There Is Many Kinds of Protectors

Beyond the city of Rharne lies the Stormlands, which is home to a number of farms, forests, fields, Lake Lovalus, and the River Zynyx. This subforum also includes the Stormwastes to the south.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: 853
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya Lyosha

25 Arc Human Female
Plantium Blond Hair and Sapphire Blue Eyes
Favored of Ymiden and Moseke
Blue Cloak of the Adunih

Currently Preparing for War

Cylus 18 720

There was an echo in the hall of the measured step of a booted feet. The platinum blood woman had once wore slippers when she was younger, but after a week of trying to help as a healer the slips had been regretfully set aside and good boots found themselves on her feet. She actually like the support and firmness of the boots now. Either way, her foot ware wasn’t the point of current trip. Though she couldn’t help put notices the sound as she moved down the hall.

Sweeping her hand up the young woman brushed back a strand of hair that had escaped from it braid back behind her ear. Today she had done her hair in two braids that came down the side of her head. Here in the fortress Genna often did her hair practically with minimal style. There was time and a place for that but here she needed it out of her way and not to be a liability. So braids and buns it was.

The Lysorian woman found her way walking towards the knights section of the Fortress were Vivian had asked to meet with her. The invite had been overly detailed, but Genna had agreed to come as from what she knew of the woman it would be important. The healer had been impressed during the last war with the advice that the Knight had often supplied to Faith and the others as they had maneuvered around the necromancer. Genna worked to trust people and give them chances, but Vivian had done well and with out trying. On a personal level Gennadiya didn’t know her at all but that could easily change.

With her skirts billowing around her moving legs, and her posture erect Genna came upon the spot where they were to meet and paused to wait for the Knight. Genna made a mental reminded of what else she knew. Not much, except she was a Warden of the Lake like Faith. Genna only knew a bit about it, but they appeared to be people who choose to protect other, and made an oath with the Lake. She had approved of such and order and though at times about asking what it would take to become a member.

Effects

Hair glows slightly from Ymiden's mark
A Green tree on shoulder blade from Mosekes mark
In possession of a magic Rose which heals scares.
word count: 442
Vivian Shiryu
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 678
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: There Is Many Kinds of Protectors

Vivian looked through her papers and nodded to herself, satisfied that she was making the right choice. More Wardens at the fort could help, and Gennadiya had been very active in helping the fort with her healing abilities. So she had called the healer to an out of the way section of the fortress and left orders that the two were not to be disturbed unless the fort was attacked or other such emergencies happened. As it happened, she arrived in the room only a second after Genna, having been slightly delayed due to having to deal with one of the reinforcements folk wanting her signature on some paperwork.

"Ah, I hope you weren't waiting long?" the inquisitor asked, stepping into the room. Fins materialized at her feet as she shut the door. The little shark dog looked at Genna and wagged his tail before bouncing around so he was up on a table in the corner of the room. "Now, as for why I called you here, there's something I wanted to discuss with you, but I've got a few questions first. Apologies if this might seem to be a bit round-a-bout, but it will all come together at the end." she said, pulling up one of the chairs in the room and gesturing for Genna to do the same.

"Now, you're a healer, yes?" Vivian asked, looking at some paper she had brought. "With the Order of Adunih and out of Lysoria? That's out by Ne'haer, long ways from here." she said, before looking up at Gennadiya. "So, why Rharne? What made you decide that this was the place to set up shop? Even more than that, why come out to this fort that was just barely hanging on? Healers don't usually serve on the front lines, after all." she said, her tone calm and concise, but there was an intent to her questions that was very clear in her voice.
word count: 332
Please send all PM's to Basilisk.
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya Lyosha

25 Arc Human Female
Blue Cloak of the Adunih

Cylus 18 720

Gennadiya was pleased when Vivan stepped in just a moment behind her. The platinum healer liked being on time, and liked it when others were on time as well. Strangle she was more forgiving of people who were late verses people who showed up really early for a meeting. Pushing that observation out of her mind as it really didn’t have any bearing on the conversation and appointment at hand.

With a firm shake of her head Genna answered. “No I arrived only a moment ago myself.” Genna watched a shark down materialized in the room and then bounced over to the table. Like was very different here then where she had grown up in Lysoria. Though Genna suspected it had to do with the people she kept company with these trials. Spoiled rich children weren’t really all that diversified. Genna took the offered chair and quietly waited as Vivian explained, vaguely, why they were meeting. The woman was curious but she understood that questions up front usually delayed and explanation so she waited.

