Those Who Seek (Kes)

Korva seeks many things, answers, people, who knows what she and Kes will find

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderator: Ghoul

Korva
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Fisherman/Woodworker
Renown: +90
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 4

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Re: Those Who Seek (Kes)

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 pm

*Speaking Rakahi
*Speaking Common

“Ya ain’t a child of wood.” Korva said with a roll of her eyes, “U’frek made ya whether ya like ‘em trees more than the waters or not.”

Korvas voice was serious, flat for only a moment with a touch of steel in her eyes, “Oh yea? ‘Course it must be safe, so safe they’re looking on their own? Don’t be stupid, Kes, I know yer smarter than that. Pirates are pirates, ya dig for ‘em and it ain’t treasure yer gonna find.” Again her hand went to her side, didn’t even need pirates here to get into trouble, “Where ya gonna be looking anyway? I stopped ya from going, I can give ya a ride there and ya can learn all ‘bout my baby on the way. And maybe I can help ya with that information yer wanting.”

Her voice was cheery once more but with every intention of dissuading the younger Biqaj. Though her eyes held the faint colors of worry, threading through the rest. She’d let the kid go and lose a chunk of his arm, and she’d barely found him again. She wasn’t about to let him run off and get his head lopped off next. The Biqaj woman would be damned if she kept failing kids. What did the doctors know anyway?

The morbid thoughts could not stay long at the kids smirk, her own jaw dropping though more in disbelief than any sort of praise. Of all the things he’d said that was probably the most surprising. It stopped the thoughts like a damn, allowing only the finest sting to trickle through as she near shouted at Kes.

“Yer gonna tell me ya can fish but ya ain’t gone on a boat?” The woman said in disbelief, eyes swimming with a mixture of excitement and curiosity, “Yer kidding me? Next ya’ll be telling me ya can’t swim! Whacha been doing all the time ya ain’t been on the water? Yer ma and pa ain’t the sailing sort?”

It was a bit of a hard thought to process the Biqaj woman not meaning offenses or to pry but her own upbringing had been on the seas. She’d been born in a storm, carried to safety but U’freks waves, her family was on a boat night and day even when docked. To imagine never having dropping a sail or felt the spray as you hit a good wind, seen land disappear like it was a spect, it was unfathomable to her. Korva couldn’t grasp it truly or how he didn’t seem to mind. Her heart would break too far away from the sea, if it wasn’t already but Korva laughed loudly at his name for her. It amused her and she still wasn’t inclined to give hers if he wasn’t going to ask for it.

“Well we ain’t gonna catch nothing sitting here, check the rigging with me then we pull the lines, yer gonna catch on quick if ya wanna steer the baby.”

As she spoke, Korva pulled the net, tossed it to the deck then held up the closest line, “Yer gonna make sure ya ain’t finding no tangles then yer gonna check the knots and then we pull in the lines and we’re gone.”

When they finished the ship would stay bobbing, swaying more easily with the waves but not quiet rushing out of the port. It would take Korva kicking away from the dock, and the topping lift. Releasing the sails without Kes’ help because she wanted him to have a tAste of the fun of sailing, not all the work. “Now, kid, yer gonna sail us to ‘em fish.”

The Biqaj woman jerked her head to the wheel as she spoke, waiting for him while the boat started to catch what little wind there was and pull away.

“Make sure ya don’t hit another boat, kid, or we ain’t coming back to the port.” There was laughter in her voice as she said it, clearly teasing, even if it was true.
**Made by the wonderful Kes
word count: 713
ન'ઊળઇ૯ ૧એ૪ઇ૮ ઔનઌઈઇ પઇ, પબ ઇબઇ૮ ૯રશ૧ મકઇ ૧એબ. --Korva
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 am

”Almund,” Kesindir had said after a few trills, ”Port Diablo,” though he knew the name would potentially just make things worse for him. He honestly didn’t want to try and justify why he was looking for information on the Pirate Lords. That’s all it was to him anyways, was just research. Even if it was into something as potentially life threatening as pirates it was just research in Kes’ mind. He’d never actually join up with pirates.

