Carver's Plots

The plot development forum is designed for players and groups to keep track of their plot lines, goals they wish their characters to complete in each season, and anything else that may tie into your character's past, present, and future. Please remember that this is not the Personal Journals forum and should not be treated as such. All information posted within this forum should be information that ties back to your character within the Standing Trials Roleplay.

Moderator: Staff

Carver
Race: Human
Profession: uɐɯ ɹǝdɐǝɹ
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Carver's Plots

Thread Tracker
After Death - 1 Cylus 720 - Carver and Laures wake up, underneath a pier, on the blue sands of Egilrun, Scalvoris. Confused and cold, they try to adjust to new bodies after their violent deaths within Emea.

The Right Words - 1 Cylus 720 - Carver and Laures continue to try and navigate a world that is completely unfamiliar to them, and come to grip with a new existence and whether it is reality or not. (Death Toll: 1 Human Mid-Age Male; Carver by Axe)

Take Your Time - 1 Cylus 720 - Carver and Laures explore their new bodies and get reacquainted with one another. Adult Forum.

Anything in Return - 1 Cylus 720 - Carver and Laures wake up after a few hours rest of sleep (or attempts at sleep); make some tea, look at a map, clean up house some, eat some food, but get an unexpected visit....

Plot Tracker
Joining the Elements
Land
Water
Air
Flame

Die Traumgötter

Last edited by Carver on Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 159
Carver
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Carver's Plots

The Ritualist
Graft Spark and Awakening Mutations

Theme
The Ritualist
The Ritualist Spark fixates on perceptions built around the processes in which the body, mind, and soul coalesce to create existence and the energies that separate life from death. To understand beyond logical frameworks, but through profound comprehension of mystical perspectives born from hedonistic sensations built out of artistic design, patterned behavior, and aesthetic experience.

Competent Awakening
Mystic Mydriasis
Mystic Mydriasis causes perpetually dilated pupils in the mage. This results in extra sensitivity to bright light, which can cause temporary blurry vision and stinging pain. In low light, however, the mage is able to see slightly better for the same physiological reasons. When he is in the midst of channeling ether through his spark, symbolic-driven behaviors, altered states of consciousness, or occult rituals, Carver can temporarily see Enervations.

While the pupils can still differentiate shades of light, they don't return to normal-size in any observation. As if perpetually under the influence of pupil dilation, it is impossible to hide without covering the eyes from view.
Expert Awakening
Folie à Deux
Folie à Deux is a linked mutation between Carver's spark and its sibling spark that resides within his partner, Laures. It strongly compels and drives Carver to effectively replicate parts of Laures' internal body so that he can admire and then consume them. Examples of this are the organs such as liver, kidneys, heart, lungs, eyes. Unlike Corruption, however, rather than just copying the function onto something of different make - Carver combines Energizing and Corruption in a mutated fashion to create a perfect replication of the target body part. If he were to replace the original with the replica, there would be no different between them in either visual, function, or otherwise.
Under circumstances of ritual, in which he prepares and follows the compulsions of both their sparks, he is also able to remove internal parts of Laures without truly harming him - as long as by the end of the ritual, the parts (or replicated parts) are returned to the correct spot and adhered properly. This can also be done to him, by Laures, in vice versa manner. They can also swap body parts if they so desire, and have it function successfully though with possible different sensations respectively (e.g. Carver can switch his heart with Laures' heart but he might experience different palpitations if Laures does because it isn't his heart, but Laures' - it just resides within his body, acting in function as his heart.).
This only works between the two of them, though. Carver cannot replicate this with anyone else, and he does not feel the same compulsions like he does with his sweetheart. The only body part where they cannot perform this, and do not yet feel compelled to, is the brain.
Name-- Bette
Breed-- Grade horse
Gender-- Female
Birth season-- Ymiden, 710
Size/Height (at shoulder)-- 15 hands; 5' 0" (full-grown height)
Weight-- 1,000 lbs (full-grown weight)

Personality-- Bette is a sweet, simple horse with a mild spirit and good manners. She was promised to be a good riding horse for someone like Hart, who has hardly ever ridden a horse before. Bette has an easy, smooth gait and a patient, pleasant attitude good for following commands. Bette is just smart enough that she's able to "fill in the blanks" when her rider doesn't know what to do-- which means she's the perfect horse for Hart, who is very bad at riding.
Last edited by Carver on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 586
Carver
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

