Council Correspondence, Memos & Actions.

For storing OOC things.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Council Correspondence, Memos & Actions.

Arc 721
~~Correspondence & Actions~~

This is an OOC thread with IC consequences. The purpose of this thread is:
  • To give PCs a place to contact the council.
  • To give Council members a place to put notices and announcements.
  • To give Council members a place where they demonstrate their reactions to events which may not need a full post / thread, but need to be responded to.
 ! Message from: Thread Rules
There are a few rules which apply here.
1. All posts must have an IC date.
2. If you are a PC and wish your communication to be anonymous - PM the post to a Scalvoris Mod and it'll get posted anonymously.
3. If you are a council member - make sure that you are absolutely clear in your post about what you're doing.
4. EVERY post will be given a modnote like this with the outcome. That might be action needed or a result of your actions, or just 'noted' - but once that modnote is there, you can assume the outcome IC
word count: 172
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Council Correspondence, Memos & Actions.

18 Cylus 721

To the Albarech,

I am writing to you from a settlement on the island of Faldrass to request a meeting. I have been working on a sensitive investigation throughout the islands since early Cylus and have discovered troubling news that I would like a second opinion on, however as I wrote, it is a sensitive case. I would prefer to keep the circle of trust for this investigation to those I know have the best intentions for the island at heart. We were both there when Faldrass erupted and I saw you help people first-hand so I trust you to put the islands before personal gain. I am not certain of the loyalties of the other members of the Council anymore so I would prefer that you come alone if you intend to come..

You can find our settlement near the Serenity Garden on Faldrass. We are a small settlement, but we are doing our best to endure in the strange new landscape.

P.S. I apologize for my handwriting, I have trouble reading and writing when not in motion.

With regards,
Flamer Trooper Balthazar Black

word count: 190

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Arc 721, 78th of Ashan

To: All councillors and the people of Scalvoris.
From: Darius Baer, Baron of House von Smooglenuff and founder of Hopetoun.

To Whom It May Concern!

Our settlement of Hopetoun received news this trial of a disaster which has befallen the farmers of Scalvoris. Perhaps by the grace of the Immortals alone, we have been largely spared from such misfortune. The volcanic soil just outside Hopetoun is proving to be ideal for farming and is giving us a crop yield beyond what would normally be expected for such a small piece of farmland.

Scalvoris farmers are struggling to provide food for the island, and income for their families. Faldrass does not provide such a challenge. I encourage any and all farmers to join the community of Hopetoun and help provide for themselves and for all Scalvorians. We will do all we can to help them establish a new livelihood on fertile land.

Given the urgency and severity of the situation, I hope you are able to extend this invitation to those who can benefit from it the most.

Yours sincerely,
Darius Baer, Baron of House von Smooglenuff and founder of Hopetoun.
Last edited by Darius Baer Bottom on Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 195
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1480
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date:20th of Cylus 721

Dear Scalvoristown Proper\Scalvoris Militant\Albarech (OOC:He made three separate letters, each addressed to each individual.),

Egilrun is far too tempting a target for the forces of Slag’s Deep. I fear what will happen if they grow too bold, with the announcement of War. They haven't moved yet, but it's only a matter of time. Surely they've been marshalling their forces, and will soon act on Egilrun's isolation.

Should Egilrun fall, so will a major port to the Eastern Sea Routes. It’s a very rich route, that leads into the Southern Continent, and around to the Crescent Sea with Yaralon and Nashaki, and other places that have often supplied the island with essential goods.

We cannot afford to let Egilrun fall to Slag’s Deep. Such a disaster would likely double the duration of any conflict, not to mention the casualties and supply lines. I’ve petitioned the Darbyton leader to send Rangers to scout out and secure the trade routes leading west out of Egilrun. If you could guard those routes with whatever Element Troops can be spared, that would be very appreciated by all in Egilrun, and surely go well toward shortening this war with Slag’s Deep.

From a concerned resident,
Woe Morandi
word count: 218
Image*Image*Image
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1480
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 20th of Cylus 721

Dear Docks Boss Larksong Willow,

Egilrun stands as a beacon of trade and prosperity, bringing much in the way of wealth to the rest of the Island. Yet it stands alone, a tempting target to the forces of Slag’s Deep. Now, I ask not that you send an entire platoon of rangers to our aid, nor commit resources to build defenses.

However, were you to scout and run reconnaissance to the road to the west of Egilrun, the trade routes and supply lines running in and out of there, I can possibly convince Scalvoristown to commit more Element troops to protect those routes.

Anything you can commit to our defense, in any event, would be greatly appreciated.

From a concerned resident,
Woe Morandi.

