Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Lissira's Curse

Name: Lissira's Curse
Quick Facts:
Height: 15-20 meters
Width: trunk; 1-3m, canopy; 7-12m
Fruit: Smooth, heavy and brightly coloured.
Poison: Secretes allelopathic chemicals. Very poisonous to humans and animals (with the exception of most carrion-eaters) with poison found in its leaves, sap, fruit and roots.
Native to: Across south central Idalos
Locations: Temperate and tropical forests throughout Idalos

Appearance: A tall and imposing tree, at first glance one would not know that consumption of its leaves, roots, sap or fruit can lead to a quick and painful death. It's trunk is covered in thick and cracked bark, black in colour, and it bears thick, vivid green foliage with a large canopy. Its fruit is plump and smooth when ripe, and is coloured a bright and inviting pink, with orange splotches. It's leaves are small and round.Image Due to its allelopathic secretions, Lissira's Curse is always surrounded by a barren circle, or "dead zone", the width of which varies but generally matches the size of the canopy. It's fruit smells and tastes sweet, causing many animals and even people to assume that it is safe to eat. It's poisons in the fruit and seeds generally kill the victim before they make it far from it's dead zone, leaving a feast for the carrion birds, the only known animals able to survive the poisons.

Habitat: Both boreal forests and evergreen coniferous forests of Idalos. Most often found in Temperate zones.

Lifespan and Development: 500+ years. It takes approximately 50 years for the tree to meet full maturity, and till that time it's poisons are at half toxicity. Its trunk darkens with age, from a mid brown to black. Is only able to secrete allelopathic chemicals once past maturity.
Fruit begins as a bud at the end of the branches, and grows quickly, going from a shrivelled, dark red bulb to a large, firm and smooth fruit similar to a mango, but vibrant pink in colour, with orange splotches.

Not even the tree's own seeds can survive in the dead zone, and so Lissira's curse relies entirely on the carrion birds that feast on it's victims in order to spread it seeds, via the birds feces.

Uses: Despite it's inviting appearance, Lissira's Curse is a highly poisonous tree, with its leaves, fruit, roots and sap. The poisons can be harvested and used in creating much more elaborate poisons, and in moderation Lissira's Curse can be used to treat chronic pain, epilepsy, and to numb areas topically for surgeries. Due to the extremely poisonous nature of this tree, very few use it for anything other than it's poison, leaving any dropped limbs to root on the forest floor, rather than salvage them for firewood.

Abilities: Allelopathic secretions. Strong paralytic poisons in the sap, leaves, fruit and roots. Can paralyse the skin, muscles, nerve endings and even affect parts of the brain with neurotoxins.

Credit: Kala
Last edited by Kala on Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 500
"I'm young and I love to be young
I'm free and I love to be free
To live my life the way I want
To say and do whatever I please"

3/3
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Lissira's Curse

Approved by Maltruism
Looks like the changes were made. Sorry I missed them.
word count: 12
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “CtW - Approved, needs Wiki'd”