• PM To Join • Inquisitive Initiates. (Aneka)

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Munchkin, Oracle, Sceptre

Nir'wei
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Animal Handler of The Menagerie
Renown: +146
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medal count: 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Inquisitive Initiates. (Aneka)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 am

He raised one shoulder in a casual shrug. "Leading isn't about size, strength, speed... it's not even about fighting capability, or even basic competence. It's about making the judgement calls and owning up to your mistakes and yeah, living by example, I suppose. Though honestly it's as much about your followers as it is you. I can't lead a wolf that doesn't want to follow, or bring one into the pack that doesn't want to come here." He glanced to Greyhide and Myrth, both stretching into the squire's hands and flicking their ears playfully under his curled fingers. Tongues hanging from their muzzles like they didn't have a care. "I mean. I think you could, if you wanted. It's just about attitude, carrying yourself with a little more weight to your step, being open, y'know. But you want to lead, and you want to know how to do it right, and that speaks volumes." He didn't really know how much comfort his affirmations could offer, but he gave them willingly. Aneka struck as a nice one. They could do with a few more nice ones around here.

Opening his mouth to ask some more questions about these strange creatures, Nir'wei was suddenly cut short by a yell across the training ground that he was sure shook the ground and sent half the yard twisting their necks so fast they might pop straight off their shoulders. Xithyria, apparently finished with lashing the four others for their paltry performance, stood with his tree-trunk arms folded over a chest rippling with tensed muscle, staring with such vehemence at Nir'wei and Aneka that it was a sheer miracle the two didn't combust into flames on the spot. "I'm so glad to see you're hard at work with your training," he said, sarcasm dripping like foam from between his bared teeth as he marched forward. "In fact, why don't you do me a quick favour and come over here, show me all the new techniques you've been perfecting, hmm?" The imitation of a winning smile vanished under a furious snarl when he reached down and uncrossed his arms, drawing a massive-looking sword with a blade as long as Nir'wei stood tall from his back, along with a square wooden shield that could have blocked out the sun. "NOW!"

In a snap Nir'wei bolted to his feet, and it was as if a wave shot through the rest of his animals at once. Greyhide and Myrth's whole bodies went rigid, before they pulled back out of Aneka's hands and ghosted up to Nir's sides, Greyhide under his right palm and Myrth under his left. Cold jumped upright but his head was lowered, bright eyes locked on the knight. At once, there was an energy to them all, an understanding that something big was about to happen. And then Xithyria's eyes turned to Aneka. They burned with an unnatural, very inhuman fury. "The hell are you sitting there gawking for, huh? This ain't a training sword, short fry. Better run back to whoever's got your leash, unless you want to be sent back to them in neat little slices. GET OUT!"

"It was great talking to you," Nir'wei whispered over his shoulder. "We should definitely do it again sometime! Uhh, sorry. I... think you should probably get out of here." Another bestial roar snapped his attention back, and with a buzz of activity, the initiate, the three wolves and even Vabina quickly rushed back to resume their training. Or rather, their beating. Against four, Nir'wei could hold his own, just about. Against Xithyria, he couldn't even get close.
word count: 640
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight(Squire)
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 am

Inquisitive Initiates

She nodded, trying to absorb Nir's words and wisdom, and this is quite a big step for someone who rarely listens, even to people stronger than her... Huh... I guess that's what he meant, respect and having the follower actually... want to follow. She thought and smiled at Nir.

"This is actually been quite a nice talk and I think I can learn a lot from you! And Myrth and Greyhide are so cute and friendly!" She said and ruffled their fuzzy heads.

Then it seemed like the very ground started shaking and a voice akin to thunder striking the ground and almost everyone turned their heads to the source of the voice.

Almost on instinct when the voice called her out to leave, she got up and turned around, only to pause mid-step and turned back towards Nir'wei and Ser Xithyria. "In for a copper... In for a Gold I say." She said and drew her sword.

Everyone could hear a very audible facepalm on the other side of the arena. Ser Xander had an armored hand on his face and an exasperated sigh coming from his lips.

"We decide who we follow, right?" She said to Nir'wei, and her eye started sparking a brilliant blue, she was excited to actually fight, but even she could see that she was outmatched, even together with Nir and the other animals. Either way, the situation seems pretty dire, especially since Xithyria seemed to be ready to explode, since she was just defied by a cocky little initiate.

"Common", "Rakahi"
word count: 272
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 am

This must have been what people meant when they talked about encouraging speeches backfiring horribly. Surely Aneka had to realise that this really wasn't what he'd meant when he said all that stuff, right? Apparently not. Sweet Karem, he should have just kept his mouth shut, but it was a little too late for that; the Ithecal wasn't playing around, and he'd already picked up his marching pace once more, this time squarely aimed not at Nir'wei, but the plucky little initiate who dared to stand with her sword drawn and pointed at him. "You want to join in, huh? Alright then. Begin." All at once, the four of Nir's animals charged.

