Kudos Thread

Recognize others for their help and contributions here.

Site News and Discussions here

Moderator: Staff

Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ignoble Thanatologist
Renown: 300
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Kudos Thread

02/03/2020

Special shout-out to Pig Boy.

In one modded thread, he managed to make my efforts surrounding making a character acknowledged, as well as moving the plot forward for future events.

It would've been easy to overlook my character in favor of combat-oriented plots, or high-action. But instead of going that route, he took several pieces of a story, and weaved them into a coherent narrative. I believe that Pig Boy is someone that knows what he's doing, even though he often thinks he doesn't really know.

Congrats. Hope to see more from you.
word count: 102
"No mass graves."

-Vri 720, scolding Sybil for disposing of necromancers.

NPCs: Karlsson, Margaret
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

So it almost slipped past me unnoticed, but I have somehow made it to 100 posts since first popping my head in here at Standing Trials.

I just wanted to express my gratitude to the community for being so welcoming. I came from something of a sinking ship, (but t'was a ship I loved all the same), and joining a new community is always something of an unknown, but you've all been wonderful.

In some ways, I already feel closer to this community than I did elsewhere, despite still being a new arrival.

Thank you to everyone who has written with me or done reviews of my threads.

I especially want to thank Pegasus for answering my dozens of questions, for being patient, and for walking the walk when it comes to taking on feedback and being open to different ideas.

I know I've only just begun to scratch the surface of ST, and there's a lot that I still need to learn about the place, but I'm loving it here so far!
word count: 178
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

I'm so grateful that ST exists - it's an escape from what's quite a grim reality at the moment. So, I'm giving a shout out to all the players of ST.

That said - I want to give a specific thanks and kudos to a few specific folks:

1. The players of Scalvoris. You all rock - from utterly derailing modded threads, bizarre conversations in Discord, wonderful development and writing, and just a great bunch of people telling great stories. Thanks to each and every one of you <3

2. Our Peer Reviewers - you keep the site functioning in terms of the review system - thank you thank you.

3. Our Wiki Workers - a new role that's seen people step up to do specifics, which is really helpful and is helping the site enormously.

4. Squirrel - thanks - you've taken on my hot-headed mad PC doing Tier 2 in 2 skills and you've given her enormous challenge and story potential. I really appreciate it, thanks so much.

5. The players of Rharne - it's been such fun, this Cycle, writing the Storm's Edge stuff - such fun! Thanks y'all, you're fab!

Stay safe and well, all <3
word count: 202
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Profession: Physician
Renown: 838
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Like Darius I also just passed a milestone. It has taken a while but Genna has passed 300 posts.

I have played some type of rpg for years, and I have to say that the friendship that I have found here on Standing Trials has been the best. The players and moderators here not only answers my questions and listed to my crazy ideas but they also encourage my questions, and even take the time to make sure everything is clear. It has been wonderful time and I appreciate especially the focus on story telling.

I would like to say thank you to all of the Moderators who have helped me over the years. Oracle (Miss you), Squirell, Pig Boy, Strange, Octopie and Basilisk. I hope to get the chance to rp with other moderators as Genna moves around.

I would also love to recognize my sisters in the Order of the Adunih. You have all made this group wonderful to play in. Each of you bring something unique and special to rp in the order. Thank you for making this one of the most success organizations I have ever had the privilege to play in. Oonah and Cail you are like siblings to Genna and your writing is beautiful

The Rharne players. What more can I say you are the best. I have fallen in love with the mountain city and its players. I suspect I might be more loyal to them then to some of the RL towns I have lived in.

A special thanks Patrick who has always been happy to listen to my ramblings and always wowed me with the posting templates he is always willing to make. This is in addition to the wonderful time I have role playing with his characters. The depth and skill you posses are a wonder to me. I am glad to see you back, and we can rp again.

Faith/Pegasus/Vega. I honestly am not sure if I would have stayed with out your support. As you are aware I fight through periods of depression, and you have always been an excellent friend, who has never made me feel ashamed because I mental can't write or do anything I enjoy. Role playing with your character has always been wonderful and great fun. Each voice is so unique and yet in a way you Thank you for your friendship and for being a driving force keeping Standing Trials standing.

Again thank you, and here is to reaching future milestones.

Adiya

word count: 422
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

This is post #250, and it seems like an opportune time to...basically echo what I said last time: you are all awesome!

I'm feeling more and more at home at ST, and although I spend most of my days asking questions or reading up on the Wiki to just learn more about the place, I'm getting a better handle on things and finding a rhythm with my PC.

A special shout out to my fellow Scalvorians on Discord, as well as the staff who have welcomed me into their corner of the interweb...and of course to Pegasus, who does so much for this place - perhaps a little too much!
word count: 113
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

~ has not gotten used to using the cool frames yet ~

I've only been here for a few days....but the support I've received is nothing short of incredible. Starting out is always overwhelming but the players in the Rharne discord have made things so much easier. I promise I'm trying not to be a burden!!!

Here's to many more fun days at ST!
word count: 67
Lillen Erralin
Race: Ellune
Renown: 0

Faith and her hubby to be, for giving me the "Gods only knows" thread.
word count: 14

When you are born out of something discarded, cast off, deemed no longer fit, worthwhile, usable, or worthy of meaning, classification, or attention, you have only one direction to go once reborn,
Up.
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Post #500! Wow.

And on the eve of my 1 year of non-memory posting, too!

Just a quick note to thank the regulars: all of the staff, particularly Pegasus and Pig Boy, who have patiently put up with my ceaseless questions; my long-suggering collab partners who frequently have to wait a lifetime for a reply from me, especially Yeva and Oram; my less regular writing partners who I'm looking forward to adventuring more with, like Balthazar, Elisabeth, and Gennadiya; and the people in the various chat servers I frequent who keep life interesting!

A hat tip to you all!
word count: 102
Avalon
Profession: Bootiful Bean
Renown: 0
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

To Peg for fixing my Peer Reviewer account! :D
word count: 8
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Notes:

So I'm at +2000 posts on my mod account (although most of those are admin posts tbh), and thousands of posts between my many hundreds of retired/active player character accounts, so I thought I'd give my thoughts, reflections, and kudos:

I love the player community, it's very rare that I have a problem with a player that can't be resolved by getting my head on straight. I'd go into kudos individually, but I'd be here a very long time, or else leave somebody important out. So I won't do that :P

Most of all though, and I think owing to the site's relatively low-drama levels and stability, I've stuck around for the past two or so years so persistently because of the dedication and understanding of Pegasus and the Team Leaders. Although Standing Trials has always been a good place to rp in the best of times, before she took over it felt like things were often in flux, or that there was some hidden dramas that I wasn't privy to. It often led to an air of anxiety for me, when on site, and made me uncomfortable at times when it came to bringing up my concerns.

Anyway, thanks for your tireless efforts running the site and paying for it, Pegasus. Your fair/kind/understanding community management style has made this the best place online that I've ever roleplayed, honestly.

Pigs.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 260
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “News & Discussion”