Closed [Zuudaria] Family Gatherings, Augustin Style

Any threads taking place in the Immortal Domains should be posted here and tagged with the name of the Immortal.

Moderator: Pegasus

Faith Augustin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

[Zuudaria] Family Gatherings, Augustin Style

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:01 pm

1st Ymiden, 719
"I am simply pointing out," Faith said, as they made their way, hand in hand, to the mausoleum, "that it is one less thing to do. It's practical, rather pretty, in a nice location and close to family." She was mostly teasing him, of course, but it was easy to do so. Poor Padraig was never comfortable in discussions of death and such. Their twin graves were side by side in this realm and she glanced at him with the slightest of smiles. He knew her too well to think that she was anything except entirely focused, however. The job they had here was immense, she knew it and she was more than a little overwhelmed. But, Faith was who she was, and
she had a job to do. So, she would do it to the very best of her abilities and, without a doubt, she knew that he would be there with her.

"The first time I was allowed out," she said, quietly. It was rare that Faith spoke of her time as a slave, but since the time she'd had amnesia and spoken to him much more honestly, she'd mentioned it, now and then. "I went into the gardens in Andaris. There were so many people, I had never seen so many. And a large building, looming over the skyline. I'd been in the undertakers for an arc, then, and it was astonishing." She sighed slightly, and looked down at her feet. "I took off my shoes to feel the grass under my feet, picked some herbs and met a man. Malcolm. I gave him some of the herbs I'd picked, because he was going to be cooking some beef." Faith smiled and shook her head just slightly. "It was Ymiden, 716. Three arcs ago. Just three arcs. I found it hard to look in his eyes, and I certainly couldn't speak up." Stopping in her tracks, she kept hold of his hand and looked at him. "Don't you say what you're going to say." It was rare that Faith was stern, but in that moment she had a definite glint in her eyes. "I couldn't do any of it without you. You freed me, Padraig, in every way that matters."

With a slight twinkle in her gaze and a smile which told the truth of her inability to be strict with him for long, she added. "Thanks."

Into the mausoleum they went, where Faith had asked for a general meeting. Zuuda, wisps, the troops they were in charge of here. General. She was supposed to be a general of war and she had prayed to Famula, to Vri, to Moseke and Ymiden that she might actually be up to the job. She had faith in Famula, and it was her choice so Faith knew that she just had to trust, and do her best.

Straightening her back, Faith walked with him, their heels clicking on the stone of the aisle as they moved to the front. There, she stood at the podium next to her husband. "Thank you for coming." Faith spoke calmly - long gone were the trials where she was nervous speaking in public. The professor had swallowed her nerves when teaching. Yet now she felt them rise again at all those gathered. Because this was something else again. But she had a job and so, she had to be what was required. "We need to build up resources and information, allies and knowledge. I have here," she put her hand on the satchel. "Parchment. We are setting up a command central here. I have maps, and I want every bit of information we have. First, numbers. I have a piece of parchment for each of you. Please put the following information on it."

She pulled out a large scrolled up piece of parchment, which had the following written on it in in large letters so they could put it on the wall for everyone to see.:

Name:

Race / Role: (Zuuda, wisp - if Zuuda, please explain level of blessing)

Other skills:

Other marks:

Items which might be of use:

Military Experience:

Intelligence Gathering Experience:

Existing Allies You Could Call:

Possible Allies:

Possible / Existing Threats:

Preferred Role in this:

Any other information:
"I have a ..." reaching into her Domain bag, Faith started pulling out said items. "Box for each city, and some spares in case I've missed anywhere. Please fill in this information and then we can start using our resources to the maximum." She glanced at Padraig and smiled. "While you are doing that, Padraig is going to speak to you about the sort of intelligence he wants gathered, in his role." Because while Faith was doing her usual, Padraig was about laying traps, trying to trick Ellasin and most importantly being prepared for any and all attacks. So, what he sought might be somewhat different. She had, of course, told him what she was going to do in order for him to be prepared.
Off Topic
FYI and recorded in my CS:
20 x Echo Scrolls.
10 x Echo Boxes
10 x pairs of Kindred bracelets
5 x cloak of hiding
Last edited by Faith Augustin on Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 892
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Padraig
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +619
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 29

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Zuudaria] Family Gatherings, Augustin Style

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Pretty? The mausoleum was pretty? Padraig quirked an astonished brow and shook his head, with an amused snort under breath. A grand feat of architecture, of a sort, to be sure. Even a work of art...if you liked that sort of thing. But considering his, ironic, personal aversion to all things dead, dying, and refusing to completely die, as it were, it wasn't exactly his...thing. It was where his mother resided, however, and so he'd never say it to her out loud. The place unnerved him and his worst fear was that he might inherit one trial. But that, he thought, was more for his mother's champions.

