Hey! Remember the Baby Snatcher?

Balthazar and Yeva

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Hey! Remember the Baby Snatcher?

26 Ashan 720
Yeva was the definition of adorable as she huffed about the boy who'd lied to his friends and in the morning the sides of Balthazar's face would probably hurt from how wide he was smiling- endlessly amused by the story. It made him wonder how she'd survived working with people like Demaki who seemed keen to leap into Balthazar's bed from the moment they met. It was like being in Yaralon all over again with that one. Yeva's huffing turned to a little fluster and Balthazar decided to lay off the questions about the lying boy. It seemed those memories ran into deeper, less pleasant emotions and Balthazar was familiar with those sorts of memories. Best to recall them and forget them in the same bit.

"Food and shelter are overrated. What's the expression? Give a kid a fish and he eats for a trial, teach a kid to fish and he'll eat every trial? Unless he lives in Sirothelle or something like that- but I'm biased. I can build a home anywhere I go in bits." Said the mage who frequently used children and small rewards to get the information he wanted. He'd always been of the opinion that training was all kids really needed. Training was all that separated them from the adults and if they were willing to forgo a little playfulness to learn something useful, Balthazar thought they'd go a long way. All he ever had was training. That was about as far as his knowledge of children went because he had often been so afraid of the idea of having a child of his own. He was good with kids, to an extent. Balthazar was like the fun uncle that every child was excited to spend time with for a little while but every parent knew he wasn't fit to raise children on his own. A fun influence... but not a good one.

"Truth." Balthazar shot back too quickly when Yeva proposed the game. He'd had more than enough drinks to humor something like this but he didn't think it through at all. He could have done practically anything and he wouldn't have felt even the slightest tinge of embarrassment- he was a man of action that way, but if he said things, there was much more room for error. He could stumble over words or reveal his own embarrassing thoughts when bound to the truth. Unfortunately he'd only ever played this sort of game with Isabella growing up so he was more afraid of dares than he was of the truth. Even if it was making his face red."Go on, give me your best shot, Blushes." Balthazar said before his eyes narrowed slightly. Blushes... not quite as good as Matchstick but it felt right for the moment.
word count: 482

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Bellinos: His fingernails are always black. The color fades into his fingers.
Celarion: A dim glowing ring surrounds his left forearm.
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Yeva
Approved Character
Profession: Medic | Crytographer
Renown: 585
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Truth?

She laughed, "The best shot? You can't just go to the best one starting off! That's like dessert first! You gotta... you know," she grabbed at the air, grinning wildly as she tried to think of something else to compare it to, "Build to it. Like um... Well, I don't know." Yeva twirled, closing her eyes as she mulled the possibilities over in her mind, "Okay, how 'bout this...? HmmmMmmmmMMmm..."

Yeva began to hum in thought, steps bouncing as she was tempted to start dancing up the street, "Whaaat iiiiiissss," she chewed on her lip, still humming. She felt good, her body light and warm, the cold night a nice contrast to light head, "Oh!"

A spark of excitement buzzed through her, "What is something that people think you would never be into, but you are?"

That was a good one right? Learning an interesting fact about a scary mage, "I'll go first - wait-" she glanced up, brows furrowing before snorting in amusement at herself, "That's not how the game works....Okay..."

Her face was red but she wasn't as embarrassed as she normally was, "I'll tell you but you have to be honest when you go, okay?" she stared at him seriously, before stepping close and motioning for him to lean down. Balthazar seemed like a wordly man from Yaralon, wherever and whatever that place was. If he leaned down, she would cup a hand to her mouth a whisper, "I like body modifications," she pulled back, glancing at his gold eyes. Maybe it was obvious, given her septum ring, but since having other parts pierced earlier that season, she learned it was something she held an interest in. Most, when learning how innocent she was, were surprised she even had the one. Now she had three, "Like piercings, tattoos, scars, that sorta thing..."

She couldn't tell what he was thinking, and began to smile slowly to break the tension, waving, "Now you go."
word count: 337
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
"What's wrong with dessert first?" Balthazar asked with a big shrug of his shoulders. He laughed softly as Yeva grasped at the air to try and come up with some sort of example but his mind presented no solutions to offer her. Now he was thinking about sweet breads and other baked goods that he'd had once or twice in his lifetime. He didn't get to eat sweet things often. Meals seemed like a waste of his time so he often just got something hearty and moved on... but every once in a while he had something sweet- something worth savoring. If he were ever in charge of children he would certainly let them eat sweets before their meal. Why not? What was the downside to giving them what they wanted?