The young woman listened as she was asked some basic questions about herself. With another confirming nod of her head Genna answered. “Healer is my occupation, and yes I do that through the Order of the Adunih.” Then came the questions about why leave Lysoria and Ne’haer. Genna crossed her ankles and looked Vivian in the eyes. “Originally because the Order here was actually doing something besides existing trial to trial.” She said. “The Order in Ne’hear was sluggish and didn’t really offer opportunity to grow. Faith was pushing the order her forward, and since then I have learned much more about healing and progressed. The reason I stay is because I have grown to love the mountain city and its people.” She paused when asked about why she had come to the front lines. “I came because healers are needed here, and if I don’t come then who will. I can’t expect others to face the dangers I won’t.” There was a lot more that could be said, but Genna didn’t get the impression that Vivian wanted a full history of her change from a spoiled brat to the woman now sitting there.

Effects

word count: 439
Vivian Shiryu
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vivian listened quietly as Gennadiya responded to her question, then nodded. "You're a brave one, aren't you? Even most of the healers we have here at the fort choose not to fight, but not only did you volunteer to come out here, but you went down into that cellar with Vega and Varlum. Though I admit I'm not very familiar with your choice of weapon, you seemed confident in your ability to use it." she said, before looking over at Fins. The little shark looked back at her, then nodded in answer to an unspoken question.

"Now, as to the reason I called you here. As you probably have heard, in addition to being a Lightning Knight, I am also a member of the Wardens of the Lake. We get our powers and our partners," she said, gesturing to Fins when she mentioned partners, "from Lovalus, the Spirit of the Lake. We are tasked with defending Rharne and its people from Faldrun and his followers and creatures. These flamebeasts we've been fighting here are almost certainly some demented spawn of his." Vivian said, her tone calm and collected.

"Not all those who protected are fighters, and seem dedicated to care of Rharne and its people. Would you be interested in becoming a Warden, Gennadiya?" she asked, her tone warmer now. As she asked the question, Fins hopped up into Vivian's lap. The little shark-dog would be necessary for the ritual that would make Gennadiya a Warden, if she accepted.
Last edited by Vivian Shiryu on Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 255
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya Lyosha

25 Arc Human Female
Blue Cloak of the Adunih

Cylus 18 720

The Platinum haired woman had heard about Wardens of the Lake, and knew that they helped protect Rharne, but before talking with Vivian she didn’t not anything more than that. She listened intently to the commander’s explanation of what the Wardens were. They were blessed by the lake itself. Genna wasn’t at all spirit sensitive buy she wasn’t surprised by learn that the large lake had an active spirit. They were their mainly to fight against Fauldren. That was interesting as Genna was familiar with the Immortal of Fire, but found it interesting that he focused so much hatred here at Rharne given the distance between the two cities. She wondered if Ilaren presence had something to do with it.

Then they came to the point of the meeting. Genna tried to be straight forward but she wasn’t at skilled at it as the Commander, she just didn’t talk that way, so it was nice that she came up with the point of this meeting. Genna did think that one day she would had to actually take on the challenge of getting to know this woman. The young woman was surprised by the request. She wasn’t a warrior, she would help with the fighting and wasn’t afraid to use her war fan. She knew some healers who felt that battle was against their code, but Genna didn’t have any such restriction. She would defend those who needed it in any way she could. That really was the core of this conversation. She was be offered another tool to use to help others. There would be more responsibility but Genna suspected that she had already taken on much of that.

Her blue eyes were thoughtful and she didn’t answer immediately. The wait was to long before her eyes grew determined and she looked at the other woman and said simply. “I would be pleased and grateful to join the Wardens. To help protect those I love, and to fight.” She said simple her posture still poised and but her eyes dancing with an inner determination.

Effects

word count: 416
Vivian Shiryu
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vivian waited patiently as Genna thought the offer over, then finally accepted. "Excellent. So, about the initiation process." she said, as a little shark dog bounced out of the barrel of water and into Vivian's lap. "This is my companion, Fins. He and I will sort of...merge. Once we do, we'll be able to act as a conduit for Lovalus's power, so that she can make you a Warden. You'll have to make a vow to her, to protect Rharne and it's people. The wording of the vow doesn't matter, but it has to be genuine or Lovalus won't accept it. If she accepts it, there'll be a moment when we're connected, as Lovalus transfers her power through me and into you. You'll get a companion like mine, probably from that water barrel, and then you'll be a Warden. I'm told this process is painful for the initiator, so if I seem pained during, that's why." she said, before looking down at Fins.

