Polka-dot Periwinkle And Gold

This is where the majority of dreaming threads will take place.

Moderator: Pegasus

North Magnus
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Aesir Monk
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Polka-dot Periwinkle And Gold

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:34 am

The 3rd Saunterberry of Idalos, Seven Nuns And Ninety Teens. ( S A U N 3, 7 1 9 )

As the crickets chirped outside the city walls, North curled up in a thicket, tail over his snout to keep warm in the humid night. Off, he drifted, to a windy sky of golden sun-backed clouds, and he found himself trotting down a forest suspended in the sky, gnarled roots reaching out to intertwine and bridge the divide. The edge held no threat of falling, offering no discomfort, and lanterns lit every dark corner here. It was peaceful, a land of air that hummed with every leaf it rattled.

Joining him was a smaller creature, barely two feet at the shoulders. It was zebra-striped with a pair of straight antelope horns, yet it moved and had the shape of a wolf as well. It's tail was covered in quills, and it hopped with far more grace and natural acuity than the Becomer. Here, in this otherworld, streams floated through the air over glowing river-rocks, and the two hopped upon them, leaping from stone to stone and balancing with a joyous silence only they shared in this special adventure.

Slowly, the fun drew him in, and his conscious snatched the snare to become Lucid. Blinking and opening his mouth, he Echoed reached deep within himself and Echoed his human ability to speak the words of Man. "South, this place, I love it here."

"Oh, can we stay forever, until we each throw seven stones over the edge?" South said with a giggle, hopping atop North's back and biting on him.

North growled and turned, twisting and bucking, trying to throw the wily Familiar off. "You nit, get off me!" he barked. "South!" He dropped and rolled, throwing the creature off into the water where it plopped with a splash of cool wet. North dove in after him, swimming in the suspended water after his friend. "When I catch you you're going to get it!"
word count: 337
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: +425
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Re: Polka-dot Periwinkle And Gold

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 am

Llyr stepped from one dream to the next, and he found himself suddenly in water. A river? No, it was flowing in the air, not set into ground, but still it seemed to be water anyway. He hadn’t been in water for a long time, it felt like, and so he merely held his breath and glanced around the best he could.

The dreamer of the scape wasn’t far, and he watched as… the dreamer was a creature rather than a man. Not entirely unusual, but he still didn’t expect it now and then. It seemed another creature was with the dreamer, and this wasn’t simply a construct or a shadow of a dream-built entity. The energy he felt from it, seemed entirely different.

The biqaj swam in a languid stroke and eventually brought himself out of the stream and onto a river rock. His pale-white hair hung damp over his elvish features. The tight-fitting, gray clothing he’d been wearing had gotten damp but not as soaked as one might expect from the river streams. He paused, then decided that it didn’t hurt to take a bit of fun while the dreamer went about whatever business he had with his odd little creature and animal-like appearance. Surely, the dreamer wasn’t lucid, as otherwise he wouldn’t still be in the form of an animal, or so Llyr assumed.

He jumped into another stream and started to swim through the cool suspended water. Llyr spun, like only a child born of U’frek could, and his skin glittered in silver specks of illumination. His hair floated out around him, pale like moonlight. His eyes had turned a fair yellow color like meadow daffodils in the hot seasons. He backstroked, then went to his side, and spun around his svelte body despite the long coat and gloves and boots he wore – he swam as if he didn’t have all those clothes on at all.
word count: 341

Etzos

The following visuals are not applicable in the Etzos territory during Ymiden: Gossamer Wings, Halo.

Eyes

Llyr's eyes are constantly changing based on a blend of his emotions.
When an emotion dominates, the pigment expands past his irises to the entire eye - faintly glowing in that emotion's color.
See Color References here.

Mutations

• Gossamer wings resembling a cross between the wings of a dragonfly and a flying ant.
  • An iridescent halo that hovers over his head.
  • Crystalline legs from his toes to the mid of his thighs (like stockings made of quartz embedded into his skin).
  • An ever-moving inky tattoo, with Rorschach-like designs, on his back.

Scars

Llyr currently has 9 major scars, referenced on his CS.
Most noticeable is two parallel lines, with an triangular arrow point connecting them, on the center of his forehead.

Totems

When in a totem's body, Llyr's mutations persist but his scars do not.
North Magnus
Character Sheet

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 am

Somewhere out there, in the great beyond, a theft was committed. One of irony, pettiness, and whimsy in equal measure. No cares were given, and a selfish laugh was had, for all that was stolen was a box of cyan.

Paws slapping the water, North knew he wouldn't catch the little beast of his soul treading downstream. Reaching into the depths of his mind, he felt the presence of the Otter totem strung around a necklace upon his neck and tapped that power, drawing from it that connection. Feeling the Otter guide him, he pulled his back legs together and stretched forward, diving under like a shark and bending his body to and fro until he caught up to his companion. "Ibgbf khtcha!" North blurted through bubbles underwater as his legs hooked around the other canine.