Balthazar watched with a grin as Yeva moved somewhat rhythmically down the street to her own song. Balthazar felt the same compulsion to dance though he always resisted it. Frequencies were a unique music but he got enough dancing out of Defiance. Even drunk he was more interested in taking a swim through the ground than dancing- well unless he had a good partner. Someone who wouldn't mind getting their feet stepped on more than thrice a song. At last the truth came and Balthazar had to think hard. Something people would never have thought he was into that he secretly was? Well darn... that was hard to think of.

Balthazar considered himself an open book but more importantly, he didn't know how most people perceived him. He was young and yet his hair was white like snow. He was of modest wealth and yet his eyes were gold. People would have made all sorts of assumptions about the glowstick of a mage and he had no real idea what they were. One of the great disappointments with Attunement was that it didn't actually allow Balthazar to read thoughts. He'd been hoping it would allow him to... he certainly wanted to know what Yeva was thinking.

Compounding his inability to come up with a truthful answer, Yeva mistakenly announced that she'd go first before realizing the game didn't work that way. "Too bad, share." Balthazar insisted softly as Yeva decided she would tell him in return for a truly honest answer. He nodded in agreement with her more than fair terms. He definitely wanted to know what she thought would come as a surprise to him. His focus was broken only for a moment when Balthazar saw the redness in Yeva's face and whispered. "Looks like Blushes wins." He said it more to himself than to Yeva but with how close they were it was unlikely she wouldn't catch it.

He was practically giddy when Yeva stepped closer and gestured for him to lean down. A secret! He loved secrets. He obeyed, bending his knees slightly to bring his ear closer to Yeva as she cupped her hand around her mouth. With the secret revealed, Balthazar's eyebrows shot up and he turned to look Yeva over with new eyes. Her ears weren't pierced but her septum was. A cute look. No! Stop thinking that word, Balthazar! Yet he wasn't really just looking for piercings. She'd also said tattoos and scars. He didn't think that most people would consider a scar a modification but it did give Balthazar a new way to think of his wounds that had never properly mended due to his mutations. "If scars count, I'll bet I have more 'body modifications' than you." Why did he say that? He wanted to slap his forehead but didn't because he figured that would look even worse. You're a Yari! Stop admitting you get beat up. "Unless you're hiding some serious tattoos, that is." Good cover, stupid.

"I suppose you could say I'm into soul modifications." Balthazar decided when Yeva put the ball back in his court. He still had to answer he question after all. "Like learning new magics and stuff. I'm up to three now and honestly I'm just happy I'm not a monster or a- a... I don't know... I've heard some bad things about mutations but mine seem alright. I've got nothing that messes with this beauty... yet... well except for my eyes." Balthazar gestured to his face, swaying slightly in the process. Yeva, upon closer inspection of his golden eyes, would notice the slightly puzzle-like pattern residing within them. All Attuners were blessed/cursed with eyes like that. A creeping realization set in after the words had all left Balthazar's mind. Perhaps that truth wasn't too much of a surprise after all. "Wait... wait no. I glow. There's no way you couldn't have guessed I like magic... hmmm..." Balthazar tilted his head slightly and his whole body seemed to lean slightly with the new dome weight.

What was something she'd never be able to guess about him? Something deep, something revealing! What hobbies did he have? Crime fighting and magic. What hobbies did Yeva know about? Crime fighting and magic. What about smuggling? No we don't talk about smuggling with cute girls. But hey maybe she'd make a good smuggler? How big are her hands? No! Balthazar shook the distracting thoughts from his head and tried to keep thinking. How about long walks in nature? You're a Defier, people probably assume you want to sleep with all the elemental spirits. Dang... hm...

At last Balthazar leaned towards Yeva, cupping his hand similarly to how she'd cupped hers for her secret. It seemed he'd finally decided what to tell her. "I like traveling." Then he stood upright. "Partially because one of my sparks imposes it on me, but I love going places and seeing new things. I like meeting people, even if I don't get along with or agree with them... and I like seeing wonderful sights... even if they make me sad." Sometime a waterfall could bring out just the right amount of melancholy. Balthazar seemed to shift his tone quickly, moving more upbeat again. "The world is a big and beautiful place, most people I know never leave the city they grew up in and... I don't want to be most people." A beat of silence and then "Your turn, truth or dare."
word count: 1083

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Defiance: Skin always glows faintly and he is warm to the touch. His is also the center of a field of static electricity so people get shocked touching him on occasion.
Rupturing: Orange etheric cracks spider-web up his arms to his elbows. His eyes and the glowing cracks going down his cheeks glow dark blue.
Transmutation: He has a series of emerald, glowing cracks on his right pectoral.
Marks
Palenon: A silver lightning shaped mark about the size of a hand stretching up towards his torso.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks on Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

"Looks like Blushes wins"

"Stop it," she laughed, hands flying up to hide her cheeks, "The more you point it out, the worse it gets." The last thing she needed was for her chest to bloom, "Your face is red too, so... so..." Words were hard. Yeva stuck out her tongue, fanning her face, "Ha."

