Just Don't Get Caught

A Element and Two Counsel Members walk into a bar...

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Just Don't Get Caught

Devin's familiar talked?! Why didn't Glorius talk! "Glorius, why don't you talk?!"

Because I have better things to attend to than educate my inferiors.

Alsing hummed internally at the answer. It wasn't invalid, per se! But he wanted a familiar that could do as much as Devin's. It wasn't fair. But soon enough Devin's rapid fire conversation style turned toward their shared experiences.

"Huh... I didn't spend much time in Desnind proper but spent much time searching the wilderness for inspiration. I had a Sev'ryn guide or two as well to help me along, as I'm hopeless on my own in the wilds." Alsing gave Devin a small smile, "Was the city of Desnind very impressive?"

Alsing frowned when Devin mentioned a Kudi'eltu. He laughed lightly, it as a hollow laugh, not mocking but rather uneasy, "Do I want to know what a Kudi'eltu is?"

Devin said something about the Temple of Delroth in Yaralon which didn't exist. Alsing let him wonder about it rather than further illuminate the bard. Let him wonder until curiosity overruled caution and he sought it out for himself!

Then Devin began to turn his attention to Balthazar, talking to him about Ilaren and various Immortals. But when Alsing turned to look at Balthazar, he'd find his eyes distant, and absent. He didn't say very much, which made him both slightly worrying and intriguing at the same time.

The owl, Balthazar would find, was a simple spirit of the concept, this particular concept being a nocturnal bird of prey. It reverberated with signs of low wisdom and cunning. There wasn't much more to it than that, but he could tell it was no ordinary flesh and blood bird.

When Balthazar's attunement spark sent out its feelers to Alsing, one - no, two notes rose to prominence in his frequency. There were numerous notes intermingling through the Pilgrim's frequency, deceit surely one of them. Besides that, he would sense notes that he recognized from Devin, notes of self-obsession and aggrandizement, notes of vanity. Yet where Devin brimmed with youthful exuberance, there was a lower note that emerged from Alsing. Whether Balthazar would recognize it or not, it seemed in direct contrast to the thief's exuberance. It sounded more like a droning, a weariness with its own sound, a profound, searching dissatisfaction perhaps? It was hard to identify exactly.

Nevertheless, Balthazar's awareness would be drawn back toward the first two notes he'd heard upon attuning to Alsing. He would recognize what they were, being a mage who knew others. One resembled the note of a spark that had reached the second stage of infiltration of a soul, the other, a mere fledgling. Yet there was something, something wrong about the notes. If Balthazar delved any deeper, he'd note that while the framework for the parasitic infiltration was there, the spark, the power they possessed was nowhere to be heard. These notes were as an empty shell, bearing the shape of what had been a spark, but were ripped from his soul. The method of their removal suggested violence, upheaval, and profound sadness and loss.

His attunement spark recoiled from those notes, however, the longer he may try to linger on them. It suggested he wasn't fertile ground for the spark to grow. It wished nothing to do with this vessel, it wasn't for his potential fledglings, his initiates. The spark would find no suitable host within this Alsing.

Balthazar said something about Bastard's Grove, and the healing waters therein. Alsing hadn't heard rumors of it but knew vaguely that it was a forest somewhere in the vicinity of Yaralon. The pilgrim shook his head, "I didn't see Bastard's Grove myself. I came from the Eternal Empire, through the Crags."

There was no hint of deceit in what Alsing said there, or anywhere really. He had come through the Crags to Yaralon. And he had lived in Desnind, not in the village itself but the outlying wilderness for a few arcs.

And off they went. Alsing followed for his part but was slightly off guard by Balthazar's relative silence and tone. Not that he could identify what it meant, but he thought he sounded slightly irritated. Maybe he was wrong.

The small tavern was very homey, a place Alsing hadn't been to before. He entered along with the other two men. By chance, Alsing grazed against Balthazar, receiving the slight shock. "Ouch!" He yelped, then skipped back, away from the mage. His small owl fluttered on his shoulder, complaining with a hoot, but otherwise settled where he was.

