Hey! Remember the Baby Snatcher?

Balthazar and Yeva

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Hey! Remember the Baby Snatcher?

26 Ashan 720
As he chased after Yeva, trying not to spill his drink, Balthazar worried he would not catch up to her at all. What if she never stopped? What if he tripped? So he did the only thing his drunken mind could think to do. He reached out to attune to her frequency. She was a little bit ahead of him and they were running so it wasn't exactly successful until they had both stopped but by then he'd have forgotten that he had reached out to attune in the first place. He'd chalk her frequency constantly playing in the back of his head up to the alcohol he'd consumed. When he reached Yeva (also when he actually managed to attune to her), he found her shaking the alcohol off of her hand. He laughed, at the situation more than the redhead, and took a sip from his drink- accidentally spilling some of it on himself as he did so. Then he laughed at himself and wiped the beer off his chin.

He hadn't meant to challenge her but when Yeva said she would try to put the drink on her head, the mage's eyes widened in excitement. He loved that it had become a competition. As Yeva carefully brought the cup up to her head, Balthazar gave her a thumbs up. "Look at you go, a natural." He cheered her on with a smile. When she asked him truth or dare his answer came with less thought behind it then it should have. "Well I think it is only fair for me to pick dare." He said confidently before taking another sip from his cup. Now he had about as much left in it as Yeva had in her own. He watched the cup atop her head for a few moments before his eyes instinctively dropped to her curls and face. There was something about the way she looked when she was focused on balancing the cup that Balthazar found- in some ways, adorable.

She thought over what task she'd give the mage and Balthazar watched her gears turn. Her dare caused Balthazar to chuckle slightly. Give her a ride to the inn? How? Did she want to sit on his shoulders? He did not think, for even a moment, about Yeva's weight because he knew he could carry her- he just did not know how she wanted to be carried. If he took her on his shoulders, he would have to mind any doorway that they moved through. He could carry her in his arms but was that really a ride? "Well I can't let you win." Balthazar said after Yeva's cup tumbled to the floor. "Here, take my drink, you spilled yours." He held his out to her and if she took it, he would turn so she could jump onto his back. If not, he would set it on the ground and leave it there. He thought it would be a bad idea to drink it and then try carrying her. Yet before anything else, she gave him a great bear hug. He felt warm and a little like winged beasts had been freed in his stomach when she hugged him but he wiggled free of her hug a moment later.

"Alright, alright! For you... and to win the game... so hop on." Balthazar bent his knees slightly so that Yeva would have an easier time getting on his back. "Hold on, I don't want to drop you." Balthazar said while he waited Yeva to hop onto his back.

word count: 606

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Yeva
Approved Character
Profession: Medic | Crytographer
Renown: 585
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Yeva gasped loudly as Balthazar peeled himself away, having not quite been convinced her peer pressure would work, "Really! Yay!" she was about to clap but took note of the drink in her hand. She lingered on it a bit too long, wondering if she should drink, and then noticed how he crouched to accommodate their height difference, "They do this in Rharne," she absent-mindedly took a sip of the drink and patted his back, freehand hooking onto his shoulder while, she swayed. Chuckling at her own inebriation, Yeva leaned forward to press her weight against him, arms snaking forward to hook around his collarbone, "One, twoooooo," she began to lift her leg around the backside of his waist and then, with a very small jump, hooked her other, "Three!"

There was a level of trust that he wouldn't drop her, or worse, fallback from her added weight and send both of them scrambling in the snow. Yeva did her best not to spill the remaining contents of Balth's stolen drink down the front of his shirt and grinned at the realization of, "You're so warm!" she squeezed him a bit tighter as the two became accustomed to the new center of balance, "Do you know where the uh... " What was the name of the inn she was staying at again? Yeva was caught in thought, "-the um... oooh, don't tell me..." she huffed, doing her best to remember the innkeeper's name in the haze of her mind, "Oh!" she gave an excited wiggle, leaning forward to peer at Balthazar's face, "The knight's rest! Do you know where that is?"

Yeva kicked her feet, knees bare, the fabric of her skirt bunched up between them, "That's where I'm stayin'. Azrael's there," she didn't seem bothered to tell the details of her Scalvoran experience, "If he sees me, he'll be mad," she smiled and then yawned, "We've been best friends since..." She didn't know and calculating the arcs and all their memories made her head swirl, "Long time."