Her initial impression of Baltahzar was that he had been rather no-nonsense, if a little amused by violence. But he a playful side, and she seemed happy with his honesty. He told her of his own scars and she grinned, "Oh, I'm sure you do." He had threatened the man in their investigation with practiced intimidation. You didn't get that sort of presence by picking flowers. He must have fought with magic often, a volatile practice, but she couldn't help but wonder if he knew a little hand to hand too, "I only have this one." Yeva tilted her chin up and tapped a small and silver line, that curved with the rise of her cheekbone, smooth - it hadn't been a deep cut, thank the fates - but it broke through the cluster of freckles nonetheless. The memory of how she received it gave her a flicker of fear, but it was fleeting in the rush of alcohol through her body. Although at the idea of her hiding tattoos, she thought of her piercings, and said nothing, her surprise melting into mischievous smile. Yeva looked away and hummed.

They talked some more Balthazar joked about his beauty, and Yeva's brow lifted. Mutations were something she had heard of but knew very little about. He motioned towards his hair, his eyes. Smiling as she looked to see what it was he was talking about - truly looked - she stopped to stare, "Soul modifications..." Oh his eyes... his eyes were beautiful. Tendrils of puzzle lines were faint upon his iris, and she tried to count the pieces. What a strange and remarkable change.

It sounded so mysterious.

Balthazar leaned to whisper in her ear and she was brought back to the street, blinking away the golden mystery, "I like traveling too," she admitted, "One day I might settle down, but you're right. It is lovely. So much to learn." Scalvoris had shown her that. And slavery had shown her the sadness. He threw the gauntlet.

Truth or Dare?

Yeva grinned, given a sudden rush of boldness, "Dare."
word count: 408
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
"Well yes but- but..." Well if the redness had ever left his face it was certainly coming back now. Balthazar looked left, then he looked right, and when he realized looking around wasn't going to help him find a good excuse for his blushing he simply gave in. "Alright, Blushes. We'll keep it to Matchstick around other people." Matchstick wasn't a half-bad nickname either and would probably make more sense on trials where the two of them were together but not drunk as an Idalosian skunk. When Yeva began to fan her face, Balthazar had a humorous impulse he was too drunk to ignore. He waved his hand in a circle in the air and coaxed a small breeze to life around them that he held for a few seconds before allowing it to slow and going. "Nope still hot." Wait, did that come out right?

Balthazar looked at Yeva's lone silver scar with more curiosity than he'd admit. He wanted to know how she'd gotten it but recognizing that his own scars did not all come from great memories, Balthazar decided not to ask and instead Balthazar moved on quickly once Yeva returned to the game. Dare. Oh what have you signed yourself up for? "Oooo, feeling a little bold tonight, aren't we? Let's see how bold you can be, Blushes." Balthazar inquired playfully when Yeva decided on the dare. He had to think about that one. Truth would have been easy given the many curious thoughts Yeva had raised over the last few bits but a dare? A dare?!?! What was he going to dare her to do? What did he think would be a good dare? I dare you to show me one of your modifications? Nah... well maybe... but nah it would work better as a truth. I dare you to go kiss that stranger looking at us? Well now that would probably make Yeva as red as fire so maybe not that one... yet.

Then, as the duo reached the outside of what sounded like a bar, Balthazar realized what he wanted to dare Yeva to do. Making her kiss someone was a step far but in Yaralon nothing truly bad would have come from what he was going to dare her to do. In Scalvoris well... he was an Element so he could bail her out if he needed to. "I dare you to go in there, and slap the first two people you see on the behind, then run out." Now it was Balthazar's turn for a mischievous grin.

word count: 439

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Balthazar made the wind blow, a small gust of wind that felt oh-so-nice on her warm face. She grinned, that smile faltering when he revealed his dare. She took a step towards him, shoulders rising in fear, "I-I-I-" she began to shake her head, nervous laughter spilling in a mixture of horror, "I can't do that! T-They'll get mad!"

Her bottom lip vanished, and she stared fretfully at the building. People milled about outside, some smoking, as the sound of drums played from the depths of the structure. She shot Balthazar a pleading look, but he was grinning and she felt her stomach drop, "What if they chase me?"

