• Closed • Ghosts and Zombies (Qit'ria)

Aneka fights some undead and holds her own along with one of her new squad mates

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderator: Oracle

Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight: Inquisitors(Watchmen)
Renown: +37
Character Sheet
Secrets
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Ghosts and Zombies (Qit'ria)

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Ghosts and Zombies

Ymiden 20, 719
Aneka had been given an assignment, she would be leaving to go to the Zynyx Market in a few trials and she was given command to a group of new recruits. First order of business was actually learning her team's strength or weaknesses, or at the very least learn who they were.

She met up with one of the members of her soon to be squad, the others seem busy and was unable to join, probably their mentors training them or with another errand. She decided to do a small patrol in the Dust Quarter to see if how much this guy knew about the basics.

The person that showed up is a young man, Half-Aukari, short red hair and a serious look on her face. Great... She thought and looked him over. He seemed well-built, probably a soldier before or at least very disciplined by the looks of it.

"Hey there, my name's Aneka. You're... Arkey right? One of the initiates that will join me for Zynyx in a few trials?" She asked and crossed her arms, she gave him a smile but it was somewhat forced. She was glad they were having more recruits that at least seemed competent, but she didn't trust him in the least.

"Yes Ma'am." He replied, loud and respectful, followed by a salute. Aneka just rolled her eyes at that.

"Cut the Ma'am crap for now, just wanted to see I'm gonna be working with for now. Come walk with me. Keep your eyes peeled, should just be a quiet patrol, but still be on guard." She said and started walking down from the heavily fortified gate down to the Dust Quarter.

The streets were cleaned and well maintained thanks to Faith and her people, but the recent attacks have pretty much ruined that, burnt houses here and there, some still being worked on, or removed to be replaced.

"I assumed you lived here, in the Dust Quarter I mean." She said as she walked down the street.

"Yes, I was... Born and raised." He said, if he had any emotion or reaction to what Aneka said he didn't show it. He seemed stoic and serious when it came to his words.

"Right, raised... How's that been working out for you? Must be tough living around here... In the Dust Quarter I mean." She said, she looked back towards him, she didn't mean to probe him with rather loaded questions but they seem to just slip out.

Arkey didn't seem to mind either way. "It's been a hard life, but people have got it tougher." They continued on, in silence for a moment, she really didn't have much to talk about, but the quiet was a bit awkward for her.

"So... Been in the knights long? You seem to well disciplined." She asked and looked around for a second, something was a bit off, there weren't many people here, but she felt like something was watching her.

"I had to be to survive, keep quiet and follow the rules, and I'll be fine." He said and he stopped suddenly. "We're being-"

"Watched, I know, but I don't know who, no one is here, keep an eye out and keep moving, they'll make a mistake eventually." She said and kept walking, and pretending to not notice. Arkey followed quickly to make up the space and kept an eye out, he seemed on edge.

Everything was a bit too quiet, a lot of people died during the last cycle, hopefully there aren't any new undead that'll rise up and attack them or any ghosts watching them.

"Common", "Rakahi"
word count: 638

Return to “Rharne”