• Closed • The Dragon Pact (Mute)

Mute's interview to join Kleptés.

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus, Vorpal, Ghoul

Tio Silver
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Pirate Captain
Renown: +422
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters
Medal count: 24

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The Dragon Pact (Mute)

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Almund, Scalvoris
?
Scalvoris could be very quiet at night. In the hearts of Almund and Scalvoris Town it remained ever busy of course, but around the outskirts of the cities when darkness set in the crowds of people wandering about slowly thinned out little by little until nothing remained but the haunting howl of the winds and the occasional stray animal. Just out past the borders of the cities it was quieter still, for few animals dared come too close to civilization and few people dared to stray too far from it at night. It was a no man's land between the worlds of mankind and nature.

And it was in just such a place, an arrow’s shot away from the walls of Almund, that an unusual meeting had been arranged to take place. An anonymous letter had been sent to Mute requesting him to come there that night, promising him the opportunity of a lifetime. Should he choose to do as the letter requested, Mute would notice the orange glow of a small campfire as he drew near to the meeting place.

Tio had set up a small campsite in the clearing; the same clearing that a few seasons ago had been the place where the orb of Kleptés had been used to take Tio to Etzos. Thanks to that it was now a site where the orb could allow it's holder in Etzos to commune him, and in turn anyone else who happened to be there. Tio himself was sat upon one of the two logs that'd been placed on either side of the fire to serve as makeshift seats.
word count: 291
Mute
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Re: The Dragon Pact (Mute)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 pm

"Silence Reigns . . ."
VHALAR 10, 718
Almund

A courier by trade, I always found it rather ironic when I received a letter or package. And very, very alarming. Granted, the contents of the envelope had been more than obligatory inquiries or half-hearted discourse. No, I had been invited to a meeting, one that if I attended would potentially open the door to an opportunity quite unlike one I had ever experienced before. Me, selected above seemingly everyone else in this sordid town.

I didn't like being singled out.

But curiosity ultimately overwhelmed caution and I ventured out into the night that few dared walk through Almund's outskirts. Thankfully, I was not accosted. Perhaps my silhouette seen in the infrequent torchlight deterred the less bold lurking in the shadows. Or perhaps the chill air of Vhalar had forced the average cutpurse or mugger indoors earlier than they would operate in the Hot Cycle. Regardless, I was fortunate and utterly relieved. I preferred the mundane when the likeliest consequence of excitement was my own well-being.

The crackle of a fire told me that I had arrived to the chosen location. It was not what I expected; or, rather, who. Tio Silver awaited me, seated on a long opposite an empty space I assumed was meant for me. I hadn't seen the man since our romp through Sweetwine Woods and was curious as to why he thought we needed to rekindle our relationship, if it could even be called that. I moved to take up a spot on the second log, giving the man little more than a cursory nod. Knowing how vocal the man could be, I knew it wouldn't be long before I was made aware of the purpose of this rendezvous

I just hoped he kept his shirt on this time.
word count: 306

Return to “Almund”