CARVER'S NOTES
Sheets of stained and faded parchment, hooked together with bent metal in the upper left corner.
10 Cylus, 720

What I must do,
is many things,
for stuff,
and more things.
Tea - leaves
Buckets without holes
Wash cloths and towels
Slippers? Robe? More scarves?
Rope, thin and medium
Hooks - metal (iron?)
Wire - fishing line and thin metal
Barbs - wired and floor
Oil - for heating and lotion
perfumed powder
Apples - sugar - cream - oats
Seeds and nuts
Earrings?
Beetles and boxes beetleboxes
Ink, quills, and letter paper
12 Cylus, 720

Magic is different here,
How? I cannot rightly say,
Every morning, I lose more of the past,
Every night, I find more of the future.

People speak of souls here,
Not like they did back there,
Scales and fur and teeth and claws,
Yet all considered the same.

The cold dark hides us,
And I have no trouble issue qualms about
But I For I can see him,
Looking back at me.
13 Cylus, 720

Where are my eyes?
Are they behind the dark I see?

Dear Lar Lorr,

You are so beautiful handsome, and I am so lucky fortunate that you allow me to stay at your side. I watch you while you sleep. Your breath calms me, your eyes remind me of a sky about to rain storm clouds and water and. Do you get tired of me saying I love you? Are you mad at me? Are you sad? I love your smile, but if you need to cry, I won't mind. I just wanted you to know that. And I'm not so angry here... not anymore. I'm sorry that I acted like I did, before. I wanted to apologize before I forget why I am writing this. If you need to cry, I'm sorry if it's because of me. I only ever wanted to make you laugh and smile. I still do.
CARVER
word count: 322
Carver
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Skill Tracker
Combat Unarmed (10/100) FT - Novice

Endurance (30/250) Competent
At this level, the individual is truly able to endure more than most ever could. They can push themselves further and endure for longer, able to undertake forced marches or endure extended pain. This individual is very aware of their own mindset and physicality, giving them the advantage over others in extreme situations. They are now able to work out what exercise regimen or experience they need in order to develop and hone their endurance skill further. They can also start to apply this endurance to new and unknown situations. They are able to endure a night without sleep, a day or two without food and longer and longer without water and not suffer any ill effects.

Deception (30/250) Competent

Tactics (30/250) Competent
At this point a tactician can lead troops in battle, but should still spend as much time as they can in the practice field and library when learning and trying out new strategies and tactics, less they lead those who rely on them to their deaths. Those who use this skill for single combat can plan most their own techniques in advance and are beginning to be able to read the movements of their enemies to see how they will move. The social tactician can pretty much always succeed against gullible targets. The question is whether he recognizes situations where using "reverse psychology", regarding their known gullibility, by being truthful with them, might be the better ploy against those others that consider themselves more clever.

Discipline (30/250) Competent
As a character progresses in the Discipline skill they are able to begin to identify what constitutes a temptation or distraction to them, allowing them to have a much better focus in whatever they are doing than most people; this person is focused, efficient and able to get the job done. When faced with a common place or low-level temptation or distraction, this person is able to remain Disciplined almost all the time. If they encounter a stronger temptation or distraction, however, they are less likely (maybe one third of the time) to be able to remain disciplined and focused.

Meditation (25/250) Novice
The individual attempting Meditation has only just begun their journey into the world of mental growth. They've seen this skill work for others, thus, strive to do the same through breathing techniques, focus, and silence. They've found ideas come a little easier, and stay within the forefront of their thoughts longer than before. Such practice is helping the individual progress noticeably faster, but it takes a calm environment, and a good twenty bits of inner tranquility to gain this focus. And once the benefit is evident, even the excitement over this very progress might distract them enough to lose that focus. And outside distractions definitely undermine this clarity all too easily.

Combat (Axes & Bludgeons) (15/250) Novice

Investigation (15/250) Novice

Detection (15/250) Novice
A novice of detection is just learning how to comb for details from the world around them. They may be able to pick out a specific scent and partially follow it if it's strong enough, hear someone's conversation in a private room with a thin door, or be able to perceive the general characteristics of an object when touching and tasting it in relative good detail.

