• Closed • Two Worlds Collide. (Tristan Verona)

Lapis shares a dream with Tristan and possibly others.

6th of Ymiden 716

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Staff

Lapis
Race: Tunawa
Renown: -30
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Two Worlds Collide. (Tristan Verona)

Date: 6th Ymiden, 716

There was pitch black at first with only the rough texture of the narrow cave tunnel to tell Lapis where he should go. After spending a great deal of time shifting through the dark waters, a light filled lapis eyes and he eagerly swam towards it. In an instant the narrow cave expanded to one filled with luminescent gems and crystal formations. Lapis showed his tiny pointy teeth in a smile but actual sparks of happiness shot out of his scalp to show how he really felt.

Lapis picked up a loose milky opal sphere from the ground held it firmly in his hands. It grew warm and started to melt and evolve into a beautiful sceptre like structure with tiny pearl embellishments. Without thinking Lapis held the sceptre high and from it came steams of bright purple lightning that crashed into the walls and uncovered even more treasure.

Lapis swam through the massive hole and into an expansive wonderland of gold and floating lanterns of ghostly blue flames that seem un affected by the water. The mer dove down into the sea of golden coins and took a handful of the glittering currency. The more he looked at the glimmering gold in his hands the brighter his smile got and the more sparks began to burst from his head .

The Mer could sense something odd about this magical place and he looked to his left to see that half of the cave was a royal thrown room with landspawn walking about in ridiculous attire. The water seemed to end just before the beginning of the thrown room as if an invisible field of magic was keeping it at bay. In disgust Lapis swam to the barrier when the water ended and looked into the land-spawns domain.
“Get out of my cave” Lapis projected the angry telepathic message “Land spawn don’t belong here.”
Last edited by Lapis on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 319
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 989
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

King Cassander had run away to become a pirate and half his court had joined him. The other half had called an emergency meeting and quickly decided that there was only one man that could help Rynmere in those trying times – Tristan Venora, master sculptor and world-famous actor and playwright. They had crowned him the very night Cassander had disappeared.

Cassander’s palace now belonged to him, his treasure was now his, and all the women that had once fawned over the king now fawned over Tristan instead. In fact a dozen of Rynmere’s most beautiful women were just now gathered around his throne, wearing very little in the way of clothes and serving him food and drinks, fine wine, delicious chocolate that melted in one’s mouth and juicy fruit that were sweeter than anything he had ever tasted.

Tristan himself was almost fully dressed, in silk and velvet. He had just taken his shoes off because he hated wearing shoes and didn’t need them anyway when he was sitting on his throne. Cassander’s crown – now his crown – was on his head. It fit him perfectly, as if it had been made for him, a sign that he had been meant to become king all along.

There was one thing that was a little odd about his new throne room – half of it was a cave – but Tristan didn’t mind. In fact he thought it was awesome. He didn’t think that there were any other kings in Idalos that had a throne room that was partially filled with water.

What was a little less awesome though was the fish-man that was examining his treasure as if he were thinking about stealing it. Lapis looked really weird and ugly in Tristan’s opinion (who considered himself to be the best looking man in Idalos of course).

"That’s not your cave, but my throne room", the new king of Rynmere corrected the mer and gestured for the ladies to join the rest of the court who were standing in the background and waiting for orders as a matter that required his attention had unfortunately come up.

Had he been awake, the fact that the creature was communicating telepathically with him would have bothered him a little, but in Emea he didn’t pay as much attention to such things. "I’m the king of Rynmere, and thus everything you can see here belongs to me, including you, so give that sceptre back to me and swear fealty to me."
word count: 426
Lapis
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

“landsman don’t belong in the ocean, you’ll need to move your throne someplace else.” Lapis boldly stated with the accompanying images of clouds of blood and pale limbs floating in the clear blue ocean. While these weren’t actions lapis had done himself they were the direct consequences of humans treading where they weren’t welcome.

“Belong to You!” Lapis became outraged at the thought and his words burned with fury as he aimed his sceptre at the foolish man. The sceptre began to glow with growing intensity as lapis’s anger intensified.
“I don’t care about kings or what ever you landspawn choose to call yourselves, I don’t belong to you and nether does this cave. If you don’t leave I won’t be afraid to spill blood.” Lapis bared rows of pointed teeth and his glowing sceptre grew into a crystal lance as he pointed it menacingly at the insolent human.