"North!" the Familiar panicked as they tumbled through the river, slamming into stones. The bigger of the two wolves managed to grab the nape of the stripy one, victoriously yanking it as he caught purchase between two stones and hoisted himself out of the water, shaking it from his fur. It scattered, going everywhere. North, let me go so that I may hunt the apples!

Not a chance. I caught you fair and square. Let me revel in this, he smiled through lupine lips. His eyes moved at the sight of something white and gold in the water, and he turned. We aren't alone.

Nyah! The little creature felt alarmed upon hearing this, and he twisted in North's grip until he let go, hitting a stone and bolting for a nearby tree, climbing up into the branches where he cowered in the leaves. I don't like this. Who are they? North, get rid of it. It's icky and made of salt.

It's just a human. Or was it? His bright orange eyes narrowed, and with his feeling of the water, he reached out with his mind and took a step forward. As he did, he lifted his nose skyward, and the water formed a brisk wave that hurtled along before rising sharply with a jump that left the swimmer airborn where the wind was quick to chill him.

"This dream was great until that man came along," North said aloud to his Familiar. "You know what? I'm gonna wake him up."

"Yeah, North! Wake him up! Hehehaha!" the Familiar shouted from the trees, egging him on.

Wind pooling around his ankles as he curled his front down, he sprung forward through the air to another rock, skidding across it, claws clambering. From there he jumped before he fell, or rather flopped awkwardly, on Llyr, the water twisting and churning like it was hitting the edge of a nauseating fishbowl.
word count: 469
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Renown: +425
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:25 am

The swimming was nice, he was able to relax and-

-and a great wave hurtled and knocked him out of the stream. He flew upward, then flipped around with a quiet yelp of surprise for the sudden change in direction. His coat fluttered around him, and felt cold as the wind chilled and dried his clothes.

He heard the dreamer talk, and while he listened, from behind him, wings of gossamer formed. Llyr regained control of his body – for a moment – when he hovered in the air. North? He assumed that couldn’t be the actual name of the dreamer… and…

Wake him up… Dream…

Llyr caught the canine as North jumped onto him. He simply let himself fall, and even placed his hands in the fur to hold the other dreamer from getting too close with those teeth. The biqaj said, “Your eyes are already open? You know you’re dreaming?”

He scrambled out from under the dreamer, and then sat up. For a moment, he fixed his hair and then his wings fluttered behind him. He lifted to his feet and levitated over the rock.

“Who are you?” he asked. “If you’re awake, how come you are a dog?”

He’d been through so many dreams… but dreamwalkers were so rare comparably. They were easily one in a hundred dreams, maybe more than a hundred even. Llyr frowned, then he fixed his coat some and looked over to where he’d heard the Familiar shout from the trees. He called out, without expectation to be denied an answer, “And you! What are you that you also know but you are not the dreamer? What are you?”

word count: 286
North Magnus
Character Sheet

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:35 am

By and large a single thread snapped in North's understanding as his jaws hurtled through the water with a frightening dive towards Llyr's body. When wings sprung forth from the man's back, the dreaming shaman recoiled, feeling a hand press firmly against his chest as his weigh began to sink the winged one's head beneath the water. Before that could happen, he heard those words, and the scent of Ether graced his nostrils.

Immediately North pushed off, yielding himself to the turgid waters, pulling himself up onto a large stone and shaking himself off. Tail low, he turned his head to look back at the other man with a silent curiosity, studying him. "Would that be the same for you?" North asked.

Now I really don't like the salty thing with chicken wings, rattled the Familiar in a worried voice. Two questions were posed, and when confronted with the one addressed to him, South shyly exited the dream into another realm, nowhere to be found nor sensed.

North was quite the opposite. "You've never seen a wolf before? I am no dog, butterfly man," he said, taking a step forward with a meaty haunch of curiosity to drive him on. There was a rising ring of stones above the fluctuating rapids that North now stepped between, pausing with Llyr close in the air. "So then, those wings. You're a Fairy aren't you? I've read of your kind in books." Children's stories, specifically, though he left that fact unsaid.

North's form was quite large as he sat back on his hinds with his front paws hooked in front of him. "You ruined a very special dream, interloper. That was my Familiar, an Ose Bori. My name is North, his South." His head tilted, voice dipping as he went off on a tangeant. "Nobody has ever seen or heard him before, this place must make him more exposed. I should remember that we're vulnerable here."

Touching himself upon the chin, he hummed to himself, and then answered that question from before with more clarity. "I'm a Becomer, a mage that can take bodies and shapes, and also someone who is often awake in their Dreams. I don't know why exactly; it started happening after I went missing in the forest when I was young. I would often muse that the Induk Myrkvior took me under her wing and gave me the gift of dreams. That's all I know. Maybe you could tell me more about this place, and who you are?"

word count: 441

Return to “Dreamscapes & The Veil”