Alsing arrived at the counter. "A screaming mer, with extra honey please?" Alsing asked. It was a strong, whiskey drink that had a salty-sweet tang to it depending on what was added to it. But always, the essence of lemon was included in the drink. A specialty of the Lemon Messy that had leaked out of Egilrun across the rest of the island.

"Try some!" Alsing said to Devin, "I hope you'll like it..."

word count: 866
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Devin
Approved Character
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Fractures?“ Devin asked, his eyes wide with fascination, as Balthazar got into a little argument about the sights of Yaralon with Alsing. “What are fractures?” he wanted to know. Despite having attended a couple of classes in Magical Theory, Devin still knew very little about such things. Were fractures like canyons? He’d almost accidentally fallen into one during one of this treasure hunts because he hadn’t been paying attention. His roommate Talieson had saved him though. “Are they very dangerous? Are they beautiful? What are they?”

Balthazar, he noticed, barely paid attention to him. He was staring at Alsing’s owl with a somewhat dazed look on his face. He was also staring at Alsing a whole though lot which made him wonder what exactly the matter with the mage was. Was he admiring Alsing as well? Was he excited about all the drinks that they would ingest soon? Or was he having some sort of epileptic seizure? As a doctor, Devin knew that seizures didn’t always involve thrashing, kicking and foaming at the mouth. Sometimes, people just stared into space.

Since Devin wasn’t familiar with Attunement (he thought it was the lamest, most boring magic ever so he’d never bothered to find out more), he decided that such might be the case. Since Balthazar started to act normally again soon enough, and he didn’t want to embarrass him by asking him about his medical history, he decided not to say anything though, but simply began to lead him towards the nearest tavern, holding his arm as if they were the best of friends.

As they walked, he continued to chat away and answered some of Alsing’s questions, “It was … different. In Desnind, people live in treehouses rather than in normal houses on the ground, so you have to do a lot of climbing or flying. And did you know that Sev’ryn eat bugs? That’s kind of disgusting in my opinion! As for Kudi’Eltu”, he continued, not noticing that the other Tarouz’ laughter was somewhat hollow and uneasy as he was quite enamored with his newest acquaintance and just too excited about being in the company of another follower of Delroth to pay attention to such minor details. “They are really freaky looking and have sharp teeth – and they steal a lot!”

Devin didn’t mind that the tavern that they eventually arrived at was small. Size didn’t always matter, besides, he’d quite enjoyed their drinks when he had stopped there on his way home once, a little while ago. So, without further ado, he let go of Alsing and Balthazar and marched through the door with a huge smile on his face, his parrot following him and croaking occasionally. A moment later, he sat down at the bar next to Alsing, patting the barstool on his other side so that Balthazar would pick that one, before he informed the bartender,

“I’ll take the same!”

When the drink arrived, he immediately grabbed his glass and tried it, furrowing his brow a little.

“Huh”, he made before he laughed. “That’s really strong! You should try it as well, Balthazar!” he told the mage who seemed to be a lot less shiny all of a sudden. Maybe there was something wrong with the light in the tavern though? Bad lighting could make people look different!

word count: 567

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

43 Ashan 720
The owl intrigued Balthazar more than Alsing but only because he didn't frequently attune to spirits. Their song sang differently than the song of mortals. Similar notes could be found but the pitch was altered. Yet about a bit into his analysis Balthazar determined the owl was just that, a spirit. There wasn't much more too it. So Balthazar continued to listen to Devin and Alsing talk to each other and turned his attention towards trying to figure out what to make of the things he saw and heard in Alsing's frequency. Deceit- sure but he already knew that. Then there were many similar notes to the ones Balthazar remembered from Devin's spark. Vanity and pride in that vanity. The duo really made a good pair- if they'd ever get over their rivalry.

Balthazar didn't have time to devote to seek understanding of the lower note humming in the frequency because too many actual words were being said and he heard 'fracture' which he knew was related to something he'd said. He'd just about discovered the shells of two parasitic sparks in Alsing when Alsing mentioned that he'd come to Yaralon through the Crags. Balthazar gave the man only a nod and then retreated into his own fond memories of the Crags. He'd spent a lot of time there during his days in Yaralon. The rocks were brittle and it had done a lot to help his Defiance early on. They arrived at the tavern and entered, Alsing receiving a small shock for bumping into the mage who was still soothing his spark. By the time they were seated his mutations would have been suppressed entirely.

