• Mature • [Krome]Snake in the Grass (Aelius Callistus)

Rita meets Aelius whilst forging

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.
Rita Fenyo
Approved Character
Race: Hyludin
Renown: 59
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

[Krome]Snake in the Grass (Aelius Callistus)

12 Ymiden 716

Birds danced tree to tree, a soft breeze kept the air cool and the forest was well shaded from the suns glow. Rita took her time slithering here, taking the moment to enjoy the day for all it's worth. The past ten days had been interesting, she had made an arrangement with Barten to stay a little longer than the five day limit in exchange for helping around the bar on top of payments. The town had already come to be used to the strange, helpful, creature now residing in their town. Rita was willing to try any new skill for some coin, yet somehow word had spread quickly about her skill in medicine and with the surgical blade. Which was, one of the two reasons, why she was out in the forest on such an amazing day.

She had tied her cloak into a makeshift bag to hold what she had foraged, a few tools borrowed from a gardener around her hip and in a simple linen shirt and wrap around her lower torso. A long happy sigh, Ymiden was her favorite season, just warm enough in the day with cold cloudless nights. She favorited a hill overlooking most of Krome, seeing from horizon to horizon sky light a mix of colours and strange shapes. Thoughts cut off as her shirt snagged on a branch, untangling herself and a quick look around, off came her shirt, tied around her waist leaving her topless. Nothing but the birds to see anyway. It was just so amazing, one could loose themselves in the day.
"When you speak I hear silence" she sung in Ithecal, she wasn't the best singer but far from tuneless. A natural apparently, common smile spread across her face at the thought.
"Every word a defiance" Making her way through the denser parts of the wood, spotting what she was after.
"I can hear, oh I can hear"

Bending down to inspect the fungus, making sure it was what she thought. Conveniently most medicinal items could be found through Idalos
"Think I'll go where it suits me,
"Movin' out to the Country "

Holding the bag open as she tossed in the fungus, moving to a bush of tasty berries for Barton's stew,
"With everyone, oh everyone" being careful with the leaves and popping one in her mouth, a blend of sweetness and a strong kick of spice. Roots were harder to find, the flowers were a bit off coloured in this climate
"Before we all become one" Pausing for a moment where she new the music would be before starting on the second verse.
"You tell yourself that you're lucky" Standing up to stretch, a few animals scattering off. Crossing the items she had off her list, spotting a few in a nearby clearing with a fallen log. Slithering over and having a look around the large empty space. Approaching the fallen log and cutting off the fungus then working the ground away to get at the roots of a ginger plant. Good for food and taking the taste off some less the delectable medicines.
"Lyin' down never struck me" Working away, enjoying the day and the sound of her voice echoing around the forest.

word count: 545
"Ithecal" Thoughts
Aelius Callistus
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Seeker and Private Tutor
Renown: 30
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Some days, Aelius would lose grasp of what motivated him to do what. Often he would say it was the thirst for knowledge, but sometimes, especially lately, he was beginning to think he would be perpetually thirsty, forever lusting. Once again he was outside of Andaris, yet knew not for a reason. Only ten days ago he was still within the province of Andaris itself, trekking through the Hangwoods with three unlikely human allies. Though he was a halfblood, a mix between human and Eidisi, he would forsake his human roots in order to attune himself to his father’s Eidisi blood. There were days still where he would doubt even that; was that what his father wanted, he would wonder, for him to forsake his mother’s blood in favor for his sire’s?

It was a hard thought that plagued him as he walked the distance from Fort Krom into the nearby forest. Recently he had been going on walks, seeking to clear his mind, of which was often weighted more so than the average man’s. He was on no quest, not this time, whereas every other time he was outside of the city of Andaris he was pursuing some form of goal, be it experience or gold. This time, he was not, he was enjoying himself, something a friend of his once encouraged him to do. He hadn’t seen that friend in quite some time, Ciaran was very sparse as of late, leading him to believe that she was cutting ties. He couldn’t color himself surprised, but he was hurt.