The barrier between the dreams began to fade and water started trickle into the throne room. Fish swam through the air and the scantily clad women that fanned over the man began to grow fins and patches of scaly skin. Lapis was to enraged to notice the changes and two weary to go into a room where he was out numbered. The mer hoped he was intimidating enough to make the humans leave with out having to engage. Lapis knew he wasn’t a fighter like Rend but he wasn’t about to let his treasure trove go to some human.
word count: 259
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

The water full of blood and pale limbs looked rather interesting, Tristan thought, stood up from his throne and made a few steps towards the border that separated the two parts of the room. He knelt down and let his hand hover over the surface for a moment, furrowing his brow as he did so, before he simply reached down and pulled out a severed arm that turned into a rose, the symbol of House Venora, the moment it came in contact with air.

"Well, yes, I’m the king so everything you can see is mine", he replied bemusedly as he stepped back and raised the flower in his hand to his nose. Bizarrely, it still smelled like a dead body, so he threw it back into the water where it immediately turned into a severed hand again.

It was just then that he noticed that it was starting to rain. No, it was not really starting to rain. The barrier between the dreams was starting to fade. His eyes widened as a fat trout that would be delicious smoked and with a few vegetables swam past his head and looked at him from out of cold fish eyes. Apparently the Immortals had noticed that he was hungry.

His servants began to grow fins and scales which he found quite fascinating. He had always wondered if it would be possible to make love to a mermaid, so maybe he would do just that once he had gotten rid of the intruder. "If the cave and the location of my throne are the problem", the dream king of Rynmere mused and backed away from the lance that was being pointed at him, just in case. "that can be taken care of."

As he spoke, the walls of his half of the room broke away so that it was not really a cave anymore, and the floor rose until it had formed a small hill where the throne now stood. The servants turned mermaids immediately ran (or rather dragged their bodies) towards the water and jumped into it as they didn’t like being so far away from it. Tristan sighed because that put an end to his plans to make love to them, unless he somehow managed to get them back.

"You can keep my sceptre if I get a mermaid", he informed Lapis who had quite impressive pointed teeth (why couldn’t he have such teeth? His subjects would fear him so much more!). "You know, maybe we could just share. There are more than enough mermaids for the two of us! See, I’m a nice king so there’s no need to be hostile."

Just as he finished speaking, the mermaids reached Lapis and gathered around him, giggling as they did so. Apparently they found the fact that he had a fish head quite fascinating.
word count: 478
Lapis
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

“You don’t seem to be listening, your title is meaningless to me. My kind don’t even bow to the gods let alone landspawn kings.” Lapis started to pity the man for assuming his silly title held any power over a Mer. The landspawn always though they were more advanced but they were willing slaves to anyone with a special name. Despite himself However, The mechanics of this strange system made Lapis begrudgingly curious . “How does one even become a king? did he kill the last one or prove his worth through some kind of trial. So strange” Pondered the mer openly, thinking his musings were private. A telepathic wave of embarrassment was sent out when Lapis realized his mistake, He didn't want this king to think he remotely cared about him or his culture.

With the sudden change in environment, lapis was carried with the rush of water moving into the thrown room. The force of water was disorienting and if it wasn’t for Lapis’s strong tail fighting the current, he was certain the water would bashed him into the jagged walls of the crystal cave. Lapis thrust his tail hard in the water to push himself to the surface. He shot a very unamused look at the king when his head popped out of the waters surface, as if to say "try that again I dare you".

The “Mermaids” as the Landspan called them, began to surround a confused lapis as he tried to understand the kings proposition. They behaved very strangely for mer and while Lapis didn’t quite understand what they were doing, he knew it wasn’t good. Moving in close while using disarming gestures like smiles and giggles, reminded Lapis of hunting tactics used by certain mer tribes.
“Stay back!” Lapis threatened the females as he swayed and thrust his spear out to keep them at bay.
“Your witchery seems to already have it’s hold on these females, you can send your minions after me but I won’t go down without a fight.” Lapis shot his spear forward aiming for the side of one of the mermaids arms. The warning slash left a jagged cut but it was only a warning. The female recoiled in pain with a look of and shock and fear, before diving under the water. The other females scattered in fright allowing lapis to breath a laboured sigh of relief.

