The Golden Rule

16th of Ashan 721

The shallow bay Egilrun is situated upon is used, these trials, for crafts and crafting. From boatmakers to weaponsmiths, glassblowers to metalworkers, the sound of hammers and saws can be heard almost every break of the trial, with crews working in shifts to produce the beautiful craftsmanship which they might, one trial, become famous for.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: The Golden Rule

"Yes, I would appreciate you performing the tasks in Scalvoristown, as I'm not sure when I'll be able to leave Egilrun. But when I do, I'll try and keep you apprised of the situation as much as possible." Woe said to Perdita, and of Hart's notes.

Woe nodded to her questions about the Echo scroll. "The scroll will let you know one way or another when someone has written from the other scroll. And you can write more than once, but when you close the scroll, the message sends." Woe said, at least he thought that was how it worked. He'd not performed many indepth experiments on the scroll that he had with Balthazar, for instance. "The writing sends, and disappears on your end, and ends up on my scroll when you close it. It's a very handy way of communicating, but it's not the best way to record information."

Woe nodded, allowing her to take the scroll and put it away somewhere safe.

He was all too aware, and it didn't require his magical tampering or scrying someone's emotions in order to tell him that. It was plain on her face that she was very impressed with what he was giving her. He didn't want her to think too much of it, lest she dwell on unimportant things. The fact of the matter was, she was doing important work for him, and that made her indispensible to that end, for the time being. It gave her value to him, value that he would repay with this trinket, to facilitate further cooperation.

"When this war is over, I'd like to see you draw Botany, if you will, and maybe Iago and Gloom even. Portraits of all my family. Just stay safe, and try not to get yourself in trouble." Woe smiled at her, and nodded his permission that she could leave.

word count: 322
Image*Image*Image
Avalon
Race: Prophet
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Re: The Golden Rule

Review Rewards
Woe
Name: Woe

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:
Leadership: x 4
Intelligence: x 3
Investigation: x 3

Loot/Losses: 1 echo scroll with Perdita (deducted from point bank), 4 bespoke frames for Perdita's drawings.

I am also righting an egregious wrong that has been done. Woe should have been nominated for this medal ages ago...
Shopaholic - Awarded to those who spend at least 1 onyx nel in a single thread.

Please link this review in "Medal Nomination Thread" when you submit the nomination.

Skill Review: All Skills used appropriate to level

Notes:
I always find it intriguing how Woe goes back and forth between wearing the paradigm ring, not wearing it, or is in the midst of recovering from it. I think it adds a certain depth to scenes to know what he struggling with and you depicted that beautifully here.

I love reading about Woe's various sparks and influences. You do a great job of describing everything that has an impact on Woe and me, as the reader, appreciates that attention to detail. It gives me a peek into the 'World of Woe' that the other characters don't get. He's always thinking about everything and how one thing impacts another and it truly adds to the story.

Towards the end, we start seeing a side of Woe that I've not seen much of - affection. He plays it off, to himself, as her being valuable to him. Maybe that's it, a bit...but there's more to Woe than appears on the surface. There were shades of it in his thinking about Hart's sudden departure too. You, as always, write his varying emotions well and with clarity.

Awesome job!
Perdita
Name: Perdita

Knowledge:
Investigation: Use a legitimate cover-story during investigations
Investigation: Report back clearly.
Investigation: Separate fact from belief
Investigation: Identify next steps
Investigation: Clear communication is key
Intelligence: Secure a confidential means of gathering information
Research: Present your findings clearly.
Research: Utilise lists to prioritise topics.

Loot/Losses: 1 echo scroll with Woe

For Perdita's opening, standing on the porch waiting, just drawin' some flowers, I nominate you for the following medal:
Lol Worthy - Awarded to those who write a post or thread that makes others laugh out loud.

Please link this review in "Medal Nomination Thread" when you submit the nomination.

Notes:
Super-sleuth Perdita to the rescue!!

Perdita's opening made me laugh. The visual of her standing on the porch drawing flowers she was seen is so on par for what I know of this character!

Being shy has opened up a world of detection for Perdita. She watches and listens. As you noted, it also allowed her a level of comfort with Wren that is touching. I think her interactions with the npc are very genuine.

Perdie is all business when...well, business comes about. I enjoyed reading her reaction to Woe's mutations, and Hart's sudden departure. There was a lot going on in this thread for Perdita to handle and she did great rolling with the punches.

It's been fun watching Perdita's progression and growth, and that's a credit to that writer that brings her alive. Great job!
Hart
Name: Hart

Knowledge:
Etiquette: x 3
Discipline: x 3

Loot/Losses:

Not to classic 'haunting' passage, but I feel Hart's departure from the thread was sudden and well-written and certainly spooked the other characters. Therefore, I nominate you for the following medal:
Me Gooseta - Write a haunting passage

Notes:

I simply don't get to review Hart enough and that makes me sadddddddd!

Hart, as always, is beautifully written. He's such a kind soul that makes me want to wrap him up in a blanket and give him hugs! His interactions with Perdita were lovely - I feel they are similar in nature so there's an inherent level of comfort there between them. or that could be because of the previous thread.

Hart's sudden departure had an effect on the thread, allowing us to feel his panic as well as how the other two were viewing him leaving in their own minds. Even though it wasn't a planned departure. it added to the urgency of what the group was doing. It certainly added urgency to what Hart needed to do and you wrote that well.

I enjoyed how you write Wren. Npcs are tricky business but you allowed Wren to add to the scene, not take away from it.

Great job!

P.S - I couldn't award you full knowledge because of the early departure, under three posts.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this review, feel free to PM. Enjoy your rewards!

Avalon

word count: 827
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Egilrun”