The forests were beginning to feel like home. Up north in Viden he often didn’t have the luxury he had here. He adored Ymiden, partly because it was the season of his birth, but also because it put warmth in the world and in him. While the nights were cool and cloudless this far south on the island, they could not compare to the chilled summers of Viden. As such, Aelius was donned in simple clothes: trousers tucked into his leather boots, gloves over his hands, a simple shirt over his torso, all followed by a cloak draped over his frame. Walking at his side away from Fort Krom was his feline friend, Flavia. The caracal cat was quiet like its owner, its head swiveling from side to side to take in their changing environment. As they traveled further from the fort they were being greeted by enriched foliage, something Aelius was beginning to adore as much as he adored Ymiden.

Flavia meowed quietly, catching Aelius’ attention. He looked down to the caracal, raising his brows and meeting the feline’s yellow eyes with his milky and void gaze. The meow came again, Flavia bearing her small sharp fangs before nodding her head in the direction further into the woods at their flank. Aelius had been entirely bidden away into his own mind, ignoring the world around him, something he only felt safe doing because Flavia was at his side. As his senses awakened to the wild world around him he could hear the interesting sound of a voice. It was just a murmur nearly lost on the wind coming from inside the forest, but it was able to be heard vaguely by him. He paused, testing the direction for the sound before following.

Flavia caught wind of this change in her master, eventually situating herself to take lead in this new adventure, this newly developed endeavor. The closer the two of them got the more pronounced the sound became. The voice remained interesting to Aelius, it intrigued him and became known as a language he had only heard in passing, nothing learned by the halfblood in full. Through the thicket and collected trees a figure was beginning to be made out by the Eidisi’s ethereal gaze. He recognized the humanoid as an Ithecal before he stepped foot into a space where he could be seen. Flavia was definitely more silent than her clunky halfblood counterpart, so her feline steps were barely discernable against the ground. Aelius’, however, were becoming further and further apparent and he wasn’t attempting to mask them either. He approached a clearing with a fallen tree. Tilting his head to the side as he stood along the perimeter, he watched the Ithecal, who appeared to be topless, stuff something into a makeshift sack before going into another line of song in her language.

“That’s not something you hear every day,” Aelius spoke up to announce his presence. Flavia sat back on her haunches between her master’s legs, peering at the Ithecal in much the same way Aelius did. She meowed in greeting, as if saying hello.

“You must be the Ithecal I’ve overheard people talking about at the fort, no?” he questioned. “Is there to be a reason you’re out here alone in the woods?”

Aelius knew he was being intrusive, asking questions without as much as introducing himself but his curiosity got the better of him. They were questions asked whose answers he yearned to know. As it were, he posed no threat to her. He had no visible weapons, though his Seeker’s conduit lay underneath his cloak hooked to his belt. He stood plainly, regarding her with inquisition and neutrality. Not even Flavia was on edge, totally relaxed, taking in the oddity that was the Ithecal before them.
word count: 916
Rita Fenyo
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Heavy footsteps on fresh branches. Careful not to move sharply least she startle her hunter, bringing her stave ready in her dominant hand as she pretended to keep going about her business. Coiled up ready to strike, with very little change in her poster. Whatever it was it was big, bears were easy and...
“That’s not something you hear every day,” Slowly she turned, looking at a man. A little cautious at first, quickly scanning the man for weapons, watching his body language closely for any sign of violent intent. Every muscle relaxing as she realised the newcomer meant her no harm. A look of curiosity and her common smile, predominantly he was human, yet at the same time something was off about him. Hollowed cheeks, streamlined jaw and eyes almond like in shape, pure white in colour though not by blindness. Maybe some other ailment, or just part of whatever species he was. Only a little older than her if she had to take a guess.
“You must be the Ithecal I’ve overheard people talking about at the fort, no?” he questioned. “Is there to be a reason you’re out here alone in the woods?”