! Message from: Pegasus
Reply received saying that yes, this will be happening. That she's pleased to be getting more troops, also, directly as a result of his appeal and she's generally thanks-very-much-dude. She copies it to Liza.
word count: 171
Image*Image*Image
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Ashan 15, Arc 721

Albarech Kura Mareth

I will get quickly to the point - During a meditation here on Faldrass totrial, something happened that has never happened before.

I know how things look in my meditations and something came that...was not that. I saw fire, everywhere. There was a mountain split down the middle and two people - one of which I personally recognize as Vega Creede, Lightening Knight from Rharne. There was a glow coming out of a rift in the mountain, like fire possibly. Then a figure lifted out of the rift, made of fire...and all three descended into the rift.

There was also a voice that said… 'I can only guarantee safe passage to the Heart for the Death Forged.'

Further, there was a cavern with a single, large rose on a vine curled up over a massive glowing crystal. There were thorned vines at the base that radiated into the lava and glowed orange, as if absorbing the lava and spreading it throughout the vines.

Finally, a campsite with boulders and a fire. Two figures were there. One I recognized as Xiur (I've been in his presence before). I did not recognize the second.

I don't believe the incident is tied to magic. I certainly wasn't using magic at the time. I was thinking about Faldrass, however.

After informing Balthazar, I sought to tie the vision to something that could validate it. I remembered the set of books I was given at the Cylus Dusk event, Smooglenuff's Guide to Faldrass, and began reading them. I discovered a section that dealt with what he called ‘The Heart of Scalvoris’ – stated to be within the Scalvoris Mountains. He told of a legend where it spoke of "Quintessentials" - five essentials - or five elements. Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and the Heart which binds them. He went on to write that he did not believe that version to be accurate. In his opinion, the ‘essence of Faldrass’ was the Heart of Scalvoris…implying them to be the same thing. Balthazar tells me that he has been in the Heart, and it is indeed below Faldrass.

He also spoke of how important Faldrass was to the island…and how the head of the volcano runs beneath the ground and warms the earth in Scalvoris Town. I took this to mean there are possibly tunnels or caverns that run between the two, but I know nothing about volcanos. What concerned me about that section is that I saw vines in my vision, absorbing lava and spreading it. It felt like a possible correlation.
With regards,
Elisabeth Angelus

word count: 439
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

6th of Cylus, Arc 721

To: Kura Mareth, Albarech of Scalvoris
From Professor Doran Thetys

Esteemed Albarech,

Scalvoris is and has always been a place that is close to my heart, as is Idalos itself. When I heard that the Council had declared war against Slag’s Deep which considers itself a sovereign nation now as well as received other worrisome news, I thus decided to see what I could do to help and if I could find anything that might be of use in the Prime Atheneum in Viden.

A lot of what I uncovered is unlikely to be news to you, but during my research I happened upon a book written by a Mrs. Guffone, or Violunne, as she also called herself, a book of prophecies that was written two-hundred arcs before the Pirate Lords arrived.

The book of prophecies mentioned that Scalvoris is connected by a series of underground tunnels and that the constantly moving caves in Ishallr are in fact not randomly moving at all but controlled by someone and they provide access to the whole island.

Furthermore, the book spoke of ice statues that guard against people finding the way into the “Heart of Scalv”. It speaks of the “Heart of Scalv” overseeing the five elements – and of the “King of Egilrun” who seeks to take the Pirate Lord crown. It mentions isledots and shrine, and the need to Watch at all times, lest the dark ships come and bring death with them.

Over the course of my research, I was able to find a connection between Watch and the fortress named Watch that sits at the entrance of Treid’s Mouth. The author of one of the books that I consulted speaks of it being the entrance to a series of underground caverns and tunnels beneath Scalv – the true home of the Pirate Lords. Dark ships were already seen before, in Ymiden 718, when three different places, including Baron Smooglenuff’s manor on Faldrass, were attacked which suggests a connection in my opinion.

Furthermore, I cannot help but wonder if the Pirate Lords who disappeared a few arcs ago still exist somewhere, deep under Scalvoris.

Another book talks about the stars that protect Scalv. This is often described as though it is a person – and has friends. They protect the heart. Apparently, Xiur is one of the protectors of Scalv. There are a wealth of legends surrounding the Heart. Some say that it is in Faldrass. Some say that there are five “crystals” – Earth, Air, Fire, Water and either Heart or Spirit. Some say that the “Heart” is Faldrass or the “essence of Faldrass”. Finally, the author of the book of prophecies herself seems to have a connection to Xiur and Ziell.

There were two topics that I did not manage to find out more about though, or at least not much more. There is very little information about the Pirate Lord crown, apart from it being linked to the Pact in some way, and no mention of the King of Egilrun anywhere in the Prime Atheneum, a fact that took me by surprise, considering that there are hundreds of thousands of books. Since it concerns Egilrun, conducting research on Scalvoris itself might lead to different results though.