Thought it was beginning to look like no amount of talking about that subject would change Not Kali’s mind. He was about to interject when she brought up the possibility of him not knowing how to swim. ”I know how to swim well enough to cross rivers when needed, and can hold myself up in the deeper parts,” he scrunched up his face a bit at her, almost in a mocking, though silly, manner. ”My time spent not on the water was spent growing up in what lifestyle my father thought appropriate,” he paused for a few trills, looking out at the waters, ”I left home three arcs ago to set out on my own, to find who I was, but the rest of that story can be left for another time…”

Kesindir went about following her instructions, and helping her with the lines and such, happy for a change in conversation and scenery. Well, he was happy, till she said he’d be sailing them. ”I’ve never set foot on a boat till this trial, and you want me to sail your ship?” Was she mad? Maybe the infection on her foot was worse than she let on and she was suffering from delusions, or at least wasn’t in her right mind. Well, if he was gonna learn, this definitely was the fastest way!

Kes stepped up to the wheel and grasped it in both hands, the feel of the wood underneath his hands a very welcomed sensation. It felt right though he couldn’t exactly say why. He gave a quick high pitched whistle to call Dj’Oriq to the boat before they started to get too far from the docks. The small hawk flew in with a screech as it landed on one of the railings of the deck, it’s brown feathers rustling in the growing wind.

”Yarr! Avast ye matey!” Kesindir called out loudly before busting out in laughter at his own ridiculousness. He may not be a pirate, but he could sure pretend to know their lingo! So busy was he that he missed seeing another sloop coming in, though, even if the two ships got very close to each either, they did not hit. The two sloops rocked as the waters were a bit more turbulent than need be, and the air was filled with curses from the other boat as it passed, it’s captain and passenger visibly annoyed at the recklessness of the new captain.

”Sorry about that! Ye Scallywags!” Kesindir really couldn’t help himself sometimes, and in the moment, he was just there, enjoying the breeze in his face, the company of a friend, even if he still didn’t have a real name to call her by yet. Life was good at the moment, the pain and annoyed boaters aside, this moment was near perfect for Kes. Upon the water for the first time, a ship under his command, (well under his steering at least), heading towards a fishing spot, with Not Kali.
word count: 595
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Korva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 pm

“Almund.” Korvas voice rose slightly, though less because Kes wanted to go there and more because she really needed to not go back there. She’d escaped that damned mer so far but she couldn’t leave the kid alone. Just asking for a mer had nearly gotten her eaten, what would he get asking for a pirate? To be younger and stupider, Korva thought, but new she’d take him or follow him now that she knew, “‘Course I’ll take ya, twos better company than one, and I can keep an eye on ya and ya can sail again. If ya want to.”

But there was no doubt in her mind he would. There was nothing like sailing to set your heart at ease and speak with U’frek, letting the rough salt water scrub away your worries for awhile or take you where you needed to be. And she was so unworried there wasn’t even a batted eye when the ships slid passed each other with just enough room to save them from sinking, laughter bubbled up and slipped out loudly. He had been so worried but he took like a druken fish to water and sailed just about as well as. “Kid, ya ain’t gonna have a long pirate career if ya can’t sail.”

Teasing words but as they grew farther away from the water Korva mulled over what he’d told her before, glancing up as if the stars they couldn’t see held answers she didn’t have. Though they new each other they were no more than comrades in arms, at most, liars in arms even but she could never leave well enough alone. The words were probably the most honest she could be while still saying nothing much about herself at all, “I ain’t gonna tell ya pretty words ‘bout stupid shit I did as a kid, yer yer own person Kes but if ya need family and if ya want help with all that finding ya only gotta ask.”