Satisfied this man meant her no harm, relaxing completely, bringing her stave parallel to the ground in both hands. A gesture of peace.
"Yes I am actually, been here ten days" Cheeks turning red at the blank look, a smile laughing at herself as she tried again in common.
"Yes I arrived ten trials ago, walked most of the way from my home." She studied how he responded to this answer, "I am forging for coin and medicinal items" Gesturing to the mushrooms and scarf root on the fallen tree. Judging him to not be a threat she approached closer ever so slightly, only then noticing the strange creature by his feat. She tilted her head, the feline mimicking her which made her chuckle.
"Is this a cat is it. Only seen a few of them myself." Looking back to the young man she got closer offering her dominant hand, other holding the stave pointed to the ground, as she'd been taught to greet someone new whilst armed. Show hospitality to friends and foes. Be it in good food a drink or a good battle.
"My name is Rita. May I ask whom you and your friend is and why you are also out here all alone. " Curious to know more about this man with the white eyes.

word count: 418
"Ithecal" Thoughts
Aelius Callistus
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Aelius took a gamble speaking to the Ithecal in a language universally understood by all in Rynmere. He heard her singing in another language, something that sounded as if it naturally came from her lips, leading him to believe it was her mother-tongue or perhaps a hymn learned while traveling. He couldn’t be sure which, but as the Ithecal spoke once more, she spoke in the language she sung in, giving pause to Aelius as he considered if communication would even be possible with such a creature. That pause was short-lived, the Ithecal spoke in a language he could understand, though the small glimmering linguist inside him was let down.

Aelius nodded at her words, she’d been at Fort Krom for ten days, enough time to garner a small celebrity following due to her racial condition. She approached him, a small slither for her but a small half-step for a man with two legs. He found the way her body moved curious and interesting. To his surprise – though it didn’t show – she was topless, bearing her chest for him and anyone else to see if he were followed on this path through the woods. He was fairly certain he was not, trusting his caracal to alert him otherwise, or in this case, alert them both for the Ithecal didn’t seem to harbor any ill intent, having said she was here in the forest foraging for medicinal herbs.

He followed her gesture to what she was gathering and nodded again in understanding. It seemed the Ithecal’s attention shifted towards Flavia between Aelius’ legs, making the halfblood look down at his feline companion who seemed to tilt its head much in the same way the Ithecal did hers.

“Yes,” Aelius said, “this is a caracal cat.”

Closer still the Ithecal got, extending her hand to be taken, and Aelius took it, shaking it firmly but not hurtfully. The halfblood knew the merit of greeting someone properly, though he would’ve been just fine should the Ithecal continued her conversation without the handshake.

“You can call me Aelius,” he told Rita. “This is Flavia.” He gestured with a nod to the cat between his legs.

The halfblood moved, rounding Rita’s flank as he continued on behind her towards the fallen tree she had snaked away from upon his arrival. It was a small clearing, something his milky eyes discerned as his head swiveled slowly from side to side. Flavia continued behind him, her tail in the air as she walked. Aelius stopped by the tree while the feline leaped atop it, sitting back down on its haunches to groom its forepaws.

“Was that your mother language?” he asked, turning to view Rita again. “I’ve heard stories about the Ithecal, your people, but I admit this is my first time seeing one in person, let alone hearing your language, of which I think sounds mightily interesting, if not beautiful.”

“Have you been in Rynmere long? I’m from Viden myself, though I take up residence in Andaris now when I’m not traveling around the kingdom,” he continued on, speaking idly in attempts to create traction for an ongoing conversation. He wanted to learn about Rita and her Ithecal ways and wanted to know what brought her to Rynmere of all places.
word count: 558
Rita Fenyo
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

She liked the sound of his voice, soft and well spoken. Relief flowed over rita as he accepted the handshake, seems friendly enough.
“Yes you can call me Aelius, This is Flavia.” Smiling at them both, the man moving around her side, making his way towards the log. Watching his eyes as he looked around, taking everything in, confirming that he was indeed able to see perfectly fine. The feline following its master, jumping up upon the tree. Slowly she moved closer, sitting herself on the grass against the log. Gesturing for Aelius to join her. He seemed curious about her as she was of him.
”Was that your mother language?” he turned slightly, white eyes fixed on her”I’ve heard stories about the Ithecal, your people, but I admit this is my first time seeing one in person, let alone hearing your language, of which I think sounds mightily interesting, if not beautiful”

