Immortal Kombat: Delroth

This is where the majority of dreaming threads will take place.

Moderator: Staff

Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Immortal Kombat: Delroth

16 Ashan 720
What fresh hell had brought Balthazar before the warrior shrine tonight? He did know. He didn't know why he was having these dreams but every few trials another one came. He was standing before the warrior shrine again, looking over the statues once more. He didn't want to kill them. He didn't want to touch the statue and murder the Immortal connected to it... but he felt that the time had come. He felt death's encroach for the Immortals. They would never die on their own, so Balthazar had to make them. He had to kill them. Death had come for all things... not just mortals.

The statues of Delroth, Moseke, Edasha, Qylios, Lisirra, Karem, and Chrien still stood. Llaren, Treid, and Faldrun's statues sat in ruin, little more than the dust that they'd been reduced to. This time there was no draw towards the Immortal he chose. Delroth was just the next Immortal in the line. Another step. Unimportant but necessary. As he'd done both times before, Balthazar touched the stone where Delroth's name was inscribed on it. The words began to glow and the wind kicked up around Balthazar- twisting and turning so violently it swept Balthazar off his feet and hoisted him into the sky. The wind carried him up and up and up through the clouds before flinging him across the sky.

It was somewhat fun all things considered. Balthazar crashed into another bed of clouds that were much more solid than those he'd been pushed through earlier. He rolled a little and then stood up, dusting off small puffs of white mist that seemed to have clung to him from the cloud. He turned to discover a massive, golden temple. Balthazar marched forth and pushed open the two giant-sized doors. Inside there were golden pillars holding up the ceiling and intricate tapestries with moving images dancing across them. Beautiful people at shrines all across the world, all venerating Delroth.

The Immortal himself sat upon a towering silver throne, sharply contrasting the gold around him to draw even more attention to himself. There were priests of Delroth scattered around the room. Men and women dressed in thin silks. Two men fanned Delroth with large palm branches while a woman fed him grapes. Balthazar was going to enjoy this one. "Delroth!" The Immortal hardly turned his head to look at Balthazar.

"I love that sound, say it again for me would you?" Delroth requested.

"Delroth, I've-" Balthazar was interrupted by the Immortal sitting upright and shaking his whole body a little like he couldn't contain his excitement.

"Ooh I love it! One more?"

"Chew sand." Balthazar replied sternly as he assumed an open palm stance. Delroth waved off the disciples around him and they retreated into various different doorways in the golden temple.

"Oh come on, I was into it." Delroth lamented as he stood. "We had a fun thing going."

"I'm still having fun." Balthazar drove his left fist forward, propelling a ball of fire from the end of his punch towards Delroth who caught the fireball in a vacuum of air and dissipated it.

"You're going to have to do better than that." Delroth mocked.

"I can." This time Balthazar brought his right arm around in a wide arc, refining air and flame into sparks which danced around his arm as it moved in its arc till he hurled a bolt of lightning at the Immortal. Delroth's eyes widened and the lightning struck his shoulder, searing it lightly but somehow the burns looked really good on him. Balthazar hated that. Delroth recoiled slightly, touching his burns for a moment before narrowing his eyes at Balthazar. This time Delroth struck.

The Immortal charged, hurling blast after blast of wind at Balthazar as he closed the distance between them. It was hard to dodge wind. Wind was hard to see. So instead, Balthazar began swinging his arms in circles in front of himself and using his own mastery of the elements to deflect Delroth's blasts into the ground but then Delroth's fist caught him across the jaw. Balthazar stumbled backwards and a small grin spread over his face. Delroth had soft hands. They both seemed to realize it at the same moment. Delroth stretched his right hand out as if reaching for something but there was nothing there. Balthazar kicked Delroth square in the chest, knocking him to the ground with a thud.

Delroth recovered quickly and held his hand out again, this time succeeding at summoning a golden sword into existence. Balthazar leapt backwards when Delroth slashed at him. Balthazar called on the elements to arm him and a stone spear formed between his hands. He twisted the spear so that the sharp end of the stone would face towards the ground and blocked Delroth's next swing with the center of the spear for just a trill before letting Delroth's sword slip up the stone so Balthazar could drive the sharp end through Delroth's thigh. Balthazar let go of the spear with one hand and the used that free hand to break off the tip of the spear, leaving it in Delroth's leg while the immortal wailed in pain.

