Yludih - Q&A

With Shards

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Peer Reviewer, Staff, Wiki Worker

Sintih
Race: Yludih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

What is the Yludih word for future?
word count: 7
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 278
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Hey,

Another question here. Can Yludih mimic voices as well as appearances?

If yes, would they be able to speak when in animal form? Or do their vocal chords change in some way to mimic it?
word count: 36
Quio
Approved Character
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

1.) How much of the 'real' world's natural attributes can be attributed to the Uleuda realm? There is a crystal forest-- does that mean that other natural features, oceans, rivers, caves, etc, may be created by the Yludih or 'discovered' within Uleuda?

2.) Just to make sure, is becoming a nulliem a gradual process (you lose hope and mentally/emotionally get worse and worse until you turn) or is it immediate?

3.) How do the Yludih go about altering/creating the crystal (especially new trees in the forest)? Would it make sense for a crystal shard (like a sapling) to be planted and then concentrated on to grow? Can the crystal trees grow at supernatural speed, or does it take a while for one to become full height?

4.) If it does take a while to turn into a nulliem, conceivably could I create a Yludih fauna that sniffs out Yludih who are slowly becoming nulliem? Also, related to that, if I wanted to create flora/fauna/landmarks/whatever (development stuff) for the Uleuda, would I submit that to the regular development board? I only ask because like, when I want to develop Rynmere I post it to a Rynmere-specific board, but I don't think(?) the Uleuda has one of those.

5.) Speaking of, do you have need (or want) of someone to create Uleuda locations (an armory, classrooms, etc)? What about NPC's (specifically, named Ancient Ones)?

6.) Do the Yludih feel any need to eat or can they even eat/drink at all in the Uleuda? This would probably tie into whether or not there are rivers and things there (I imagined rivers of light or perhaps plasma instead of water)? Is there fire (or some equivalent) there? Can they kill and eat the creatures that live there? Or do they get 'sustenance' from Yldria's light? Also, does the Uleuda have periods of 'day' and 'night' (perhaps Yldria becoming brighter and dimmer?) What is the sky like-- is it merely black with stars, or are there clouds? Weather? Wind? Is it hot or cold in Uleuda, or is there no feeling of temperature there?

7.) Do the people who reside permanently in the Uleuda (Ancient Ones and others who have passed on) need periods of rest/sleep? Perhaps they use meditation instead of full sleep? Do they function at all like regular bodies, or are they exempt from all that pesky physical nonsense?

Thanks!
word count: 419
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Sintih
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

What is the fame value for an Yludih in Uleuda? I assume the basic -10 fame wouldn't be counted in Uleuda.
word count: 22
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Just another thought to add to the queue, more than an actual question.

I was thinking that the ability to steal faces seems...well totally overpowered for Yludih. With a one-thread requirement, plus a one-season requirement to adequately pass as them, its easy to gain faces willy-nilly. As an example, I already have two faces beyond the starting two.

So my idea was that you could tie the number of faces you can learn into the Yludih's disguise skill, and to a lesser degree, possibly their meditation (Uleuda meditation helping out in Idalos). Maybe give a face maximum to each level? The faces can always be forgotten, but it takes time to learn a new one?

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I figured I'd dump it here for now.
word count: 138
Sintih
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Are Yludih capable of going to Uleuda during the day if they sleep?
What happens if a Yludih faints? Are they capable of going to Uleuda for the time they're out cold?
Are there objects in Uleuda that Yludih can use during their time there? For example, pen and paper to write notes on (or crystal and scratching tool) or clothes to wear?
word count: 64
Sintih
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Is nakedness a thing in Uleuda considering they're made up of crystals and don't seem to have visible reproductive organs?
What happens to a Yludih in Uleuda if someone forcefully wakes them up while they're asleep?
word count: 39
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Sintih wrote:Is nakedness a thing in Uleuda considering they're made up of crystals and don't seem to have visible reproductive organs?
From the Yludih Race Page:
Yludih Clothing
The Yludih wear crystal translucent sheets upon their bodies, ethereal and billowing when they walk through the Uleuda world. As they reach toward dead, they begin to gain small amounts of color on their bodies and clothing.
word count: 68
Sintih
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

When Yludih change shape into an animal form are they still capable of speech? Considering that speech for a Yludih comes from their crystal bodies and not from any vocal cords (as they don't have those nor do they have lungs with which to push air through vocal cords), would a bird-form Yludih still be able to talk as a normal person?

As crystal beings with nothing more than a little sun inside of them, do Yludih get affected by diseases? It would be hard to get a runny nose when your nose is a solid piece of crystal.
word count: 101
Sintih
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

If a Yludih would sleep with another Yludih who they don't know is a Yludih would their bodies instinctually meld together in their racial form of sex despite the illusions their bodies put up? Or is the illusion strong enough to cover even against instinct?
word count: 46
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”