She paused for a moment, cheeks flushing red and heart skipping a beat. A small laugh and a beaming smile.
“Well, do I make a good first impression?” A chill breeze drifted past, causing Rita to shiver. Then remember she was bear chested. Blushing even more at the realisation, a very good first impression then. He continued on trying to create traction in the conversation.
“Have you been in Rynmere long? I’m from Viden myself, though I take up residence in Andaris now when I’m not traveling around the kingdom,” To Rita it was as if Aelius was after knowledge rather than small talk for; other goals. She was after the same. Sitting herself up more she positioned herself comfortably.
“Since Ashen. It’s a very long story of how I got here and I would more than enjoy your company. I came by boat from a fishing village to the south east, how I got there I’ll leave out for now. The trip was uneventful, my skills being useful for the normal hazards of sea travel. Few cuts, diseases that sort of thing. One storm but not too serious. We arrived in port on time, the edge of the storm bringing a strong gale making the entrance tricky along with the outgoing tide. Our captain was skilled though, no older than you actually, so it was of little trouble. Andaris is. Well it is a nice place actually. The only issue I have are” She paused for a long time. “A recent; encounter, that left me injured both physically and mentally. I stumbled upon the arena and this did little to help my; condition.” going quiet, considering what to say next, “to tell the truth I enjoyed what I saw. Even though I shouldn't” she looked up at him, hoping she hadn’t bored the young man.
“I left the next morning, eight days later arriving in Krome and well, here I am”

She smiled, settling her feelings giving time for the young man to ask question or if he himself had anything to say about what she had said so far. Once that was done she offered him a sweet fruit from her bag.
“I can tell you more if you would like that?” Knowing already that the answer would be yes. She’d find out more about him in due time, could take a guess if she knew her races better. Company was nice for a change, it was a long lonesome road, literally and figuratively, to get to Rynmere. Sure she had meet people and made friends along the way but there was something missing from all of them, it wasn’t satisfying. Almost as if drinking in a dream, you see it and feel it yet it isn’t there. Aelius filled this void though and Rita was somewhat desperate to hold on to this. For a while she had worried about her mental state but now here was someone that actually felt there. It was so long since she last felt it. She smiled watching Aelius.
word count: 671
"Ithecal" Thoughts
Aelius Callistus
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Aelius turned his back to the fallen tree and set his bottom upon it, leaning there while he listened to her reply. It seemed she was mildly flustered by his compliment, something he wasn’t expecting as what he said wasn’t said in a charming manner, just something matter-of-factly. He did presume however that his voice held something to be desired, gauging off Rita’s reaction. He smiled at her, nodding in affirmation, she did make a good first impression, topless and all. Aelius attempted to ignore Rita’s bare breasts in order to focus on the conversation; he kept his gaze trained on hers, only flickering down to watch her lips as they moved.

Rita revealed she had been in Rynmere since Ashan, which wasn’t all that long ago. A long story, she said it was, of which Aelius was positioned to hear. He figured he wouldn’t be going anywhere else for a time, this chance encounter was reason enough for him to stay in the forest with her. Rita revealed her occupation as well, and it explained why she was out in the forest looking for herbs. She wasn’t just tasked to do it by someone else, she was probably searching to replenish her stock. Aelius was intrigued, looking on intently as she paused. During that pause, he sat down on the fallen tree, his tall frame shrinking as he did so. The halfblood was nearly lanky in his build, there was muscle there, but it was light and toned, though not finely tuned like someone who engaged in physical activity consistently. He wasn’t scrawny but one could tell he spent a great deal of time with his nose in books.