"One might hope we conduct our family reunion get togethers elsewhere," he teased, and nudged her, somewhat irreverently. "It would be a ghoulish affair at best." So, right, enough with the dead jokes. They had work to do. But he'd freed her? On that point, he was quick to argue. "Particulars aside, Faith, it was you who freed me...I hadn't even known I needed it until that trial you showed up at my door." But in they went, and Faith fell into her role as General quite easily.

He watched as she distributed the parchments among those gathered. Of course, she knew all about him already, anything he'd have written down. But if she insisted, then he'd also fill out one of himself. "Information is critical," he told them all, when Faith turned over the floor. "We need to know where Ellasin and her minions are, where they've been, where they're going next and then again, after that. We have to be three steps ahead of her. We need to be able to anticipate what she's thinking or what she'll do next."

This was where their contacts were important, he told them. Associates, acquaintances. Friends. Friends of friends. "Networks within networks. Those that overlap and intersect. Those that can get close without being detected. With effort and a little bit of luck, we can get close enough to actually manipulate her plans and movements without her so much as realizing." Ideas, plots and movements that Ellasin would be convinced she'd contrived from the start. "Communication then is as critical as the information itself,' Padraig said. "Without that, the knowledge gained is as good as useless and we're going in blind. What about scrolls?" he considered, turning to Faith. Did they have any? Did they have enough of them. Would the scrolls even work in this instance?
word count: 429
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Profession: Lightning Knight Initiate
Renown: +272
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:03 pm

"So, how would you do it?" Grey asked as they followed Faith and Padraig's shadows, trying to break the eerie silence of the mausoleum barely interrupted by the idle conversation up ahead. Honestly, it wasn't the graves that distracted him, shining black marble with streaks of silver, unnaturally clean and completely unweathered. Nor the perpetual din, broken by a low unnatural light from every direction as if viewing the world through a filter of some kind; no moon visible through a thickly-clouded sky, not even the faint glow of its reflection. It was just the knowledge that they were somewhere else. At any moment he expected the world to shift suddenly and wake up in a field of corpses all over again, staring up at a dreaded tornado of--

His throat squeezed, hard. In his incredible unease he almost reached out to grab a tombstone for support, and threw a silent prayer that the two up ahead were engrossed in their conversation. "Hey. Stay with me." Nobody else knew. He hoped not, anyway. What happened back there need never be spoken of again, to anyone. The things-- the thing he'd done. If only he could forget it entirely, banish it from his memory and live in ignorance of what lay just beyond the veil. A living graveyard a thousand times worse than this place. Would that he could. "Come on, we're lagging behind." Nir'wei took as deep a breath as he dared, chilling his lungs with the frigid air and jogging after the two into the Mausoleum.

With as little interference as he could manage he took up a space with his back to the wall nearby, mingled lightly with the crowds, only set apart by the wolf sitting practically on his feet. Moral support, he'd called his reasoning for being here. Wanting to see a little more of just how much they were dealing with first-hand, not that he was a general of any kind. Hell, hardly even worthy of a military title at all. Perhaps now was a good time to start, though. What better call to arms than this, he thought to himself, staring out over the arranged pews and tables. Quite a force. "You never answered my question," Grey spoke out abruptly.

"Huh?" he asked back softly, trying to keep his attention on the pair at the podium.

"How would you gather followers of Karem and utilise them, like she's doing?" Nir rolled his eyes, before catching himself and looking to make sure nobody'd just seen that. Don't give off the wrong impression and spoil everything now. "What? You don't think it's not worth it? Hunters one and all, tracking down an elusive foe covered in shadow and secrets?"

The wolf made it sound so sporting. Like a game, or a competition, instead of a mass extermination. "Come on, I don't have the authority to draw something like that," he whispered as papers were passed around the room and he diligently took a small stack to hand out between a handful of the gathered. "Why listen, why bother, why put all the effort. For my sake? I don't even know who they are, so they definitely don't know about me. And resources-- don't even get me started." Unthinkable.

"You think authority really matters here?" Who the hell was this wolf and what had they done with Greyhide. "Do you think they're following Faith because she's their General, or because deep down, they see this opportunity to take down a common enemy, one of the biggest common enemies not only between everyone here but likely across a good deal of Idalos, and they want to seize it now while there's a chance it might succeed?" He frowned, paused for thought. "What's the bigger motivation. Duty to proper protocol? Or the willingness to stand up and do what is right for the good of the world?" Well, Famula be damned if that wasn't a good case to put forward.