The steady bounce of Balthazar's walking and his increased body heat made Yeva sleepy, but it was the occasional electric shock that kept her just out of the realm of dozing off, "Hey, Firebug," she muttered after another yawn. She lifted the drink in a silent offering for him to take a gulp if he wished. Her cheek rested on his shoulder and Yeva's voice was soft and inquisitive, as she peered at him from the side to compare this version of man to the one she had met at the bar, "Are you still sad?"
word count: 453
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
"Do they?" Balthazar said in somewhat of a stupor as he waited for Yeva to hop onto his back. "Is it a normal method of travel?" He could imagine, mostly because he was drunk, that people walked up and down the streets of Rharne carrying other people on their backs. He laughed softly at the image that came to his mind and forgot it the moment he heard Yeva's voice behind him again. She was climbing onto him with a surprisingly slow pace and for some reason it made Balthazar more nervous. Yeva began to hook her arm around his collar and Balthazar took a quick breath. She was counting? Did he need the warning? It just made the anticipation worse! Yeva began to lift her leg and Balthazar, fortunately aware of where she was because of his magic, was ready to catch her when she finally took the leap. He stumbled forward just a step before adjusting to her weight

Yeva clung a little tighter to Balthazar and commented on how warm he felt. He had almost no concept of the drink constantly threatening to spill onto him while he was holding her up on his back. He was only thinking about the journey ahead, the dare, and how fun it was going to be to defeat her at this game. She was trying to remember something and she told him not to tell her, which was fine because he did not know how he would have told her since he did not know what she was thinking of. Then he remembered the dare completely. He was supposed to take her back to an inn! Suddenly the inns in the town began flittering through his head and then Yeva remembered the one she was looking for. He'd heard of it. He was pretty sure he knew where it was. "I think I can find it." Balthazar confirmed, arching his head just a little so he could see Yeva's face surprisingly close to his own. "Hang on, Matchstick."

She did not weigh much at all. To prove it, Balthazar moved surprisingly quickly back and forth for a few trills before spinning a little. He came to a stop, facing the direction he was pretty sure they needed to go while Yeva held on. Then he began walking with a little extra bounce in his step just to shake the drunk on his back. She spoke of her friend while they walked. Azrael? That was some name. Had she mentioned him to Balthazar already? The mage couldn't quite remember because he was finding it exceedingly difficult to put a face to the name. He was only really thinking about the girl on his back while he carried her to The Knights Rest. He listened to her remarkably short story about how long she'd known the Avriel and raised a curious brow when she said he would be mad if he saw her. "Why would he be mad? We don't have to tell him about the stealing."

They walked for a little longer after that before Yeva spoke again, calling him Firebug and lifting his drink up so he could try to have some, which he did with a little effort. Some spilled down his shirt but not enough to bother him. She asked if he was still sad and the mage's brow furrowed. Sad? Why would he be sad? Then he remembered. Isabella was gone. She was still gone. None of this fun with Yeva had changed what he had said and nothing could convince Isabella to forgive him... that made him sad. Yet he could not say that he was while he carried the red-head on his back. He couldn't say he was sad at all. He felt... many other things instead. "I was sad before you arrived, and I'll probably be sad again when you're gone... but I've been happy to spend this time with you. So when I'm sad later, it'll be because you're gone not because I was sad... and that is better, isn't it?" Balthazar asked her with a small bounce in his step as they walked. "I think it is better."

word count: 715

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Why would Azrael be mad? Yeva tried to pin the reasoning down,resting her chin on Balthazar's shoulder, "Mm," What had been the Avriel's exact words? "He says when you're drunk, you're vulnerable," she sighed through her her nose and turned her cheek, trying to find the best way to rest as he carried her. It didn't seem she was too bothered anymore, maybe even comfortable in talking, "He's protective."

Bordering on possessive.

Yeva didn't say this, but drew quiet as they walked. When Balthazar took her offered drink and began his explanation, her brow furrowed, delayed as her mind began to put together the pieces. He walked with a bit of a playful step, each bounce jostling her more away, but she couldn't help but feel unsettled. She tightened her arms around his chest and then buried her face into his shoulder, "It doesn't feel better," she whined, realizing that no matter which the dice turned, he was left saddened in that scenario, "I don't want you to be upset at all," It was hard to imagine Balthazar shedding tears when every encounter with him up until that point had involved him fighting, drinking, laughing. When she found him, he had been drowning his troubles, but only to outrun those feelings. That way, when they sunk their teeth into him, he'd be numb.

Up ahead the Knight's Rest was coming into view. It stood at the end of the street, warm and bright. Yeva felt very much like a child about to be dropped off at school, clinging to an adult and no longer wanting to go. But she had to, of course - it would be getting late and it was cold. Azrael would die before he let Balthazar into her room. No doubt at least one of them would have to work in the morning and Ilaren have mercy on whichever one that was, "What if we can't see each other for a long time?"