Cold came in from the left. Greyhide charged alongside Myrth for the beginning, then peeled away and jumped in from the right. Barreling down the middle right behind the brown wolf came Vabina. For any other combatant it would have been an end of the line there, but Xithyria, standing at over nine feet and every bit of it raw thick-hide muscle, moved with a fluidity that a creature of his size simply shouldn't have. He turned, and just as Cold's jaws were coming to snap down around one leg, Xithyria lifted it away and kicked Greyhide away, knocking the wolf back in a daze. His huge shield spun around, catching Myrth under the ribs and physically lifting her into the air, sweeping around to knock her into Cold and send them both sprawling in a heap while the other wolf was still trying to futilely make a second snap for his ankles.

The momentum of his shield-sweep twisted the rest of his body around just in time to aim the sword tip-first at the charging Zephyrus, pinching just under its throat, hard enough for it to quite clearly feel the full edge of sword so close to slicing away its most tender region... while gentle enough to simply shove it away without a cut to show for it. Just like that, Nir'wei was incapacitated. His bow, his sword, none of it would be able to match the Ithecal any more than his animals, and with that he stepped back as Xithyria swept by and came to stop before Aneka, staring him down so literally that it left Aneka standing in the shade. "Put down the sword." There was a very conspicuous threat behind that command. She'd either lower the sword or he'd likely put it through her. Their games were finished. "You interfere in my initiate's training again, and by the time I'm done with you, you won't be able to pick up a sword again."

Greyhide, Cold, Myrth and Vabina picked themselves up and stumbled back to Nir'wei while the huge Ithecal was otherwise occupied, and the Sev'ryn quickly checked over them all in turn. Nothing but some light scratches, maybe a little bit of bruising on Myrth from that shield-bash, but nothing that he couldn't handle in a day or two at best. "Come on Aneka, you should... you should probably get going now. I'll catch up with you later, I promise!" In all honesty he was glad for the other initiate's help, if only to make sure that his wolves were okay, but it was growing clearer by the second that this was a time to pick your battles... and this was one battle she wasn't going to win, no matter how much she dug her heels in.
word count: 605
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight(Squire)
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:08 am

Inquisitive Initiates

Ser Xander called out to her. "As much as I would like to see you be put in your place, that would be my job. Put down the sword, initiate!" Xander said and crossed his arms, looking stern but there was a mix of concern on his face. "His threats are as real as that sword you're using, so put the blade down and walk away. A real warrior would know when to back down."

"And you would leave an ally behind in a fight?! Not a chance!" She called out and stepped forward to the impossible challenge in front of her.

Her instincts finally kicked in when her eyes saw the shield coming at her, almost blindly fast, she couldn't even put her any defense before the shield sent her to the ground, and then a swift and firm boot kicked her right in the chest, there was no holding back from that powerful boot and it would have sent her flying if Xithyria didn't grab her by the wrist.

Aneka had already dropped her sword during the first bash. Any sane person would yield at this point and retreat and fight another day.

But instead Aneka had a free hand and clenched it into a fist and hit Xithyria in his scaly face. Completely and utterly ineffectual, and only made Xithyria more angry.

Ser Xander looked over to the other initiates. "You, get the medic and a stretcher. The rest of you lot, nothing to see here, get back to your training!" The knights-in-training scattered, not wanting to be on the bad side of one of the instructors like that poor blonde idiot got herself into. Xander looked back only hearing a loud snap, followed by a scream of anguish and a body being dropped on the ground.

Aneka was clutching her arm, bent in an unusual angle, and she was writhing in pain on the ground. Xander went over to Aneka, and looked over to Xithyria, wordlessly saying that he'll handle disciplining her, and the larger scaled warrior turned away to focus on Nir'wei.

"You're an idiot! If this was a real fight, what use would you be if both of you were killed fighting an enemy neither of you could beat? And for the love of Illaren, think! For once in your life! There will be consequences to your actions! This isn't some story in your books or told by your father, this is real and you need to know when to stop and run away! If you can't even learn that, then maybe you're not cut out for being a Lightning Knight." Xander chewed her out, but all she could do was wince in pain until the stretcher arrived and took her away.

