Yludih - Q&A

With Shards

Please note: Answers in this archive may be out of date / things may have changed. Do not take for granted anything older than 6 months old. If in doubt - better to ask again.

Moderators: Staff, Peer Reviewer, Wiki Worker

Nixie
Approved Character
Race: Mer
Profession: Treasure Hunter
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Yludih - Q&A

Does a Yludih need to breath? If it didn't transform into a Mer or some other race, would it sink?
word count: 21
Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: 113
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 3

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

If you could, I'd really like to know how many threads you have to do to learn a second animal form? I assume after you learn one you will need less threads to learn the next? I'm planning on learning a ton of animal forms, starting this season.
word count: 50
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Shards
Prophet of Old
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Quio wrote:I don't know if this knowledge existed before, but now that we've had the domain update, I was wondering how fractures work with Yludih? Because Yludih cannot access Emea, does this mean they would be barred from entering a fracture into Emea? Or is entering it physically different than entering it while asleep?
Yes, that is correct, they would be barred entering a fracture into Emea.
EDIT: Also I'm doing a thread in the Uleuda and my partner brought up in-post that it was odd that the Yludih only had polearms for weapons. That got me thinking...

The Uleuda is a real-space, but it's also a mind-space, right? Like, Quio's not physically there, he's there mentally, spiritually. So, can Yludih shift forms in Uleuda (perhaps more easily, or to forms they don't yet have in the 'real world', even)? (UPDATE: The lore says that they cannot shift forms in Uleuda). And also, could like... their spears (or even other items) morph into whatever they happen to need at the time? So like, a spear could morph into a bow and arrow?

Or no?
Having peer reviewed your RP with Yana, there was plenty of things I took away from how you guys responded the setting. Uleuda allows the Yludih to 'come as you are' no trickery, no illusions, no morphing. It is where the Yludih have an actual identity and sense of self. Uleuda is the 'real world' for the Yludih in some ways. Therefore, the spear is like a spear in our world, it is what it is. But, I do think there should be other weapons, like a bow + crystal arrow and so on and I will introduce these into the lore.
EDIT 2: What happens to a Yludih in the real world when they are turned into nulliem in Uleuda? Do they simply die in their sleep? Also, what happens to a Yludih who dies or is injured in other ways in the Uleuda (aka stabbed by a spear, crushed by a falling tree, etc)? Do they simply wake up?
They cease to exist and disappear if destroyed by the Nulliem. If killed in another way, they will die in Idalos. I suppose like the Matrix ><
Yanahalqah wrote:I came up with some more questions! :D
Haha awesome ^^

They are all following the theme of organs and injury.
Yanahalqah wrote:1) Apart from the asterism, do Yludih have internal organs? I imagine they do possess a esophagus-like canal to bring food to the asterism -or that their insides change automatically to bring this about? But what of other organs? I can't imagine the Yludih having a need for them, really. Which ties in with my next question!
Absolutely, they have canal for food and liquid for the asterism. There is no need for any other organs.
Yanahalqah wrote:2) Under the assumption that Yludih have no internal organs other than the asterism, is there a need for Yludih to breathe? Can they even breathe? They seemingly run on carbohydrates alone, but do they need oxygen to burn them and gain energy? What about the Yludih impersonating Mer? As the disguise is not a true transformation but an illusion, they can't actually form gills, can they? Then -if they actually need to breathe- how do they get their oxygen from the water?
It is a good point and something I never actually thought about. Indeed, they may form gills for appearance only. However, it does not make sense that they require oxygen as they do not have blood. I don't know if I want to go into how they would feel in different pressures... but perhaps it is safe to say they cannot swim too deep, say only the depth a Mer can swim to!
3) How do you kill a Yludih? And I don't mean by destroying the asterism. I imagine that since they emit light when wounded, a severe injury would drain them of too much of the light energy, and kill them? Much like them bleeding out. But is it instant death, or does it take a while? Say you cut their head off, do they die immediately? Or can they just gather their severed head, push it back on their neck and wait for it to heal? Given that they are fast enough to accomplish this.
To simplify it, they would die of similar injuries to that of a human. I think that considering the similarity of a human and Yludih physically, it would make sense that their head contains functions for thinking and the like, similar to a brain. Thus, decapitation would cause instant death.
4) Building on n°3, what is a too severe wound? I think I read somewhere that Yludih can lose a limb. I consider this to be a rather significant wound, where a lot of light would escape. But if they don't necessarily die from that, what makes losing a limb different from losing a head? Or being run through (asterism remains unharmed)?
As per above, the head would be more important for bodily functions.
5)Say a Yludih lost a limb, and the Yludih chooses not to reflect it in their illusion, how does that work? I mean, the illusion is only optical, right? Wouldn't that mean that anyone trying to grab their hand (the severed hand) would be trying to grasp thin air? Or do they simply use some spare crystals from their body -internal crystals for example- to create a new limb, but at the cost of being more fragile?
Yes, they would grasp thin air. However you are correct that a new limb is possible but at the cost of fragility.
6) Can one earn xp points and knowledge from threads in the Uleuda? If yes, where do we post the review requests?
Sorted out.
nixie wrote:Does a Yludih need to breath? If it didn't transform into a Mer or some other race, would it sink?
Hello Nixie! Answered above. No, they can swim, just not as well as a Mer.
quio wrote:If you could, I'd really like to know how many threads you have to do to learn a second animal form? I assume after you learn one you will need less threads to learn the next? I'm planning on learning a ton of animal forms, starting this season.
I will update this on the front of the Q&A as well as the race page.

After speaking to Vlu, we are looking at reducing the number of threads for the first animal form. My intention is to reduce the...grindiness of it.
word count: 1123
Shards
Prophet of Old
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Yludih - Q&A

All Yludih:

The requirements of the Yludih animal morphing has been reduced slightly after going through it with Vlu.

We have also provided requirements for the second animal form.

Please see the first post in this thread, at the bottom for the amended requirements!
word count: 44
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Sorry for asking so soon after you posted, but can steps 1, 2, and 3 of learning your initial form be somewhat interchanged? So say you could observe an animal and then gain further knowledge of it, or even begin attempting the meditation required to de-solidify your body before you chose an animal, as long as all of those steps have been mastered before the transformation stage? Or is it a really rigid system?
word count: 75
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Shards
Prophet of Old
Office

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Yes, that is fine!
word count: 4
Lihobri
Approved Character
Race: Qi'ora
Profession: Bandit
Renown: -50
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Suppose an Yludih's primary form is a Mer, and they lead a Mer's maritime lifestyle. Is this Yludih eligible for the Mer starting package? None of the other packages makes sense in this case.
word count: 36
Vluharqih
Approved Character
Profession: Apothecary
Renown: 278
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

Maybe shards can correct this, but I believe any character can take any pack. Im not sure if you would be able to take the skill bonuses, but I see no reason why you couldn't take the mer package.
Last edited by Vluharqih on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 40
Quio
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

What happens to a Yludih's soul that doesn't make it to Uleuda when they die? Is it just gone? Do they become nulliem?
word count: 25
A L I A S E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Iaan, Korim
Image Image Image
Sintih
Profession: Student
Renown: 110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Yludih - Q&A

How does Fame work for an Yludih? Do we need to keep track of it for each form separately? Or is it just one fame rank for the character? I don't think my government working Ithecal's fame should be put together with my thief's fame.
word count: 48
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Q&A Archive”