To herself she kept her own opinions on raising a kid so far from the water, where they belonged. To keep that part locked away when the look of joy as he steered for the first time wasn’t something she’d forget ever. Even if she never had her own, she’d still gotten to show someone the joys of it. Part of her heart twisted and untwisted in all new ways at the thought this might be the only time she got to do this with someone who she called hers, even if it was in a lie. So if her eyes turned a molten silver as she watched him while the sailed, no one needed to know the lingering moments of grief she allowed herself for the day. But she couldn’t dwell forever—

“Oye! Pirate lord! Get to settled us down, Imma lift sail to slow up down, got it?”

Trusting the newest sailor Korva busied herself doing just that before she turned to Kes, “Now, ya ever drag a line on a boat? Easiest fishing ya’ll do. And yer gonna show me how well ya can do it, land fisher.”

Again her words were teasing, wanting him to experience all of the day she could offer as thanks for helping with the thralls, as a balm on her own emotions or maybe just for the company she hadn’t realized she’d been craving.
word count: 594
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:43 am

Well, Not Kali didn’t yell at Kesindir for nearly bringing their sailing trip to a quick watery end. He was thankful, in that moment he knew how to swim, though this far out from shore it would do him zero good. He was neither strong nor experienced enough to swim this distance. ”This is why you need to teach me! Not that I want to be a pirate, but…it would be better to know than not, right?”

He’d never given sailing a thought outside of needing to charter a boat to sail after his father. Though that goal seemed to be getting slowly further and further away from what he was considering currently important. A letter would be a good alternative, if only he knew where to send the damned thing. How far had his thoughts trailed in the past arc, from solely focusing on finding his family to following leads on the now gone Pirate Lords of arcs past.

Then he was called a pirate lord and nearly choked on his own breath as he laughed at the thought. ”Drag a line? Considering I’ve never set foot on a boat, I have not.” He stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry at her. ”It can’t be that hard though, right?’ At this point he’d fished for his own survival for near three arcs and only recently picked it up as a potential job. Ultimately it had all been for the best, allowing him to grow in his capabilities and earn a living off doing something he enjoyed. This though…this was on an entirely different level.

Drag fishing couldn’t be that hard right? ”So..uh do we like, attach to the boat or…throw and hope? I know Immortal’s will answer prayers, but I doubt U’frek will fill my nets if I blindly toss ‘em and ask for His help.” That was probably the first time Kes had spoken that name out loud. He wasn’t much of a religious man, even if U’frek commanded the seas they now sailed. Why believe in something that hadn’t helped him at his lowest? Isn’t that what those beliefs were for? Helping when someone reaches rock bottom?

Religion to Kes, was very similar to drag fishing, at least in this moment. Why learn about something you’ve had no use for before? There was always a time for learning when things presented the necessary motivation, but until that point, why bother? ”Tell ya what, Not Kali, you show me how to drag or line fish…ship fish? I’ll show you how to land fish. The peacefulness of sitting on a bank with the wind in your hair, no care’s in the world but the pole in your hand.” He was only slightly cocky with his tone, as he was certain that drag fishing would be more exhilarating than sitting on a lonesome bank, but there really was nothing better, in Kes’s mind, than relaxing beside a bank and waiting.

word count: 520
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Korva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 am

*Speaking Rakahi
*Speaking Common

“‘Course its better than to not, if ya know then ya can be a sea Biqaj ‘stead of a land one. If ya were a pirate I’d hafta keel haul ya straight to ‘em elementals.” Korva teased as she began to pick up the net. It’d been far to long since she’d just sat on the waves, not running from port to port. It was almost as if all her solo cycles and seasons had been for naught with the way she warmed to Kes being on board. The net slipped from her hands easily, feeding into the waves eagerly like it had been waiting just as long as she had. The last few fishing runs she’d either join a larger ship or just cast net near the sandy red shores but that wouldn’t be good enough to show Kes. Though perhaps after this she’d take him to the shores, just to watch him panic as they ran aground. It’d be just like the slight surprise she’ gotten when he’d nearly run them into another ship.

