[Memory] Finding Hannibal

The cities and villages of Melrath are as varied and diverse as they come. The capital of Raelia is the the jewel of this western kingdom, playing host to a merchants, artisans, Aesir priests, as well as a cut throat political landscape dominated by the nobles of Raelia. To the south in the depths of the Myrkvior Forest lies Melrath's second largest, and oldest city, Fensalir. Here people have learned to live alongside spirits and the natural world by maintaining their loyalty to traditions laid down the first Melrathi. To the east lies the small fishing village of Noatun, and to the western mountains rests the Mer city of Verimeer, the brewing town of Alivilda and the alpine village Vormund.

Moderator: Oracle

Jasper
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Aesir
Renown: +15
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

[Memory] Finding Hannibal

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:27 am

Ashan 41 Trial 718

Jasper ran throught the park around the Aesir's citadel. He wasn't actually going anywhere just enjoying the run and the chance to be out in the nature and burn off some energy. The farm boy, each trial made a point of getting out of the buildings and studies. On the farm growing up he had found life much easier to balance. Each trial had physical work that had to be done and he found time to spend in nature and time to expand his mind.

Here in Raelia and as one of the Aesir Jasper was finding it more difficult to keep up that balance. The young man focused on that balance in his life and so he was out this morning running. He enjoyed the feel of the wind as it blew against skin and caught strands of his hair. His cotton shirt clung against his skin as he began to slow down. Jasper kept a steady pace as he slowed and then contiuned to walk not stopping. He allowed his heart rate to progressively slow down.

He was making his way towards the citadel of the Aesir now knowing that he had stuff to take care of for the Trial. As he walked he ran a hand through his hair trying to remove some of the sweat that had accumilated and was turning a bit chilly in the morning air. It took only a few moments for his to cross the open spaces and enter the main hall of the citadel. Jasper paused for a moment as he came upon on of the door "greeters".

"Oh Jasper, Delori has asked for you to meet with her in her office." He said as the young man passed by. Jasper raised an eyebrow but only said.

"I will head over ther."

Jasper walked with a firm step across the main navel of the building to the Lore Masters wing. Delori was a high ranking Lore Master but she was also over assignments for the lower ranks. She couldn't actually order someone to move locations but if you wanted assignments to show your value she was the one to talk with.

So it was that he came to her office. Delori looked up and smiled at Jasper, it was a speculative smile that made you wonder what she was thinking, or how much clothing she pictured on you.

"Thank you for coming Jasper." She said like Jasper had any real choice. "Please sit down, we are waiting for another to join us."

word count: 435
Emil
Race: Human
Profession: Skadiri
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Re: [Memory] Finding Hannibal

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 am

Emil would wake up just as he would any other trial. Getting up and getting ready for whatever he would have to be taking care of throughout the trial. He'd make sure to put his jacket on before he left. Despite it being a good bit into the Ashan season he found that the temperature hadn't raised quite enough yet to warrant not wearing it. Especially as the morning still carried with it a crisp and chilly breeze.

After leaving his small military dorm room Emil would begin to make his way to his leader to see what he would have to take care of for the day. It would take him just a few bits in order to make his way down to the training room which served as the groups meeting place for orders, and other things. He'd walk inside arriving earlier than most of the others, except the two who somehow always got there first, and would get in line as usual. After everyone arrived to get into the line for instructions they would be given rather simple orders.

"Okay everybody we've got another trial of training in store for all of you ready, or not. We'll start of with some basic combat training as usual, and switch to endurance building training afterwards. Now hurry up, and get whatever you think you need for combat training." He would say to the group at which they would each disperse in order to gather their training items. "I said hurry up didn't I?" He would ask at which everybody including Emil would begin to put a bit of pep in their step. Though as Emil was preparing himself for training with some basic stretches he would hear his commander's voice right behind him.

"You're not training with us this time Jacket you've got something else to take care of." He would say to Emil at which he would turn around slightly surprised, but not showing it. The man moved so naturally quiet that it was nigh impossible to hear him walk up to you. "The Aesir have requested someone be sent to help one of the Shamans with something. I'm not quite too sure on the details as much wasn't given to me. The thing is the higher ups want to see what sort of progress everybody in this group is making so I have to send one of my trainees. You're probably the best suited to job so I'm sure you'll handle it fine. Rest assured that if anything goes wrong with this you won't have a job to come back to. That's all so you're dismissed. Now hurry up and get to the Aesir Citadel. You're gonna need to talk with one of the Lore Masters, her name is Delori." He would say in his usual laid back tone with some thrown in words of strict disciplinary action.

With these unusual orders given to him Emil would begin making his way to the Citadel of the Aesir. Living in Raelia all his life he was quite familiar with where the location was so getting there wouldn't be a problem. However the layout of the building itself would be a different issue entirely. He didn't have much clue as to how he would locate the Lore Master he was supposed to be looking for. Though he supposed there would have to be someone in the building who could give him directions to her. This would largely be the only train of thought that would occupy his time as he made his way to his destination. Quite unusually so as his mind was generally filled with many other, more interesting, thoughts.

Emil would arrive at the Citadel with good time thanks to his near constant speed walking. Plus this job would be bounds more interesting than just another trial of training, and he was only the slightest bit eager to start. He'd enter into the building looking around for clues as to what to do next. Though before he could look at too much of anything a man would approach him.

"Can I help you sir?" He would ask with a polite business tone that practically asserted the fact that he worked in the building. "I'm a Skadiri, and I was sent here to speak with Lore Master Delori. Could you direct me to her location?" He would ask not bothering to feign a more polite voice instead of his typical monotonous one. "Sure thing sir why don't you just follow me, and I'll have you there in no time." The man would respond back flashing a small that you almost couldn't tell was forced. A sign that he was clearly good at his job.

Emil would follow the man through the building moving a bit hastily as the man leading him seemed to have a sort of hidden urgency to him. Emil would note any twists and turns they would take in order to help insure he'd be able to exit the building unassisted. Though with him focusing on doing that they had reached their destination in no time. The man would stop motioning to an open door once again flashing his false smile. "Well this is the place just go ahead and step inside I'm sure she's expecting you." He would say before quickly making his way back to the entrance of the building.

Emil would then move towards the door not entering, but stepping into the doorway as to be seen by those in the room. "Excuse me I'm with the Skadiri, and I was sent to speak with you Lore Master." He would say looking into the room, and seeing the two people inside. He would then stand in the doorway waiting to be addressed. Not necessarily out of politeness, but of knowing some would take badly to him entering the room unannounced.
word count: 1007

Return to “Melrath Cities and Villages”