Flavia walked across the log into Aelius’ lap, curling up and setting her eyes on the still quiet Ithecal. Aelius brought his hands down to pet the caracal, his palms going over the length of the feline’s coat and body. Rita spoke again, continuing the sentence that trailed off, having left Aelius in mild suspense. Whatever it was, he knew was hard on the Ithecal woman. She admitted what she faced left its mark on her, physically and mentally, and seemed to weigh heavily on the latter. He flexed his brows at the mention of an unknown ‘condition’, something he wanted to know more about. Rita was an intriguing one, Aelius wanted to pry.

Rita had met his gaze, said some more, then smiled. He smiled back politely, considering what he wanted to say, to ask. He wasn’t so careless to approach something unknown with aggressive and thoughtless tactics. He wanted to be tactful, to show he was interested without making Rita feel as if she was a guinea pig to his tests of information seeking. He didn’t say anything before she offered him a fruit from her bag. He took it gingerly, turning it over in his hand with his fingers as the other hand stroked Flavia. She offered to tell him more, of which caused him to look up to her again, nodding.

“I would like to know more,” he admitted. “What was it you encountered? Why was it unwise to enjoy? What’s this ‘condition’ you speak of?” The questions came quickly, as if they had been sitting on the tip of the halfblood’s tongue for ages just dying to be released. There was relief in him upon asking, however, there was an apologetic look made by him soon after.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I don’t mean to interrogate you; what you say is interesting to me though. I’d be willing to answer your questions as well, if you had any. I can see we’re both not very common to Rynmere. Perhaps we share ground there?”

Aelius looked up to her expectantly, wondering what she was going to say next. He was presenting his own life as a currency for Rita to take in exchange for answers to his questions, something he did often in this new world he was exploring.
word count: 682
Rita Fenyo
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Aelius took the apple with carefully, continuing to stroke the cat. He seemed eager almost relieved as he asked three questions in quick succession. Smiling at his enthusiasm, before fully taking in what was asked. A moment later he apologised to her, without need she felt.
”I can see we’re both not very common to Rynmere. Perhaps we share ground there?”
Smiling as she replied. “Of course we share common ground. Both friendly people wanting to know more about each other” Looking up, locking eyes with him. “One question at a time then. The condition I refer to has no name, even though it’s quite common in soldiers. It’s believed to stem from traumatic events where the person becomes, uh, distraught, horrified or whatever and end up changing mentally. Distancing themselves from friends and loved ones, falling into… depression or anger or violence, they change completely.” She gave pause to let him absorb the words. Most people saw it as cowardice, or failed to act before the person became a husk. It was sad really, more could be done to help them. “It’s not something that can be cured with herbs or a mixture, it takes time to recover. Same as a muscle injury it takes a long long time to get better. If ever”

Giving time for her to settle her emotions and for him to absorb the new knowledge. Now came the hard questions, the two interlinked into one. Thinking on what she had just said, she needed to tell someone, something made her trust him.
“Aelius if I am to tell you I need you to swear that you will tell no one. Do I have your word?” A moment of silence a moment of fear.
”Of course, you have my word” Laying her head against the wood looking up at the clouds. There was a long silence, he respected that. Finaly she was ready
“It was mid Zi’da, I was somewhere near the coast to the south east and on the horizon I saw a blizzard coming in. I thought I would be able to make the safety of a fishing town before the full force hit me and I wasn’t far off when… I got hit by an arrow through the shoulder” Slow and controlled, pointing to the scar on her left shoulder. “Next thing I know I’m flat on the snow bleeding and in a Cuss of a lot of pain. She approached me and I lay still till she was close. Turning me over where I lashed out and bit her. Of course she was a better fighter than me so I get beat up a lot, broke my ribs. I struck back with my stave and managed to get the advantage but she kicked me down. Drawing a blade she approached me, to which i threw snow in her face but still got cut.” the scar by her left eye, running down the inside of Rita’s nose. “I ripped her shirt open and she was, uh, naked underneath. I managed to flip and tried crawling away but she garroted me with the bow string. Then I hit her getting free again. We fought some more I was on my back beaten when she leapt at me… “