The thought made faint laughter echoed in her ears, in her mind she could almost hear someone else replying to her teasing, the thunder of arcs passed. For once, though it brought the usual pang there was no accompanying guilt or longing, just the pang of things that were. Maybe even todays news would fade, the sting just an ache that was manageable. Korva shook the thoughts away as she rummaged around for the net, “Ya copy me—yer gonna let the net drop in after we tie weight on, then ya sail. As ya go it does the work for ya, easy. Easier than teaching ya to steer anyway.”

“Oh aye? Ya gonna teach me?” The Biqaj woman laughed with abandon, “And whacha think yer gonna teach me? I ain’t need land fishing but I’ll humor ya and we’ll see whats better…if ya actually catch anything.”

The words were light but there was a fire of competition licking at her eyes, since when had she ever needed some baby Biqaj to teach her how to fish? Not today that was for certain! Hauling the wet net out she tossed it at the kids head gently, ready to take the steering while he readied his first attempt. “Trade ya, now show me what ya got mister fisherman!”
word count: 421
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:50 am

Kesindir caught the net with adept precision, one of the rare times his reactions were on time, and nodded. He took note to make sure he watched as she sailed to see if he could pick up on any tricks she used. Every step was new, every stride a lesson as Kes took in his first journey aboard the ship, and watching Not Kali work the wheel would just lead to him learning more, and wanting for more.

So he strode over to the railing with the net in hand, the familiar feel of the threading in his fingers as he absentmindedly traced the material, seeking out any imperfections he might find, but thankfully there were none. It was strange, how second nature something as simple as inspecting a net for tears or frays had become. All the trials he’d spent fishing at the banks of the river were finally paying off in more than just monetary value as his body was adjusting to doing things a certain way.

”So we need to tie a weight on it, then toss it over, yeah?” The question was rhetorical, he’d been listening to every word she said. She’d saved his life once already, the least he could do was give her his undivided attention while she spoke. ”Where the weights at..?” He’d asked quizzically and then nodded once she responded. He fetched two weights and fashioned them onto the net, ”Here and…here?” He’d pointed to the net to ensure the weights would be located in the best spots. If she’d chose to not answer, it was entirely plausible that the net would be weighted poorly and sink, becoming one with the sea she held so much respect for, and from what Kes knew of U’frek, he too should have some respect as well.

The net left his hands and landed with a splash in the water, sinking quietly into the darkness below. Kes was curious what mysteries, threats, and discoveries lied beneath the placid surface of the sea below their hull. What trekked about in the darkness, swimming blindly in the eternal search for food wandering aimlessly till someone came along and gathered them up in a net, cooked and prepared, then set them on a plate, and attacked them with a fork. Much like they were in the process of doing now.

”I think we are good to sail cap,” he turned to Not Kali and gave a salute before turning back to the netting to watch it drag along, the tether the only thing breaking the tension of the surface save the hull of the ship. If they really did bring up as much fish as she made it sound like, Kes may have found a new way to make himself some nel. ”Ever baited the water before?”

word count: 483
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

Korva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm

*Speaking Rakahi
*Speaking Common

“Where ya want, yer a sailor, figure it out if I tell ya everything ya won’t learn how to know it yerself.” The words weren’t meant to be unkind, Korvas da had always told her that, allowing her the barest of information then letting her sort the rest out herself. It made her think of the best way to use her intuition, let her think on her feet, a crucial part of being out on the sea with no safety net. “I ain’t never need to but aye, some do. Netting so deep ain’t worth the bait near the surface, sometimes it’ll gotcha more a mess ‘stead of fish, all swimming up top ‘stead of swimming in the net.”

Truthfully, Korva was just too broke to bait when she used her own sloop for fishing. Whenever she managed to pull in coin she never accounted it, never thought ahead farther than the current moment because who knew where the waves would send you? And maybe, she’d hadn’t really thought of it before, too wrapped up in sailing to care about actually catching fish. Too busy enjoying the roll of her sloop, the ease of which her legs rolled with them keeping her steady and wishing she could just swim to wherever she wanted. But be damned if she was gonna tell the kid that. With a secretive smile Korva wave her hand out to the seas, enjoying the ring of captain on her ears, however jokingly it was said.