Yeva tried to find the bright side, trying to take a drink of what little remained in the glass. At least there would be a happy reunion?

The medic eventually smiled, regarding her new companion closely. He was unlike any of the others in her growing friends list, but perhaps one of the most surprising. Knowing it was nearly time to say goodbye, Yeva leaned forward to place a soft kiss on his cheek. The hair of his jaw scratched her skin and she gave him one last squeeze, "I'll miss you," Yeva's mind swirled, she felt light now that the alcohol had slithered its way fully into her veins and she let go, sliding from his back to land on unsteady feet, "Don't be sad, okay?"
word count: 473
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
Yeva told the mage of the overprotecting Azrael and Balthazar still couldn't help but agree. You were more vulnerable when you were drunk. Balthazar never really thought of it as dangerous because even drunk he could probably kill a man in a matter of bits. Yeva on the other hand was a young, small, and fairly shy woman that Balthazar could not deny had something about her that seemed to capture his attention when she entered a room. Drunk on her own, he could understand why her friend would worry for her... but she was not on her own. "Well you should tell him not to worry when you drink with me, I'll protect you." Balthazar promised, squeezing her leg slightly as if it made the promise more important.

The Knight's Rest was getting closer now and Balthazar knew it. He wasn't the best navigator, especially drunk, but he'd been there before so he had a good idea of where it was. Yeva tightened her arms around Balthazar and buried her face in his shoulder, unhappy with his answer. It didn't feel better? He slowed down a little, his bouncing steps fading into more normal ones but even then, he was wobbling. He walked a little more slowly, as if trying to draw out the time together so he could think of a way to make her feel better. He didn't want to lie. He knew he'd think too hard about too many things later and he'd be back in the hole again... but he was happy in the moment with her. She didn't want him to be upset at all but he was in an upsetting profession and situation. He never felt more alone than he did when he sat by himself in the house he used to share. But he did not feel alone with Yeva. His mind went to work trying to figure out how to feel happy and he thought of meditation, brawling, drinking. That was the order. Mediation. Brawling. Drinking. Maybe meditation, drinking, brawling.

Then she asked what would happen if they couldn't see each other for a long time. The mage almost stopped walking altogether then but a trill passed and he was slowly moving again, holding onto the Matchstick on his back. The question was still in the air. What if they didn't see each other for a long time? "Well..." He paused, still not sure how to answer. He squeezed Yeva's legs a little bit again, thinking harder than he needed to. "If we don't see each other... I'll just have to think about you, and tonight, and try to be happy." Balthazar decided as they grew closer and closer to the night's end.

When they reached the inn Balthazar stopped so that Yeva could get down but he forgot that for her to get down, he needed to let her go. Her kissing his cheek might have had something to do with that. She squeezed him and let go so he let her slide off his back. Don't be sad? He turned to face the smaller woman with the curly red hair and he smiled gently. "I will miss you too, Blushes." He leaned forward slightly and kissed the top of her head, before pulling back and giggling a little. Her hair had tickled his nose. "I'll try. It should be easy after all, right? I won truth or dare didn't I? Here we are." Balthazar gestured to The Knights Rest. He looked at the mostly empty cup in Yeva's hand and then pointed to it. "Is that my prize?"
word count: 622

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Balthazar bent down to kiss the top of her head and laughed, the act so affectionate and boyish, Yeva found herself pleasantly surprised more than anything. So, startled, Yeva touched her head and tried to piece together the exchange. She has kissed him. And he had kissed her. Not on the lips, but a mutual exchange of tenderness. What did that mean?

"I'll miss you too, Blushes."

A coy smile drew her eyes up while he spoke.

"...It should be easy after all, right? I won truth or dare didn't I?"

She followed his hands which waved towards the Knight's Rest Inn, symbolizing the end of their night. Watching his hands, Yeva was once again reminded of his little trick. Stabbing himself to impress her.

"Here we are."

"Here we are," she repeated, trying not to waiver in one spot.

"Is that my prize?"

She looked down at the alcoholic remains, "No," she answered, thoughts floating, body warm. Yeva handed it over anyway.

'A prize,' her mind rattled, the thoughts too quick to catch, 'Kiss him!'

Her brow furrowed, she swallowed. Her mind flashed suave scenarios of the medic reaching up on tiptoes to embrace the mage. That was a prize! She could be as cool as the heroines in her books, 'Kiss him.'