That was the last barnacle on Lapis’s ship wreck, he wasn’t about to handle any more of this kings disrespect. He aimed his spear at his target and a brilliant beam of green light rocketing towards the king. Lapis wasn't sure what it would do but he knew it would teach this human a lesson, if it didn't kill him that is.
word count: 472
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"Well, then it’s good that we don’t have any gods, but just the Immortals", Tristan retorted. He knew that he should probably start being afraid, but he just didn’t feel like being afraid, trembling and looking at Lapis stupidly, so he decided to let it be and instead informed the mer, "Myself, I’m partial to Zanik, although Ilaren is interesting as well. As for how you become king, usually your parents die, but you can also conquer a kingdom. Then a whole lot of people die." He frowned as he said that. War was such a messy affair, and dead people started to smell and look ugly after a while. Why couldn’t the Immortals make such things a little more pleasant and visually appealing?

Lapis, he observed, didn’t seem to like what had happened to the cave, and he didn’t seem to be overly fond of the mermaids either which was something Tristan didn’t understand. In his opinion they were quite attractive, despite – or maybe because of - their fishtails. They had even discarded most of their clothes and were just wearing very skimpy bikini tops now. Tristan secretly thought that more women should dress like that rather than wearing those long, high-necked dresses that revealed hardly anything.

As the mer threatened the women and consequently scared them away, the frown on Tristan’s face deepened, and then he sighed sadly because he wouldn’t be able to make love to a mermaid anymore now. "You know, if you don’t want them, you could have just sent them back to me." He was about to say more, but abruptly closed his mouth again as Lapis pointed the spear at him. He wasn’t overly fond of having spears pointed at him because that could lead to pain and wounds or even worse – death - and he rather liked himself the way he was, alive and without scars.

"Can’t you just …" He was about to suggest that Lapis point the spear at himself instead and thus remove himself from his kingdom when a brilliant green light shot out of the spear and directly at him. His eyes widened in surprise. For a moment the young noble’s entire form seemed to blur, and then a very confused mer sat where Tristan had stood before.

He had tentacles on his head, fingers that ended in thick claws, green skin with dark stripes on his back and lighter skin on his belly. His mouth was full of sharp teeth, and he was also quite long and muscular. In short, he greatly resembled a certain mer that Lapis was quite fond of, minus the scars.

"This is interesting", Tristan murmured as he inspected his new body and considered the implications of his transformation. He tentatively wiggled his tail, and, upon realizing that everything seemed to be in working condition, he jumped into the water.

If he was a mer, he might as well go for a swim.
word count: 502
Lapis
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Lapis was even more confused before he asked the question, he didn’t know what parents were or why that was significant to becoming king. Though the Mer was much better at keeping his questions to himself this time. All Lapis needed to know was that kings were created from death. It was simple and fitting considering what he knew of landspawn. The names of the gods the landspawn mentioned didn’t catch his attention ether, to Lapis they were just names. The mer only continued to scowl at the information this landspawn was giving him feeling he was above it.

After the light from the blast faded, Lapis couldn’t believe his large aquatic eyes. Rend now filled the space where that awful human had been, and lapis couldn’t keep the smile off his face.
“Rend!” Lapis swam over to his friend with excitement. Before he even realized what he was doing, lapis had his arms wrapped tightly around the other mer’s torso. The dolphins head was nuzzled into the the Sharks sinewy chest with affection that lapis would be too fearful to show outside Emea.
“I’m so glad you're here, this landspawn king ordered some females to eat me. I managed to fend them off and destroy him with my magic but I was so afraid.” Lapis sighed in relief as he let the safety of Rends presence wash over him.

The females seemed mostly interested in the gems at the side of the cave, but a few stopped to giggle and point at the curious display. Normal mer wouldn’t find anything wrong with two males showing affection but these weren’t normal mer. Mer didn’t breed the same way humans did, the females laid eggs the males fertilized them. If it weren’t for the fact that they were once human they wouldn’t have any interest in romantic relationships.
Last edited by Lapis on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 319
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

No, this isn’t just interesting, this is fun! Tristan thought as he swam a bit in the water which was very pleasant and just the right temperature. In the waking world he could hardly swim at all. He could just paddle his arms and kick his legs desperately for a few bits before he drowned and look awkward and embarrassing while doing so (which shouldn’t be a concern when you were drowning, but then Tristan was a very vain young man).