Devin asked what fractures were and Balthazar gave him an odd look. "I'll explain once we get our first drink." Balthazar had to remind himself not everyone had lived in Yaralon and as a result not everyone had had such easy access to them. All the same he didn't want to spend much more time in this conversation without a drink in him. When they eventually all arrived at the counter, Devin tapped the stool beside him and Balthazar sat on it. Alsing and Devin ordered a screaming mer and when Devin implored Balthazar to try it as well, Balthazar shook his head. "Do you have purple whiskey?" Balthazar asked the bartender who shook his head.

"Only the regular stuff." The bartender replied. Balthazar's lips pursed in thought for a moment then his eyes seemed to drift down to the counter in disappointment.

"Then I'll have what they're having." The drink was presented and Balthazar took a sip but didn't seem as impressed by it as Devin had been. At least it was somewhat like whiskey. Then, remembering his promise, Balthazar turned to Devin.

"Fractures are tears in space that allow you to physically enter Emea. I went a few times while I lived in Yaralon. It allowed me to assemble a collection of wells... but I lost them." Balthazar finally replied to Devin, his mind no longer preoccupied with attempting to attune. Now that he was connected to Alsing he could choose his moments to analyze the pilgrim more discretely- not that he noticed how either of them had noticed he was being oddly quiet. Balthazar hadn't exactly lost the wells. He knew they were in his house and he knew he had them, he just didn't know where they were and so until further notice they were useless to him.
word count: 599

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Kalortah
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Alsing regretted his comment on the Crags almost as soon as he said it. He often got the names of two very distinctive geographical features mixed up in his head and hadn't the foggiest how it happened. In fact, he'd come through by way of the North, through the Spines. "Oh, sir, I misspoke, I meant I came through the Spines... Obviously, the Crags are in the south, and the Empire is to the North of Yaralon..." Thus having corrected himself, he went on to listen as Devin regaled Alsing with information about Desnind proper.

He widened his eyes, and the gesture seemed forced. "Oh! You had to fly? Or climb? Can you fly?! What's it like? What I wouldn't give for a pair of wings myself, or to be a bird for a break..."

Alsing shrugged at Devin's wariness about eating bugs. To Alsing, it seemed a minor quibble. Sure bugs were revolting on a deep level, but their meat was often cleaner than most. Having done a good deal of travel in the rougher areas of the world, he'd had to make do with a meal of bug flesh. "The trick is to season their meat... it's very bland otherwise. Cook them well, and then they're like popping roasted coffee beans, or chocolate. They're really not bad!"

Alsing paused before taking a drink, wanting to see how Devin and his friend handled their liquor. Once he noted that Devin had taken the drink and hadn't fallen over, and in fact seemed to enjoy it, Alsing took a sip himself. It wasn't all that bad. Not Lemon Messy quality of course, but it was different!

Alsing went quiet when Balthazar began talking about magic and fractures. He didn't like magic, personally. How could one willingly invite a parasitic infection of their very soul? His alter-ego, Kalortah had only done so because he was more or less ambushed, and forced to initiate. And then it'd taken great pains and sacrifice to get rid of that infection.

Alsing took a deeper drink of the screaming mer, and then ordered another round for his new friends. He needed more information still about Devin, before he forgot and started to actually enjoy himself...

"So Devin, it must have been very dangerous in those ruins, were there any defenders guarding the treasures? Did the Desninders miss any of their ancestral relics, do you think? Oh, you mentioned you were a doctor, how long have you been practicing?"

word count: 427
~ Image ~ Image
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“So, entering a fracture is like dreamwalking without falling asleep?” Devin asked. He wanted to make sure that he understood this. He had been staring at Alsing pretty much the entire time, but now he was looking at Balthazar again and just as fascinated as he had been during their last meeting, when the white-haired mage had talked about what Devin had decided to call reverse private investigation – because Balthazar solved the crime first and found someone to pay him afterwards. Balthazar did so many interesting things!