Rita closes her eyes, hugging her tail tight and steadying her breathing before she started crying. No one knew what happened beside her and nothing was making her tell him this but she felt like she needed to. Everytime she did tell the story one detail was constantly omitted for fear of judgment. Slowly she looked at him again.
“When I opened my eyes I had grabbed the knife and she had… I had stabbed her through the breast a fatal wound. I thought she was going to kill me as well.” Trying so hard to keep her voice steady, words spoken at a set calm pace.
“The blood dripping down her body, following her curves the way the crimson contrasted her pale skin it…” He was eager to know, a reassuring look, like it didn’t matter to him.
“It; aroused me.” swallowing. No going back, if he hated her he hated her. “It really aroused me seeing her like that. Instead of killing me with her she smiled and… had sex with me as she died. “ She was shaking now and rushing to get all the words out. “I thought that it was a one off thing that my body was reacting strangely to the pain but at the arena it happened again. Two slave girls slain and watching them die for some reason it… I know it’s disgusting and wrong and I hate it. However, it just feels so good. I can’t change it but I wish I could.”

Silence followed. She looked away marking that she was done answering his questions. Heart beating faster fear flowing through her and slowly losing control of her emotions, shaking in fear.
“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have said anything” She waited for his judgement upon her.

word count: 852
"Ithecal" Thoughts
Aelius Callistus
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

The snake-woman smiled, seeming as if she was deflecting his question by answering that their common ground was found in them both being ‘friendly’ people. Aelius didn’t like that but she kept talking anyway, truly revealing what she considered her condition to be. It had no name, and that tidbit was enough to fully entrance the halfblood into listening. Aelius hadn’t met many soldiers, them being quite rare in Viden, or at least to him with his nose in books. What Rita described though was something Aelius tried to vividly imagine, and he could understand why it was a condition known primarily to soldiers, given the horrific things they encountered in all their time battling.

She paused, letting him drink in what she had said, to digest it and decide if he wanted to hear more. He most certainly did, and so he waited patiently for her to garner the courage to speak up. He gave her his word when asked for it; he would tell no one, or so he believed in that moment. It appeared Rita was in an altercation, one with another woman who was more than a fighter than Rita herself was at that time in mid-Zi’da. His milky eyes shifted as she said she was cut, trailing over her face where the only obvious scar on her person lay. Soon enough, tears came. Aelius would have usually been rendered uncomfortable by the tears of one he knew little of, but he was thoroughly involved in the story, the recitation Rita was giving.

Rita stabbed the woman, yet this left Aelius unfazed. He encouraged her to go on with as much of a reassuring look he could communicate with his blank eyes. A turn came, where one would usually be repulsed and afraid of harming another so gruesomely, yet Rita was attracted to it, to the crimson on pale flesh, so much so that her scaled-flesh mingled with the marred woman until the latter was dead and gone. This was interesting to Aelius, so much so that his brows rose slowly as Rita continued on. The snake-woman cursed herself more and more, calling what she did disgusting and wrong, pointing out how much she hated it but loved it at the same time.

Aelius licked his lips slowly as silence crept over them. He was processing her words and story, attempting to understand Rita’s motivations and reasoning, though, truthfully, little could be found. Maybe it was a curse of the mind afflicting Rita, perhaps there was something awry that Aelius nor she could put their fingers on in that moment. In the end, Rita apologize to Aelius’ surprise, something that forced him to leave the silence for a little longer, probably to her dismay.

“You apologize but you don’t really mean it,” he said to her. “You apologize because you believe that I think you in the wrong, that I think you… disgusting. That is untrue, for one, and for two, you lie in this apology. Can you say with confidence that you won’t enjoy another encounter such as the one you’ve told me about? What if we were to have a tussle, you were to wound me, and then we were to lay with one another on this forest’s debris while I die slowly. Would you not enjoy that, Rita?”