"I-"

A group of friends emerged from the front of the tavern, guffawing loudly and paying no mind to the duo but Yeva jumped at the sound of the door opening. When she realized her response, she smiled, embarrassed at herself and the idea of what would have happened had she been bolder. It seemed that she was reminded of her surroundings and crossed her arms. The timing was off now, "I'll have to find you something better," the answer sounded lame now, and she partially turned towards the building. She could ask if he'd be alright to get home in his state, but even as drunk as she was, she knew it would just be an excuse to stall. He had found her lodging just fine, nearly skipping on the way. Balthazar would be fine, "G'night, Firebug..." her hand touched the handle of the establishment and she looked back over her shoulder at her new friend, waving before the door could close entirely behind her, "Thanks for the drink."
word count: 393
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
"No," but she still passed the cup into his hands like it was his prize all the same. His eyes lowered to stare at it a little longer than they should have. He could feel the moment coming now where they would part ways and he wanted to draw it out. He knew that he wanted to draw it out. He wasn't sure he'd remember the moment in the morning so he wanted to make it last. One more bit with this wonderful redhead who'd saved him from himself for the night. Yeva was thinking hard about something, even drunk Balthazar could tell that. He could feel her frequency and with it, a gentle impression of what she'd do. He forgot he'd attuned but he never stopped listening to the song that was Yeva. It seemed and felt like she was on the verge of making a decision. She squeaked out just a word when suddenly a group of friends emerged from the front of the tavern and startled the duo.

Balthazar was startled just as much as Yeva had been by the sudden arrival of strangers but he hid it quickly. When the group had moved on everything felt different. Yeva was right, the moment had passed and Balthazar felt it. Still, he found his eyes locked on the little cup in his hand. The cup Yeva had given him. The prize that was not his prize. "I'll have to find you something better." Her voice was soft against the quiet of the night and Balthazar's eyes slowly traced up from the cup to Yeva. Her eyes, her face, she was smiling. Her lips curled just slightly. Her lips. Oh no. Don't think that. Stop. Stop it. She had a pretty face but he'd known that all night. Now the very thought that Yeva had been thinking moments before chimed loudly at the back of Balthazar's head and he did everything he could not to act. Let her go inside. Let her go to bed. Leave it alone. She began turning away, she was going inside. It was almost over.

Let the woman go to her protective friend.

Let the moment pass.

"G'night Firebug." She opened the door and had stepped inside. She looked over her shoulder, she waved, he stood there frozen in place by a feeling he did not understand. She thanked him for the drink and the door was closing behind her. Let her go.

But he couldn't. "Yeva!" Just before the door shut, Balthazar's foot shot out and was caught between the it and the doorframe. The door bounced slightly off his foot and Balthazar pulled it open again, taking the redhead's hand quickly and pulling her back over to him. "I thought of a better prize."

He kissed her.

He kissed her.

A small shock passed between their lips when they met and Balthazar's left hand, which he'd used to pull Yeva back towards him, wrapped gently around her lower back while his right caressed the side of her face. He had meant for it to be quick. He had meant to give her just a peck and then to let her go and be done with it. He told himself a quick kiss was more forgivable than a long one... but when his lips met hers he only wanted to keep them there. So he held and kissed her a little more passionately than he meant to. He didn't know how long it lasted, he wasn't counting. It felt good. He couldn't have counted if he wanted to. All he was thinking about in that moment was Yeva and how lucky he was that he had been able to spend that night in her company.

Yeva didn't slap him immediately when he finally pulled away from her so he hoped she didn't mind too much. As soon as the kiss had ended he felt a dozen other emotions flood into his drunken mind, clouding the confidence that had existed there a few moments before. Had he just made a terrible mistake? It was only then that his hand, which hand been unconsciously caressing her face in the few trills after the kiss, began to slide from her cheek. His other hand similarly slipped slowly from her lower back. "G'night, Matchstick." He smiled a soft but awkward smile, and tried to take a step back but found his feet frozen in place.

He'd killed men and yet he was afraid to move now... that was what she'd done to him.
word count: 783

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

There was a thought that maybe she wouldn't remember it in the morning, that maybe this was the type of mistake people condemned alcohol for, but it didn't feel like a mistake.

It felt like electricity and fire.

He had warned her of his influence, pulling her in, the smolder of his gold eyes sinking in as if consuming her sense, the way his body pressed against hers, warm and untamed. His arm slid around her waist, he held her face and-

He kissed her.

The shock of their skin touching caused her to gasp at the flash of static light, soothed by the pressure of his lips. A kiss to make it better, Yeva released the hesitation that had held her back and allowed herself, for now, to enjoy the moment she had been thinking about for arcs. The big first kiss.