“What do wells do? I’ve never seen a well before let alone touched one”, he admitted. Normally, Devin was reluctant to admit that he didn’t know something (he preferred to be taken for the most knowledgeable man in Idalos!); this conversation here was just too interesting though!

While he waited for Balthazar to answer his question, he drank more some more. The drink was rather interesting, Besides, this was a bar crawl first and foremost, so he wanted to get drunk!

“Well, no”, he replied and laughed out loud when Alsing asked him if he could fly. “When I was in Desnind, I had to climb into the inn that I was staying at. I will be able to fly one trial though!” he informed the other Tarouz in no uncertain terms before he turned to Balthazar for a moment, smirking. Balthazar knew about his magic and his dreams of wings (and he’d gotten to see something that he probably hadn’t been particularly interested in – his witchmark). He considered telling Alsing as well because he was quite excited to finally have magic, but on the other hand, he loved having a little secret!

“Chocolate covered bugs?!” he asked incredulously when Alsing claimed that the trick far as bugs were concerned was to season their meat. His flunny and his birds (although – wasn’t a flunny a bird as well since it had wings?) ate bugs. He couldn’t imagine eating the same food as his pets. “Did you really try them?” he wanted to know. He was kind of disgusted, but also a bit fascinated. Sometimes, he was fascinated by the very things that also disgusted him – such as bizarre mutations and magical maladies.

When the human ordered another round, Devin beamed at him before he grabbed the next glass. “Oh no, I didn’t steal any ancestral relics. I had an actual treasure map – which means that somebody put the treasure there on purpose”, he told him. He didn’t have a problem when it came to stealing ancestral relics, of course – stealing was fun – he was just so proud of having acquired an actual treasure map. Those things were rare!

“Oh”, he continued and raised his glass, laughing, his cheeks colored with a hint of blush. “I’ve been practicing for quite some time. Did you know that I actually have two degrees in medicine?” he asked and looked at the other man as if he expected him to be impressed. He had been practicing for approximately two cycles at this point – which was a long time in his opinion. “I know more than most professors now! I’m not only a conventional physician, I’m also a dentist, and I know how to amputate limbs!” he proudly proclaimed - which was actually true. Since he had accidentally conned himself into becoming a doctor, he had become exceptionally good at that medicine stuff.

If he continued to work as a doctor, he’d probably be the best doctor in Idalos before long!

“I can examine you if you want to!” he offered, smiling brightly, and leaned a bit closer to Alsing. “Not that you look as if you have serious health problems – in fact, you look great - but still … if you want to, you can stop by my clinic sometime. I might even do it for free!”
word count: 650

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

43 Ashan 720
Balthazar's grin faltered slightly when Alsing corrected himself. Balthazar had spent far less time in the Spines than he had in the Crags. He didn't have as many fond memories of the place. Yet Balthazar nodded to acknowledge Alsing's amendment. Balthazar finished his whiskey in silence while Alsing spoke with Devin about flight an eating bugs. Balthazar didn't have an opinion on the latter because he'd put things far worse than a few bugs in his mouth before in order to win fights. Biting was a better tactic than headbutting when your arms and legs were pinned down.

There was a small flutter in Alsing's spark when he said that he'd enjoy being able to fly or to even be a bird for a few trials. Was it that note of deception rising again? It sounded familiar but it was fleeting and Balthazar had only been listening passively so he didn't quite catch it. It was certainly different than what he'd heard when Alsing said he'd come from the Crags, which turned out to be an honest mistake. Balthazar found the difference between telling a lie and being wrong interesting in terms of the notes that played from your frequency.

Then Balthazar realized Devin had asked him questions about fractures and he turned to him. "It's not exactly like dreamwalking." Balthazar began. "When you're dreaming you can wake up, you can create things with your thoughts., and you can wake up. A fracture is like a doorway into Emea. If you go in and can't get back out, you're stuck. I was trapped in Emea for four trials at one point. That's actually how I learned to dreamwalk." Balthazar explained. Then Devin had asked a question Balthazar didn't have an answer to. "I'm not actually sure what the wells do. I've collected some but I couldn't find anything in the Scholar's Nook about how to use them."