As the fishman called him 'Rend' the noble turned king turned mer stopped for a moment and looked at him in confusion before he came to the conclusion that he was apparently a 'Rend' now whatever exactly that was which was fine with him. Maybe being a 'Rend' was part of this new and very fascinating body. It wasn’t a particularly impressive name, but he decided that he could live with it – for now – so he swam to meet Lapis, arms (fins?) extended as if he was very excited to be embraced by him, which he was in a way since being embraced was infinitely better than being threatened and/or killed.

"I killed the landspawn king! He begged for mercy while I ripped him apart and ate him, but I had none!" he proudly proclaimed, licked his lips as if the landspawn king in question had been quite delicious and raised his head as if he expected to be praised and treated like a hero for his great accomplishment. The fishman’s (at least he thought it was a man, when the person opposite of you had a fish head and fins and talked to you telepathically you could never be completely sure!) sudden interest in him opened a whole new world of possibilities.

"Where’s my reward?"
he wanted to know. He was practically brimming with excitement. Mer or human, whatever Tristan happened to be, he was very interested in shiny things. "Am I going to get heaps of treasure now because I rid the sea of the murderous landspawn king? I’d really like that. You can never have enough treasure!"
word count: 358
Lapis
Character Sheet

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Lapis loosened his grip on the shark and stopped to make eye contact. Rends eyes were the same small cold orbs they had always been but there was something different about them.
“When did you show an interest in treasure?” Lapis raised a hairless brow in suspicion at the strange behaviour of his beloved companion. “You’re acting very strangely, did that human do something to you?”

Magic was still a mystery to Lapis but it wasn’t completely out of the realm of possibilities to assume the land spawn had affected Rend somehow. The real question was what the dead king hoped to accomplish from this curse, it seemed like he was using Rend to gain Lapis’s treasure.

“You know I trust you Rend but I suspect you’re sick.” It pained Lapis but he pushed the other mer away. The dolphin wasn’t sure if he was overreacting or not but there was definitely something off about his friend and Lapis wasn’t about to be done in by a human puppet.

The Cave faded away into the open ocean, with vibrant flora and fauna decorating the sea floor. There seemed to be nothing left of the palace but in the distance a mysterious glimmering temple appeared. It was obscured by water and sea life but was unmistakably grand and ornate.
word count: 224
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

"Everybody wants treasure!" the false Mer insisted and rolled his eyes which looked quite interesting since he had cold dark orbs instead of nice blue ones at the moment. "You can sell it and then buy even more useful stuff, such as nice clothes, food, alcohol and girls – or boys, I suppose", he added since he wasn’t entirely sure how Mer sexuality worked, and Lapis had been quite affectionate after he had changed shape.

If he had thought about it more, he would have realized that clothes were not necessary for a Mer, but in his mind he was still very much Tristan Venora who spent a good portion of his hard earned money on new things to wear as well as inappropriate amounts of wine.

"Oh, yes!" he replied quite happily as Lapis wanted to know whether the human had done something to him, figuring that he might as well take advantage of the situation. "He did a lot of mean things to me! But I killed him, so it’s all good! I’m also very sick, so you should be nice to me and give me lots of gifts so that I get better quickly!"

He broke off as the cave as well as his palace disappeared and furrowed his brow which looked a little weird since fish didn’t normally furrow their brow. A moment later he smiled all over his face though. He’d gotten tired of the palace anyway, but the temple he could see in the distance had definitely caught his attention. Maybe he would find what he was looking for there!

"Come! Let’s go there! It’s a temple, so they can probably help me get better!" he said and took whatever Lapis had instead of a hand, trying to drag him along. The other Mer had made his disinterest in treasure obvious, but surely he wanted his friend to be healed? He was also quite eager to swim a bit more since it was really a lot of fun.

While he spoke, the world around him changed once more. Fish in all the colours of the rainbow appeared and surrounded them, as if they were trying to show them the way, and the temple in the distance was clearly visible now. It looked just like a temple that Tristan had seen in Andaris once, and it was surrounded by thick marble columns and statues, statues that resembled the incredibly surrealistic ones that Tristan had made in the waking world.

All in all it looked quite impressive.
word count: 427
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall & Before”