"You ready?" she asked the little shark dog. Fins nodded, and Vivian closed her eyes as the two began to merge, Fins sort of melting into her. After a bit, she could feel the thin thread that connected Vivian to Gennadiya. Then she could feel the icy cold of Lovalus's power coursing through her. "Now. Speak your vow to Lovalus, that she may hear it and choose whether to accept you as one of us." she said, her tone a sharp command. Vivian fell silent as Gennadiya made her vow, and they waited for Lovalus's decision.

When Lovalus accepted Gennadiya's vow, she suddenly felt as if she had been boiled alive as the lake spirits power coursed through Vivian and into Gennadiya. The knight bent over double and clenched her jaw shut, breathing hard through her nose to keep from screaming. Then it was over, and Fins returned to his usual form as Vivian slumped over in relief. She was stiff and she had a pounding headache, but those would pass. "Oh, they weren't kidding. That hurt like hell." she said, looking up at Genna. "But you're a Warden now. Your companion should appear soon, by my understanding." she said, her tone calm.
word count: 385
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya Lyosha

25 Arc Human Female
Gold Cloak of the Adunih

Cylus 18 720

The young healer listened as the process of becoming a warden was explained. She on her end only had to make a oath and then the commander would perform the initiation that wasn’t going to be pleasant. The young woman paused at the explanation partly because she didn’t like causing other pain and partly so that think about what oath she wanted to make.

Genna smiled at the little creature as it joined Vivian. While Gennadiya didn’t want anyone to be in pain she was also aware that sometimes pain was required. She was after all a healer and people never realized that some times to fix something there was pain. Her blue eyes were briefly lost in thought.

She finally spoke. “I vow to the Lovalus that I Gennadiya Lyosha will protect the lake and the people of Rharne. I will use my skills to offer aid and provide protection to those who live and help protect Rharne.” She said simply but sincerely.

Once the vow was done. Gennadiya watched as Vivian and her companion joined together to initiate her. Genna could tell that Vivian was in pain as she and her companion merged. She kept control of her features as the process continued her expression concerned.

Genna’s expression was concerned as Vivian straighten back up and announced it was painful and then said she was a warden. Genna stood up and bowed her head and said. “Thank you. I will serve the Rharne to the best of my ability.” She smiles and then stepped over the water barrel.

It did take a couple of moments but eventually the water ripples and a star fish shaped creature emerged. Star fish shape was a loss description. It had four long arms that looked like ribbons and the last arm was short. The creature kind of floated/swam up out of the barrel and was soon face to face Genna. The young woman smiled as the last arm titled up and for the first time the two meet eyes to eye. Genna smiled and the creature began to produce musical sounds out of each ribbony arm.

“I am Gennadiya.”

“I am Nayeli.” It hummed and said. “I love your hair.”

Genna laughed as she reached out and touched her new companion. Her smile grew even wider as the music from Nayeli grew louder.

Effects

word count: 458
Doran
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 1162
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Genna:

Knowledge: -
Loot: -
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 10, for becoming a Warden.
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.

Vivian:

Knowledge: -
Loot: -
Lost: -
Wealth: -
Injuries: -
Renown: 5, for initiating Genna.
Magic XP: -
Skill Review: Appropriate to level.
- - -
Comments: I found it interesting that Genna didn’t know what the meeting with Vivian would be for. Her attitude in this thread impressed me. I like how she said that she couldn’t expect others to face the dangers she wouldn’t! You play a healer very well in my opinion!

Vivian was very professional in this thread. I liked the appearance of her dog. It added an element of light-heartedness to the thread, and besides … a shark dog? That sounds like an interesting pet! I had no idea that she had gotten Fins from Lovalus, the Spirit of the Lake!

I don’t think I’ve read any threads where a PC was made a Warden, at least not recently, so this was interesting. I had no idea that the process entailed more than just an oath.

Nayeli seems like a great companion for Genna. I was amused when it complimented her hair!

There were a few typos in your posts, Genna, but nothing that distracted from the story.

That being said, I look forward to reading more from Warden Gennadiya, and enjoy your rewards!
word count: 229

Mutations

N/A

Blessings

N/A

Worn Items

Ring of Reversal
Ring of Immunity
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Stormlands”