Balthazar couldn't help but notice how uncharacteristically quite Alsing became when Balthazar talked about the fractures. Perhaps Alsing didn't like Emea? Maybe it was something else. Balthazar didn't think too hard on it because Alsing had ordered another round of drinks for them and so Balthazar finished the one he was working on and turned to listen to Devin while he spoke about his practice and flying to Alsing. Balthazar smirked as well when Devin said he'd be able to fly one trial. He remembered the wings the bard had in his dream and shook his head slightly. Balthazar sipped the drink that Alsing had ordered for them all this round. He held it away from his face and looked down at the cup for a moment. It was like whiskey... just not quite it.

How would he have known you had two degrees? Balthazar thought to himself. They'd all just met Alsing after all. "Sounds like you've already examined him, Devin." Balthazar commented with a dumb grin on his face when Devin said he thought Alsing was in great physical health. Balthazar finished his second drink quickly and then stood up from his stool by the bar. "Alright up, off to the next one. If we drink too much here we'll never make it across town." Two drinks was one more drink than Balthazar meant to have in this little joint. They had many more to go to before the night's end. Balthazar took out the nels he needed to settle their tab and set them on the counter for the bartender to take.
word count: 613

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Kalortah
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Damnit. Alsing thought to himself. So he couldn't pin Devin for having stolen relics from the Sev'ryn. He didn't know how much more of this he could stomach, what was he even doing here?!

He grumbled as Balthazar announced they'd be moving again. He couldn't maintain the facade for much longer, between his fraying discipline and his lacking acting skills, he just couldn't pretend to like his hated rival for more than a few choice moments. Especially when the fruits of his labors bore so little out. He left his second drink of Screaming Mer on the counter, untouched as he followed them out of the tavern.

Nevertheless, he followed along, for a while at least. But he could feel a change of attitude on the wind. He wanted to fly, he wanted to see the air currents again and shed this pitiful human shell. So as the trio were set to round a corner, Alsing ducked behind them, and let them make the corner. Hopefully neither had taken notice of his sudden disappearance.

He was already a bit drunk, having only had one Screaming Mer. So he couldn't chance to change back to Kalortah. Besides, the clothes he wore wouldn't fit his true form, all stretched out and meant for one who was more lithe and tall.

So he bolted down the opposite direction, making speed as fast as he could in the other direction. The sensation of flight was elusive to the ground walkers, but as he ran and the wind whipped against his face, he thought the ground walkers might know something of that sensation after all.

word count: 278
~ Image ~ Image
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Oh wow“, Devin gushed as Balthazar told him that he had stayed in Emea for four trials at one point because it sounded pretty incredible. “How did you survive four trials in that place? Did you have something to eat and drink with you? Can you eat the stuff that you find in Emea – and how come you didn’t just wake up after a couple of breaks, like other people? And why can’t I create things with my thoughts even though I’m a dreamwalker as well now?” he complained. He had been so excited when that weird guy had taken him to the Veil, but he still failed at everything but being lucid. Being lucid was better than being non-lucid, of course, but sometimes he had a dream that he didn’t like, and he couldn’t even do anything about it!

That wasn’t fair!

Fortunately, the presence of his fellow Tarouz kept Devin from complaining about how life wasn’t fair and how much he still sucked at dreamwalking too much. He had just downed the rest of his drink in one go (which made him feel a little light-headed and woozy and kind of hot) and was about to lean even closer to the disguised Avriel in order to ask him yet another question when Balthazar announced that they would move on now. He looked at Alsing, and then he looked at Balthazar before he smiled brightly, jumped up from his barstool abruptly and agreed in an almost overly enthusiastic tone of voice, “Let’s go! I want to see what the other taverns have to offer, and I’m not nearly drunk enough yet!”

“By the way, Alsing”,
he said to the other Tarouz as they walked out of the door and down the street towards their next destination and grinned at him because he was just in such an extraordinarily good mood. “You have to tell me how you became a Tarouz sometime! Did you have to restore an old shrine as well? Did you have to find a treasure for Delroth – or take care of a flock of birds? I’m really curious! I bet it was exciting!”