The wheels were turning, "What if... What if they catch me?" Scenarios were playing in her mind, each one with a slightly different ending. Yeva, whether she realized it or not, took a step towards the structure, nerves a buzz. Her shoes shuffled across the pathway. In. Out. It wouldn't be hard. Just be confident and give a little slap.

A love tap.

The door opened suddenly and the redhead jumped. "Wait - This is sexual harassment," The realization seemed so obvious but her thoughts were thick. "Balthazar," she reached towards him and pulled away from the entrance, pouting, "I can't do that."

She feared he would find her a terrible bore, "I'm bold, I am, but... They have to consent. That should be a new rule, okay?" she took a few steps forward, tugging on his coat. Yeva hoped he wasn't too disappointed. It was a sensible parameter and a good boundary. Yeva, always thinking of others, "Pick something else, please?"
word count: 284
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
Balthazar had a good laugh at Yeva's heated debate with herself as to whether or not she was going to go through with the dare. What if they caught her? Balthazar offered nothing more than a shrug as reassurance and he let Yeva spin nervously. He wouldn't leave her hanging when the time came but he was definitely going to get as much mileage out of the dare as he could. It seemed like Yeva had finally resolved to go through with the dare, she began moving through the threshold of the door- and then she had turned and was back outside with Balthazar. He didn't mind that she was back but he knew she hadn't finished the dare so quickly. She explained her decision and Balthazar gave her an agreeing nod through some stifled chuckles.

"I can assure you that no one will get mad you gave them a little tap but alright." Balthazar surrendered to Yeva's will and began thinking about another possible dare for her. His face twisted slightly, having a slightly harder time coming up with a second dare than he thought that he would. "So everyone involved in the dare has to consent? Limiting but sensible." An idea struck Balthazar that caused him to laugh aloud but he didn't say what it was because he decided not to use the dare just as quickly as he'd thought of it. Balthazar scratched the back of his head while he thought for a few more trills. He looked around them, quickly eliminating most dares that involved other people because it was hard to gauge what people would and would not consent to. He'd have to limit his dares to the two of them...

"Alright, I've got it." Balthazar decided, "How about this, I dare you to go get two drinks- one for you and one for me- and to carry your drink back outside on your head. Oh! And you can not explain what you're doing to anyone." Balthazar reached into his pocket and produced a few nels for the drinks which he held out to Yeva. "What do you think? Sound fair?"
word count: 369

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

Yeva rocked back and forth on her feet, waiting for Balthazar to choose his next challenge. What he asked for didn't surprise her as much as the last request. He wanted to drink more and she twirled once, thinking it over. Drinking another glass would be folly, but Yeva considered it. As she came back around in her spin, her balance lurched the the side and she went tumbling to the cold ground in a flash of skirt and cloak. Her hands hit the icy cobblestone first and she inhaled sharply, wincing at the pain that now tore at her scraped palms. Her knees smacked the stone next and she made a sound of . Although her face was partially covered by the curls that went spilling across her face, she smiled. It looked... unconvincing, "Oww," she looked down at her cradled hand. She wasn't bleeding but the skin had been scratched raw, "So this is what rock bottom feels like," the joking words were said through gritted teeth, the medic already trying to rise to her feet, struggling as the world seemed to shift like a ship on the sea. Something about her words reminded her of something she once read. What was it? "What a solid foundation to build upon."

Pain subsiding, likely from the alcohol's help, she brushed away her hair with the back of he hand and noticed the gold nel he had been holding for her. Aw, was he going to pay?

Balthazar was nice.

"You're not coming with me?" she asked, managing to untangle herself from the ground and stand on both feet. She swatted at stubborn bits of snow and then slipped the money from his fingers, "I'm not just gonna leave you behind. C'mon, then." to take his money and run? What kind of woman did he take her for? Yeva smiled and bobbed through the front door of the next bar, sighing at the warmth of the room. Her attention honed in on a woman carrying drinks and she confidently, and on unsteady feet, bounded over, "Hi!"

She was grinning and her loud enthusiasm drew a guarded look from the server, "I need two-," she held up her fingers, as if the word wasn't enough, "Two drinks. He's paying." Yeva turned, having assumed Balthazar had come with her and then laughed, "Oh, right. Hold on," Was that supposed to be a secret? Yeva felt so heavy, she wanted to lean. So she did. On the closest chair while the server gauged the scene in front of her, "Here ya go."

Yeva held out the coins, but the woman eyed them both and shook her head.

"Hun, I don't work here."

Yeva blinked, the sentence not yet clicking. The woman held a tray of drinks, but... Yeva looked to the right, where a group of people sat, watching the interaction.

"Maybe you've had enough?"

Her smiled faltered and she panicked, "See that man over there?!"