Research (15/250) Novice

Stealth (10/250) Novice
The beginner has probably managed to sneak up behind a friend at a party to play a prank, or sneaked some cookies from a jar, at best. But if he was in a truly perilous situation, he had best have back-up to help him fight free. He only thinks in terms of where he steps. Not even considering other senses or directions that may be important. He would be hard-pressed to slip past a sleeping guard. This individual has learned to consider many other aspects of what may give away his presence, but he is far from adept at controlling them. He may very well hit a chandelier while he waves his arms to keep his tip-toed balance. He may have the sense to get out of sight and hope there is a cat to take the blame. His own nerves are his greatest enemy. He has trouble silencing his breathing when he has to keep still if hostile forces are passing his hiding place. And the smell of nervous sweat will betray him. He could get past a sleeping guard easily enough, but a sleeping dog?...doubtful.

Logistics (5/250) Novice
The first step to being able to provide a solution is to truly understand that problem and that is the remit of the novice in logistics. At this level, the character can understand the main steps involved in a complex operation and can begin to see barriers to achieving those steps. The more complex the operation, of course, the more difficult this task is and therefore the likelihood of success and failure is dependent on the scale of the operation at hand. Some solutions can be forwarded at this level, but nuances, contingencies and technicalities still pass the novice by. Even where the novice character can see solutions and plan effectively, doing so takes a long time and is likely to be a frustrating process, filled with false starts and missed details. The plan itself is likely to either be more resource heavy than strictly necessary or to fail because not enough resources were brought in.

Strength (10/250) Novice
A novice of strength is someone who has invested some degree of time and energy into mastering their body. While they are not significantly stronger than others around them, they can certainly apply more force than others with no time invested into their physical strength. Their body will likely become more defined as they have probably begun developing a training regimen at this point. It is also likely that Novice practitioners of strength are merely those with jobs that involve heavy lifting and other such things, thus the development of strength is natural, but not exceptional or as practiced as actual bodybuilders and those who endure strength training.

Intimidation (5/250) Novice
The novice at Intimidation often doesn't realize the techniques they use. They tend to act naturally in intimidation rather than methodically. As such, their methods can be crude and seemingly unskilled. Still, they have a knack for it more so than the average person. Maybe it's their appearance, maybe it's the way they talk to people, maybe it's how they gesture or what they do as a profession. Mages often border on this edge simply by nature of visual mutations that can intimidate non-magical people, same with those obviously marked by Immortals.

Butchering (5/250) Novice

Seduction (5/250) Novice
The novice seducer is able to make their target want something, but when they do it is a much more obvious and far less subtle than perhaps they would like. The person on the receiving end of this is likely to know that they are being seduced into wanting whatever is on offer and the seducer needs to be obvious. Even if it is something that the target might actually want, the outcome of this seduction is as likely to be unsuccessful as it is to work, it is an unsubtle approach most certainly. Furthermore, any success on the part of the individual attempting the seduction is very short lived and will not have any longer term effects, because there is no indication that this is the choice of the target and the seduction is very obvious.

Trap Making (5/250) Novice
word count: 1288
Carver
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Old House

Old Scalvoris (Scalvoris Town) House

Housing
Scalvoris Town (Tier 5)

Home
Tier 5: a small three room home in a mediocre area. Nothing fancy, but equally, you aren't completely scraping for your next meal, either. You get by. You may assume a small garden.

A Tier 5 building includes one small room, three average rooms, and one large room with average-quality furnishings. Tier 5 buildings are medium in size and are more complex in their design. They have a comfortable amount of room to live in for the average family. They are usually located within the middle-class districts of a city.

6+ Occupants:
  • Carver
  • Laures
  • Aye-Aye Mouse

Basic Layout:
  • Open Kitchen + Dining Area. (average room)
  • Bedroom (average room)
  • Sitting Lounge (average room)
  • Washroom (small room)
  • Basement (large room)
  • Backyard (small vegetable garden)

From the Front Door...
On the Left: Washroom, then Bedroom.
On the Right: Sitting Room, then Kitchen/Dining.
Basement stairs are at the end of the hall with stairs, door to stairwell hidden to the left side.
On the right side, is a small storage closet with shelving (not big enough for a humanoid to hide in).

Bedroom (Carver & Laures)

Room

Starting Location: Egilrun, Scalvoris
House Location: Scalvoris Town

word count: 212
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Plot Development”