I have included copies of my notes on the subsequent pages, in the hope that the information will be of use to you, and so that you can share it with people that you trust, provided that you decide to look into any of these matters further. I will resume my research tomorrow, and look into the legends about the Heart of Scalvoris and Violunne’s story especially. That being said, please also let me know if there is a particular topic that you want me to research.

In Hope and Peace

Doran Thetys
► Show Spoiler
word count: 656

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Kirei Qe'Azour
Profession: Chef
Renown: 134
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

22nd Cylus, 721

To Albarech Kura Mareth
From Kirei Qe'Azour

War is a terrible thing, but although I know very little about Slag's Deep, I trust the Council when you say that it is necessary. I am not a fighter, nor is anyone else in my family. We cannot offer to help with any of the fighting that is likely to happen with a war. But we wish to do our part to help the war effort just the same. To that end, you will find a donation enclosed in this letter. Please use it as you see fit in regards to the war effort against Slag's Deep.

We also plan to donate some more in the way of supplies once we have had the chance to purchase them. Is there anything in particular that would be useful as a donation? Likewise, is there anything that you already have enough of? Should we bring the supplies we buy to Isonomia once we have had the chance to buy them, or is there another place we should deliver supplies that are specifically meant for the war effort to?

I apologize for all of my questions. And I hope that the money I have included in this letter will prove useful to you.

Sincerely,

Kirei Qe'Azour

Note
A 20 WP donation for the war effort is included in this letter. This has been deducted from her ledger.

word count: 238
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

This is Kura's individual responses to all the letters in the inbox thus far.
 ! Message from: Balthazar Black
Letter negated by the Trial.
 ! Message from: Darius Baer
Kura has Darius's invitation sent out to all the farmers and posted in the villages and major cities as well. Get with Trouble and possibly Pegasus about how much impact this would have on the settlement, but Kura would arrange transportation to Hopetoun for any farmer that takes the offer and send them with seeds and such.
 ! Message from: Woe Morandi
Kura doesn't send a letter in response, but Woe will that by the 23rd of Cylus, there Elements patrolling the supply lines and trade routes. Land and Fire Elements secure the land side, Sea Elements are more active around the port, and Air Elements are observing both. In addition, Egilrun itself receives reinforcements as well.
 ! Message from: Woe's Second Letter
Kura is not Larksong Willow and therefore did not recieve this one.
 ! Message from: Elisabeth Angelus
The thread is already in motion, but Kura decides she needs more information about this vision and comes for a personal visit.
 ! Message from: Doran Thetys
Doran receives a letter of very sincere gratitude and a request that he look into any connection between the Heart and Sweetwine Woods, Faldrass Volcano, Ishallr, The Immortals Tongue, and Slags Deep itself, as there have been incidents at all four of the former locations and the latter is, of course, a major concern.
 ! Message from: Kirei
Kirei receives a letter of gratitude from Kura and a response saying that raw materials, such as cloth, iron, canvas or leather are always welcome, as would be food or medicals supplies. The response would also say that donations intended for the Elements should go to the Elements Hall in Almund or Scalvoris Town or Redwood Redoubt in Scalvoris Town.
word count: 304
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Yeva
Approved Character
Profession: Medic | Crytographer
Renown: 585
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kura Mareth, Alberech of Scalvoris

You must be extraordinarily busy, so I will not waste your time. Etiquette must be cast aside in lieu of the information I carry. I believe Linca, fellow council member and Chief of Havardr, may be in grave danger. Perhaps even the entirety of Scalvoris, if the prophecies are to be believed.

We have not formally met, but I am a blue cloak member of the Order of Adunih and presently write to you from within the borders of Havardr. I had traveled here even in the midst of a hailstorm to answer the call of its villagers. Their chief has been subjected to an unexplainable coma. I do not say this lightly. With no signs of sickness or injury, his condition is impossible. Soon, however, I discovered the truth. This man now bears the curse of Lisirra.

If this curse is not lifted by the warm season, this simple slumber will worsen. The bugs will rise and I do not know what will keep us safe if that happens. I have spoken with anyone here who will come forward with mixed success. Linca was a private man and no one seems to know the extent of his personal affairs. I must ask - has there been anything, any occurrences or concerns that have pointed towards bugs, or illness upon the island? I have been away from Scalvoris for some time and am unfamiliar with local happenings since Faldrass. In my plan to cure Linca, I first aim to discover how, and that leads me to the why. I will do my best.
Sincerely,
Yeva of Rharne
Written: 10 Cylus 721 Recieved: 13 Cylus 721
word count: 278
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “OOC Archive Scalvoris”