• Solo • The Amnesiac, Part 1

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Amnesiac, Part 1

Ashan 62, Arc 720

On the 62nd of Ashan, Devin Thorn, thief, conman extraordinaire and recently initiated Becomer was doing a handstand in his garden. He was leaning against the large apple tree that was covered with numerous pink and white blossoms for a bit of extra support while doing so, and he had closed his eyes because he wasn’t only engaging in acrobatics, but also trying to meditate.

He disliked meditating. Normally, he refused to engage in activities that he disliked because life was too short to waste it on things that you disliked, among other things. Adeline, his mentor, had told him in no uncertain terms that meditation was vital if you wanted to become a mage that was worth his grain of salt though, and thus he’d reluctantly agreed to practice.

He really wanted to get better at magic because magic was a lot of fun, and he intended to create a lot more totems!

He’d decided to meditate on his on terms and in his own way though because sitting on the ground cross-legged, putting his hands on his legs and humming just seemed stupid and boring to him, and so far, it was working comparatively well in his opinion*.

His mind was already starting to feel empty because all the blood was rushing to his head so that there was no room for his thoughts left.

Furthermore, his arms were starting to hurt from the effort of keeping his body in an upright position which helped him clear his mind even further – of all thoughts but the thought of pain. In fact, keeping his arms straight was starting to become a real challenge!

He was just about to think about whether he should continue or not – he really wanted to get better at meditating, but he also disliked discomfort and pain – when he heard a man in heavily accented Common ask, “Hello, sir! Could you tell me where I am, please - and who I am?”

*Had Adeline seen him though, she would have shaken her head and pointed out that he'd set himself up for failure before she forced him to do it correctly.

word count: 364

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: The Amnesiac, Part 1

Devin furrowed his brow in confusion for a moment as the last part of the question didn’t make a lot of sense to him before he abruptly stopped the handstand, landed on his feet again and turned to face whoever had just spoken. A moment later, he did a double take.

In front of him, in his garden, stood a man that had light brown skin, brown eyes and black hair and lots of tattoos. He was dressed in an outfit that was made of fur and leather and decorated with feathers – in short, he was a Sev’ryn; and he looked completely lost and confused.

Devin was just about to inform the man who appeared to be approximately thirty arcs of age and was probably some sort of hunter, judging by the scars that he bore, that he was in Scalvoris Town when said man looked down at himself as if he were noticing his clothes for the first time and complained, “Why am I wearing that strange leather outfit? I don’t like it!”

Devin didn’t answer immediately, but just looked at his surprise visitor for a moment, considering him, before his eyes lit up as he had just had a fun idea and remarked, “Maybe you shouldn’t have drunk so much last night! Come with me. I’ll tell you what happened and who you are – and I’ll give you something to cure you of your terrible hangover, too!”

Having said that, he walked towards the door, gesturing for the man to follow him. The man looked at him doubtfully for a moment as if he didn’t trust him entirely before he shuffled after him, still looking lost and confused and just a little bit unsteady on his feet.
word count: 297

Appearance

• Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Who’s that?” Aidan, Devin’s friend and roommate who also shared his bed every now and then asked and looked up from the pot whose contents he had just been stirring as Devin walked into the kitchen, the Sev’ryn who stared at his surroundings wide-eyed in tow.

“He’s not …” he continued, narrowing his eyes fractionally.

“Nah”, Devin assured him. “He’s just a stray. I found him in the garden. He seems to suffer from amnesia, so I offered to help restore his memory. I already have an idea who he might be”, he revealed, grinning most mischievously before he pointed at a chair.

The Sev’ryn sat down obediently before he looked at Devin and asked, “Stray?”

“Forget it”, Devin told him and turned to face Aidan again who had stopped stirring and looked at him with suspicion. “What?” he asked. “I’m not going to cause him any harm!”

“But Devin”,
Aidan said. “This isn’t …”

“Harm?”
the Sev’ryn who seemed to temporarily have lost the ability to say more than one word at a time interrupted their little disagreement, looking slightly uncomfortable and unsure.

“He was just kidding”, Aidan assured him and smiled at the Sev’ryn in a friendly way before he poured some of the soup that he had been making into a bowl, set it down in front of the Sev’ryn and handed him a spoon. “Here. Maybe my chicken soup will make you feel better!”