"Wha-"

Yeva dropped the coins and snatched one of the drinks from her tray and, with speed rather impressive for a woman of her size and intoxication, went sprinting towards the door in absolute shock and embarrassment. This was becoming a terrible habit! She heard a shouted 'hey!' somewhere behind her but she was already busting back through the door, shouting, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!!" In her peripheral vision, Yeva could see Balthazar as she went racing down the street, sloshing beer across her wrist as she went.
word count: 595
Balthazar Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720
When Yeva began to spin Balthazar smiled the sort of smile you only did when you were both surprisingly intoxicated and incredibly amused. Yet when she tumbled his grin shifted to concern and he reached his hand out, trying and failing to soften the earth beneath her. He failed because when he reached out he could not decide between softening the earth and using the wind to catch her so rather than doing one or the other, she just crashed onto the floor. Balthazar moved over to help Yeva up as she commented about hitting rock bottom. He chuckled and shook his head. "You still have far too much dignity to have hit rock bottom." He said as he tried to help steady Yeva while she rose.

"Well thank you, it is good to know I won't be left behind." Balthazar said as the red-headed healer took the nels and commanded that the mage to go with her. He gladly followed Yeva into the tavern and thought nothing of it when she approached a woman with drinks. She had drinks, she must have been working at the tavern. Balthazar watched with more than a mildly amused expression as Yeva ordered the drinks for them and paid. Yet when the woman said she did not work at the tavern and suggested that Yeva had had enough to drink Balthazar's eyes widened in surprise. "Enough? Ha. Nope." Each word came out of Balthazar just a little quieter than the last.

Then came the grand misdirection. Yeva mentioned a man and Balthazar looked, just like the woman with the tray of drinks. Yeva snatched a drink and took off, leaving both Balthazar and the woman behind her. The mage thought quickly, gesturing for the woman with the tray who had just called after Yeva to wait. "I'll stop her and get your drink, wait here." Then he took another drink from the tray, nodded to the woman, and took off behind Yeva. He stumbled slightly but managed to keep the drink from spilling over his wrists too much while he caught up with Yeva.

"Wait for me!" He called while he jogged after her, keeping his drink as level as he could while he ran. He caught up to Yeva while she was shouting apologies at the woman she'd stolen her drinks from."Don't apologize, you are the best! You didn't put it on your head but that was fantastic!"
word count: 417

Visible Mutations/ Marks

Mutations
Marks

Scars

Yeva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

26 Ashan 720

There was something tremendously funny to the woman who had somehow managed to pull the same trick off twice in one night. But, for better or worse, it had worked and her legs took her as far as they could before the burning in her lungs became too much against the laughter that nearly sent her tumbling once more. In the distance, she could hear Balthazar shouting and she only laughed harder, collapsing in a fit of giggles against the wall. She tilted her head back, puffs of white air blooming with every breath. It did not take long for Balthazar to come jogging up the street. He seemed delighted, his smile matching her own.

Yeva was trading her drink to the other hand and shaking droplets of spilled alcohol from her arm when he finally closed the distance. Her fingers were cold, wet. She was tasting her wet palm while he praised her. It was bitter, but that hardly mattered now. Words formed in Yeva's head. She thought to argue with him - as a lawman, he shouldn't have been so pleased to have witnessed a theft and, from the looks of it, participated in the crime himself! Wait - was she the bad influence or was he?

"Aww," his words were sweet, oddly affirming, "Well... Now I 'ave to!"

Pushing up her sleeves, Yeva clumsily wiped the bottom of the glass (half full, as she seemed to think. Ever the optimist, of course). "I'm about to win," the redhead taunted, at the moment whole-heartedly believing the silly game to have a victor, "Truth or dare?" she asked boldly, trying her best to rest the mug on the top of her curls. She wanted very much to perform well, stiff as a board while trying to force her body to gain a semblance of control. It was likely the lower level of contents in the cup, but she managed to hold it there.

Eventually, Balthazar chose dare and Yeva gasped, a mischievous satisfaction emerging, "Give me a ride to the inn!"

She seemed pleased, not quite expecting any sort of agreement but what an opportunity, "Ya can car'y me on your back. I don't weigh much," as she spoke the glass tumbled and she jumped, her drink lost to the same cobblestone that had once claimed her, but she didn't seem to take much note of it. The redhead was already rounding Balthazar, nudging against his side. If he shocked her, she didn't seem bothered. It was the beauty of getting drunk, increased tolerance to pain.

Yeva bear-hugged him suddenly, grinning from behind a mess of hair, "You'd be pretty great if you diiiiid."

word count: 456
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”