's a settlement now, strugglin' an' thrivin' all at once, so I wanted to help them." She nodded her head. "I reckon that Darius. He's the new Baron von Noodlefluff, an' he runs this settlement, by all accounts," Gesturing 'over there' to the settlement, Vega seemed determined to explain. "I reckon he'll be righ' delighted to meet you, Sir Chip. Good people, an' all that." That was what was needed, after all. Good people.

Looking at him with delight causing a swirling cacophony of colours to mingle in her eyes, Vega asked. "So what have you been up to since I saw you last? I'm jus' about to go huntin', to catch somethin' for folks to eat, an' Arlo to cook. You want to come with me, or would you rather go back to the settlement, an' introduce yerself? I'm happy to provide a ride, either way, if you want." She grinned "It'll give me a chance to hear what's been happenin' for you?"

word count: 572

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

It was her! Vega was about the nicest person Kisaik had found in his travels among the tall people. And he’d had quite a few. Most discounted or looked down upon the Tunawa, or else thought they were lesser people, no better than animals. But Vega always treated him nice, as one would any respectable person that hadn’t given them reason to do otherwise.

”Its nice to see you too, Lady Vega! Has been so long! Not since…” Here he tapped his chin, ”Rharne?”

When asked how he’d gotten here, he beamed a smile, his eyes gleaming with magic as he revealed the Magic Acorn, which was encased in a locket of polished bronze. ”Behold! The Magic Acorn! It lets me travel the root network that underlies the world! A plant person like me can get anywhere they like, in just a jiff.”

When she said it was a difficult arc, Kisaik’s smile faded ever so slightly, and he put on a sympathetic face. He nodded along, not interrupting or saying what he thought of the past arc or anything other than giving her the space to let her worries and woes breathe.

He listened carefully as she updated him on what had happened here, about the volcano and the Baron, and the Noodlenuffs that were all gone. A settlement, which he now appeared to be inside, was thriving and struggling at once. Kisaik nodded, his eyes lidding themselves briefly in understanding. That was how it went oftentimes.

”Well, that’s quite a lot to take in, Lady Vega! But it sounds like you’re on the mend now, and in a spot where we can be of good use to peaceful people. What more could one ask?” He smiled again, his eyes beaming with green rupture gleam. ”I’d love to meet his lordship the Baron soon! I must acquire his permission to go about knightly errands upon his land, after all!”

Then she asked what he’d been up to, and he scratched his head. There was so much to tell, so much to go over. He didn’t want to overwhelm his tall friend, but at the same time didn’t want to leave her out of the loop. There was just so much. ”Oh my, adventures and adventures upon others. When we exited that strange trial with the mirrors, I found myself with all sorts of strange gifts… I have been to many places, but it’s hard to stay put in one place… The Magic Acorn likes to travel to many different places, you see… I think it’s looking for the ideal spot to plant itself… So I went to Desnind, back home in Magani. I thought to consult the wisdom of the elders there, but they didn’t like that I’d become magic…”

Kisaik lowered his voice slightly, but not so much that she couldn’t hear him. His legs extended, stretching so that he was eye-level with her. ”You see, the tunawa distrust magic… and somehow after meeting you, I found myself with a strange ability… A thing inside me that lets me blink, make portals, and shout really loud.”

He raised his voice from the whisper, and then went on with a shrug, ”Anyway, the elders weren’t willing to meet with me, saying I was ill and must be shunned… So there was no help for me and the Magic Acorn…”

He sighed. But then perked up, ”But now! This land seems very fertile… I almost think the Magic Acorn might like to make this its site of planting! The very soil tingles with creative power! Yes I think this is where the Magic Acorn will make its home!”

But then, they came to the subject of Vega’s errand, to hunt, and Kisaik perked up immediately. ”Yes! A worthy quest! I shall join you, and afterward, we can meet his Lordship!”

So saying, Kisaik blinked with a snap of the air, and appeared next to Vega’s head on her shoulder. ”Let us onwards! To find food for these good people!”

word count: 688
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th Cylus, 721

Chip was small. So, his acorn was tiny. But he was obviously very proud of it and she listened to his explanation carefully. One ginger eyebrow raised and Vega nodded. "That's one handy acorn, that is," she said, and she quite meant it. For him, that was incredibly useful and she had to admit - it was the single most useful acorn she'd ever come across. She was glad that he had it, because he was a good person and it meant he could travel the world and have great adventures.

He listened to her as she spoke of the time she'd had. Vega liked that about Chip. He wasn't all gushy and trying to solve things, he just listened and nodded ~ he took her seriously, but didn't overwhelm or get all sappy. He pointed out the obvious benefits to where they were and Vega nodded her head. "Right you are, Sir Chip, it's a righ' good place to be." He seemed very pleased at the idea of meeting the Baron and Vega chuckled. "I like him, he's alright," she said, nodding her head. "I mean, you know, as far as I can tell anyhow. I don't know him real well, but I reckon he's one of the good guys, you know?" Quite what that meant, she didn't know, but she knew it to be true. And as for acquiring permission to go about knightly errands on his land? Vega considered. "Yeah, maybe I should have asked him before plantin' an oasis outside his place." She considered it and then shrugged. "I'm outside his place, he won't mind. An' if he does, I won't do it again." She couldn't help but be a bit more upbeat since coming across her small and twiggy friend.