Was it as she had expected?

Well... It was certainly different.

For one, she hadn't imagined someone like Balthazar to be a participant.

Her mind swirled like a drop of ink in water, it seemed she was acutely aware, not of words or thoughts, but of sensation. The alcohol soothed her fretful worries and her heart thundered like a shot of adrenaline. It was happening. The whiskers of his jaw scratched her skin, she gripped his forearms, leaning her head further back as he deepened the kiss. Idalos seemed to fade away, replaced by the citrus taste of spirits and parted lips. Her hands - whose placement she had been so concerned about once before - slid naturally to his chest and then around his back where she could hold onto him for balance. For greed.

She felt light headed.

Balthazar broke away first and Yeva's eyes fluttered open, the prizewinning haze doing its best to hinder the desire to return to reality. His fingers still on her freckled cheek, clarity began to sharpen her gaze and Yeva swallowed, surprised and breathless. For a moment, they stood, looking at the other, and then she let her arms fall and he did the same, spell broken.

He smiled. She smiled.

Away from his body heat, the wintry cold felt like a sharp slap to jolt her into moving. Yeva covered her mouth, afraid she might be grinning like an idiot, and ducked her head before the flush of her cheeks could reveal more than just embarrassment, "Yeah," she added, catching her breath, "You too."

Wait. That wasn't right...

She shook her head, laughing at herself but unbothered, "Good game."

Stepping back to the tavern door before she could ask to play again, Yeva was quite confident she was winner, but the mage was right about something.

It was very a good night, indeed.
word count: 461
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Balthazar

Experience: 15 No magic xp. The magic techniques weren't adequately challenging for a master.

Knowledge:

Attunement: The Frequency of Yeva of Rharne
Attunement: Note - Inebriated
Defiance (Support) - Reforming a hand with fire
Endurance x 3
Storytelling x 3
Deception x 4
Seduction x 3

Renown: 5

Skill Usage: Balthazar is only competent in resistance, and yet had five or so drinks/whiskeys according to the opening posts. In my opinion you vastly overplayed your resistance. Balthazar was speaking in full coherent sentences, and aside from some stumbling about when walking and maybe some minor inhibition lapses and impulse control problems, didn't appear affected very much at all by his drunkenness. I've docked the resistance knowledges you claimed for the overplay. Please use appropriate skill play in the future, or we will have to take firm action.

Loot/Losses: none

Injuries/Conditions: hangover

Consequences: none

Yeva

Experience: 15 no magic xp

Knowledge:

Deception
The Point & Lie Move
No One Expects the Good Girl to Misbehave

Endurance
x3

Gambling
x2

Resistance
Drinking is Better w/A Friend
Pace Yourself... or Else
You Probably Shouldn't Practice Magic While Inebriated
Alcohol Affects Mental Processing
How Much To Drink for Lowering Inhibitions

Running
x4

Storytelling
Telling a Childhood Story
Giving Background For a Character

Seduction
Ask to Be Swept Off Your Feet
The Sensations of a First Kiss
How to Charm a Grumpy Mage
Participating in a Public Display of Affection
How to Pick Up Someone at a Bar
Hugs & Hand Holding Don't Hurt

Renown: 5

Skill Usage: Appropriate to level.

Loot/Losses: none

Injuries/Conditions: hangover

Consequences: none

Comments: This was an interesting social thread. Although Balthazar by all rights should've been on his back and blacked out after so many drinks, I'm glad we got to learn a bit more about the mage. I didn't know he came from south of Yaralon... Considering that south of Yaralon is the Crescent sea. Were his folks sailors/mariners? Or was he from Athart?? Or was this where the deception came in? It's kind of amusing how many seem to lie about their time in Yaralon or at least stretch the truth.

Yeva was pretty amusing in this thread. I thought it was interesting how she tried to hook Balthazar up with that dude from the Order of Adunih, or at least do her acquaintance the favor of letting Balthazar know that he was interested. The part where they played truth or dare was amusing as well, but Yeva chickened out on slapping folks, and urged Balthazar to come up with a dare that wouldnt' see her drummed out of the Order. She being too shy, even while drunk, to kiss Balthazar was pretty cute.

Balthazar is a really sad drunk, but he seems to fluctuate in his moods as he goes along in the thread. Like I said, he was very coherent for someone who presented himself as lucid and chatty as he was. Maybe he's a chatty drunk, but still... five whiskeys and then some? Phew.

If you have any concerns about this review, please PM me about them.
word count: 526
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”