Woe's Dustbin

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Woe's Dustbin

4th Vhalar, 721
Dear Mr Morandi,

It was lovely to hear from you, thank you for your reply. I will most certainly attend your job fair on the 41st ~ would it be acceptable for me to undertake the artwork during the same visit? If we arrange a sitting within a few trials of that date, that would seem to be expedient. However, if it is not convenient for you I am happy to attend at your convenience. A park sounds like a wonderful place to base a portrait - the colours especially will be exquisite this time of the arc.

I look forward to seeing you again, Mr Morandi.

With very best regards,

Perdita Westcott.
word count: 114
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

10th Cylus, 721
Dear Woe,

Thank you for your letter, and I hope that this reply finds you well in return. It's certainly true that Quacia was something of a challenging place for me, and you are correct that it was an anathema to everything I believe. For my part, I think that is why I was sent there, as it needed to have the input of a Zuuda, in order to move forward.

I would indeed be interested in meeting up to discuss with you what occurred, and to learn of Quacia from your perspective. We share many of the same experiences, it seems, as my time there involved some spirited negotiations with the Theocratum and a passing acquaintance with the Wounded God. Duties here make it difficult for me to travel this cycle, although I could next. If you happen to have time and wish to visit Rharne, I can meet you in the town itself. I am living outside of Rharne now, in a secluded settlement near Volta.

I'm glad to hear from you, Woe, and pleased to know that you are well.

Regards,

Faith.

word count: 190
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Anonymous Mail
Race: Immortal
Renown: 0

Staff

Cylus 18, Arc 722

A letter arrives, looking very much like all the others on the outside. Within? Well, that's a different matter entirely...

Woe,

You are sticking your nose into matters that don’t concern you, you're being a voice of change and we are warning you now. Stop. By your hand, and the hands of others, Scalvoris is becoming something it has never been and was never intended to be. It’s unnatural and against everything in the old writings.

This abomination cannot continue. Do not disregard this letter or the intent behind it or you - and those you hold most dear - will pay the price.

We are watching. We are everywhere. We will act, without hesitation. Do not cross us.

OOC Information

Alright, let's get the show on the road. Your rank and profile in Scalvoris has attracted someone's attention. You are not required to participate but that doesn't change that your pc did get a letter so keep that in mind.

Here's some additional information for you!
  • Here is the link to a special tracker for pcs that wish to react/investigate/etc: Plot Tracker!
  • Council Members : All member of the council (pc and npc) received the letters.
  • The letter arrived in whatever manner/way your pc gets their normal mail. If you have questions about this, please let a Scalv mod know.

word count: 233
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

To Woe Morandi

20 Ashan, Arc 722

Balthazar Black
&
Elisabeth Angelus

Invite you to share in the joy of their wedding.

100th of Ashan, Arc 722

Haven, Faldrass Island, Scalvoris.

word count: 27
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 119th of Ashan 722

Dear Woe,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write to you since we saw each other in the woods. I hope that you and the kids are doing well. I have been having a hard time this cycle. No matter what I just cant seem to keep smiling like I used to. Well.... what little I did smile. Everything seems to be moving so fast that I am afraid I can no longer keep up with it. I went from living as a street urchin to having a home with many fine pets. Some I don't really know how to care for. Though I suppose no one really knows how to take care of dragons.. I-I received a letter in Cylus that has had me scared to leave the manor. I fear not for myself but for those around me. I don't want more people to get hurt. I don't know what to do.

Best Regards,

Alyssia

Last edited by Alyssia on Wed May 25, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 170
Alyssia
Approved Character
Race: Aukari
Renown: 225
Character Sheet
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 119th of Ashan 722

It is great to hear back from you so quickly. Yes, unfortunately I was afraid that if they had not already been threatened my presence there would put them in danger. I did not want to ruin their wedding in the event the letter was more than just a way to scare me.

I do plan on getting them something made and sent to them as a congratulations and an apology for not being able to attend. I would love to meet your friend Sage. I not only have a dragonling but also a dragonet. I am sure you spotted her briefly flittering around during the ball Devin held earlier in the cycle.

Having you all come out the 44th sounds like a great plan! I will look into a couple of guards coming with me when I need to go out. It just makes me nervous not knowing who it is and what connections they have. I do not want anything to happen to the family I have found. True, I am not blood to anyone I know, but I see Devin as an older brother even Darius feels like a supportive uncle always ready to help. I hope one day to add you and the kids to the list of my family as we get to know each other more.

Be Safe,

Alyssia
word count: 230
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Sitting at her writing desk in Haven House, Elisabeth considered the message she was preparing to write. The universe was currently allowing her a brief respite, and the young leader wished to make further progress on the task given to her by Ethelynda. Forward motion was happening, although at a slow pace.

Elisabeth reviewed her notes and recalled conversations with the settlers and others like Oram. She had a general idea of the plan on a broad scale but also knew where the starting point would be – Faldrass. She had sought opinions and sourced material. The location of such was set as Saoire had offered a place at her school. All that remained was for her to find the artisans to bring the vision to life.

For that, she needed help, and the young mage knew exactly who to turn to.
Arc 722, 1st of Vhalar
Woe,

I hope this letter finds you and the boys well. Please tell them both hello from me.

The reason I’m reaching out is two-fold. When you visited Haven in Saun last arc, we briefly discussed the tasks we were assigned after the conclusion of the Forging. I offered assistance with the task given to you by U’frek and wished to reconfirm my commitment to do so, should you desire it.

Additionally, my task from Ethelynda - to create a memorial to the fallen of the Forging - has reached the point where I need assistance. I have asked Saoire if I could be granted sand that was used in a ceremony I attended on Faldrass right after I arrived in Scalvoris – during Cylus Dusk. She has graciously agreed.

My idea is either a torch or small cauldron that is perpetually lit, made of glass from the dedicated sand, and installed at Saoire’s School when complete. The perpetual flame represents that those lost will always live on with us and never be forgotten.

I’m aware of your contacts and connection to Egilrun and am hoping you know of an artisan that would be willing to take up this task and would be able and willing to assist me in securing their services.

I am hopeful, in the future, that I can create several more memorials in the same vein – Faldrass is just the beginning. I would love to see memorials in Scaltoth, Sweetwine, and Ishallr too.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Warmest regards,
Elisabeth

Warmest Regards,
Elisabeth

word count: 408
Perdita Westcott
Approved Character
Profession: Scholar
Renown: 125
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Sent: 70th Vhalar, 722
Dear Mr Morandi,

I hope that this letter finds you and your family well.

I am writing to you to extend an invitation to Rharne, should you wish it. My mother's ongoing ill health means that I will not be able to return to Scalvoris and so I have decided to make the move here permanent. It was not an easy decision, as I very much appreciate our business relationship and am deeply grateful to you for all the kindness you have shown me.

It is my hope that we might maintain that relationship, should you wish it. I have moved Illuminations to Rharne's Glass Quarter and Eli has opened up a shop which I think would appeal to you. It sells curios and trinkets, items of unusual origin and with interesting form or function. He is an engineer of some skill and he will be making bespoke items also. We have, in the last few trials, procured a home here, and you are more than welcome to visit.

If you wish to, Mr Morandi, I would be very happy to display and sell some items from Egilrun, clearly labelled as such, for the interest of the Rharnian people. Perhaps that is something you might consider, should you wish it? It would be my pleasure.

Mainly, I wanted to write to thank you, most sincerely, for the opportunities you have afforded me. I am in your debt.

With very best regards,

Perdita Westcott.
word count: 249
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”