The questions were truthfully rhetorical, for he believed he knew the answers: she would enjoy that, it was already engrained in her mind. “If you were to rob yourself of the satisfaction,” he continued on, “then you would not have been able to cope with the damage you caused to that woman. Perhaps you believed you were doing her a favor in relieving the pain she had, the pain you caused, by providing her with pleasure instead, giving her a golden memory to cherish until her last hot breath.” His eyes watched her critically, his head tilted in the smallest way.

“I do not judge you, Rita,” he admitted, “so fear not and let the relief stop your tears. It was an act of the past, one that has left its ripples on your mind and flesh; move on.” He paused, wondering how she would take his bluntly spoken words. “I believe it is your turn to ask a question, yes?”
word count: 728
Rita Fenyo
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Birdsong filled the long hanging silence as she finished, looking away from Aelius for fear of his judgment. To Rita’s surprise he had no hatred, nor anger, when he spoke. Not even a slight bit of disgust. Slowly looking up to him, he was filled with calm and curiosity, as he explained that her apology had no meaning.Which was in a way true, she had said it in an attempt to keep their friendship rather than for her actions. Did she feel guilty about it? His questions made her think on this, though they were purely rhetorical she felt that she needed to answer them.
“Can I say that I wouldn’t enjoy it again? I can not.” She paused and looked him over a slight blush as she formed the next answer “As for your second question I feel that I would prefer to lay with you alive.” A sly smile holding her composure and in a way trying to brush over her previous outburst of guilt. She watched him closely, sitting up straighter and wiping her face dry. Listening closely to what ever else he had to say. He was quite blunt in a way but it helped her none the less.

She trusted him greatly, evidently so in the way she talked about her; condition. Slowly she offered her hand to the feline companion watching the creature. He left the conversation open for Rita to ask questions.
“Well I need to think on some but would it be accepted to call you friend?” Meeting his eyes as she asked the question smiling at him. Rolling questions over in her head as the pair sat in silence, she offering a sweet sap to the cat whilst she thought it over.
“I have quite a few questions actually, “ licking her lips slightly “ Tell me as much about yourself as you are willing. Viden was it? Tell me about that. Your heritage, some part of your past I am interested in anything, friend.” Rita didn’t care how long it would take or where it would go she was just glad to have company. Someone she didn’t have fear to open up to, who felt more real than anyone she had met since the incident. It was a nice warm feeling and she wanted to hold on to it as long as possible. Rita was happy.

She sat patiently as he answered, curled up in her tail similar to a biped crossing their legs. Showing interest and asking for details when necessary being a good audience to the story he had to tell. When there was a break she noticed something.
“ I like your eyes. “ leaving a pause to let the compliment sink in “I think they are very beautiful. If you don’t mind me saying they are no more white than the night sky is black, looking into your eyes is like seeing the night sky sparkle. “ Only after did she realise how flirtatious it could sound. Blushing slightly for him. He was quite attractive, though she didn’t want to rush into anything like that so soon.
word count: 523
"Ithecal" Thoughts
Aelius Callistus
Approved Character
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

It seemed Rita confirmed Aelius’ suspicions by answering his rhetorically asked question. He suspected she would answer anyway, regardless of the nature pertaining to the question asked. It was the way of people, he had learned, of nearly all things with compasses guiding their morals: they wanted to hear their own motivations aloud, for themselves, for if they were spoken by another, pointed out, then they would not believe them. Simply, Aelius nodded, his milky eyes on the blushing Ithecal. She seemed shy and coy with him, as if a great deal of her vulnerabilities were being tapped by him. The scales on her back could not shelter the soft belly she was so readily exposing to him. However, he perhaps was led to believe otherwise. Perhaps her coyness was actually bravery; she admitted to wanting to lay with him while he was alive, or at least she preferred to.