He then said about his adventures and Vega listened intently. "Wow," she said softly. "Yeah, I woke up with magic too. Not that portal-makin' stuff, though. For me, it were Defiance," she said. She shrugged slightly. "I can hear the song of the elements, you know? An' if I'd let it, the magic would become more an' more an' more part of me. I won't let it though, it can jog on," she smiled. "Only one boss of me, an' that's me." That said, she looked at Chip very seriously. "Magic changes you, Chip, I'd be careful of it. But then, I know that you're well strong of character, an' so I'm singin' to the choir an' sellin' wool to the sheep." Nodding her head, she added. "An' you know, my Mama were Sev'ryn, an' I've been to Desnind. They're a right bunch of crusty ole loaves who are all wrapped up in their hey nonny-nonny an' considerin' the importance of the inside of their heads." Evidently, Vega wasn't madly impressed with them.

"Don't you let them get you down," she said, and then beamed. "Come on then, Sir Chip, lets go an' get food. I think Darius is busy. You might need to write to him." That was interesting, she thought. He was so small - how would he write? What would he use as a pencil? "You wanna tell me what to write, an' I'll write it?" Vega didn't mind doing that at all.

Then, she looked at him and, just in case he didn't realise, she said. "I'm right pleased to see you, Chip. I reckon Xiur sent you here, you know." Nodding her head, she added. "He's good like that."
word count: 611

Kisaik
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Indeed! But now it needs to find a place to plant, while it's still viable. It's not right to carry a seed forever and never see it grow. It's a crime! It is!" Kisaik stomped his foot for emphasis, and his tiny spurs jingled with the motion. But then, he listened to what she had to say about the baron. Apparently, he'd been of some help in Rharne. Kisaik had tried to stick around there, during the whole conflict, but the urgency to move on was strong, and he couldn't resist the pull of the acorn's errand, to find the perfect planting spot.

"Oh, it's good that he's a good and nice and righteous man?" Chip let the question hang on the air, as if unsure if that was what she tried to communicate. He sounded nice enough, if Vega liked him, Chip trusted her judgment anyway. "Well! It sounds like we'll get along well then! I admit I was worried I might have sprung out of the middle of a robber baron's fief, you know how people let power get to their heads! And yes, I wanted to ask permission to grow some trees outside his settlement? You can write him for me?"

Kisaik was silent then, as Vega went into the story about how she'd woken up with magic as well. What a strange thing! And the magic that allowed her to control the elements. Kisaik almost envied her, but then she spoke more on the nature of sparks, and he couldn't deny it. Since using the magic more and more, he'd noticed a change in himself. He rushes into danger more readily, even when he's afraid, and would rather run the other way.

He shuddered when she told him the true nature of magic... "I will try to fight it then! I will be rid of this magic!" He solidly stated, stomping his foot with another jingle of the spur. "And thank you... As long as there are good people around, wherever they can be found, I must be satisfied."

He nodded. "Xiur indeed! He's the one who helps you find your way, yes? Must've told the acorn which way to take me... I wouldn't doubt it, Lady Vega!" He shouted, and summoned a shadow sword from his shadow. He held it aloft, pointing it forward, "Onwards we go!"

And so, he let Vega take them whither she would. He was eager for a hunt.
word count: 425
Jackalope
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

RP Medals

Events

]

Thread Comments: My first Vega thread! My first Kislaik thread! My first Vega thread *and* my first Kislaik thread!

These are two delightful and unique characters, and it’s great to see them interact as friends.
Chip

Experience: +15 xp

Knowledge:

Rupturing: x2
Acrobatics: x4
Etiquette: x2

Renown: +5. I think Kis is the only tunawa on Faldrass right now.

Skillplay: Approriate to level.

Magic xp?: Yes. Kisaik gained knowledge about the nature of his spark; not only did Vega explain something to him, he connected what she told him to stuff he had actually experienced.

Comments:

Kisaik the mighty ten-inch tree knight! You do an excellent job making an unusual character come to life and feel human (but not too human, if you get my meaning). Hopefully Darius doesn’t disappoint him by turning out to be a robber baron.
Lady Vega

Experience: +15 x.p.

Skillplay: Appropriate to level.

Knowledges:

Dancing x 4
Fieldcraft x 4

Renown: +10. This Oasis will make quite a splash. See what I did there?

Comments: Vega is such a grounded person with a lot of integrity. Her fierce independence and determination to maintain her autonomy and not let her spark acquire too much influence is very much true to her character. Her irreverent observations and whimsical idioms and nicknames make me laugh.
Let me know if either of you have any questions/feedback. Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 235
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Faldrass Island”