Slowly he hovered back towards the podium to linger with the two, idly scratching Grey's head and wondering just how many people this mausoleum could fit.
word count: 717
Faith Augustin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm

1st Ymiden, 719

Half a million Zuuda should not fit into this space, but they did. Five thousand Wisps, too. It was a feat of ... well, probably not magic, she supposed, but equally it seemed like it to her. They had given out the information request and people had come back, filled in and done as she asked. Then, there were Domain Bags and Faith nodded. "On the 11th Cylus, I asked you to begin preparing. Yourselves, certainly, but also, I asked you to bring things here. Well, here is where we'll put them. Resources, all the resources you have. We've labelled the bags to put them in."

Indeed, they had. Faith had asked them to bring information on Ellasin, the Coven, Necromancy. Any and all intelligence or information on the people in there, where they were, anything. There was a large box for that. Then, there was another for herbs and medical supplies, a Domain Bag for armour and weapons, one for alchemical reagents, as Padraig had asked for, another for anti-magic and magic detection, and another for traps. Those had been Padraig's requests. Then, finally, there was an "and anything else" bag, which might have something.

She watched as they did as she asked, and she prayed to Famula, Vri, Moseke and Ymiden in thanks for the preparation these people had done. She could not be more pleased or proud. "I have not got the words to thank you all," she said, honestly, as they settled back down. "The plan is that we will have ... well, I believe that proper military types call them "cells". Fifteen of them. Each one headed by either a Champion or Exalted of Famula. Throughout Idalos. If we need more than that, we'll expand. But each cell will exist independently. Those of you who have the Greater Servants' Mark ability, I want you to use it on each other, it stops us from being manipulated. Everyone stays armed and everyone stays in contact the best way. Cells will work on a number of tasks simultaneously." Please Famula, Faith thought, let her sound like she knew what she was talking about.

"The Cell Leaders will determine the way they do this, the only person who will know all the information is me. Each Cell has the following functions," Faith had a lot of knowledge of tactics, and she'd finally had to stop pretending that she didn't. She didn't like it, she didn't want to hurt people, but she was in this role and she would do her best, or go home a failure. And failing Famula was not an option to the young fanatic. "Intelligence gathering, resource collecting and targeted strikes." There was more detail and she gave it. Intelligence gathering was on Ellasin, the Coven, their allies and supplies. From that, they would determine targets. Faith wasn't interested in waiting around to react. They were taking the fight to her - so primary target was, and always would remain, Ellasin. But members of the Coven, Coven strongholds, Necromancers and those who added to Ellasin and the Coven's power. Cutting off their supply lines, weakening them. That was the job of the Cell Leader - to use what they had to determine the target, in conjunction with her.

Later, she'd include Carter in that number. She and he and Padraig would have to work together. He was too much of an asset for her to do anything else.

"Then, resource collecting. Anything and everything. The strange, the obscure, the unusual. Make sure that you keep seeking out these resources. The same list that we gave you on the 11th Cylus applies. We will keep the deposit boxes here." That made sense to her and she knew that she had to now move to a part that was not comfortable for her. "Targeted strikes. We need to weaken the Coven, and we need to do it in a clever way. If we learn that they are going to attack on the twenty fifth, then on the twenty fourth, we attack them. One step ahead. Every time. We have to be. This information will be shared, but in a general way, with Cell Leaders. We have to weaken her as much as we can. She has an eternal resource."

And then, Faith turned and started to speak to another group. A not-yet-used group. "And so, we turn to the ghosts, the Wisps. Ellasin's greatest resource is the dead. The bodies of those who have died. I want us to develop an 'invisible army' of ghosts who, either when we are attacking or defending, can possess the bodies of the dead. Break the chains of animation, turn her weapon against her. It must be temporary, of course, and it can not be harmful to the souls of the deceased. We are doing Famula's work, and in Famula's name. But I want to create groups, much like the Zuuda Cells, where you each lead a group of ghosts, and form part of every attack and defence we have. Possessing the body of the dead, to break the necromantic hold." Faith breathed in and she smiled a tight, rather mirthless smile.