Delroth stumbled backwards and Balthazar called on the stone chunk in his hand to sharpen into a spear again only for Delroth to knock it from his hands with a blast of wind. Fine. Balthazar reached his now free hands out towards the stone in Delroth's leg and he commanded it to expand. It did. What was a stone spearhead expanded like a sea urchin- spikes jutting out in each direction. Delroth screamed again and Balthazar hurled a ball of fire which burned into the Immortal's chest, melting flesh with the intent to burn a hole through him- but something happened.

Sharp talons ripped across Balthazar back and he fell forward in surprise and pain. He turned to find a massive owl mad-dogging him. Well it was about as tall as he was so not massive but still very large for an owl. Damn. I like owls. But it attacked again, talons outstretched. Balthazar rolled out of the owl's path, leaving his blood on the tapestry spread across the floor. He rose slowly, and stumbled somewhat because of the pain in his back but he managed to turn towards the owl before it came at him again.

This time when it lunged, Balthazar called on the wind around the room- masterfully dancing it to lift and wrap the tapestry on the floor around the owl. He didn't want to burn it, he didn't want to hurt the owl at all... but it was trying to kill him so he lit the trapped beast ablaze and returned to the vain Immortal who'd only then managed to rise. Delroth's right thigh was covered in blood and had jagged stone jutting from it in too many directions to count by he was still standing... for now.

Delroth limped forward, his face twisting in pain with each lumbering step as he came towards Balthazar who had lowered his guard slightly. Delroth was moving far too slowly for Balthazar to really be concerned. Delroth swiped with his sword and Balthazar stepped back to dodge it. He kept just out of Delroth's range, forcing the Immortal to really reach with his swipes until anger got the better of him. Delroth forgot his leg and slashed wildly with one arm, throwing off his balance and causing him to fall to the floor.

Then Balthazar closed in. He kicked the golden blade away from Delroth's hand and then gave another hard kick to turn him onto his back. Balthazar mounted the Immortal of vanity who tried to conjure a blast of wind only for Balthazar's fist to crush his perfect nose. Then another blow to his jaw which seemed to knock it out of place. The one to flatten those perfect cheek bones. One to break those perfect teeth...

One punch, two punch, red punch, goo punch.

It felt like he'd only been their for seconds, pounding away at Delroth's face but when the fog of battle fled from Balthazar's mind his fists were covered in blood, bone and brains. Delroth laid out on the floor with little left of a face to speak of. Balthazar stood slowly as the blood on his hands turned to gold and began quickly spreading up is arms. The gold spread a cold sensation through Balthazar's body as it encased him and the mage, not knowing what to do, stumbled backwards off Delroth's body in panic. He tried shaking the gold off him, then he tried pulling it off but nothing worked. The gold had reached his throat, his jaw, his nose, and then it had consumed him entirely. When it did, Balthazar woke with a start.

word count: 1508

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Immortal Kombat: Delroth

Balthazar:

Knowledge: -

Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: -
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Non-lucid dreams. Your skills don't matter!
- - -
Comments: I found it interesting that Balthazar doesn’t seem to be particularly keen on killing Immortals in his dreams, after all. I wonder what would happen if he refused – and whether the Immortals are aware of his dreams. Since he doesn’t really want to do it, they hopefully don’t mind too much!

Delroth was just like I imagined him to be. The scene where people fanned Delroth with palm branches and fed him grapes was especially entertaining. He’s so vain and decadent, and he just loves hearing the sound of his own name, doesn’t he? I have to admit, I laughed when I read that part!

In spite of being so vain and decadent, Delroth turned out to be a decent fighter though. The ending where the gold consumed Balthazar’s body was especially imaginative!

I already look forward to the next Immortal killing thread. You’ve managed to make them all quite different from each other so far, so I can’t help but wonder what the next fight will be like.

Enjoy your rewards!
word count: 201

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Dreamscapes & The Veil”