“We’ve been sailing, ya water brain, how else ya gonna catch ‘em? Key to net fishing when yer dragging is to keep going. The more ya sail near a school or deeper down, more ya gonna pull up.” As she spoke she gently curved the wheel, keeping one eye on the already dying down sails. There wasn’t quite enough wind for a quick drag but if they slowed to far—“If we stop too much ya gonna catch fek all, keep an eye on ‘em sails if I tell ya to get ‘em moving. Yer gonna move the boom, careful it ain’t gonna take ya over the edge.”

She didn’t elaborate on how, trusting he had watched her do some of it or he’d ask, if he didn’t he’d learn real quick if the boom knocked him on his ass. Fondly, the Biqaj remembered her first run in with the boom and being sent sailing right over the side of the boat, all the while thinking she was about to die with the wind knocked out of her. Best bet she learned to duck after that or hang out tight. With a sharper jerk than necessary Korva turned the wheel to try and just keep the sails full, sloop bouncing hard enough to make even her lose a bit of footing but the sails inflated a bit more, boom tugging hard against its ties. The speed picked up enough to keep her content even if the move had nearly sent the ship over itself. If Kes had been a sailor he might have noticed her approach was less than stellar herself but wasn’t so whether or not he’d call her on it remained to be seen.

word count: 567
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:58 pm

What she said made sense, Kesindir knew. The net, with the added weight would sink further down, though to be fair to Kes, you didn’t really need to put weights on the net in a river. The water did most of that work for you. Well, the fish tended to stay a bit higher in the water so the bait just helped pull more towards the net’s location. This though, this was a bit more exhilarating than just falling asleep.

The speed with which the sloop cut through the water, the spray of the sea on Kes’ face, the sound of the wind as it rushed by, all of it added up to one enjoyable and memorable experience, and he’d been so wrapped up in his own head, numb to most of what was going on he hadn’t realized they were still sailing. He laughed at water brain, ”Yeah alright, I’m probably not paying attention to everything. This is just so fun!” It was at that moment the sloop jerked quickly and Kes lost his already precarious balance, his feet slipping out from under him, and landing with a thud on the duck.

”Well, I was doing great!” Kes laughed as he picked himself off the deck and looked back at Korva with a goofy smile, no shame or embarrassment. How could he be either in a moment as near perfect as this? There wasn’t much that could foul his mood at the moment, even if they didn’t catch any fish in the net. He’d actually been able to sail! Something so integral to his race and it took him seventeen arcs to finally step aboard a ship of some kind. He could get used to this.

”Think it’s time to pull the net? See how lucky we can get?” Kes was certainly hopeful that the net wouldn’t be as empty as the first time he tried using a net. Two fish for several breaks worth of work was not worthwhile in his book. He waited for Korva’s response, whether she wanted him to pull the net, or man the wheel, it mattered not to Kes, he was just all too happy to help, and he would to.

Once the net had been pulled in, Kes would ask where they were headed next. It didn’t really matter where, though he was heading towards Almund, he could get there by horse in a trial or two easy enough from Scalvoris Town. He was intent on inquiring about the Pirate Lords. The fact that they’d vanished with little to no evidence of where they went was absolutely fascinating to his young mind. Leaving no room for considering the potential consequences of his inquiries.

word count: 471
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

Korva
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 pm

*Speaking Rakahi
*Speaking Common

“Ain’t luck, kid, U’frek says ya get some or he sends ya off to kick waves. Can’t give all his fish up.” Korva said with a laugh, “Haul ‘er up!”

As Kes hauled it in, the Biqaj woman prepared to turn the sloop away from the wind and back towards port. A part of her thought of simply heading to Almund but with a haul of fish it’d never work. Fresher sold better. If they caught anything but watching Kes haul up the net it wasn’t just the weights weighing it down. “Ya gotta tie the top of it or they’re gonna end up all over the deck.”