"Common", "Rakahi"
word count: 480
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 am

There was something awful about watching a scene unfold before you with no way to stop or interfere. He couldn't. Aneka had a better chance than him, and she didn't even manage to raise her sword to defend herself before it was clattering to the floor, her body not far behind. It all happened faster than he could even shout, not that his voice offered any authority over the situation. "She's had enough!" Even as the words left his mouth, she proved them to be false. He'd done what he could, he told himself over and over again. He'd told her to leave, they all had.

It didn't make the snap any easier to bear. Dropping the girl like a carcass, discarded, Xithyria turned to Nir'wei just as the Sev'ryn was beginning to rush towards Aneka's aid, and stopped him with an outstretched hand. "She'll live." The words just made his jaw tighten, but the Ithecal was already moving forward, practically tugging Nir'wei along with him like a petulant child that had just thrown a tantrum.

"That was unnecessary," Nir'wei said with as hard a voice as he could.

"It was," Xithyria agreed casually. "You make poor friends. She should have listened to you. And her own knight." The Ithecals brows furrowed briefly in what almost looked like concern. Had he come to his senses? "One has to wonder if he has a proper handle on his pupil, letting her run wild like that." Gods, was that really all that was on his mind?!

"No. No no no, you cannot do that!" The knight stopped and he swore he could feel those powerful yellow eyes drilling into his skull, but for once he didn't care. He could still hear Aneka's moaning in the background. "You can't mutilate someone for not following one set of orders, you can't hand such... such life-changing punishments for such a tiny misdeed! It's not right!"

Of all the things the knight could have done in that moment, he snorted with a faint laugh. "On the contrary," he replied. "I was being very lenient." There was a glitter of humour on the reptiles face as the corners of his mouth twitched with amusement. "After all; all I gave him was a slap on the wrist, so to speak." With that he walked off, leaving Nir'wei and his animals to trail afterwards, casting apologetic looks back at Aneka as she was hauled away on a stretcher.
word count: 435
Korva
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Fisherman/Woodworker
Renown: +40
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Rewards!

Name: Nir'wei

Knowledge:

Tactics: You can't individually control every member of a team the way you'd like.
2. Tactics: Maintaining a closed group formation.
3. Animal Training (Wolf): Maintaining a healthy relationship is simpler than once thought.
4. Animal Training (Wolf): Pack mentality isn't about strength or age.
5. Animal Training (Wolf): Training the same command across species is harder than within the same species.
6. Animal Training (Wolf): Give incentive to encourage the behaviour you want them to express.
7. Animal Training (Wolf): Keep them happy and they'll keep you happy.
8. Animal Training (Wolf): Maintaining a solid relationship takes more than just training.
9. Animal Training (Wolf): Any wolf of the pack can challenge authority for leadership.
10. Animal Husbandry (Wolf): Bathing isn't the same as cleaning.
11. Animal Husbandry (Wolf): Caring for their physical health is just as important to their mental health.
12. Animal Husbandry (Wolf): Mites and dust lead to diseases and cuts.
13. Animal Husbandry (Wolf): Good behaviour is important for their health as well as their fighting ability.

Loot: NA
Injuries: Bruises for several trials, where and how much they hurt are up to you :)
Renown: NA
Magic XP: NA

- - -
Name: Aneka

Knowledge:

Leadership: It's not about who's biggest or strongest.
2. Leadership: Treat those around you with respect and you'll get it back.
3. Leadership: Being a good leader isn't about seeking followers, but by leading and letting the followers come.
4. Tactics: Picking your battles.
5. Animal Husbandry: Look for the little details when inspecting.
6. Animal Husbandry: Regular cleaning is important for general health.
7. Animal Training: Using positive reinforcement to encourage good behaviour.
8. Animal Training: Not so different from working with humans.
9. Animal Training: Remember, you're only on top because they want you there.
10. Discipline: Standing up for your friends.
11. Discipline: Disobeying direct orders for what's right.
12. Discipline: Never back down, even when everyone around you tells you otherwise.

Loot: NA
Injuries: Broken arm. Will take 21-42 trials to heal depending on how bad you would like the break to be. Keep this in mind for threads :)
Renown: NA
Magic XP: NA

- - -
Comments: This started out as a cute little interaction. I love how similar Nir and Aneka are but how differently they see things. Both of you of did a great job keeping the dialogue going smoothly without it taking over the story.

Nir showed a lot more back bone than I've seen in his threads. I liked it!

Aneka may be brash but you gotta give her points for sticking to her guns!

Overall very enjoyable and the ending was horrible but lovely, well played guys!

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM or ping me in Discord. Thanks!

**Made by the magnificent Kes
word count: 507
ન'ઊળઇ૯ ૧એ૪ઇ૮ ઔનઌઈઇ પઇ, પબ ઇબઇ૮ ૯રશ૧ મકઇ ૧એબ. --Korva

Return to “Rharne”