• Closed • Bird vs Wolf

Nir'wei plz

60th of Ashan 720

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Kalortah
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Voice of Calamity
Renown: 590
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Bird vs Wolf

Kal absolutely withered from the bracing strike that Nir'wei performed on him. It was almost too much, he might've fractured a rib! The pain was enough that he wasn't quite sure if it'd done lasting damage. But then, Kal was resilient. He'd survived having his wings mangled by Navyri once, and come back healed...

"I think... I'll check in with a healer soon." Kalortah coughed, and winced at the pain that shot up his center.

"But... yes I did strike you didn't I? I'm more careful in most circumstances, but I wasn't taking this practice as serious as I should've." He coughed again, spittle flying from his lips. He shook his head, waving off the Sev'ryn's concern (if he showed any).

Kalortah had been pondering different weapon choices for a while, or whether he intended to become a warrior at all. Of course, he'd need to fight and defend himself when he was travelling alone. But perhaps now that he'd found his riches, he could hire someone toward that end.

He listened to the Sev'ryns suggestion of a polearm, and Kalortah had to shake his head. "Blades are not for me, but neither are Polearms. I need something I can carry with me and not have checked... A decorative throwing club?" Kalortah mused about different weapon choices from time to time. Truth be told, he wasn't satisfied with the results he got with a blade, or the close encounters. The suggestion of a pole arm was a good one, in fact, but Kalortah was no warrior.

"But aye, you win this round. Well fought!" Kalortah had to acknowledge the Sev'ryn's skill, for to deny it would be to denegrate his own, which wasn't the avriel way.

So saying, he loped off into the distance, to find someone to check out his ribs, and set them if need be.

word count: 327
~ Image ~ Image
Kalortah is always under the effect of the Tarouz ability,
Grandeur

Aliases:
Eldyn Morose
Larza Impre
Flavius Erythrian
Milian Le Moigne
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Bird vs Wolf

Kalortah:

Knowledge:
[*] Strength x 8
[*] Tactics x 3

Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: Bruised rib.
Renown: 5, for a public sparring match.
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Nir'wei:

Knowledge:
[*] Blades x 4
[*] Endurance x 2
[*] Strength x 4

Loot: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 5, for a public sparring match.
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

- - -
Comments: Well, that was an interesting thread. I never thought that I would see Kalortah fight one day. He always seemed more like someone that tries to avoid fights to me. But then again, you mentioned the beating that he received at the hands of Navyri. Either way, I appreciate that you mentioned Kalortah warming up before the fight. That’s kind of important!

I enjoyed Nirwei’s conversation with his “pets”. That was very entertaining to read in my opinion. I was surprised that Kalortah didn’t seem to mind Nir’wei’s lack of fashion sense.

The fight itself was interesting, and I found your PCs' thoughts and the observations that they made about each other enjoyable to read.

Enjoy your rewards!

P.S.: Kalortah, I would have added “Intimidation” to the list of skills used. You mentioned your PC spreading his wings as an intimidation tactic. “Unarmed” would also have applied as you mentioned Kalortah’s knowledge of unarmed combat.
word count: 223

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”