• Closed • Lookout from the Towers

A Plot Objective in The Last Knights event. Yrmelln has arrived in Storm's Edge and is making herself at home in a watchtower.

4th of Cylus 720

Beyond the city of Rharne lies the Stormlands, which is home to a number of farms, forests, fields, Lake Lovalus, and the River Zynyx. This subforum also includes the Stormwastes to the south.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Mathias Blackwood
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Assassin
Renown: 70
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Lookout from the Towers #1

ImageImageImage
4 Cylus 720 | Mathias Blackwood | Storm's Edge: Lookout Tower
Mathias was glad that Cole had accepted what he said and not pried further. He was fairly good at avoiding telling people what his work was and part of him wondered if he should be doing the work if he couldn't be proud of it. Maybe he should turn back to carpentry? Or maybe learn to make bows? Despite the slightly distracted thoughts, when Yrmellyn went back to dousing, Mathias peeked through the telescope once more. He saw the same rocks and brush he'd seen since they started though now his cheeks were getting unpleasantly cold and the telescope was not helping.

"I think it's all about perspective." Mathias said, his tone making it hard to tell if he was serious or joking. "I mean, even if you're being pursued, you get to see a lot of cool stuff along the way- and you get to refine your skills... granted that's not really a choice. Survival and all." His voice trailed off towards the end of his sentence and Mathias shook his head as if to cast the thoughts away. When Yrmellyn proposed that they head down and let the knights take over the watch, Mathias nodded. He had no issue letting someone else freeze atop the tower while he found something warmer to do in the rest of Storm's Edge. He was relieved that Yrmellyn had suggested it because he had been growing a little bored by the lack of attacks... not that he was particularly aching to have those frog monsters attack Storm's Edge again.

"I don't think I'd make a great statue so sure, lets get out of here." Mathias said, turning once more to make sure the Lightning Knights were still there and that it wasn't some delusion caused by the cold. Mathias held Yrmellyn's telescope out to her- he assumed it was hers and not the knights'. Whether she took it or not, he'd follow her down into the keep to get warm.
word count: 350
Soren Kvistson
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Tavern Owner
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Lookout from the Towers

REVIEW SUMMARY

Word Count: 5193
Total Post Count: 11
Word and Post Count for Yrmellyn Cole: 6 / 3294
Word and Post Count for Mathias Blackwood: 5 / 1899
Review Request Link: viewtopic.php?f=242&t=20657&start=330#p145178

This was a terribly interesting thread to me. I've not read too many uses of Attunement, but this was by far the most detailed and yet easy to read Attunement use I've ever had the pleasure to read. I enjoyed seeing Yrmellyn's inner thoughts of disapproval at the various things (particularly Mathias' lack of a telescope). Mathias is a breath of fresh air and provides a bit of a dichotomy alongside Yrmellyn. Yrmellyn comes off, in the best of ways, as serious and realistic, and Mathias a bit more freewheeling. Together, they make a great pair. I look forward to seeing more of you both together. Well done.

Mathias Blackwood
Played to Skill Level? Yes

Skill Points 15

Renown +5 for taking part in the preparations for war

Skill Knowledges:
Detection x 4
Socialization x 2
Discipline x 4

Non-Skill Knowledges:
Yrmellyn Cole, an artist

Items and Other Rewards:

Yrmellyn Cole
Played to Skill Level? Yes

Skill Points 15 (can be used for Attunement)

Renown +5 for taking part in the preparations for war

Skill Knowledges:
Attunement:Dousing in vain
Attunement:Dousing for deviations from a reference frequency
Attunement:Dousing for frequencies of holes in the ground
Attunement:Dousing for frequencie of dislocations in the ground
Attunement:Dousing for frequencies of colour shifts in the ground
Attunement:Dousing for frequencies of teeth
Attunement:Dousing for frequencies of monster
Attunement:Dousing for the frequency of heat

Detection x 2
Endurance x 1