As she spoke, Korva angled the boat for turning, it was wide trying not to jibe and send Kes on his ass again or send the boom into him. Trusting Kes to hold the fish or not caring if they ended up all over the deck, her eyes stayed locked on the sails with pursed lips. Wrong direction as always. Turning always threw her off, it was a struggle to remind herself that she wanted to head into the wind for reasons other than going forward. Only when the sails blew outward did a grin split her face, eyes lighting up.

“Turning!” She hollered, not paying attention to whether or not Kes had actually hauled up the fish entirely. If he hadn’t he’d have a bear of a time pulling them up, if he had he would be lucky if it didn’t drop right on him. But none of that was her concern, sailing was finally finishing it’s job of wrenching away more of her woes. Here she had a fellow Biqaj, sailor, U’frek born. Here she had her fish, a family she could imagine. Here the words from earlier in the day didn’t matter a wit as she geared them back towards Scalvoris.

“When yer done playing with their fishies yer gonna come steer us in.” The Biqaj woman figured at this point Kes wouldn’t balk at the task as he had in the beginning, the question was more how badly he was going to hit the docks. But it would be easier to have him steer than mess with the rigging, which was what she would be doing was they bumped easily towards the city.
word count: 414
Kesindir
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm

”Aye aye, Cap!” Kes resounded as he pulled on the net, the weight something he’d not quite felt before. It was much heavier than any net he’d ever pulled in off the river which shouldn’t have been a surprise. He nodded about the knot at the top, one of the last things he wanted was a deck full of flopping fish for them to work around while bringing the ship into the docks. He secured the top of the net with a sheet knot, a rather basic knot but was perfect for situations such as this, and finished pulling the remainder of the net over the railing. It wasn’t a ton of fish but it certainly was a fair catch.

He turned and watched as she maneuvered the ship in a wide turn, the sails billowing as they caught the wind. She was talented, definitely a water born Biqaj, and it showed in just how comfortable at all parts of the ship she was. One day, perhaps, he’d be at that point too. He’d get his chance to prove his seaworthiness a lot quicker than he thought. Not Kali wanted him to sail the ship into dock. He’d had some practice, and hopefully it wouldn’t end disastrously, but there was no reason in complaining. He knew she’d make him do it either way.

As such, Kesindir took over at the helm and grinned. The wood felt natural in his hands. Smooth from use, but still rough. ”Right then, let’s do this!” The ship sailed through the water at speeds that felt too fast for an approach, but the dock wasn’t quite in sight yet, and he knew Not Kali would trim the sails when needed. ”Trim the sails!” He called out as the dock grew larger and larger as Not Kali raised the sails, the wind catching less of the material and the sloop slowing down, though not completely stopping.

The wood creaked as the waves lapped against the hull of the ship, the sloop slowly cutting its way towards the Scalvoris Town docks. ”Raise the sails, let’s coast the rest of the way,” Kes called out, confidence evident in his voice as he maneuvered the ship slowly into the harbour. There wasn’t much in the way of other ships leaving, so they had a pretty clean and clear entry. The ship wasn’t fully slowed by the time they reached the docks, and as such they came in with a bit harder of a bump than was intended, jostling the ship as it collided with the docks, concerned and annoyed looks being cast their way from the dock workers.

”Sorry bout that!” Kes shrugged and hopped down to help tie off the last few leads to keep the ship secured to dock. ”Overall, a successful venture I’d say eh,” he trailed off for a moment studying Not Kali, ”Captain?” Maybe one day he’d have an actual name to call her by, but for the time being, Captain suited her better than Not Kali. He offered to help tow the netting in to help her sell her catch, not wanting to leave all of that for just her to take care of. After everything was done Kes would head out of town to take his place out in the woods, as much as the Captain wanted to change him, he was, and probably always would be, a woodland kid. ”I’ll be camping south of Town, so you can find me next time, and not send the Elements after me, yeah?”

word count: 613
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought

Return to “Scalvoris Town”