“Alsing?”
he asked, sounding rather confused, when no answer came and turned around in order to find out what was going on and why the other man was so quiet all of a sudden – only to stop dead in his track and stare at the spot where the human should have been. “Alsing?!” he asked again, louder this time as if that might help, before he blurted out, “Balthazar, is it just me or did Alsing really disappear? Do you think that he suffers from spontaneous teleportation syndrome or something like that? Do you think that my offer of an examination scared him away?” he wanted to know. “He was so great and vain and good-looking … I never even got the opportunity to …”
word count: 493

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

43 Ashan 720
"Well that's the problem with entering through a fracture, you can't just wake up." Balthazar replied to Devin when he asked why Balthazar hadn't just woken up after a few breaks. "So I was trapped- well that's not true, I wasn't trapped but I wasn't willing to use my magic to escape until the wolf with many eyes found me." Balthazar spoke the sentence as casually as any other and then continued to answer Devin's many quick questions at the equal pace. Balthazar was a lot more conversational with some drinks in him. "I didn't bring much food with me but I managed and maybe you can't create things in your dream because you're just not trying hard enough. It's your dream after all, why shouldn't you be in control?" That was a sentiment a less tipsy Balthazar might not have voiced.

But all the same they were on the move. Leaving one tavern and moving to the next only for one of their trio to get cold feet. Balthazar felt Alsing's frequency getting further and further before he realized the man had fled. Balthazar had half a mind to open a portal in front of him and bring him right back to them... but he didn't. Alsing was moving fast on his feet and Balthazar couldn't be bothered. He'd come to drink with Devin and Alsing had been an interesting addition. Maybe just a stone stump to trip him as he fled? Nah. Balthazar didn't know what to think of Alsing but he certainly thought something was up with the man and as the night went on he would tell Devin for sure. But that was for the future, in the present they had another bar to get to.

Yet Devin seemed saddened by Alsing's sudden disappearance. "He ran, he didn't teleport. Teleporting is louder. I've done it." Balthazar said as he looked around for where Alsing had gone. "I wouldn't worry too much about him, Devin. Most of what he said was a lie." Balthazar paused and then nudged Devin. "Come on, I'll explain inside. Attunement is pretty cool."
word count: 376

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Oberan
Approved Character
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Review Rewards

White-haired Fantasy Orlando Bloom

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:

Resistance x 3
Attunement: The Frequency of Kalortah
Intelligence: The Shrine of Delroth
Intelligence: Devin the Bard
Investigation x 3
Storytelling x 3

Magic: ATTUNEMENT ONLY, for smothering your defiance mutations and attuning to Kalsing.

Other: N/A

If I get to Tier 2 in Strength, would I be able to fly by flapping my arms real hard?

Knowledge:

Acting x5
Seduction x 5
Running x 1

Magic: No magic exp

Sorry Dev, my friendship with you has ended. Alsing is my new best friend now.

Knowledge:

Lute x1
Resistance x3
Seduction x2
Socialization x4
Tarouz Ability: Feathered Friend: Communicates with you telepathically

Alsing: Tarouz
Alsing: Pilgrim
Alsing: Has an owl familiar
Alsing: Has been to Yaralon and Desnind
Delroth: The Winged Calamity
Fractures: Tears in space
Ilaren: Immortal of Alcohol

Magic: No magic exp

Notes:
Okay guys, here's the deal. I've always had a weak spot for well-written familiars. So, as great as you all are, Glorious was just too ... well, glorious. You're no competition. Not even Kalortah, who fucking wrote Glorious. It doesn't need to make sense. Glorious gets 100 exp. And ALL the knowledge. Because he deserves it. *nods*

All joking aside though --was I really?-- this was a fun read. Kal pretending to be someone else to spite Devin. Devin just being happy to talk to a Tarouz who isn't Kal. Balthazar just kind of third-wheeling and trying not to punch them. Great interactions, and the pace was still decent. Also everyone was included, even with Balthazar being somewhat silent.

But yeah, Dev and Kal trying to one-up each other was very amusing, and it's too bad Kal ran off at the end. I'd have liked to see what'd happen when all three of you got shitfaced! Ah well.

Your review request is here.
Please include the following stamp to your review request:

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image/15001/medium[/img][/center]
If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 369
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”