Cost for skill lessons

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Cost for skill lessons

I was thinking about ways to learn skills and taking lessons came to mind. Is there a cost associated with learning a skill from a self roleplayed NPC?
word count: 28
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Re: Cost for skill lessons

Heya, Goku.

I assume you mean for practical skills such as fighting, crafting, etc. Academics are their own sort of thing with associated costs etc. Higher Education

But for most practical lessons from flavor or personal npcs, you could probably have them teach you for no charge as long as you're above wealth tier 4.

Of course, in character, you'd probably make an exchange of currency or favors in order to procure the lessons, but you're not required to deduct wp as long as you meet the requirements.
word count: 91
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

That said, while Flavor npcs can teach you the very basics, they're hardly ideal, and they're not experienced at all, since they can have no more than competence in one skill, and novice in everything else. So when training, you'll want to look at the local city NPCs normally for training. Your local mod can point you in the right direction.
word count: 64
Goku
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Pig Boy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:01 pm That said, while Flavor npcs can teach you the very basics, they're hardly ideal, and they're not experienced at all, since they can have no more than competence in one skill, and novice in everything else. So when training, you'll want to look at the local city NPCs normally for training. Your local mod can point you in the right direction.
Does this imply that NPCs that we run into in our threads will always have competent or novice skills? I have been wondering what an average NPC's skill set would be and how my character would pair up to them. Perhaps I should make this a separate thread entirely but is there an accepted number of skill points that NPCs have?
word count: 136
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Goku wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:16 pm
Does this imply that NPCs that we run into in our threads will always have competent or novice skills? I have been wondering what an average NPC's skill set would be and how my character would pair up to them. Perhaps I should make this a separate thread entirely but is there an accepted number of skill points that NPCs have?
For Flavor characters? Yes, no more than competent for those. Flavor npc information.. The skill limits for flavor characters is in there. City NPCs can have as many skills as are reasonable (judged by the mod for whom they're subject to approval)

Most players that have characters with more advanced skills can dev an antagonist city npc with greater skills (subject to approval by the local mod) to match up against, or more rarely a personal npc.
word count: 149
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”