Because now, now they were getting serious. "Padraig is going to start working through these resources. I am going to start assigning people to Cells and Ghost-Groups. I would really welcome some input on this, as an idea." She knew that she was a novice in terms of experiencing doing this herself. Yet, she had knelt next to King Cassander in Velijorn's tent and, on that trial so long ago, she had begun to learn the tactics of war. "It's going to take a few trials to go through all this. In the meantime, I wonder if there are any of you who might have other ideas? Things which could be time sensitive and so we should enact now?" Faith looked around with calm and hopeful silver eyes.
Aegis Feedback wrote: It was Lemont who spoke up and, later, Faith made sure to go and thank him. “Faith, I worry about this use of the Wisps. They will have to give up their purposes to do this. And they aren’t all soldiers. There’s just as few soldiers among them as there among us. We, as Zuuda follow Famula, and thus you as Wartime General, but these souls are not servants like us. They are those which we care for. Do you feel this is the best course of action?”
She looked at him and considered, albeit just for a moment. But a moment was all it took. "No, absolutely not," she said. "I want to be clear. This does not over ride your Purpose. It can not. Your Purpose, you, you are who we serve. So this is what we'll do. Each of you is anchored to a Zuuda. I would ask you to consider moving that anchor to one of the Cell Leaders. But it is a choice, not an order. Then, within each Cell, I want each Cell Leader to know which Wisp is anchored to which Zuuda. The use of the Wisps, and thus other ghosts, is at the discretion of the Cell Leader. I ask you, each Wisp in the room, to help us as much as you are able without breaking your purpose - I believe that this is what Famula wants, and I want to be clear on that. So, the aim is the same one - and we add in the recruitment of ghosts in order to create this "Invisible Army" wherever possible. As much, and as many as you can." She looked around and then asked, without hesitation. "Does that work better?"
Aegis Feedback wrote: Lemont nodded his head and leaned back in his seat.

! Message from: Aegis
Your intelligence gathering allows you the following:
You have found intelligence on up to ten artifacts. Six of these are anti-magic generally, four are specific to Necromancy. Write these up, submit them in the development thread, and I will approve.
Of the artifacts, you have three. This will be my choice, I’ll inform you when I approve them.
Your resource gathering allows you the following.

Wells:
You have a stash of approximately 5,000 wells. These are
4000 Emean Wells
10 Divine Wells
900 Soul
90 Spirit Wells
These are of the following strength:
50 % Novice / Competent
35% Expert
15% Master+ with no more than 1 Miracle Stone.

Herbs / Medical Supplies / Poisons:
With the number of people you have, etc, you may assume access to all herbs / medical supplies / poisons.
You may also write up up to ten new flora, which are obscure and may be specifically targeted / useful against magic. They can not be used until I have approved them.

Equipment:
You may assume that all NPCs are armed and armoured with expert level equipment. There will be one masterwork weapon per PC available from 1st Ymiden. This will require the PC to RP out the receiving of this item, and is expected to be returned following a successful defeat of the coven.

Alchemical:
With the number of people you have - you may assume access to all common - rare alchemical reagents.
You may also write up up to ten new reagents, which are obscure and may be specifically useful in this fight. They can not be used until approval.

Wisps:
This will be revealed in later threads.
word count: 1601
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Padraig
Approved Character
Renown: +619
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 29

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Padraig couldn't have been happier that it was Faith and not him, who kept everything and everyone organized, and put them where they needed to be. He'd have made a mess of it. Periodic tables probably weren't that different. But that was chemistry and what Faith was doing here was a different kind of science completely. She probably didn't even need a list and could as easily store it all in her head, then pluck it out when need be. He admired that in her, and was grateful.

He only needed to know, what he needed to know, lest his brain start itching. It was for him then to go through the resources they had, and that he could do. Beginning with what might help them to track down or detect Ellasin or her minions. "So first," he said, "we have a fire well, but one altered with the use of alchemy. This is what is known. When held by a Zuuda, Famulaborn, Velduris or Karemborn, the gem will guide you to the nearest Thrall or creation of Ellasin. It runs hot and cold...Hot when you're close, cold when you're not."

"Also," he added, "When held by Faith or Kura, the gem will show a direct line of Ellasin's phylactory. Though this will only happen while in the same plane of existence. However, there's a drawback to this one. While actively tracking, the stone will draw blood from the wielder at a rate of point five liters per break." Not optimum, but the implication was clear. Take care not to use the thing too long at one time.

"This one," he said, picking up another fire well which glowed when he touched it. "will grow hot when you are within a one hundred meter radius of ellasin's body. When held by anyone at all, the gemstone will allow them to see a hallucinated Ellasin form walking in the direction of her body. Though again, only while in the same plane of existence.

The Fire Well glowed brighter as the ingredients that had been applied to it were activated by heat. The well's own ability to absorb this heat, also allowed it to absorb these heated reagents, and such, they disappeared into it, forming an alchemical gemstone. This was no longer a Fire Well, and no longer had the inherent functions of the Fire Well. But there are drawbacks, just like the other,"
he warned. "During use, memories are drained into the stone, starting with the most recent and working backwards."
word count: 431

Return to “Immortal Domains”