A small breath of a laugh escaped his nose, breathed out as the smile across his face spread once more. Her words didn’t stem the tide of his own, as he possessed the mind to say exactly what was in his cranium. Another quiet came, this one a tad shorter as she mulled over her questions to ask him. In that silence she raised a hand to Flavia. The caracal cat lowered its guard, seeing as Aelius wasn’t guarded in the slightest, allowing the snake-woman to pet its furry hide. The caracal would’ve felt smooth underneath Rita’s palm, a coat kept clean and maintained by extensive care both on the animal’s part and its owner’s. Aelius was quite the caretaker when it came to his companions, Rita could perhaps see this in Flavia’s luxurious condition.

He watched carefully as Flavia accepted the Ithecal’s touch, his eyes glinting over with interest as Rita prompted him once more. ‘Friend’, she asked. In all honesty, Aelius was not one to consider another ‘friend’ in such a short time. As it were, they had just met and knew very little about one another. However, he wasn’t uncomfortable. Since his last friend seemingly abandoned him, up and left without as much as an explanation, never to be seen again, he was feeling vulnerable. There was only so much a feline companion could accomplish after all.

He nodded, accepting Rita’s offering of friendship wordlessly. Watching still, a sweet was offered to the feline. Flavia sniffed over the treat curiously but didn’t accept it into her mouth, instead she rubbed her jowls against the back and side of Rita’s extended hand and arm, seemingly marking her affectionately. It was an act of acceptance, the feline’s own feelings in tune to what its master felt for Rita, of which was actual acceptance.

Aelius slouched slightly as he sat atop the downed tree trunk and took a breath. “I was born in Viden on the 53rd of Ymiden in the year 692. My mother is a full-blooded human while my father is a pureblood Eidisi. Because of their meeting, I was born, but I mostly took after my mother, hence the seemingly normal skin and dark hair. My eyes, however, are obviously from my father,” he went, looking to the now curled up Ithecal. It was nice to see her settling in for his tale, listening in much the same respectful way as he did her.

“I attended primary school in Viden, and secondary school but was ahead of my peers by leagues. Because of this, I was able to take tests that allowed me to graduate ahead of my class. By the time I was fourteen I was taking classes in the Academy of Viden, usually reserved for those two years older than me, those who graduate on time with their peers. My father was a professor at the Academy and my mother, a researcher. It was where they originally met; my father says he was infatuated with my mother due to her intellect, something that I received from the both of them.

“When I turned eighteen I became an apprentice under my father, learning to teach as well. I was going to specialize in teaching mathematics though, whereas he chose to teach linguistics. However,” he paused, “I didn’t end up staying to become qualified as a teacher at the academy. When I was nineteen I was approached by a man offering me a future and an experience I didn’t believe I could refuse. It would rip me away from my studies in Viden, and my family as well. My father didn’t… look kindly upon that. I still chose to take the man up on his offer, to move here to Rynmere where I began studying something new and… unexplored. That was six years ago now and I haven’t looked back, nor have I really spoken to my father since then. I still write my mother from time to time when I stumble upon something interesting that I want to share, otherwise I have very little contact with them.”

Aelius grew quiet, realizing he said much more than he actually intended to. Like Rita, he was unknowingly comfortable. Usually reasons that escaped him frustrated him, but here, it wasn’t the case. He felt fine and okay here with her secluded in the forests. There were few he shared his history with. He felt a little sympathy for Rita though, having had told him an important piece of her own past. He felt nearly obliged to say something of near equal value, yet he did not feel as if his saga was as impactful as Rita’s.

A look of surprise came over the eyes Rita commented on. Due to the lightness of his skin the smallest glimmer of rouge could be seen flushing below his cheekbones. He didn’t exactly know how to reply to such an openly spoken compliment for it came at a seemingly improper place in their conversation. The pause remained though, much to his dismay, only filled by his quiet breathing and Rita’s further cementation of her kindly spoken words.

“I…,” he muttered, “thank you. No one has ever said that about them before.”

It was a truthfully spoken statement and he was truly taken aback. The only other person to comment positively on his eyes was his mother when he was younger, how she would say they were similar to the stars in the night sky. He was touched.

“May… may I ask why you came to Rynmere?” he wondered, hoping to get the conversation back on track.
word count: 1106
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Duchies”