• Location • 84 Faldrass View Lane (Home Of Darius Baer)

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1749
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: 84 Faldrass View Lane (Home Of Darius Baer)

7th Ymiden 723 following receipt of this

Dear Darius

Thanks for writin to me. Ive herd about Faith, yes. It's sad. I'm sorry, I think she were your friend and thats very difficult. Sweetsong did fine in the pirate attacks. No injuries or deaths here, we were abel to defend the place.

It sounds like Hopetoun wasnt as well off? I'll come for a few days, see if I can help a bit.

As for the questiun about the beacon. I dont know what clever folks in the university might think or aneething like that, but I can tell you what I know about Xiur. XIur is hope, absolutely. And there are people what think hope is a bright an shiney thing - a thing what sees havin a ballista as not hopeful.

But I don't see it that way and, far as I know him an' I've met him a few times now, nor dose Xiur.

Hope is seein the world for the dirty, messy, dangerous an sometimes downright bloody hard thing it is and doin your best. It's not the princess in her castle, hopin' to be rescued - she needs to get off her butt an rescue herself. People speak of hope like it's a delicate thing made out of whispers an dreams an spiders webs.

Its not.

Hope has dirt on her face an blood on her knuckles. She's got earth and twigs in her hair an' she jus spat out a tooth as she stands up and gets ready to have another go. That's how I see it. An you know - I've always carried a sword, an I've met Xiur a bunch of times. My sword is there an I hope to never need it. But I'm not stupid enough to believe that, just because I don't like fighting, I won't need to. Besides, if Xiur didn't want you to defend yerselves, he wouldn't have given that Beacon the ability to damage things.

So, for what its worth, Darius, I say prepare your defences an prepare them well. Do so in good heart and in the hope you never need to use them.

My PapaDarius knows him, he lived in Hopetoun with Vega and Arlo died in the snowstorm, Darius. But you know, he had a sayin. 'There may be fairies an' even elves, but the Immortals help those who help themselves'. Xiur wouldn't decry you for doin your best. He'd be proud.

I'll be there in a few days, see if I can help out a bit.

Thanks.

Vega
word count: 442

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: 853
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ymiden 10th

word count: 2
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1749
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

15th Cylus, 724.
15th Cylus, 724.
From the desk of the Acting Militant of Scalvoris: Vega Creede.

To: Darius Baer, Hopetoun.

Dear Darius,

I hope that this letter finds you well. I am writing to ask you something and to inform you of something.

1. I have secured the agreement of Gennadiya for Scalvoris to use the portals in every Order of the Adunih building which links to the large hospital outside of Rharne. This is next to a lot of land. My plan is to offer this as a means of evacuation for the general populace. At this time, I do not plan on insisting on evacuation, but it must be an option for those citizens who are worried. Therefore, I have asked the people of Sweetsong to go through in advance and, using the skills they have as settlers and those used to the wilderness, to set up a temporary but comfortable "tent city" for our people. We will be able to access the facilities of the Willow Tree Hospital, also, which has a merchantile area etc.

I wonder if you'd like to either evacuate any Hopetounians early or whether there's anyone from Hopetoun who might be involved in the setting up of a large temporary camp in the lands near the hospital.

2. I am asking all ship owners, private or business, to temporarily give their ships to the Scalvoris Military. We need to patrol the seas. I am also commissioning ships to be built, but obviously this will take time which we may not have. Therefore, could you please confirm what (if any) ships you have to give to the patrolling of our waters and what, if any, volunteers you have who can crew these ships.

If I can be of any assistance or you feel there are any military matters which should be given attention, please don't hesitate.

Vega Creede.

Please reply to this office

Hello Darius,

Kura made me temporari Militant when I chewed her out and sayed someone needs to be doing things. Carefull what you wish for, eh? Now, I have people whoat rite letters for me. Hope youre ok. Anything you need?

Vega.
word count: 365

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”