The Sev’ryn took the spoon and eyed the contents of the bowl, but he did not start to eat.

“I think he’d rather have roasted bugs”,
Devin pointed out. “Do you remember our trip to Desnind last cycle?”

Upon hearing the word “bugs”, the Sev’ryn’s eyes suddenly lit up. Apparently, Devin realized, he had forgotten who and what he was, but did at least remember what kind of food he liked to eat!
word count: 325

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Devin
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

“Okay, he seems to like the beans”, Aidan observed as the Sev’ryn started to wolf down the dish that he had quickly made with black beans and rice as if he hadn’t eaten anything in trials.

“They look kind of like bugs”, Devin remarked. “They are small and round and dark.”

Aidan didn’t say anything, but abruptly grabbed Devin’s arm and dragged the Mortalborn into the living room.

“We need to talk”, he informed him in no uncertain terms. “What exactly are you planning?”

“Well”,
Devin began, in a tone of voice that made it obvious that he didn’t feel guilty at all and grinned. “I told him that he has a terrible hangover. I planned on revealing the truth to him bit by bit. I have already come up with quite an excellent story, if I may say so.”

“That man is obviously not well. You really shouldn’t take advantage of his predicament”,
Aidan pointed out, crossed his arms over his chest and glowered at Devin.

“Why not?” complained Devin. “I said that I wouldn’t harm him. I just want to prank him a little. The opportunity is too good to pass it up – besides, he doesn’t even seem to like being a Sev’ryn. He told me that he didn’t like the strange leather outfit that he’s wearing. Maybe he’ll like the identity that I made up for him better than his real one!”

“Can I at least give him a couple of different objects in order to find out what he likes and conduct a few experiments?”
he asked and made puppy-dog-eyes at the other man as Aidan continued to look at him disapprovingly. “The people at the Order of the Adunih probably wouldn’t do anything different. I did actually study medicine, you know?” he reminded Aidan.

He was saying the truth.

He had gotten his Letter and Certificate in Medicine; and what more, he had actually worked in a hospital for a while and was a fairly decent doctor – at least when he felt like it.

“Fine”, Aidan grumbled and let out a loud sigh. “But if you don’t end up helping him, we’ll actually take him to the Order of the Adunih! And you’ll make sure that he behaves!”

“Sure”, Devin replied and grinned before he went back into the kitchen to see how the amnesiac Sev’ryn was doing. He had finished his plate of beans and rice in record time, it seemed, and was standing in front of the stove and peering into the pot that stood there now.

Devin watched him for a few moments, stroking his chin thoughtfully. “You’ll need a name, at least until I have found out your real one”, he murmured, as if the man were his newest pet and not the victim of something potentially terrible. “What shall I call you? And what shall I do with you? Aidan is against me pranking you, but if I only prank you a little, he won’t notice.”

“I wonder if I should make you work for me while I try to help you recover your memory – and if anybody is missing you. Maybe they’d pay me money for finding you and keeping you safe”,
he mused. As he said that, the Sev’ryn turned around and looked at him questioningly, as if he were wondering what Devin had just been murmuring about.

“It’s okay”, Devin assured him and flashed him a smile. “We’ll restore your memory in no time!”

“We’ll start now!”
word count: 606

Appearance

Items

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Yrmellyn Cole
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Attuned to the Art
Renown: 106
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Thread Rewards

Overview

Devin's attempts to avoid meditation when he meditates are great fun. But, his attitude to the amnesiac sev'ryn is hair-rising. The man has lost his memory and seems helpless - so Devin is going to have some fun by pranking him a little. And Aidan is to Devin what Jimmy Cricket is to Pinocchio ^^

This was a promising beginning of a series, can't wait to see what Devin will do!

Devin

Rewards and consequences

Knowledge:

Acrobatics x2
Detection x2
Meditation x2

Renown: 5 for feeding the amnesiac Sev'ryn and deciding to help him.

Loot: One amnesiac sev'ryn visitor ...

Consequences: Aidan''s Devin feel-o-meter : Aidan disliked Devin's attitude to the amnesiac. The trend is declining.

Skill Review: Appropriate

Please use the image code below to stamp your request !

Code: Select all

[align=center][img]/gallery/image/15360/medium[/img][/align]
word count: 152
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Scalvoris Town”